Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

Puistokemisti posted:

http://www.hel-looks.com/

It's from that comic but basically isn't mentioned again.

want to play Dungeons & Dragons with this guy:

Edit:

I knew it!

quote:

Miika, 30

“I'm wearing a suit by Johanna Eskelinen and shoes by Prada. I'm inspired by disco, broght colours and prints.

22 May 2015, Pre Helsinki

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 1, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Accretionist posted:

Hang on, do average Finns actually look like that?

Because I'm picturing Finland as a bunch of time travelers from the 1970s now, a nation where Led Zeppelin and board games are still popular, and I must go there

finland can emulate any decade you wish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ABgSzsPGDc

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

ultrabindu posted:

So really what I'm getting from this is that Finland and Scandinavia in general is not a place I should want to visit.

correct, but especially true in the case of finland, who is the bottom bitch of scandinavia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Zzulu posted:

correct, but especially true in the case of finland, who is the bottom bitch of scandinavia

not sexy like swede, no oil money like Norway and no amazing farmland like Denmark.

such is life

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
"Amazing farmland" lol. Denmark is the South not the heartland of scandinavia

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Beef Turret posted:

"Amazing farmland" lol. Denmark is the South not the heartland of scandinavia

they invaded and terrorized brits so they should be on the list.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

etalian posted:

they invaded and terrorized brits so they should be on the list.

So much danegeld from the english. Bunch of bitches thought they could buy em off

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
I mean, Finns don't look as gay as Swedes so that's a plus. Did Sweden ban heterosexuality so the Muslims could have their harems in peace?

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

ultrabindu posted:

So really what I'm getting from this is that Finland and Scandinavia in general is not a place I should want to visit.

quote:

What are Finnish Men like - Dating Guys from Finland

Located in the northernmost part of the world, Finland is an amazing country, endowed with natural beauty and hard-working, no-nonsense, well-educated people. If you are looking forward to socialize with the Finns, here are a few points you can keep in mind about Finnish men.

Rather shy

The first time you come across male Finns, even in a social setting, you may feel that they are cold and reserved. However their formal behavior is more a result of shyness rather than willful reticence. You will find that they are rather uncomfortable at maintaining eye contact while speaking to you. Also Finnish people prefer keeping a certain distance to people they are talking with. Depending on the situation, Finns' personal space is from one to two meters, at the very least. So don’t be surprised if a Finnish guy doesn’t greet you with effusively – like hugging or kissing your cheeks. Indeed they stay away from physical contact even with the people they know. And the most that they will do when meeting a stranger is to shake hands. In fact in large get-togethers where a lot of people have gathered, there are usually no formal introductions – people simply nod to each other and mumble out their names or even wear a name badge to avoid the “embarrassment” of formal introductions.

Also a Finn likes to talk as little as possible. So you may find that engaging in social chit-chat with a stranger one of the most difficult experiences for a Finnish guy. While you are perfectly comfortable talking about your job, friends, country or the last vacation you took, when it is his turn to make small talk, he is likely to go all red, start sweating and after a long silence, finally come up with something unintelligible. This though is not a problem with the language - nearly every Finn can speak English, most even speak it very well, but these situations make them forget almost everything.

definitely visit finland if you are looking for a manly alpha

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

I wonder where all the shy Finns are because where I live people are pretty talkative and outgoing in general. Maybe it's the slavic influence from the east. Or maybe my mongoloid Finnish brain doesn't understand what being social is really like

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax

hard counter posted:

Thanks for the horoscope reading

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

hard counter posted:

mongols just take their women and if theres a problem then may the best man win

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Behold!

It is The Wimpiest Boy.

I'd forgotten just how insufferable most of the people on that site look like. Thanks for reminding me, I guess

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

:sterv:

hard counter
Jan 2, 2015

remember, if you're looking to get a bedroom appointment with either of those two studs you will need to tip-toe around their social anxieties, their suppressed personal miseries and their love affair with the puukko first

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The most finn World of Warcraft race is probably those murlocs.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

"ErrrrGURRRRRRggghghlglglhlgll"

Is that Finnish or murloc u can't even tell

Ork of Fiction
Jul 22, 2013

etalian posted:

The most finn World of Warcraft race is probably those murlocs.

Pictured: A Finnish man enjoying a meal.

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
finland is really cool and good

yours in christ,
sweden

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Retarded Goatee posted:

yours in christ,
sweden

Nice try bur we all know sweden is muslim now

Retarded Goatee
Feb 6, 2010
I spent :10bux: so that means I can be a cheapskate and post about posting instead of having some wit or spending any more on comedy avs for people. Which I'm also incapable of. Comedy.
i will have your head kuffar

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
mashallah brother

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
allah

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Mash faster

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
the caliphate of scandinavia has declared Finland haram

absolute haram

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer

Retarded Goatee posted:

yours in christ,
sweden

gently caress you,

gently caress you,
malmostan

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
Decapitate those who insult Ikea.

Hob_Gadling
Jul 6, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Grimey Drawer
or in swedish,

dra i handen

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

finns against racism and immigration.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

tetsuo
May 12, 2001

I am a shaman, magician
http://www.theatlantic.com/education/archive/2015/10/the-joyful-illiterate-kindergartners-of-finland/408325/?single_page=true

finland sounds like a p cool place to be a kid.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

Did they color that photo like they do with old hitler footage on the history channel?

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Estonia is basically mini-Finland.

When glorious Nordic reunification is finally upon we should allow them to tag along.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

lots of good Finnish bashing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ajtW-DrV-ps

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug