Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

HiipFire posted:

im the squeaky kid who introduces the video

I was not expecting an actual reply!

But after watching for about 10 seconds I had to stop.

Mine would be pretty similar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i am checking out 2 books that are an encyclopedia on games

NO REASON

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I played tf2 and made horrible frag movies.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

ljtrigirl posted:

I already shave every few days. It's just my legs instead of my face.

Late on this but as someone who has to do both, shaving your face is way way easier than shaving your legs. Guys, don't complain.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

Hey Rarity!

Asiina signed me up to a game without my consent, she is a monster :(

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

It's telling that something someone said was the worst thing about being a man is still worse for ladies.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

TMMadman posted:

So your testicles have dropped since then right?

yes i was 12 when i made that video so yes they have

for comparison this is my voice now
http://vocaroo.com/i/s0JGypoMr3F1

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Rarity posted:

Late on this but as someone who has to do both, shaving your face is way way easier than shaving your legs. Guys, don't complain.

im pretty sure nobody was arguing this

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Can you use nair on your face? Asking for a friend.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

HiipFire posted:

im pretty sure nobody was arguing this

is your username hiipfire because when you shave it sets fire to your hips!!

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

mr.capps posted:

is your username hiipfire because when you shave it sets fire to your hips!!

sure why not

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Age chat: I'm turning 30 in just a couple more weeks! A few months ago I was getting really freaked out about it and feeling like my opportunity for romance and love and attraction had passed me by and having a bit of a breakdown that involved making all my friends mad at me. This culminated in me going to Brighton Pride and dancing alone with a smile on my face while wanting to cry. Also, there was screaming that nobody else could hear. But since that day I've felt way more chill about it and it turns out 20 year old girls are into me and my age ain't no thing and this year I'm going to have my first real birthday party where a whole bunch of friends show up and I get to feel popular and loved and it's gonna be awesome.

...I have no idea what I'm saying here.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

But being around Let's Play is what got me to this forum even if I don't watch them or like that community at all anymore.

I tenbuxed partly because I wanted to get into one of the old John McGoon: Football Manager LPs.

Rarity posted:

I dunno if the legs are mechanically harder to do than the face, apart from knees because oh my god knees are absolute bastards, but I imagine legs are way more of a problem because cultural expectations.

What? I was in college and I was bored.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

BottleKnight posted:

Can you use nair on your face? Asking for a friend.

The amount of the stuff you need to use to get anything to happen is enough to completely melt your face off. And then it'll only take out some of the stuff. You're better off just shaving.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Allen Wren posted:

I dunno if the legs are mechanically harder to do than the face, apart from knees because oh my god knees are absolute bastards, but I imagine legs are way more of a problem because cultural expectations.

What? I was in college and I was bored.

Knees aren't too bad. Backs of the ankles are bad cause they bleed like hell at the slightest scrape. But the main problem is just time. I can shave my face in 1 minute, to do my legs I need 15.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

Age chat: I'm turning 30 in just a couple more weeks! A few months ago I was getting really freaked out about it and feeling like my opportunity for romance and love and attraction had passed me by and having a bit of a breakdown that involved making all my friends mad at me. This culminated in me going to Brighton Pride and dancing alone with a smile on my face while wanting to cry. Also, there was screaming that nobody else could hear. But since that day I've felt way more chill about it and it turns out 20 year old girls are into me and my age ain't no thing and this year I'm going to have my first real birthday party where a whole bunch of friends show up and I get to feel popular and loved and it's gonna be awesome.

...I have no idea what I'm saying here.

Good luck with your thirties. There will be a lot of times where everything repeatedly tries to tell you you're over, done with and irrelevant. This is completely wrong. Go out and do the good thing.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we have always been the walking corpses

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
if you're a 30 year old making out with 20 year olds that's kinda weird. that sounds like a good birthday though rarity I hope you have fun!! there is life after 30 don't worry.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Rarity posted:

Knees aren't too bad. Backs of the ankles are bad cause they bleed like hell at the slightest scrape. But the main problem is just time. I can shave my face in 1 minute, to do my legs I need 15.

Yeah, the time investment is bullshit. I never had an issue with the ankles, though. Ah, well. Individual experience!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Allen Wren posted:

Good luck with your thirties. There will be a lot of times where everything repeatedly tries to tell you you're over, done with and irrelevant. This is completely wrong. Go out and do the good thing.

I already spend all my time hanging out with people 5-10 years younger than me, I don't expect that to stop now

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Rarity posted:

Laser hair removal. Worth every penny.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

mr.capps posted:

we have always been the walking corpses

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5WPDPROMnCQ

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Laser hair removal. Worth every penny.

I've had quite enough of that in my life already

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
When I was a 39/40 year old dude, I've slept with a 29/30 year old woman. And earlier this year I participated and completed an Olympic distance triathlon.

This was after spending a large portion of my 30s depressed and lazy. Your 30s should be great and don't let anyone tell you different.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i will never get old

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

mr.capps posted:

i will never get old

I believe in you CAPPS!

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

My first internet community was a fish keepers forum

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Capps is there any chance you are coming back?

I hope you are okay and that things are going according to plan but I'd love for you to play in a mafia game sometime.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
HiipFire that early video is adorable :3:

Also I am in my 30s and a weird loner and I guess I am okay with that??

I don't think about it much. I'm too busy.

My 30s are shaping up to be pretty good though since I currently weigh less than I can ever remember. Maybe since I was like 14? It is crazy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Social media chat! I have a goonship, a Facebook, a Twitter, a Tumblr, an Instagram (don't use) and a Tinder

Asiina posted:

My 30s are shaping up to be pretty good though since I currently weigh less than I can ever remember. Maybe since I was like 14? It is crazy.

:unsmith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BottleKnight posted:

Capps is there any chance you are coming back?

I hope you are okay and that things are going according to plan but I'd love for you to play in a mafia game sometime.

Soon BK... Soon...

Guys they canceled King of the Nerds? What reality competition show am I suppose to apply to now??? :smith:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Asiina posted:

HiipFire that early video is adorable :3:
if by adorable you mean incredibly terrible and annoying to listen to, then yes I agree

HiipFire fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Oct 2, 2015

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Asiina posted:

For accounts that I still use on a regular basis I have this, facebook, and a support website for people who have had weight loss surgery, and that's usually just advice or questions, not just chatting. I've never been the kind of person who hangs out in multiple communities. I'll have one that I spend all my time on and that's it. If I ever disappear from here it'll be because I've gone on to something else.

If we go back through my internet timeline, the very first was a BBS that my step-father ran, which is how he met my mom actually, so that would have been around '94. Then there was the #Canada channel on irc DALnet, which was one of the default IRC servers back then. My mom and step-father used to go there too, so we were all known, but of course we only had one computer so only one person could be on there at a time. This was where I came up with my very first internet name of Athena. That lasted until probably '96-97. After that I belonged to a newsgroup for dragonball (alt.fan.dragonball, I believe?) which also had an irc channel which I would hang out in. It was here that I changed my name to Asiina because we changed IRC servers and Athena was taken, so I asked for a ~Japanese~ sounding version of Athena and someone gave me this. I was going by ^^Athena^ for a while because of that though, which is hilarious. That was a couple of years and probably lasted until around 2000. Then I was on True Meaning of Life, which was a strange little website where people would submit questions and then characters from video games would answer them. It was actually run by people who were part of SA back when it first started and then either got banned or whatever there was some drama so I think it actually started as an offshoot site for SA. I spent quite a long time there and made some good friends and I'm still friends with some of them, and one of them was the very first internet person I ever met and was my first time going to the US. We went to her brother's place in the middle of the woods where they made a huge bonfire and there was a party and I'm pretty sure I drank moonshine. It was a lot of fun. I remember being 18 at the time, so that must have been 2002. I stopped going there when I started going to Penny Arcade and posting in the anime thread there, and that was 2005 because the first big anime we all talked about was the original Fullmetal Alchemist. There were a lot of people there that I am still friends with. I think I was there for about a year or two, but the anime eventually got kicked out of PA, so we made our own offshoot forum. I spent years there, but eventually went back to PA full time because TF2 came out and I got really into TF2. We ran tournaments out of PA and had multiple servers and it was a super good time. Adus and I know each other from that time. That lasted years and years, but eventually the game got too full of community fluff and I lost interest, and I started lurking SA, but rarely posting. Then I was lurking the Survivor thread and saw an advertisement for Awful Big Brother from John Cena, and the rest is history. I maybe had 50 posts on SA before ABB. I participated in one of the PA secret santas the year of ABB, but didn't last year and won't this year since I haven't really been back there in a year.

I still have all my accounts for all of these places (that use an account system) and they are still bookmarked in my "forums" bookmark folder, but I haven't done more than casually glanced at many of them in years.

I don't know if anyone will read this wall of text, but it was fun to reminisce.

This post makes me so glad I no longer have to see anything I posted on the internet more than 18 months ago. I don't think there's anything that would make me cringe harder than seeing whatever terrible things I'd put on here back when I was in my early-mid 20s.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
Ugh, all of this talk about taking charge of one's life makes me want to go work out, but I'm so lazy.

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Meinberg posted:

Ugh, all of this talk about taking charge of one's life makes me want to go work out, but I'm so lazy.

same

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
is there a german word for angst?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I think I can no longer blame post-LARP funks for my slippage in my workout schedule. I guess I'll be back to it tonight then!

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

yes

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Birdstrike posted:

it's furcht

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

Yes, it's angst.