Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I was talking about his face!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Did they ever release why eric peterson and chris olivia got canned? It seems they are able to put out product.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Shaved Citizen.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

bres0048 posted:

Did they ever release why eric peterson and chris olivia got canned? It seems they are able to put out product.

iirc it's because it was either move to Santa Monica or be shitcanned, and Peterson didn't want to move his family.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Shaved Citizen.

Bleusilences
Jun 23, 2004

Be careful for what you wish for.

Sappo569 posted:

Wouldn't that be perfect.

The backers are already banging the war drums and calling for the true believers to invest even more money, lest these hate filled articles topple their dream

Have none of them stopped to think, if all it takes is 1 or 2 news articles to bring the whole thing down, how loving stable was it to begin with?

This is the game that went off the rail as soon as stretch goals began to be a thing.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

AP posted:

Shaved Citizen.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

AP posted:

Shaved Citizen.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Shaved Citizen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

bres0048 posted:

Didn't want to move to LA is the official story, Chris Olivia still consults a bit I think.

Rumours of drama with Wingman, but nothing firm yet apart from him getting banned for a bit from RSI probably by Disco Lando.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Justin Tyme posted:

Whenever you get mad looking at posts like these, just remember that like dickwulf these people are all abject failures in all aspects of their life. Then it just becomes sad. Like, how can you be mad at someone who spent 20k on a fake game while they are unemployed? They should be pitied.

if I was supporting someone who didn't have a job and spent all of his unemployment money on a fake game instead of using it to support himself and being frugal as gently caress with it until he's either employed or independently wealthy I'd be loving pissed, not pity them. Just because they're a sad sack doesn't give them a pass.

by the same token, getting actually angry at people over the internet that you don't and will never know is a whole 'nother thing.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

You can't make these cool promos having pubes

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
I really really want to see the rest of the info. Like, a lot.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Furious Mittens posted:

You can't make these cool promos having pubes

:eyepop: is that real?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
why is there a picture out there of sandi, apparently wearing no clothes, swaddled with a star citizen flag

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Tarranon posted:

why is there a picture out there of sandi, apparently wearing no clothes, swaddled with a star citizen flag

kickstart now my lord

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.

Tarranon posted:

Because there is no god. Look upon Christ Robert's work and despair.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Tarranon posted:

Apparently they were on her facebook at some point and then linked all over their forums.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
loving hell this just keeps getting better.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Tarranon posted:

Because sex sells.

I learned this when a CEO I worked for insisted on bikini babes for our ads selling UAV parts.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
Got a feeling there are more, but it looks like this is the original and they just 'shopped the SC flag on it. She did post them on her Facebook, so she did love the SC flag concept.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

corn in the bible posted:

actually dickwulf is a successful television producer, please watch tonight's premiere of chicago fire

yes watch chicago fire please.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

bres0048 posted:

In hindsight, it seems like a variety of factors were at play. I think Sandi was already angling to wrench control of the "Lead Face" role of CIG from Wingman a long time ago. (She expressed some retroactive disdain for the use of casual foul language by some of the austin crew in videos in an interview with batgirl i think, but come on...) But the bigger impetus was the centralization of management power in Santa Monica-- close to Hollywood, more glamorous people, career opportunities, etc. for Sandi. It gave Chris access to a bigger bench of CGI / mo-cap talent and he was no stranger to hollywood himself-- so I can see how it made sense to him, too.

Wingman was invited to go with them- but it can't have been an attractive option. I'm sure he could sense the shifting winds. I'm glad he got out and started his own thing. It would be great to see some ex-CIG folks have success on their own terms, while Star Citizen has failure on theirs.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

If you got a refund and want to chip in to a kickstarter actually worth anything, Chris Mintz, the guy who tried to block the campus shooter in Oregon, has a kickstarter for his recovery https://www.gofundme.com/s75ge9y4

support are troops

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
between this, their Rome fetish, and her accidentally singing the nazi Germany national anthem, she is starting to come as less of a crypto-fascist and more of a fascist-fascist

GOOCHY
Sep 17, 2003

In an interstellar burst I'm back to save the universe!

Furious Mittens posted:

Got a feeling there are more, but it looks like this is the original and they just 'shopped the SC flag on it. She did post them on her Facebook, so she did love the SC flag concept.

Was the Adam's Apple photoshopped out?

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

GOOCHY posted:

You know what they didn't photoshop out? Her pubes. There will be no pubes in those offices.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

GOOCHY posted:

Yeah, but the granite jawline made the cut.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer
I had all my funds pulled from Star Citizen a few weeks ago.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

BluestreakBTHR posted:

hello friend, did you join SA for the show

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

Sappo569 posted:

Is there any bank in the world that would be stupid enough to give these people MORE money?

CR you hear this? You should have done this before 2007 credit crunch, you'd be probably swimming in 900mil of credit money on your 100 million collateral right now you fool.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/view/escapist-podcast/57500-Crowdfunding-Podcast

Sources from different offices, this is well worth watching, first 20 minutes is interesting but you could skip it.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Uh you need an intro post before you're supposed to be allowed to post. Mods?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Welcome to Thunderdome.

Bluestreak is actually a chill dude who runs a radio show. I met him at PAX East and we've been laughing at CIG ever since.

Sh4
Feb 8, 2009

Warcabbit posted:

I want one of those so bad. The Bengal. No, the cat. They are pretty darn cool cats.

Also, I want to make one of those seats but I just don't have room in my apartment. I got a pipe bender...

Except mine would have a steering wheel attachment too.

A stupid guy I know bought a bengal for around 3000$ and the cat is a loving retard, drinking toilet water and vomiting, chewing wires and destroying poo poo all the time. Funnily enough that guy also spent a few hundreds in star citizen and called me a stupid bitch for daring to say that the game looked like poo poo because apparently theres no antialiasing options in that game so they throw all the high res textures and cry engine poo poo they want it still looked like a jagged pool of vomit.

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

i'm proud that i was the one who created this gif

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Bravo Goon sir, bravo.

Zmej
Nov 6, 2005

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Welcome to Thunderdome.
two refunds enter, one refund leaves

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Shala posted:

Uh you need an intro post before you're supposed to be allowed to post. Mods?

Hi.
I'm Bluestreak.

I'm an rear end in a top hat from Boston with a low tolerance for tomfoolery and shenanigans.
I run an internet radio station (https://www.beyondthehorizonradio.com) that once was built for Star Citizen players, but then smartened right the gently caress up and diversified while leaving that shitfest behind.

Tomorrow's show will be our final, final goodbye to Star Citizen. Your friend and mine, Beer4TheBeerGod will be calling in so we can review everything that we knew was going on, and laugh over the atrocities in the Escapist comments.

• Locked thread