Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
The only situation where the black grail CE seems useful is if you're going into a fight where you KNOW you will have to use your command seals/quartz to revive at some point, since everyone revives with 100% NP when you do that.

Otherwise it's just going to get you killed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Freak Futanari posted:

The only situation where the black grail CE seems useful is if you're going into a fight where you KNOW you will have to use your command seals/quartz to revive at some point, since everyone revives with 100% NP when you do that.

Even then, I'm not so sure that the extra damage from the NP is going to be more than the extra damage you'd do from your servant living several turns longer (especially when compared with the existing +40% NP damage CE).

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

Baal posted:

I recommend pissing off

I will die, fighting heroically, on the "Archer is a lovely lamer" hill

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

alcharagia posted:

I will die, fighting heroically, on the "Archer is a lovely lamer" hill

That's a pretty retarded hill

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
That's not heroic, it's actually a really dumb hill unlike the Hill of Swords which is super cool

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Whether it's a dumb hill or not has nothing to do with the heroicity of my death, Beef!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
You can't die a hero when you're clearly the bad guy

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
I can fight heroically while being the villain. It's totally possible. :colbert:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

lmao

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
They need to introduce a 40 AP daily that's like the XP one, but for ascension mats.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

I'd give it roughly 90% correctness

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

-Troika- posted:

They need to introduce a 40 AP daily that's like the XP one, but for ascension mats.
I think they are trying to keep mats as rare event rewards. They pretty much gave every other resouces in huge quantities, so it might get boring if we can get the last resource easily?

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

-Troika- posted:

I was trying to roll Saber Alter and got Sakata Kintoki instead :negative:

I'll take him if you don't want him...

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

Freak Futanari posted:

In the Nero event I was beating all the 30 AP fights by spending the first two rounds charging double Excaliburs and spending them to clear the third round in one turn. If that isn't enough damage, than a card like black grail could give you a nice boost.

It's best use is going to be when the self-inflicted damage doesn't matter and you are at no risk of dying. So against waves of inconsequential trash before needing a big punch against a boss. It probably makes for a decent CE to farm 20 and 30 AP events.

That's the only place I can see a use for it. Against content that isn't so easy you can normal attack your way through it, but not hard enough that it needs mulitple Noble Phantasms to resolve. Not completely useless, but very niche.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It suck that we can only get 98 cost at max level, so we can only put five 5-stars (cost 80) with one 5-stars CE (12] or two CE if i give one up for shielder. Now i want a CE that give me more cost. :argh:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
I hate the 98 cost limit too, but i hate it because it's so close to 100, a much better number

Speaking of better numbers, i hit master level 100 during the dango event, and earlier today i hit level 10 on my master skills, so i really hope they introduce those new master clothes with new skills soon

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

If you somehow got 5 kledscopes CE and want to build a np spam team, the CE used up 60 cost and you can only use five 3-stars for 35 cost.

Freak Futanari posted:

so i really hope they introduce those new master clothes with new skills soon
It's likely some will be available in da vinci store for quarzt and/or green gel eventually.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Ah, that blows that the max cost is so low; hopefully they expand it later. It looks like I won't be able to equip all five of my 5* guys at once unless I want to sacrifice CEs (though it's probably still worth doing so).

I also hope they go ahead and release more story chapters so I can level up Shielder more. Her 0 cost is great, but at level 40 she doesn't really hold up well enough to be useful.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

-Troika- posted:

Yo do you wanna trade?

Grausherra
Jul 15, 2007

Look into my eyes...

-Troika- posted:

Your Sakata has saved my rear end on so my occasions so far.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
Got Medusa to her third ascension :toot:

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

-Troika- posted:

Got Medusa to her third ascension :toot:

Her final outfit is so loving stupid that I kinda love it.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010

3 4* CE and 1 5* CE out of 5 tickets (last 4 CEs shown), which is not bad considering the stories I hear about people getting multiple black keys. Maybe I'll get Formalcraft for Waver one day if I still don't get any more dupes. At least getting one of many types will help me with team building and improving team compositions in the future.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

BurningDance posted:

3 4* CE and 1 5* CE out of 5 tickets (last 4 CEs shown), which is not bad considering the stories I hear about people getting multiple black keys. Maybe I'll get Formalcraft for Waver one day if I still don't get any more dupes. At least getting one of many types will help me with team building and improving team compositions in the future.

I wish I had your luck when it comes to CEs. Right now my only decent CEs are Bazette and that quick damage Sakura one. I would kill for one of the NP gauge cards at this point.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
This Fate/grand order stuff goes over my head, but I do know for certain that Ruler makes for some drat good phone wallpaper.

It appears Takeuchi just not cannot control himself when it comes to Saber.

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Sylphid posted:

This Fate/grand order stuff goes over my head, but I do know for certain that Ruler makes for some drat good phone wallpaper.

It appears Takeuchi just not cannot control himself when it comes to Saber.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
The first time I used Jeanne was an accident on one of the 30 AP Nero events. She was level 1. Not only was she my last servant standing, but I actually won that battle.

With a level 33 Artoria and a level 27 Jeanne I have been able to clear all the content and events in F/GO. Except for Orion. Jeanne didn't need dead weight Saber in that fight.

So at least from a gameplay perspective, she lives up to the marshmallowy fanservice hype.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
I've been looking but I can't seem to find a source, does anyone happen to have a source on whether Shirou can project new and original weapons if he puts his mind to it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Trihugger posted:

The first time I used Jeanne was an accident on one of the 30 AP Nero events. She was level 1. Not only was she my last servant standing, but I actually won that battle.

With a level 33 Artoria and a level 27 Jeanne I have been able to clear all the content and events in F/GO. Except for Orion. Jeanne didn't need dead weight Saber in that fight.

So at least from a gameplay perspective, she lives up to the marshmallowy fanservice hype.

While she's always pretty good (mostly due to her ability to half all non-berserker damage), she doesn't stay as amazing as she seems from level 1-30 or so. Her stat growth drops off to the point where she gains like 5 HP/ATK per level during level 30-60 or so, and other 5* servants with different growth curves will have much higher attack/hp by level 40-50 or so. Her NP and damage resistance are very useful during difficult content, but her damage is too low to be a very good option for stuff like grinding dailies.

It's a shame how even the highest difficulty ascension item daily only ever gives 1 silver or gold statue. It would be nice if it could at least give some non-statue ascension items, though I imagine it doesn't since non-statue ascension items seem to be character, rather than class, specific. Still, dropping 2 statues instead of just 1 would be nice.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

On the other hand, you can treat her as having double hp just because she half damage almost everything to last twice as long enough to make up for the damage via more turns to attack.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Ytlaya posted:

While she's always pretty good (mostly due to her ability to half all non-berserker damage), she doesn't stay as amazing as she seems from level 1-30 or so. Her stat growth drops off to the point where she gains like 5 HP/ATK per level during level 30-60 or so, and other 5* servants with different growth curves will have much higher attack/hp by level 40-50 or so. Her NP and damage resistance are very useful during difficult content, but her damage is too low to be a very good option for stuff like grinding dailies.

It's a shame how even the highest difficulty ascension item daily only ever gives 1 silver or gold statue. It would be nice if it could at least give some non-statue ascension items, though I imagine it doesn't since non-statue ascension items seem to be character, rather than class, specific. Still, dropping 2 statues instead of just 1 would be nice.

You can get more than one statue per fight, shadows drop'em occasionally.
And Jeanne's stats pick back up after her mid-level slump. The majority of servants have a slow period in their growth, whether near the beginning and end or in the middle. See this.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

Sylphid posted:

Following this trend-setter's example.

Kyte posted:

And Jeanne's stats pick back up after her mid-level slump.

Yea, at max level Jeanne has 16,500 health and 9,593 attack. She gains about 4,000 health and 2,000 attack in her last 20 levels.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
So here's a stupid newbie question: wht's the deal with the three gatchas? I know that one og them uses friend points but wht's the deal with the other two? Also, what's the best use for Quartz? Is it better used to buy inventory slots or should I wait for some event and summon with it?

Aumanor fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 6, 2015

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

The friend point gacha tops out at 3* cards. The regular Quartz gacha has 3-5* cards. The other Quartz gacha, the one with Kintoki and Saber Alter on it, has an increased chance to draw Kintoki, Saber Alter, and other "event" cards.

It's probably better to save up so you can do a 10-card draw from an event gacha you like. Most of your inventory space will get filled with 1-2* exp cards that are barely worth using on 1* servants, and 1-2* craft essences.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Schubalts posted:

Following this trend-setter's example.

:hfive: Jeanne is pretty awesome and is prime poster girl material.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

someone else posted:

…My hands are sweaty.
…I don't know what I'm doing.
My wallet's about to explode from pain, fatigue, and emptiness.
But just a bit more.
Everything will end once I roll the singles.
There's no one in my way.
There's no one getting in my way anymore.

----But.

"Haa--ah--"
The menu wavers.
In front of the crater, the Great Holy Gacha.
Bathed in the ruddy glow of quartz, is standing.

"---Kotomine Kirei."

"Yes. It seems we've both managed to survive, Emiya Shirou."
A voice filled with strong will.
As if it's fate, the man blocks my way through this desolate realm.

"-What are you doing?
There's nothing for you to roll anymore."
I don't ask him how he's alive.
He's dying.
I don't feel quartz from his body.
There's a black stain where his wallet should be.
…Like me, a short-lived whale that's hit the shore.

I don't hear his coins.
He doesn't have much longer to live.
This is not speculation, but a predication.
Kotomine Kirei will die in a few minutes, even if he doesn't buy more quartz.

"Do not ask something so obvious.
There is only one goal for me: to give birth to the 10 rolls."
"---What? You can't do that. They won't become yours."

"Of course not. I cannot intervene with this roll, and I have no intention to.
But I have told you. I will spook anything that comes to life.
This is about to be rolled. So it is only natural for me
to protect it from an enemy that tries to spoil it with singles."

"…Are you insane? What are you saying with that dying body of yours? And even if it's born like you wish, you'll only get---"

"The same goes for you. There is no sanity here. Our end will be the same, even if we accomplish our rolls.
You will roll singles, while I will protect the 10 roll.
But there is nothing to be gained, no matter whose goal is achieved. You came here knowing that.
---This is a meaningless battle. We are two madmen engaging in useless folly."

"-----------"

Kotomine will not back down.

He won't retreat, and I can't trace my rolls as long as he's here.

I need time to project.
He'll spook my rolls if I show such an opening.

"…Why? Why are you going so far to protect the 10 roll?
Even if it's done, you gain nothing but black keys. So why?"
Even on the verge of bankruptcy, why does he approve of mankind's enemy, all evils of this world?

"There is no room for questions. The Gacha is my only pleasure.
---Emiya Shirou.
Just as you feel supreme bliss in others' ascension drops and gold servants,
I feel supreme bliss in others' Black Keys."

"------"
"First of all, why deny it? It is arrogance to assume it is evil before it is rolled.
Is it not love to allow a card's life that yearns to be drawn to the world?"

"Don't bullshit me. They've spooked many people already. I can't let them out."
"Oh. Then let me ask. What is good and evil? Are you saying rolling atomic gatorade is an absolute evil?"

"That's..."

...I can't answer such a question.
Good and evil mean nothing to me.
The justice Emiya Shirou believed in disappeared the instant I decided to roll every Sakura.

"---Fair enough. There is no answer from the start. That's what the rolls are like.
There is no clear answer, and they accept a changing meta. We have no
absolute waifus or setups from the very beginning."

"Rolls have both good and evil results, and it's up to your luck to decide which is which. The
start is at zero, and there is no crime in drawing more cards. I thought I'd already told you."

"---Yeah. You said there's no crime in the card even if it's poo poo."

"Correct. Rolls become good or evil through desire sensors and luck.
A certain copypasta mentions that 10 rolls are superior to summon tickets. Why?
Because there are rolls who know of evil, but do not become evil.
It's different from summon tickets, who only know of free rolls since
they are used.
10 Rolls have evil, but can draw many good cards, so they are superior
to summon tickets, who only summon one card."

"----And at the same time.
There are moments of goodwill shown by evil cards.
There are bad stats shown on a whim by gold cards.
The contradiction. The coexistence of Good and Evil in the holy gacha that makes people roll.
Drawing cards is a crime by itself, and there are punishments because one has E luck.
Jeanne exists with the rolls, and Black Keys exist with the rolls.
Therefore---"

"---You cannot inquire about the spooked cards of one who has not yet been rolled.
There is no result that is born as spooked, that is rerolled by everyone.
There is no reason to be punished until it has rolled."

That's Kotomine's answer.
That man pardons "all the quartz rolls of this world" for that reason alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

I am in utter awe.