Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

This is our dumbass culture, folks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zijIlphbrZM

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

You just made my loving day. Jesus Christ. That is great.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Heh, apparently Fox Sports and the Diamondbacks offered the whole sorority (at that college or whatever) tickets to another game. They told them to give them to charity instead. :3:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

"Sometimes when I masturbate, I imagine myself as her, masturbating to a picture of me."

The Infinte Man is one hosed up film.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Is there too much oil puddled up on my engine? Looks like it could easily seep past the valve and smoke the fucker up (as it does). Plugged drain hole?

http://imgur.com/0RGMvgs
http://imgur.com/hXO1XjU

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Goober Peas posted:

No cel or codes is odd. It sounds like the throttle pressure solenoid, but it definitely should have thrown a code or twenty with the behavior you're describing.

How attached are you to the car? Because it's likely not worth the time and money to diagnose and fix. I had an Olds LSS that had similar behavior at 150k but it only happened on 1-2 or 2-1 shifts when hot. It threw a temporary cel when it acted up and the solenoids were the cause. They're not super easy to get to on the 3800sc but not impossible to DYI as a weekend project. I can't remember which engine you have, but that's about the extent of my knowledge unfortunately :(

Mine is a 3800 Series 3. Unfortunately I'm pretty attached to the car. I've had it since almost new and I just really, really love my car. I realize now it's probably gonna need some serious attention. I don't have the resources or knowledge to dig any further in than changing the fluid and filter. Gonna turn it over to the shop as soon as i can scratch together some money. I'm casually looking at used Subaru and Volvo wagons for a replacement if the poor thing is totally hosed.

I took a little 5 minute video on the way home from the mall just now. It might not be super obvious what the problem is if you're not familiar with how it usually drives. At the very least you can marvel at my heavy breathing and some dick in a Mercedes that drifts into my lane.

https://youtu.be/Kpn09Fh51jI

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~
Is it a terrible idea to just sell my perfectly fine modern 2007 honda and buy like 3 barely running late 90s hondas and just lego the gently caress out of everything for the rest of my life? Its what I wanted to do in high school and never had a chance, so its a little itch inside me, begging me to build sweet B18C's with ebay turbos and poo poo

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

PaintVagrant posted:

Is it a terrible idea to just sell my perfectly fine modern 2007 honda and buy like 3 barely running late 90s hondas and just lego the gently caress out of everything for the rest of my life? Its what I wanted to do in high school and never had a chance, so its a little itch inside me, begging me to build sweet B18C's with ebay turbos and poo poo

Sensible answer - keep the 2007 Honda and also buy the project cars. Having fun project cars is awesome, but having a boring car that still works when all your projects are broken or in pieces is even more awesome..

Surely the 2007 isnt worth that much anyway now that it is 8 years old?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Tomarse posted:

Sensible answer - keep the 2007 Honda and also buy the project cars. Having fun project cars is awesome, but having a boring car that still works when all your projects are broken or in pieces is even more awesome..

You'd be surprised to see what a 10 year old honda is worth.

possibly even sickened.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
SECURE YOUR GODDAMN LOADS

Just came very close to loving dying/getting killed. Some shitheel took a truck on the interstate loaded with garbage bags full of bottles and cans.

About an eighth mile ahead of me, a bag came loose. It flew into the air, where it was immediately struck by another bro dozer.

I got pelted with who knows how many loving bottles, I felt at least two go into my front wheel, cars started dodging the poo poo so then I was dodging trash AND cars.

gently caress people.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Boy this thread is all over the place today.

Just another Internet stranger saying sorry for your loss Rhyno. I hope you and your stepbrother are doing a little better today.

Congrats Mustard Facial on your wife being pregnant!

Tomarse posted:

Do this.

Powershift posted:

possibly even sickened.

This too. I think I've seen 10 year old Corolla/Camry/Civic/Accords listed at $10k. You want to see something more baffling? Look up the price for a 15 year Corolla/Camry/Civic/Accord. A coworker of mine spent ~$6k for an '03 Accord coupe and got into an accident that did ~$3k damage to it. Insurance still didn't total the car. :psyduck:

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

Once on the interstate on a bike a truck in front of me lost a mattress and I poo poo my pants. Another time in Japan I was late night Tokyo Drifting in my (four door) Skyline, came around a sharp turn at high speed to find a refrigerator box in the middle of the road. I hit it head on and poo poo my pants as it caved in, lucking out that it was empty :v:

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

iwentdoodie posted:

Just came very close to loving dying/getting killed. Some shitheel took a truck on the interstate loaded with garbage bags full of bottles and cans.

About an eighth mile ahead of me, a bag came loose. It flew into the air, where it was immediately struck by another bro dozer.

I got pelted with who knows how many loving bottles, I felt at least two go into my front wheel, cars started dodging the poo poo so then I was dodging trash AND cars.

gently caress people.

At the landfill here, they turn you away if your load isn't covered, on busy days they have cops sitting right at the dump checking unsecured loads and insurance/rego.

The one time i talked to the cop, he said on a busy saturday, they'll write about 50 unsecured load tickets, and 5 no insurance/rego combos.

unsecured load is a $250 ticket, no insurance and rego is over $3000 plus a tow.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Man gently caress cancer.

We find out monday if the not father in law's treatment is having any efect.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Once on the interstate on a bike a truck in front of me lost a mattress and I poo poo my pants. Another time in Japan I was late night Tokyo Drifting in my (four door) Skyline, came around a sharp turn at high speed to find a refrigerator box in the middle of the road. I hit it head on and poo poo my pants as it caved in, lucking out that it was empty :v:

Guy at work about three months ago got hit by a porta shitter. He was ONE TURN away from the turn in for our compound, and the truck in front didn't have the load secured. It fell, he dodged, it bounced, and boom. Hit by a god drat porta shitter, because the contractor thought "the weight would keep it on"

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

This is a professionally rebuilt tranny I had installed by a good shop about a year and a half and around 55k miles ago. Of course the warranty was good for 2 years.

So... why can't you just invoke the warranty?

Tomarse posted:

Another landrover mate thinks it will be UNC, being that its into an aluminium head. Which should I buy?. Stupid rover being too tight to retool things to metric. This hole is within 10cm of an injector rail fixing which is M6

On domestic stuff, when in doubt it's always 3/8-16. I guess I haven't owned an Olds before, though. Also, not sure what LR has changed over the years. But I'd definitely grab a 3/8-16 out of the spare bolts jar before I tried anything else.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Putting a fence up has been pathetically slow going, didn't manage to get started until lunch then had a chat with the builder (still working on the other 2 houses) and wife and decided to do everything 2 feet lower so it doesn't look like a military compound, so basically got 2 panels and posts in today. I hope to get the other three in tomorrow, that leaves making gates to match the openings next week but I'm doing it after the 175 nuts bolts and washers I ordered turn up so I can turn a huge pile of timber into racking and have space to work in the garage.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

PaintVagrant posted:

No, do it

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

Powershift posted:

possibly even sickened.

My 04 accord is worth about 8k, my 07 civic si is prob worth about 7k. Accord is paid off, owe about 6k on civic.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

I mean, I just total up what it would cost me to get my si where I want it, new suspension, intake, headerback, comptech supercharger, flashpro for tuning, and I realize I could probably purchase an entire fleet of civic shells and build a budget time attack or DOOGLE CAR with the plethora of super cheap parts available. It might literally be cheaper than buying legos

InitialDave
Jun 14, 2007

I Want To Believe.
The Martian is really, really good, pretty much a straight lift from the book. Go see it.

warcake
Apr 10, 2010

InitialDave posted:

The Martian is really, really good, pretty much a straight lift from the book. Go see it.

hyped for this, going to see it tomorrow!

MustardFacial
Jun 20, 2011
George Russel's
Official Something Awful Account
Lifelong Tory Voter
I had the idea for a laser razor when I was 9. I'm so glad someone smarter than me had the same idea. I am loving buying one of these as soon as I can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Anyone know of any good car related podcasts?

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

mariooncrack posted:

Anyone know of any good car related podcasts?

Car Talk.

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Holy gently caress.

I decided to finally get around to cleaning my air handler today, and holy poo poo did I let that go for too long. The evap coil was like 80% clogged with dust and dog hair and poo poo.
Cleaned that out with water and went a second round with coil cleaner. Got it all clean now though, and it's made such a huge difference so far.

The whole house gets cooled so much faster now, and it actually keeps the upstairs rooms cool now too.
Remember kids, change your filters every month. And get good filters, the pleated kind. None of this fiberglass bullshit. Or the "Washable" kind.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

MustardFacial posted:

I had the idea for a laser razor when I was 9. I'm so glad someone smarter than me had the same idea. I am loving buying one of these as soon as I can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/skarp/the-skarp-laser-razor-21st-century-shaving

Would definitely buy one

Motronic
Nov 6, 2009

ExplodingSims posted:

Holy gently caress.

I decided to finally get around to cleaning my air handler today, and holy poo poo did I let that go for too long. The evap coil was like 80% clogged with dust and dog hair and poo poo.
Cleaned that out with water and went a second round with coil cleaner. Got it all clean now though, and it's made such a huge difference so far.

The whole house gets cooled so much faster now, and it actually keeps the upstairs rooms cool now too.
Remember kids, change your filters every month. And get good filters, the pleated kind. None of this fiberglass bullshit. Or the "Washable" kind.

Annual maintenance is for suckers!

(says every idiot homeowner ever)

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Motronic posted:

Annual maintenance is for suckers!

(says every idiot homeowner ever)

Like any good homeowner, I blame the PO. He had two long hair dogs and ran a washable filter for like 10 years. :captainpop:

And if you think homeoners are bad about this, you should see what some business run. Being in the commercial side of HVAC you see some poo poo. :stare:

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

You'll be sorry you made fun of me when Daddy Donald jails all my posting enemies!

leica posted:

Baseball hitting one of them in the face would have been perfect. Oh well.

Grumbletron 4000
Nov 30, 2002

Where you want it, bitch.
College Slice

Raluek posted:

So... why can't you just invoke the warranty?

I meant to say 2 and 1/2 years. My mistake. It's definitely out of warranty.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

ExplodingSims posted:

And if you think homeoners are bad about this, you should see what some business run. Being in the commercial side of HVAC you see some poo poo. :stare:

We don't run air filters at work.

... in a restaurant... with fryers.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Went to a private poker game last night with a bunch of managers and directors from my office, and was out of the house all day today, do drat there were a bunch of posts to catch up on.

Rhyno - You don't know me, but I'm sorry for your loss. I agree, gently caress cancer, it's terrible.

Mustard Facial - Congratulations on your family expansion in 9 months.

----------------

Today was my first day of sailing class. It was awesome, and holy poo poo I'm tired. Who knew how much work sailing a small boat in a small lake was? Not me, that's for sure.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Oh Jesus.

"AP analysis: Dozens of deaths likely from VW pollution dodge"

http://news.yahoo.com/ap-analysis-d...DFfMQRzZWMDc2M-

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

some texas redneck posted:

We don't run air filters at work.

... in a restaurant... with fryers.

RIP Work AC unit.

Checkers likes to put their hood exhaust vents next to their RTUs. So here's an approximation of what the inside of your AC looks like:

Deeters
Aug 21, 2007

The Locator posted:

Today was my first day of sailing class. It was awesome, and holy poo poo I'm tired. Who knew how much work sailing a small boat in a small lake was? Not me, that's for sure.

I took a sailing class last summer (and never went again :v:). Those little boats are just a shitload of fun. There's something magical about zipping along without any noise but wind and waves.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
gently caress all previous owners.

Edit: don't handle purple primer with open cuts folks. It hurts to holy hell.

BrokenKnucklez fucked around with this message at 02:46 on Oct 4, 2015

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

MustardFacial posted:

The wife is pregnant.

Congrats man! We just had our first six weeks ago. He blew out his diaper twice today.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

angryhampster posted:

Congrats man! We just had our first six weeks ago. He blew out his diaper twice today.

Pro-tips that we wished would have been shared with us re: diapers. The occasional blow out will happen. Twice in a row and it's time to move up in size. After putting the diaper on, sit the baby up and give them a wedgie; blowouts were reduced by 90% with this practice.

Worst was when we were at my Inlaws for the weekend and my daughter managed to grow just enough that the last day she blew through all her clothes and got home just in time. Had to wash the car seat though.

• Locked thread