Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Discendo Vox posted:

Yeah, that would require completely remaking all of the maps, and redoing how pathing works in the game from a really primitive level.

Sounds like it's a lot of work to make stealth decent so

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE
It's still stealth if there's nobody alive to call it in, after all.

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

John Dyne posted:

What's wrong with putting it in the truck? It's central to all three docks and easily defensible

I mean, other option is tossing it in the office, and every run I've done of Watchdogs with goons has them tossing it in the truck, so I don't see why it's :psyduck:.

You have to be in the back of the truck to start unloading it, but the cops can just grab bags through the side. It's less defensible than the catwalk inside the warehouse and takes longer to move the bags to the boat 2/3rds the time. I'm pretty sure it became popular because you used to be able to grab bags through obstructions (see also: watchdogs day 1 where throwing them to the front left of the box truck was the elite strategy), but that's no longer the case

Literal Nazi Furry
Jan 27, 2008

Swastika - Helvetica - Ikea
Last night I dreamt of Adolf searching for Anne.
I lay on my back
standing alone in the corner watching the girls dance.

I'm on crystal meth.
I piss in my pants.

John Dyne posted:

What's wrong with putting it in the truck? It's central to all three docks and easily defensible

I mean, other option is tossing it in the office, and every run I've done of Watchdogs with goons has them tossing it in the truck, so I don't see why it's :psyduck:.

throwing the bags behind the cargo container at the far back of dock 9 (the one to the right of the warehouse) is the best imo. gives you nothing but long sight lines to kill the cops as long as a cargo container doesn't spawn at dock 9. even if it does, it's not a strong threat.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Let the cops have the bags so you fight your way to and from them every cycle, that's the fun way.

clockworkjoe
May 31, 2000

Rolled a 1 on the random encounter table, didn't you?

isndl posted:

It's still stealth if there's nobody alive to call it in, after all.

I'd love a stealth level filled with gangsters or cops instead of guards you have to page. That way you have to kill like a dozen people and remain in stealth. Like big Oil day 1, but larger and more spaced out. That would be fun.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

clockworkjoe posted:

I'd love a stealth level filled with gangsters or cops instead of guards you have to page. That way you have to kill like a dozen people and remain in stealth. Like big Oil day 1, but larger and more spaced out. That would be fun.

That would be called Firestarter Day 1.

isndl
May 2, 2012
I WON A CONTEST IN TG AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS CUSTOM TITLE

clockworkjoe posted:

There's Nightclub, but it's super easy to cheese it thanks to ECMs as a result (unless you got Titan cams).

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I tried to find that lobby info mod that shows you what skill and perk deck people have but all the links were broken. Does anyone have a download for it anywhere.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
And there went the three trillion challenge. Probably take a few hours for the cooking one and then focus on killing rats with bats. And no, Vox, even if he doesn't count, the rat of Revenge deserves death by stick.

Wilko
Dec 3, 2013

:toot:

Shima Honnou posted:

Hey Wilko, have you updated the weapon customization stuff for the newer weapons? I can't find a newer version of it that lets me customize anything from at least the ninja pack onwards.

Just updated them today. So the Yakuza and Chivalry pack stuff should be able to be customized now. Either update in game or grab the latest from here. I meant to do them last week, but I had to work on some stuff and the asset extraction makes the drive that Payday's on unusable for an hour.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I tried to find that lobby info mod that shows you what skill and perk deck people have but all the links were broken. Does anyone have a download for it anywhere.
http://forums.lastbullet.net/mydownloads.php?action=view_down&did=13440

Laputanmachine
Oct 31, 2010

by Smythe

Discendo Vox posted:

Iirc the guests alert as soon as you mask up, regardless of their positions. It's been awhile, though.

I wanted to call bullshit on that so I installed the game for the first time in years. Mask up in basement with no one around, all civs freak out. I could have sworn it wasn't like that. Also in that heist we have a drill that's slower but "this new model never jams".

WE HAD THE TECHNOLOGY, WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
:spergin:
The problem with the drills is that they're basically a copy of a magnetic onsite drill made out of crap from Harbor Freight so that they can't be traced. The blue tank is likely for some kind of simple CO2 or nitrogen cooling that doesn't provide lubrication. Lets say a cutting speed of 50 for high carbon/stainless alloy, so the ideal speed for the drill would be around 400-200 RPM with a .5 to 1 inch drill bit. Feed would be something like 4 inches per minute with a standard 2 flute high-speed steel bit, though it's probably lower in practice since power drills run at around 1000RPM and the feed must be lowered accordingly. Since it has no lubrication, what's probably just has a basic motor driving the drill straight forwards without a retract cycle, and since power drills operate at much higher speeds than drills for cutting metal, jamming is to be expected.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKKum1wYDT4

The thermal drill is basically the same thing but for a thermal lance. A section of gas blackpipe is heated up with a oxyacetylene torch, oxygen is then blasted through the pipe (like a rocket engine) and the drill drives the lance into the vault door at a set speed until it burns through. The pipe is consumed relatively quickly so I'd imagine that for a bank vault you'd need multiple sections of pipe.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JI5whCBV0bk

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Yeah whatever but none of this tells us who sold us this drill (the cops!?)

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Chains says "Fire our drill builder", so it's probably some guy working for Bain.

Skunkrocker
Jan 14, 2012

Your favorite furry wrestler.

C.M. Kruger posted:

Chains says "Fire our drill builder", so it's probably some guy working for Bain.

Yeah, it's Houston. Duh. Hoxton blames him for everything, that's good enough for me.

C4 doesn't go off properly? Houston's fault.
Not being prepared for heist? Houston's fault.
Drill is stuck again? Houston's fault.

loving twat.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

This was a excellent post

Tempest_56
Mar 14, 2009

Crabtree posted:

And there went the three trillion challenge. Probably take a few hours for the cooking one and then focus on killing rats with bats. And no, Vox, even if he doesn't count, the rat of Revenge deserves death by stick.

You say that as if the correct way to kill the rat isn't with gratuitous amounts of flame. :colbert:

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

gently caress YOU!

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Again, not vintage; expired.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

watho posted:

gently caress YOU!

OVERKILL DOES IT AGAIN

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Dr Cheeto posted:

OVERKILL DOES IT AGAIN

Not really a shock, if they did one dumb loving mask, they probably ran out of ideas, so you might as well complete the set.

EDIT:

Searching reddit for hilarious poo poo to copy paste here about how funny these masks are, apparently PD1 had those masks as well. Who the gently caress was asking for these?

I am hella PEEVED fucked around with this message at 15:01 on Oct 4, 2015

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

The people.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tempest_56 posted:

You say that as if the correct way to kill the rat isn't with gratuitous amounts of flame. :colbert:

For the Rat or regular Gangsters? Because I found out that you-know-who burns pretty loving quickly to a flame thrower.

Also wow, I guess two more rewards are just going to be this because uh something had to be given for twittering -- or in this case being unable to even do that civilly.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I just realized that the RAT milestone's name is a reference to the Commisar's "I'LL KILL YOU A HUNDRED DIFFERENT WAYS!"

Also, i guess all tier three rewards will be meme masks? I think we could afford to miss those, now that we have the only one "worth" using.

grancheater
May 1, 2013

Wine'em, dine'em, 69'em

BillmasterCozb posted:

Also, i guess all tier three rewards will be meme masks? I think we could afford to miss those, now that we have the only one "worth" using.

The other one was Tier 2.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Natalya Fartz posted:

Not really a shock, if they did one dumb loving mask, they probably ran out of ideas, so you might as well complete the set.

EDIT:

Searching reddit for hilarious poo poo to copy paste here about how funny these masks are, apparently PD1 had those masks as well. Who the gently caress was asking for these?

I'm sorry you guys ain't dank enough for these vintage memes, me I love em

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Basticle posted:

I'm sorry you guys ain't dank enough for these vintage memes, me I love em

:tem: Don't get me wrong, I love these dumb loving masks, but it's weird to make them separate challenge awards.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Hope you weren't planning on having too much fun.

Complete 50,000 heists that have a vault.
Complete 30,000 Framing Frames.
Get 30,000 players online at once.
Kill 4,000,000 tasers.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

I'd pay money for a dickbutt or shiba mask

Geight
Aug 7, 2010

Oh, All-Knowing One, behold me!
I'd pay money for a dickbutt mask but only if some of that money went to KC Green.

Also getting 30,000 players online at once seems like it will actually be tough.

watho
Aug 2, 2013

The real world will, again tomorrow, function and run without me.

Does Framing Frame count as a heist with a vault or is it just missions you need the( guys, the) thermal drill(, go get it) on?

watho fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 4, 2015

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Geight posted:

I'd pay money for a dickbutt mask but only if some of that money went to KC Green.

Also getting 30,000 players online at once seems like it will actually be tough.

Yeah, how exactly do they expect 2014 kinds of numbers when even people here want to stop road to crimefesting because 4 rewards are troll masks?

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
someone pulled gun mod files in a past patch that might indicate the facehugger thing is actually a pulse rifle.

watho posted:

Does Framing Frame count as a heist with a vault or is it just missions you need the( guys, the) thermal drill(, go get it) on?

Word of code readers is the following count as vault heists:

H&T banks, FS day 3, BB, ED day 2 (loud), FF day 3, Bomb: Forest, Meltdown, AT: Train, SR, GO Bank, HM day 2, GGC, HR and Alesso.

What this means is it's probably best to alternate Hoxvenge and FF. The challenge increments on heist or day completion.

Crabtree posted:

Yeah, how exactly do they expect 2014 kinds of numbers when even people here want to stop road to crimefesting because 4 rewards are troll masks?

Sounds like my challenge ideas were better! :colbert:

folks are trying to goose the online numbers by leaving their copy of payday 2 on.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 17:11 on Oct 4, 2015

Siivola
Dec 23, 2012

Discendo Vox posted:

someone pulled gun mod files in a past patch that might indicate the facehugger thing is actually a pulse rifle.
And we all know what the pulse rifle really is, right?

Body mods for the Thompson! :dance: gently caress all y'all Tommy-haters!

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Siivola posted:

And we all know what the pulse rifle really is, right?

Body mods for the Thompson! :dance: gently caress all y'all Tommy-haters!

Real talk I do want the M1A1 foregrip and some stick mags.

maswastaken
Nov 12, 2011

Discendo Vox posted:

H&T banks, FS day 3, BB, ED day 2 (loud), FF day 3, Bomb: Forest, Meltdown, AT: Train, SR, GO Bank, HM day 2, GGC, HR and Alesso.
Looks like they've thought of everything this time. Still, Hoxton Revenge?

quote:

folks are trying to goose the online numbers by leaving their copy of payday 2 on.
You say that like there's a more practical alternative.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

maswastaken posted:

Use SAM to make Steam think that PD2 has been launched? :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

maswastaken posted:

Looks like they've thought of everything this time. Still, Hoxton Revenge?
I'm not complaining- we need it to unlock another freaking meme mask, after all.

maswastaken posted:

I suspect that the challenge may require active connection to an online game. Asking about this now.

• Locked thread