Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

I said come in! posted:

To be fair, violence against Derek Smart is kinda justified. Even if you agree with him there's still a case to be made.

IMO if Derek Smart ends up being the man who kills Star Citizen, his past behavior is excused

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Vroom-vroom, I'm piloting my ship. Mister Spock, please say your catchphrase. Thank you. Mister, uhm, Sam, can you hear me? drat it, I'll call skype, it looks like Sam is out.

Sam? Yeah, I know. No it's fine, just restart the game.

What does it say?

Uhm...

Did you update your drivers?

Okay, share your screen.

It's under Conversation. No, you need to press Alt. Yes.

I can't see it.

It's loading.

Right.

Go to Settings.

No, I mean your video settings.

Weird, it shouldn't crash.

Okay, never mind, just sign in from your laptop.

Okay, we'll wait.

I'll redial, guys.

Hello?

Hello?

Yeah, let me just relogin real quick.

Does everyone has this lag? I think I'm lagging.

Woah, didn't see that asteroid coming, sorry. It's all lag.

Okay, guys, it was fun, but I've got to go. Mister Sulu, assume command.

Ah, okay. It wasn't important. See you in the 'verse.

Kinetica
Aug 16, 2011

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

:golfclap:

This needs to be in the OP

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Cubey posted:

IMO if Derek Smart ends up being the man who kills Star Citizen, his past behavior is excused

:agreed:

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Octopode posted:

Here's a fun exercise: instead of trying to insult me, show me some expert opinion on why accusing someone of breaking the law would not meet the standards of California's libel per se definition. That way, instead of sitting here arguing like babies, we might both learn something! I've already submitted my basis for the legal argument in the form of the ABA article, which even has several relevant cases for perusal.
You just linked the ABA article and quoted the vague definition of defamation. That's not a legal argument, it's listing a definition. That the article mentions cases to show how the court system operates doesn't mean anything for your argument. You have to actually rationalise how they are relevant as part of your argument and incorporate them into a reasoned discussion. Now next time you make your "Here's how CIG are bulletproof in court" post base it on this source and actually make a case that doesn't make you look wilfully ignorant.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Another serious question. Why does Sandi speak with an American accent?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Octopode posted:

Here's a fun exercise: instead of trying to insult me, show me some expert opinion on why accusing someone of breaking the law would not meet the standards of California's libel per se definition. That way, instead of sitting here arguing like babies, we might both learn something! I've already submitted my basis for the legal argument in the form of the ABA article, which even has several relevant cases for perusal.

I'm assuming we are talking about the Escapist article? I'm honestly not able to keep up with this thread. Nothing about the Escapist article broke any sort of laws. You can't sue a journalist because they said something you don't like.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

:chanpop::chanpop::chanpop:

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I hope everyone's seen this by now but in the off chance someone hasn't. This is star citizen, a $90 million project by chris roberts and cloud imperium games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE

Star citizen is a scam. They are not capable of delivering on half of the loving bullshit they promised. If you bought a jpeg, I feel sorry for you but at least you can still save yourself and try to get a refund. If you bought a jpeg and are going to sit on it in the hopes that this laughable scam is ever going to exist as promised, you are a dumbass.

lol that video

"it was working 12 hours ago i swear"

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Octopode posted:

No part of their legal threat touched on the financial claims, presumably whatever suit they filed would not name those as defamatory claims, and as such, there would be no reason that their financial information would be included in discovery.

lol gently caress off you have zero idea what you're talking about. how are they going to prove damages if they say nuh-uh you can't see our books. but trust us, we lost a bunch of money!

And if you think a courtroom is gonna be a freindly location for a company with alleged mis-management and $90 million in undelivered promised, you're insane.

CIG is gonna file as suit against the escapist about as much as Derek Smart was ever gonna file suit against lowtax.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I hope everyone's seen this by now but in the off chance someone hasn't. This is star citizen, a $90 million project by chris roberts and cloud imperium games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CXJZbPI5nKE

Star citizen is a scam. They are not capable of delivering on half of the loving bullshit they promised. If you bought a jpeg, I feel sorry for you but at least you can still save yourself and try to get a refund. If you bought a jpeg and are going to sit on it in the hopes that this laughable scam is ever going to exist as promised, you are a dumbass.

I actually haven't seen this video, this is amazing.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Klyith posted:

lol gently caress off you have zero idea what you're talking about. how are they going to prove damages if they say nuh-uh you can't see our books. but trust us, we lost a bunch of money!

And if you think a courtroom is gonna be a freindly location for a company with alleged mis-management and $90 million in undelivered promised, you're insane.

CIG is gonna file as suit against the escapist about as much as Derek Smart was ever gonna file suit against lowtax.

Don't worry, we already had this conversation without you here.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Octopode posted:

We are still having it. And you still have no idea what you're talking about.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Wafflz posted:

should rename it to Go Down with the (space)Ship

I've changed a few things about it. This time I'm experimenting with no-chill brewing, where you dump the hot wort directly into a temperature-safe container and let it cool naturally. It saves a lot of water and time, and really fits in with my desire to be as lazy as possible. I'm naming this iteration "Angry Angel Ale" in honor of my daughter who screamed uncontrollably whenever I left her in the outdoor play yard so I could attend to the brew.

Chocobo posted:

Remember the time Chris Roberts got a standing ovation for picking up a helmet?

Then the game crashed and he had to pick up the helmet again and got another standing ovation for it.

Then the game crashed again and he had to pick up the helmet yet again and he got yet another standing ovation for it.

Then the game crashed again...

I was there. You have to remember that this was the first time we were seeing the flight model, and this was also the first public event for Star Citizen. We were so hopeful and optimistic back then.

Also more than one person bought me beer simply because of who I was, and people freaked out that we had FLJK polos on. Also Bootcha got us to meet Erin Roberts and Eric Peterson; it was incredible.

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
this is bullshit

Pimblor
Sep 13, 2003
bob
Grimey Drawer

Soothing Vapors posted:

every single time I think this thread can't get better I'm wrong

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Doughboy

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Cubey posted:

Pretty much.

And when the great beast is slain and he turns to us enthusiastically and says: "Hey, now that that's done, about Line of Defense..." It'll be twice as sweet to surprise him and do a 180 from great worship to the same sort of bile he used to slay the beast.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Paladinus posted:

Another serious question. Why does Sandi speak with an American accent?
Click here to hear her before the transformation. (You'll have to click the video on that page to open- no direct link...)

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

Octopode posted:

quote me something you've said about star citizen in the last two years that's been proven correct

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

900$! Wow, that's cheap! Sign me up for three!

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

Boy, I can't wait until they do a grand release of several modules at once next week at the con. It is going to be pretty amazing and everyone here is going to feel pretty dumb.

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

Bootcha posted:

I HAVE BEEN INFUSED WITH GREAT PURPOSE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

Pro click right here

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Klyith posted:

quote me something you've said about star citizen in the last two years that's been proven correct

I'm sorry that reality doesn't fall neatly into the personal narrative you've constructed where all people who choose to spend money on a game of their choosing suffer from some mental disorder that you get to play the hero and save them from. The reality is that people see something in the game that excites them, and they are willing to spend money because of that.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Ravane posted:

900$! Wow, that's cheap! Sign me up for three!

It's fun to bring up that this isn't a combat ship or anything, it's fulfills a buffer, respawner or healer role in the game. So, you're spending $900 dollars on something that needs other people to get a real benefit off of.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Grinning Goblin posted:

Boy, I can't wait until they do a grand release of several modules at once next week at the con. It is going to be pretty amazing and everyone here is going to feel pretty dumb.

I hope they rush out modules and they're a bunch of buggy, broken pieces of poo poo that only intensify the demands to see where the money has gone.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
The Phantom Pain has cut more content than Star Citizen has released.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

Octopode posted:

My plan is to stalk every poster in this thread, and poo poo up any threads they might be posting in with inane, quasi-related drivel, of course.

Please feel free to post in GiP

(notatrap)

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Grinning Goblin posted:

Ok. Its time to start talking your game. Give some odds that 3 or more modules will be released at the con. I'll go 1 plat account upgrade, double or nothing we will see less than 4 "modules" released by year end and nothing disclosed at the con will be functional or in the game by December 1st. Want to take the other side Grinning Goblin? Octopode?

If you guys have such big wallets, why not start a betting pool. Put some skin in the game for all these shitposts.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

G0RF posted:

Click here to hear her before the transformation. (You'll have to click the video on that page to open- no direct link...)

It doesn't answer my question. You can hear her Australian accent pop-up from time to time anyway, so I was interested to know why she decided to speak with an Americant accent. Croberts is not trying to hide his natural and sometimes incomprehensible mixed accent, so what's her rationale?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
I've been wondering what will fill the vacuum after Star Citizen goes boom. I guess new Star Wars movies are coming so people can at least throw their money at plastic ship models instead of jpegs.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I've been wondering what will fill the vacuum after Star Citizen goes boom. I guess new Star Wars movies are coming so people can at least throw their money at plastic ship models instead of jpegs.

Nothing can fill the void of Star Citizen.

See you in the 'Verse.

madcow
Mar 20, 2006

Zeike posted:

Smart is taking on all comers

This was a pretty entertaining read. For those of you getting tired of traveling in circles, go watch Derek Smart get poo poo on:

https://twitter.com/TheKevinDent

Edit: Boo, apparently DS deleted his tweets, guess he knows he got rekt.

Here is some of what you missed: http://imgur.com/Yg9id3Q

madcow fucked around with this message at 03:50 on Oct 5, 2015

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015
Hey guys. It's Vanessa from Information Redux you all led me back here. That and those videos.

You obviously know what I think about this poo poo fest.

We've done this site for a month. poo poo is getting real real right now.

Anyways, I'm here for it.

Hal_2005
Feb 23, 2007

Yeah, he is correct in a way. The difference between a kickstarter and equity/debt is nobody ever asked to monitor or have a say in their investment. People gave up all control and recourse to RSI. The problem arises when that trust was taken advantage of, should someone conclude the people (autistic space whales) lacked the knowledge to understand how they were being scammed or the Federal authorities suspect with reasonable certainty a fraud is going down, even among "sophisticated investors".

In those 3 instances, most normal companies will disclose their financials ahead of a warrant or wells notice. Private, Public-Private or mom's basement Bermuda LP inclusive.

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

VenusRedux posted:

Hey guys. It's Vanessa from Information Redux you all led me back here. That and those videos.

welcome, might i also interest you in the eve guild m'lady

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

VenusRedux posted:

Hey, your article on Roberts rhetoric was cool and good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

Exmond posted:

welcome, might i also interest you in the eve guild m'lady

Haven't played eve in a bit but you have caught my interest.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Hey, your article on Roberts rhetoric was cool and good.

Thank you. I had a laugh, then got drunk after.

• Locked thread