Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Phoon posted:

dixit, catan, resistance, space alert, game of thrones, mars attacks, diplomacy

Twilight Struggle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Fingerless Gloves posted:

So when I move out I want a big bunch of board games, so far I'm thinking Eldritch Horror and Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Any more recommendations

Also was atmosfear always £70 because fuuuck

Ive got three editions of atmosfear on vhs in my attic

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

So when I move out I want a big bunch of board games, so far I'm thinking Eldritch Horror and Betrayal at the House on the Hill. Any more recommendations

Also was atmosfear always £70 because fuuuck

betrayal at house on the hill is a bit poo poo imo. if you want a good game with traitor stuff get battlestar galactica (really needs 5 players).
chaos in the old world is also really good but you need exactly 4 players.

if you can get a regular group going then imperial assault / descent 2nd ed. are great.

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Robo Rally

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Getting loving double dunted by the student loans bastards this month as somewhere between them and Network Rail they've forgotten to put the stop order on my account.

After ringing the SLC 4 times and NR payroll twice, it's all sorted but I'm still gonna probably end up over paying as I only owe about £210.

Thankfully the youth of today will never have to undergo this ordeal cos they'll never pay the fucker off lol

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

necromunda, also space hulk

Aston
Nov 19, 2007

Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay
Okay

Phoon posted:

space alert

This one, also Keyflower, Pictomania, Codenames and Agricola.

What kind of games do you have already that you like?

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

oh yeah, get galaxy trucker

Fingerless Gloves
May 21, 2011

... aaand also go away and don't come back
I don't have many, just monopoly, Zombies!!! and base Munchkin which I've never played because I hate having people over sat in my bedroom on the floor with boardgames.

I will look all these up tonight, they have such good names.

I was also looking at Paranoia a little while back, but seems it's gone out of print or is stupid expensive

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

I don't have many, just monopoly, Zombies!!! and base Munchkin which I've never played because I hate having people over sat in my bedroom on the floor with boardgames.

good news you have the three worst games so it's all uphill from here!

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its loving grim outside

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I was also looking at Paranoia a little while back, but seems it's gone out of print or is stupid expensive
it relaunched as paranoia xp (windows joke) and has a few simplifications that lead to much quicker and better games

its great but you have to be very careful about who you play with, especially who is playing the computer. if theyre too lenient or they dont spot players mistakes (mentioning things above their clearance, implying the computer is imperfect, not keeping track of everyones secret objectives) then its no fun. if they are too harsh then its not fun either, the balance is pretty fine and requires a healthy sense of humour. good paranoia dms are like golddust.

its by far the easiest game to lose friends over

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Monopoly on the iPad is surprisingly awesome and risk is ok on it as well. No cheating in monopoly but you can set your own rules and there is a option to finish now which will auto calculate who got owned with no bitching or blatant shenanigans from the clear loser.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

amazon has it for 25 quid

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/1904854265/

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
*cough*NEEEERDDDDDSSSSS*cough*

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

Quote-Unquote posted:

good news you have the three worst games so it's all uphill from here!

haha if someone asked me what the worst board games were thats actually what i would pick

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

The Big Taff Man posted:

would you like a lozenge taff that is a nasty cough

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Phoon posted:

haha if someone asked me what the worst board games were thats actually what i would pick

munchkin can be fun once in a blue moon if you set a time limit on it but it's pretty bad.

zombies!!! is complete garbage and monopoly is just poo poo. roll dice, buy whatever you land on, repeat until someone lands on bad thing and loses money. it's basically just snakes and ladders but it takes six hours to play.

Vitamins
May 1, 2012

Jose posted:

its loving grim outside

:agreed:

The Big Taff Man posted:

:agreed:

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...
All board games are shite except scrabble.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

and wrestling

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Quote-Unquote posted:

betrayal at house on the hill is a bit poo poo imo. if you want a good game with traitor stuff get battlestar galactica (really needs 5 players).
chaos in the old world is also really good but you need exactly 4 players.

if you can get a regular group going then imperial assault / descent 2nd ed. are great.

is the BSG game based on the 2000s series or the 1970s one? i imagine the former to be sort of naked cluedo b/c them robots were wild horny :psylon:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

chess is good. and khet.

scrabble is okay but it rewards board control way more than good vocabulary.

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

crispix posted:

is the BSG game based on the 2000s series or the 1970s one? i imagine the former to be sort of naked cluedo b/c them robots were wild horny :psylon:

the 2000s. the premise is that one or two of you (depending on the number of players) are secretly cylons. each turn a crisis happens that requires people to throw in cards from their hand, face down. cards all have a colour and a value, and each crisis has some colours that count positive and some that count negative. so the idea is for the cylons to screw over the humans secretly for as long as possible, then when they get found out they move to a different part of the board where they can shoot pew pews at the humans.

it is really really good and has lots of shouting accusations at each other. downside is it takes 3-4 hours to play.

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

crispix posted:

If I recall it's based on one of the players secretly being a cylon, so it'd have to be the 2000s one.

DrWrestling69
Feb 4, 2008

Tracyanne...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

and wrestling

Wrestling is cool and good.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine
the best bored game for dicking over your friends is Diplomacy. its been known to end marriages

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

1163 new posts since I was last here but I'm not reading that poo poo. Someone post the bulletpoints of the interesting poo poo I missed.

corn in the fridge
Jan 15, 2012

by Shine

88h88 posted:

1163 new posts since I was last here but I'm not reading that poo poo. Someone post the bulletpoints of the interesting poo poo I missed.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

88h88 posted:

Fraction slept with a lady, who turned out to be Britains oldest woman.
Phoon got upset as Fraction had slept with his wife.
Bobby Deluxe was revealed to have no powers over the weather.
no-one is still an alcoholic, but in an attempt to cut down now only drinks cocktails with erotic names.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Quote-Unquote posted:

the 2000s. the premise is that one or two of you (depending on the number of players) are secretly cylons. each turn a crisis happens that requires people to throw in cards from their hand, face down. cards all have a colour and a value, and each crisis has some colours that count positive and some that count negative. so the idea is for the cylons to screw over the humans secretly for as long as possible, then when they get found out they move to a different part of the board where they can shoot pew pews at the humans.

it is really really good and has lots of shouting accusations at each other. downside is it takes 3-4 hours to play.

the series was also good but went on for far too long :(

Phoon
Apr 23, 2010

The Big Taff Man posted:

no-one is still an alcoholic, but in an attempt to cut down now only drinks cocktails with erotic names.

i dont remember any of this but then i am very old

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

The Big Taff Man posted:

Someone's lying here and I choose to believe corn simply because the last page has been board game recommendations.

Pedricko
Apr 7, 2008

The Big Taff Man posted:

What about me, Taff?

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

this thread has long since moved past such petty irrelevancies as sausages

e:

nothing to seehere posted:

Twilight Struggle

this is mfcrockers favourite game fyi

oh no computer
May 27, 2003

Jose posted:

its loving grim outside
i need a better weather website to check than bbc, they were saying at 8am this morning that it wasn't going to rain in gloucester today so i cycled in without my waterproofs. checked 1hr later at work and welp we've changed our minds it's gonna piss it down

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pedricko posted:

What about me, Taff?

- Pedricko asked for avatar suggestions and the usually unfunny cavalcade of posters all poo poo themselves with excitement at the chance to suggest a variety of sausage based tars for him. Meanwhile he toured Europe offering out his sausage and a sweet sweet goon discount for anyone who asked him the stairs question, however he has yet to give me free sausage and so therefore I still must brand his sausages as "shite, tasteless and tbh you can get better at the supermarket for half the price."

Bozza
Mar 5, 2004

"I'm a really useful engine!"
Get the saus man to cater your wedding Taff. Goon discount.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

taff wants a sausage man for his stag do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
At the wedding we're having a normal sit down meal, and in the evening we're having a hog roast. Whats that, youre a vegetarian? Well have a plain bun with no pork.