Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anti-Hero
Feb 26, 2004
Did you download night ops through origin? Are the servers hosting dlc packs you don't own?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Anti-Hero posted:

Did you download night ops through origin? Are the servers hosting dlc packs you don't own?

Everything was downloaded through Origin and I have all expansions.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Night Ops are not found in the Expansions section, but the Add-Ons section below. I don't know if that's the issue, but that got me :)

[edit]
Using a mouse that lets me change the dpi on the fly is great for changing between close, medium, and long range combat. I've set it to 2000 / 4000 / 8000 dpi :v:

Ak Gara fucked around with this message at 20:57 on Sep 29, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

verbal enema posted:

Everything was downloaded through Origin and I have all expansions.

You need to specifically download it from add-ons, then verify all of BF4. I had the same issue before, and that solved it completely.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Coolio. I'll do that when I get home from work

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
Most of my unlocks are gone from the test range but not from the main game. Anyone else have this happen?

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, what the hell happened with Hardline? Looking at the server list it's dead already?

I thought the beta was fun enough but it was definitely not something I'd drop full price on.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Deakul posted:

So, what the hell happened with Hardline? Looking at the server list it's dead already?

I thought the beta was fun enough but it was definitely not something I'd drop full price on.

Your attitude answers your question.

We got a couple games in last week and it is much improved since I last played, but the sheer lack of servers and players makes it hard to recommend people buy the game now.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Deakul posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hUOqktLm9UU

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Has anyone checked out Angels Fall First on Steam? How does it compare to BF?

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

Deakul posted:

The BF:H thread is still trying to convince people to play, but I tried it out after the latest patch, and it still suffers from a ridiculous TTK, where whoever sees whom first wins, and just something about the movement and gunplay seems off to me. I hear the DLC maps are fun, and if there was a super good sale, I'd drop 10-15 euros on Premium, but it looks like they still want full price for that. gently caress that. I dropped 60 euros for the game on launch, but I don't begrudge them that cash, as I have at least a couple thousand hours in the BF series, so my euro per hour of enjoyment is still incredibly healthy (paid full price + premium for BF3 and BF4 with zero regrets).

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Hardline looks cool but it would have been better off as an expansion instead of its own independent game.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Hopper posted:

Has anyone checked out Angels Fall First on Steam? How does it compare to BF?

I tried it for an hour and asked for a refund myself.
It's extremely early access, I see a really cool idea somewhere in there but for a game that's been in development for 7 years... it sure doesn't show.
The mp is laggy as poo poo and not really playable at all in its current state but the bots are pretty okay.
The UI is a clusterfuck that's barely comprehensible, you're bombarded with a bajillion things on your screen and a barely functional tutorial to tell you what's what.
The combat isn't that great either, space fights are simplistic but hard to deal with cause there aren't any target lead indicators so it's kind of a crap shoot and the gunplay is just lousy overall with weird hitboxes and a rudimentary firing cone accuracy system.

On the upside, it's moderately pretty despite being noticeably aged.

Also, shame to hear BFH was such a bomb, any chance it can recover like BF4 did?

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

I wouldn't bet on it. New COD is probably gonna kill it completely.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something with the burst fire mode for the AN-94?

It feels so literally hit and miss. Maybe its just me burst dumping and not noticing it probably.

Friar Zucchini
Aug 6, 2010

verbal enema posted:

Can anyone tell me if I'm missing something with the burst fire mode for the AN-94?

It feels so literally hit and miss. Maybe its just me burst dumping and not noticing it probably.
For me the two first shots at a higher fire rate was pretty worthless in... um BC2 or BF3 I forget which... just because I was too concerned with getting shots downrange than being on target before shooting. If a gun works for you then it works, if not then try something else.

In other news, this is probably from before the SRAW nerf (I picked up BF4 afterwards) but this opening sequence really gave me a case of the IRL LOLs, you all are probably gonna get all salty about the nerf again.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1eqJFWEm0yQ

Friar Zucchini fucked around with this message at 04:13 on Oct 4, 2015

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747
E: ^^^ Man, I still remember when you could double-slam tanks with it.

verbal enema posted:

It's not for burst dumping, but the burst mode is amazing for mid-long range. You should think of it as single shot with double the damage, though-if you were going to miss the first shot, you're going to miss the second. It takes some getting used to, but it's incredibly easy to put both shots in a dude's face from basically anywhere on the map. I'm a slightly above average player at best, and I ended up 5-starring that gun faster than I have any other in the game.

Naturally Selected fucked around with this message at 04:14 on Oct 4, 2015

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
Those two things help a lot when I think about how I've been using it thanks a ton.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

sitchelin posted:

Hardline looks cool but it would have been better off as an expansion instead of its own independent game.

Why charge $15 for something when you can rebrand it and sell it for $50? :iiam:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

So, yeah, I recently reformatted and all that jazz and BF4 seems to run and load muuuuuch better than it did last time I tried it and I think I'm ready to play it for real.
Is anyone still active? Like almost daily active? I ran into a goon in the wild by the name of Risky last night and that was pretty fun.

Origin name is Deakull.

I'd use the Goon Roster in the OP but I know the game is a couple of years old now so I don't know how outdated it is and who has actually stopped playing, I'm fresh meat with next to nothing unlocked. :bigtran:

Deakul fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Oct 4, 2015

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
hardline is good, and the ttk is really good

it's fun, and you all should play it

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

TubeStank posted:

hardline is good, and the ttk is really good

it's fun, and you all should play it

It is fun, but the only active server lacks any kind of scrambling. So if you join midround, welp, enjoy the next hour of rear end kickings handed out by the better team.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I like the Hardline shills begging for people to play the game so they can have a populated server to play on. What a miserable failure from EA and DICE.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Sandweed posted:

I wouldn't bet on it. New COD is probably gonna kill it completely.

Not just that, but I bet the new Battlefront will also steal away anybody who's just addicted to having The Next Battlefield.

Meanwhile, BF4 remains well populated with a good mix of players of all ranks, solid maps, and new content releasing and/or on the horizon.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

African AIDS cum posted:

I like the Hardline shills begging for people to play the game so they can have a populated server to play on. What a miserable failure from EA and DICE.

At this rate Origin will start giving us free 48-hours passes like Titanfall.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
gonna play ((reVz)) KING CONQUEST | This is SPARTA!!! for an hour or two if someone wants to play as well
american east coast orginal bf4 maps no paracel storm though so w/e

ign is [lljk]meingott

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

verbal enema posted:

gonna play ((reVz)) KING CONQUEST | This is SPARTA!!! for an hour or two if someone wants to play as well
american east coast orginal bf4 maps no paracel storm though so w/e

ign is [lljk]meingott

Don't forget to be on mumble.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Just realized there's a platoon feature and put in my application.
TIA

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Fired the game up for the first time in months. It's like riding a bike (you fall down a LOT!).

Is Graveyard shift supposed to look this foggy? Speaking of foggy, what happened to FLIR optics, both on guns and vehicles? Is there a settting I am missing or is everything supposed to look like a grey mess?

Edit: to be clear, vehicles and infantry are still bright white, but everything else is grey and looks very foggy. I'll grab a screenshot tonight.

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 12:02 on Oct 5, 2015

Nebiros
Apr 25, 2013

The scarf is nice.

mcbexx posted:

Fired the game up for the first time in months. It's like riding a bike (you fall down a LOT!).

Is Graveyard shift supposed to look this foggy? Speaking of foggy, what happened to FLIR optics, both on guns and vehicles? Is there a settting I am missing or is everything supposed to look like a grey mess?

FLIR and NV both got significantly improved a patch or two back. It might be part of the changes there? Or you're trying to use it beyond around 200 meters. If you mean infantry/vehicles are blending in as a blurry mess, something's hosed on your settings/rig.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

The nerfed FLIR since it was flat out better than IRNV on all guns and vehicles. You still see people as clear as before but it's harder to judge distance since everything else is the same shade of grey.

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?

mcbexx posted:

Is Graveyard shift supposed to look this foggy?

Yes, they added fog to lower visibility. Thermal sights are already easy mode, so they cut down the range. I've actually stopped using FLIR/IRNV on that map. I don't do as well, but it's more fun. I always run with a laser now, as it dazzles people.

Krogort
Oct 27, 2013

Hadlock posted:

Why charge $15 for something when you can rebrand it and not sell it for $50? :iiam:

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Holy gently caress man, this game has the worst and buggiest AAA FPS campaign I've ever had the displeasure of playing.

I couldn't even beat it because I got fed up with it.
The team mate AI is horrendous, enemies can be right in their face and they'll either A) Not respond at all or B) Shoot them but miss every shot, not that this would be any different from ranged engagements either
The scripts are bugged to poo poo and will occasionally not even trigger or bug out, I remember a moment where I had to go up some stairs on the ship to get a stinger but there were two soldiers blocking the entrance, I had to google the issue and turns out you can either attempt some tricky Mirror's Edge-esque climbing or bypass the no-killing-friendlies thing by firing your gun side to side at the dude directly at the base of the stairs and kill the guy.
And of course the story is poo poo with a twist that was telegraphed a mile away.

They were definitely forced to make this, but at least I got a P90 out of it.(thx u save game in the op)

Deakul fucked around with this message at 13:46 on Oct 5, 2015

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

They should make the single player campaign like a Conquest Large multiplayer, but with 63 bots.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I never finished the campaign because I got to a door that my teammate was supposed to kick open but refused to. Restarting the level, reinstalling the game, nothing worked. And kicking it open myself would just be crass

AAA gaming ladies and gentlemen

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Remember when when that DICE goon came into the thread and started teasing about some trailer they where dropping?

And then they dropped a single player trailer, the only redeeming thing about it was some guy from the Wire doing VO.

Talran
Sep 11, 2005

Be gone with you! You'll spoil my focus.
What's the current buy-in to get into this BF4 thing? I haven't played since BFBC2, and am starting to get that familiar itch, and am not exactly sure if I should wait for DICE to finally shelve Hardline and release another Bad Company/BF5 or just pony up now.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Still plenty of people playing BF4 on all the major platforms and it's a solid game, so you might as well get in now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Deakul posted:

worst and buggiest AAA FPS campaign

The upside of the whole thing is that at the end, no matter what you do, at least one godawful character will die and you'll be rewarded for it.

• Locked thread