Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CornHolio posted:

I've been trying to sell my brother's car without much success:

http://southbend.craigslist.org/cto/5231772683.html

I had it at $1500, then $1300, and it's been at $1000 for almost a week now. It's been listed for two weeks. Haven't had a single interested person. What am I doing wrong?
If people want a cheap car they want one that would pass inspection I assume. Plus that is some nasty body damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Cage posted:

If people want a cheap car they want one that would pass inspection I assume. Plus that is some nasty body damage.

We don't have inspections here.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

CornHolio posted:

We don't have inspections here.
What other cars area available in your area for $1k? You've got to compete with cars that don't have any front end damage and no CEL. Have you considered parting it out?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

scuz posted:

What other cars area available in your area for $1k? You've got to compete with cars that don't have any front end damage and no CEL. Have you considered parting it out?

every other car has a similar condition

Maybe I'm being too up front about the issues? Every other car has rust, cosmetic damage, a mechanical issue or something. I thought a grand for a running Honda with a bunch of new parts was a good deal. Maybe I'm wrong?

Winter is coming and surely people are looking for winter beaters. We get 100+ inches of snow here and a FWD cheap Honda should be a hot commodity, I would think?

I don't have the time to part it out and my brother has a neighbor that offered $500. I thought it'd be worth more but maybe I'm wrong?

CornHolio fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Oct 1, 2015

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22
you're selling something, talk up what's good and downplay what's bad

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

Hmm, removed the references to the mismatched wheels and CEL and only casually mentioned the body damage. Better?

KYOON GRIFFEY JR
Apr 12, 2010

Runner-up, TRP Sack Race 2021/22

CornHolio posted:

Hmm, removed the references to the mismatched wheels and CEL and only casually mentioned the body damage. Better?

I mean I wouldn't lie, but you have some good qualities and you just sort of bullet point them. Talk about how meticulously maintained it is or something.

I do think the mismatched wheels are killing you in the image. It looks pretty janky. (put the same ones on each side!!!)

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

I mean I wouldn't lie, but you have some good qualities and you just sort of bullet point them. Talk about how meticulously maintained it is or something.

I do think the mismatched wheels are killing you in the image. It looks pretty janky. (put the same ones on each side!!!)

It... hasn't been though. It's my brother's car, he's had it eight years and he can't even change a flat tire. I've kept it running and done most of the basic maintenance on it but I can't really call it "meticulously maintained." It's pretty overdue for a timing belt but shhhhh. It really does run and drive good though, for a thousand bucks I still think it's a good deal. I've paid more for shittier cars.

I did finally get a text on it so I think the changes may have helped.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

KYOON GRIFFEY JR posted:

To add to this - people expect some dishonesty in car ads. A long list of problems raises the question of "if he's telling me all of this is wrong, what's really wrong with this rolling tire fire?"

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Yeah you don't want to sound apologetic in your add like "this car is a POS sorry but please buy it."

Don't list ANY normal wear item poo poo, if they can't figure out what it's gonna need it's not your problem.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
gently caress, I used to give a ton of info in car ads. Now? Few lines and vague pictures. If they have questions they can come look at it at a time that works for me.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...
At least one of you is as stupid as me and needs a Fiat X1/9...or two! Here's a lovely copy&Paste. Goon price is $500 woo

XWebForums posted:

I've finally decided to sell my X1/9 projects, I haven't had the time or resources to do either one up how they should be.I really really (really!) want to sell them as a pair, and am willing to give the 81 and its parts FREE with the 74. I'm located 20 miles east of San Luis Obispo, California.
$1000 obo

1981 X1/9
Rosso Arancio
1.5L engine
5 speed
Megasquirt & EDIS
Fiat Spider Turbine mag wheels 13x5"
new brake pads/hoses
new wheel bearings
sold with Bill of Sale

I purchased this with a friend in 2009 to make into a 24 Hours of LeMons project, and got as far as getting Megasqirt installed (and running!) on the engine and repairing the small corrosion in the battery tray and rear trunk. I did some tuning, but the engine popped out the oil pump drive gear (since it was running without a distributor) and seized at idle. After that, I later dismantled the car to a bare shell, and haven exceeded my self-imposed 5 year time limit on projects. I saved all the parts I could (nearly everything, and acquired a few others along the way like a 4:1 header and some other various parts over the years.

1974 X1/9
Light yellow, lime under, brown original color.
Electric conversion (dual 10hp 36V motors)
Hyster SCR motor controller
4 speed transmission (retained as motors are RPM limited)
modified front trunk to hold 6 Trojan 105/106 batteries
Custom license plate LOVOLTS
Rust on firewall (battery, etc)
Rust in passenger floor.
stock Rostyle wheels (13x4.5?)
Clean California title!

I purchased this last year so I could build a pre-smog X1/9 with all of the parts from the 1981, including panel donation. I never got around to it (beyond moving the front suspension over) and new need to get it sold to make room for a Mazda 323 GTX project I'm finishing. The electric motor controller and motors seem to work well, but the system is likely too slow (top speed about 62) and has too little capacity to be of any use other than in-town commuting.

More Pictures Here!

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

BlackMK4 posted:

gently caress, I used to give a ton of info in car ads. Now? Few lines and vague pictures. If they have questions they can come look at it at a time that works for me.

Yeah, selling this car hasn't been the easiest thing to do, logistically. I'm tasked with selling it (since I've sold plenty of cars before and am the only one that knows anything about anything), but it's my brother's car and he lives across town, and our dad has the title. I've cut my brother out so now only me and my dad have to be there, and I'm wondering how legal it would be to just have him sign the title so I can do it all myself and have the car at my place.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

CornHolio posted:

Yeah, selling this car hasn't been the easiest thing to do, logistically. I'm tasked with selling it (since I've sold plenty of cars before and am the only one that knows anything about anything), but it's my brother's car and he lives across town, and our dad has the title. I've cut my brother out so now only me and my dad have to be there, and I'm wondering how legal it would be to just have him sign the title so I can do it all myself and have the car at my place.

I've signed titles for other people in the past (in Indiana to boot) and nothing has ever come back. Maybe prep up a bill of sale as well?

CornHolio
May 20, 2001

Toilet Rascal

Rhyno posted:

I've signed titles for other people in the past (in Indiana to boot) and nothing has ever come back. Maybe prep up a bill of sale as well?

totally sold it last night for $850. Thanks for your help dudes.

Primpin and Pimpin
Sep 2, 2011

Whoosh, sold. Thanks for playing.

Primpin and Pimpin fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Oct 10, 2015

two_beer_bishes
Jun 27, 2004
Snow Tires on Long Island for sale! 16in VW wheels with Dunlop snow tires

Craigslist as here

Put something in the email about stairs or being a goon and I'll let them go for $250 or whatever you think is a fair price. Moving out of state and don't want to haul these around. I also have a 18" weber grill you can have (with a chimney and some grill tools) for $20 if you come pick it up!

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004
Anyone in the Boston area need a beater?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5262792081.html

Goon price $900. Brakes are a little weak right now but too apathetic to do anything about it. Exhaust manifold (gasket) leaks but passed inspection 1.5 years ago. I have a new replacement manifold with gasket that will be included. Too apathetic and busy to swap that on.

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

Drunk Pledge Driver posted:

Anyone in the Boston area need a beater?

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/5262792081.html

Goon price $900. Brakes are a little weak right now but too apathetic to do anything about it. Exhaust manifold (gasket) leaks but passed inspection 1.5 years ago. I have a new replacement manifold with gasket that will be included. Too apathetic and busy to swap that on.

Bump! Goon price $800. Let's move this thing! Registration expires end of month and I don't see a point in paying it.

Also: have a pair of HRI Fuzion tires in 195/60/14. $50 obo. Very close to new my brother had them in his closet from a former roommate or something. Pic available on request, for some reason imgur isn't letting me upload.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
:siren: FREE 1988 VOLVO 244DL :siren:

That's right, it's free to the first person that wants it (and of course actually shows up). Body is in good shape but it needs paint, interior is in good shape, it will need a drivers door window. Doesn't come with an engine but a M47 transmission is included for shigs.

If you've been looking for something to drop a V8 into and go troll the local Camaro/Mustang crowd, this is a perfect starting point. Best part being that it's 100% loving FREE, of course.

Located in Charlottesville, VA. Come and get this thing out of my driveway before I have to move.

Please?

edit: I have a 1989 245DL that I'd be willing to part with for $500 as well.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Nov 8, 2015

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Have an HKS "Cool Style" Exhaust for 2015+ Honda Fit. CL price is negotiable for AI folks. I know there are a few of you with Fits, and this exhaust was a 60-day wait from Glorious Nippon.
http://williamsport.craigslist.org/pts/5284260280.html

Set of OEM Acura TSX wheels plasti-dipped in ridiculous winter colors, removable of course. Tires are 215/50/17 Michelin X-Ice i3 with excellent tread left. CL price also negotiable for you fine fellas and ladies
http://williamsport.craigslist.org/wto/5284255864.html

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Terrible Robot posted:

:siren: FREE 1988 VOLVO 244DL :siren:

That's right, it's free to the first person that wants it (and of course actually shows up). Body is in good shape but it needs paint, interior is in good shape, it will need a drivers door window. Doesn't come with an engine but a M47 transmission is included for shigs.

If you've been looking for something to drop a V8 into and go troll the local Camaro/Mustang crowd, this is a perfect starting point. Best part being that it's 100% loving FREE, of course.

Located in Charlottesville, VA. Come and get this thing out of my driveway before I have to move.

:smith: drat it, the worst timing.

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!

Terrible Robot posted:

edit: I have a 1989 245DL that I'd be willing to part with for $500 as well.

What are the details on this? does it run? manual?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Voltage posted:

What are the details on this? does it run? manual?

Needs a fuel pump, maybe a MAF (if I can't find the spare I have), tune-up, and OD solenoid replaced on the transmission. 140k-ish miles iirc. Also all the shocks and bushings are hosed. Also need the drivers door handle replaced, also the interior panel is missing. Has power locks/windows that all work.

Terrible Robot fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Nov 12, 2015

Voltage
Sep 4, 2004

MALT LIQUOR!
Gonna have to pass, only looking for a stick 240, thanks for the info though.

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Any of you goons want a running 2.9 v6 with m5od out of an 86 ranger or a c4 auto tranny out of an 89 mustang in the Seattle area?

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde

Voltage posted:

Gonna have to pass, only looking for a stick 240, thanks for the info though.

I mean I have literally everything on hand to convert it to a manual...

blk
Dec 19, 2009
If any of you need a laptop with a serial port for your garage, I'm selling one here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3751721

philkop
Oct 19, 2008

Chomp chomp chomp...We have the legendary Magic Beans
Goon Made Wallets
Anybody in the greater Orlando area want to trade me your stock rims for my upgraded 19" fat tire rims?

These came when I bought the car and they aren't my style.
They are crazy dirty, but I'll be cleaning them soon and adding more pics.

http://imgur.com/hbjXVEQ

Any advice on this in general? I can't afford to buy myself stock rims until I sell these, but I also can't have a car on blocks in my apartment complex.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

philkop posted:

Anybody in the greater Orlando area want to trade me your stock rims for my upgraded 19" fat tire rims?

These came when I bought the car and they aren't my style.
They are crazy dirty, but I'll be cleaning them soon and adding more pics.

http://imgur.com/hbjXVEQ

Any advice on this in general? I can't afford to buy myself stock rims until I sell these, but I also can't have a car on blocks in my apartment complex.

Maybe list what car they're for and some details would be a good start.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
I am selling a red NB-style Miata hard top. The type with the defroster grid (though I never bothered to wire it up). It's in fair condition. Mostly shiny red, with a couple of scuffs. Glass is in great shape.

I am also selling 15" Enkei RPF-1s. They have some Toyo T1-Rs on them that have seen a few seasons but could probably give you another summer or two.

I am located in southern Wisconsin. PM me with offers.

edit: I'll get pics later at home, my craiglist ad appears to have fallen off the face of the earth.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

LeftistMuslimObama posted:

I am selling a red NB-style Miata hard top. The type with the defroster grid (though I never bothered to wire it up). It's in fair condition. Mostly shiny red, with a couple of scuffs. Glass is in great shape.

I am also selling 15" Enkei RPF-1s. They have some Toyo T1-Rs on them that have seen a few seasons but could probably give you another summer or two.

I am located in southern Wisconsin. PM me with offers.

edit: I'll get pics later at home, my craiglist ad appears to have fallen off the face of the earth.

Would the HT fit a 97 NA?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

blk posted:

Would the HT fit a 97 NA?

Yes. I had it on a 94 na.

lazer_chicken
May 14, 2009

PEW PEW ZAP ZAP
*FREE for pickup in DC metro area* Ford 7.5" LSD carrier + 3.73(?) gears + bearing/install kit

That's right, free. I've had this sitting my basement for years and I don't even own a car with a 7.5" diff anymore and I just want it gone and I'd feel bad throwing it away because it's a fairly rare part. It's a rebuilt OEM LSD carrier, probably pulled from an older 4x4 ranger but I don't know for sure, I bought it already pulled. Clutches look good. Came with a set of gears that I believe are 3.73's as well as a USA Gear bearing/install kit. Must pick up in Maryland just outside of DC. No PM, gmail me at ksp7498 if interested.

Ford used to sell these under the ford racing brand but it looks like they have been out of stock for a few years now leaving only some aftermarket options. Then again, I don't think there's a lot of people building up 7.5" rears.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

lazer_chicken posted:

*FREE for pickup in DC metro area* Ford 7.5" LSD carrier + 3.73(?) gears + bearing/install kit

That's right, free. I've had this sitting my basement for years and I don't even own a car with a 7.5" diff anymore and I just want it gone and I'd feel bad throwing it away because it's a fairly rare part. It's a rebuilt OEM LSD carrier, probably pulled from an older 4x4 ranger but I don't know for sure, I bought it already pulled. Clutches look good. Came with a set of gears that I believe are 3.73's as well as a USA Gear bearing/install kit. Must pick up in Maryland just outside of DC. No PM, gmail me at ksp7498 if interested.

Ford used to sell these under the ford racing brand but it looks like they have been out of stock for a few years now leaving only some aftermarket options. Then again, I don't think there's a lot of people building up 7.5" rears.

FYI: count the teeth on the ring gear and divide by the number of teeth on the pinion. That will get you your ratio. Good info to be certain on for a Craigslist post or what have you. Good luck!

ChewedFood
Jul 22, 2012
Monster miata does quite a few 302 into miata conversions and they recommend people the 7.5" rear end.

Sex Weirdo
Jul 24, 2007

Selling my BRZ:

http://kalamazoo.craigslist.org/cto/5364871086.html

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer
My Miata has finally gone for good and has been donated to a local charity for at-risk youth. I'm selling the hard top, and my Enkei RPF1s if you're interested. Madison, WI area. The RPF1s have some Toyo T-1r summer tires on them that have a summer or two left to give (depending on how leadfooted you are :D). The wheels are 15".

http://madison.craigslist.org/wto/5369221008.html
http://madison.craigslist.org/pts/5369218149.html

angryrobots
Mar 31, 2005

About to get started on my XJ to 87 MJ conversion. Selling everything from the xj interior I don't need. Pick up only. Central SC, close to I95.

Almost complete 2000 XJ Agate interior
http://columbia.craigslist.org/pts/5375604679.html

Let me know if my price is dumb. I just want it all gone, not nickel and dime-ing here.

Gone.

angryrobots fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Jan 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunk Pledge Driver
Nov 10, 2004

lazer_chicken posted:

Would've been useful before I swapped my rear axle due to my gears being ground to poo poo or had I bothered keeping that worthless axle. Not worth the effort now that I'm selling my ranger.