Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

She used the word magnitude, c'mon man you gotta fess up. We just want to know what it takes to get them to balk at a refund even if only temporarily.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
tell us the amount god damnit!

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

it took them a month and a half to get back to you? the gently caress mate

Only took them about a week and a half.
Granted, I had to deal with an email from Ortwin - and they attempted to send a refund to the wrong paypal address.
They sent the paypal portion of the refund to the email address associated with my RSI account, not the paypal account.

I had to open another paypal account, just so I could get my money back.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Funny enough, I requested this refund Mid-August - after GamesCom.
If I had $88M, I'd make my own ponzi, er, video game.

Genuinely, it would be really interesting to know how much you spent that's making them respond in this way. People in this thread get the piss taken out of them for spending money on a game that's in a state like this and not realising looking like a bad idea - you're out, so assuming you're just some guy with a bunch of cash to spend on entertainment who the hell cares!

Also, I love that this thread has now started getting J4Rs instead of J4Gs (yeah you asking for the refund in August ruins that idea but work with me here!)

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Doesn't matter.

You are a beta bitch.

Coming in here posting a quote specifically referencing the "magnitude" of your ahem... investment, and then shying away from telling us the total? You put that ball on the tee and you better swing the loving bat.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Granted, I had to deal with an email from Ortwin - and they attempted to send a refund to the wrong paypal address.
They sent the paypal portion of the refund to the email address associated with my RSI account, not the paypal account.

COOL HOW MUCH WAS THE REFUND THO

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I motion that until such a time as Bluestreak discloses the amount of the refund that he be labeled "Seraph co-conspirator" and treated as such.

Rusty Bodega
Feb 12, 2012

Colowful Wizuds

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Just give us the figures. Just give us a little taste. :allears:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Stop kinkshaming BTH and get back to amusing me with hilarious links and stuff

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Chalks posted:

Also, I love that this thread has now started getting J4Rs instead of J4Gs (yeah you asking for the refund in August ruins that idea but work with me here!)

For one, financial gain (well, mitigation of financial disaster) is a good reason to go and do something like signing up to a refund support community thread.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

If he doesn't post them, goons are just going to run with it anyway.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Gwaihir posted:

This is the company that actually made up a rule banning the use of "Carebare" in posts on their forums as a derogatory/slur.

Not even kidding about that.

no loving way... hahahahaha

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I feel like I can't go back to what I was doing until I know how many spaceship JPEGs this guy bought since refunding them all has got Sandi concerned its going to sink the company.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Joe Gillian posted:

If he doesn't post them, goons are just going to run with it anyway.

Tell you what - I'll tell you.

Sometime during my show, Saturday at Noon Eastern.

crotchgobbler
Jul 25, 2007

im an 07 lol

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Stop kinkshaming BTH and get back to amusing me with hilarious links and stuff

This is as annoying as those goons who used to tell stories or make comments with hooks like "But that doesn't even compare to that time I woke up with a donkey and a hooker in the same bed," secretly hoping someone would ask them to elaborate. Attention whoring is incredibly lame.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Nation posted:

no loving way... hahahahaha

The Marauder has one of the carebear incidents. I'll poke him.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

crotchgobbler posted:

This is as annoying as those goons who used to tell stories or make comments with hooks like "But that doesn't even compare to that time I woke up with a donkey and a hooker in the same bed," secretly hoping someone would ask them to elaborate. Attention whoring is incredibly lame.

I have to be an attention whore. It's all I got left, man.

void_serfer
Jan 13, 2012

BluestreakBTHR posted:

Well, I guess we can just begin speculation now.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Is it between 20 and 30 Endeavours worth of JPEGs?

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Whatever happened to the guy that used his family's Christmas present savings to buy himself and his kid a starship.jpg? I remember that was the first time i ever felt sorry for the people who were suckered into the scam.

From what i remember he was absolutely sure his kid would love the awesome present he got him.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

nopantsjack posted:

Is it between 20 and 30 Endeavours worth of JPEGs?

No. I'm no Dick Wulf.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

BombiTheZombie posted:

Whatever happened to the guy that used his family's Christmas present savings to buy himself and his kid a starship.jpg? I remember that was the first time i ever felt sorry for the people who were suckered into the scam.

From what i remember he was absolutely sure his kid would love the awesome present he got him.

NotACult.Jpg

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Joe Gillian posted:

Well, I guess we can just begin speculation now.

Putting the over/under at $10,000, place your bets.

I'm taking the over.

Apocadall
Mar 25, 2010

Aren't you the guitarist for the feed dogs?

BombiTheZombie posted:

How soon after did his wife divorce him?

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Xaerael posted:

So, if anyone hasn't replied to their automated "y u no liek us no mor?" reply to their refund request, please use this. Literally copy paste it.

Fight copy paste with copy paste.

tia

lol

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Dick wolves are my fetish

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time
Presumably if they do not go ahead with this slam dunk lawsuit against The Escapist it proves that all the allegations about Sandi et al are true?

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

Dick wolves are my fetish

don't lie quadposting is your fetish and you know it

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Former CIG Audio Director and Music Legend Martin Galway chips in:
https://www.facebook.com/Martin-Galway-C64-148288578555308/timeline/

Martin Galway C64
Yesterday at 09:57 ·

Great article concerning the company I left over a year ago http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/10/02/the-excess-of-star-citizen-is-the-price-gaming-pays-for-upholding-the-great-man-myth/

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

BombiTheZombie posted:

I think you are confusing Star Citizen with Doobies Dog House here. There was an infamous goon who's entire Christmas fund went into supporting the Doobies kickstarter. For a while there Star Citizen, Doobies, and DayZ all had one shared megathread in GBS.

Unless of course there are two goons and they both did the same thing. That would be hilarious and not actually too surprising.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

BombiTheZombie posted:

Are you sure you aren't confusing this with the Doobie saga? Cause there was someone who sat down with their family to discuss putting all their Christmas money towards Kickstarting Doobie's Dog House and the family agreed.

e;fb.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

BluestreakBTHR posted:

we have all been suckered at some point. ITs ok you got out. Just tell us the amount.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

shrach posted:

Presumably if they do not go ahead with this slam dunk lawsuit against The Escapist it proves that all the allegations about Sandi et al are true?

I'm usually a pretty good judge of character... when I met Sandi at the DFM reveal in Boston 2 years ago, I sensed Evil. Actual douchechill/goosebumps EEEEEEEVIL.

Her eyes... they're dead. Like a doll's eyes.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

sorla78 posted:

He went to the same high school as Chris Roberts and they were buddies back then.

I figure he must be incredibly pissed off to say anything at all.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

shrach posted:

Nah if they stand up to him at some point CR will just write another 15000 word sermon to the faithful that he's made the tough decision to turn his back on the devil and just keep nobly making his game thanklessly. All the Citizens will lap that poo poo up and donate another few hundred thou.

I mean thats if he's got any sense, as has been pointed out multiple times CIG has set itself up very poorly for a legal case even if it were possible to win the case its pushing for against the Escapist, which it isn't.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

BluestreakBTHR posted:

No. I'm no Dick Wulf.

I'm going with $2,500

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Kylra posted:

When is this CitizenCon thing supposed to start anyway?

It started in 2012 :smugdog:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Bolow posted:

I'm going with $2,500

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

OK MOTHERFUCKER

I BID ONE DOLLAR

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Good article summarizing everything thus far: https://techraptor.net/content/star-citizen-lawsuits-and-journalism-ethics

sorla78 posted:

https://www.facebook.com/Martin-Galway-C64-148288578555308/timeline/

Martin Galway C64
Yesterday at 09:57 ·

Great article concerning the company I left over a year ago http://www.forbes.com/sites/olliebarder/2015/10/02/the-excess-of-star-citizen-is-the-price-gaming-pays-for-upholding-the-great-man-myth/

Holy poo poo. That's pretty damning.

• Locked thread