Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

UserErr0r posted:

This would be easy for the pilot to avoid if they could get out of the helicopter so the rotors quit spinning.

It actually hadn't landed and was holding position like 100 feet over the sea, probably for the very reason you're saying. I was actually on the ground before he even made it to the area, but some players like to open their chutes the moment they leave the plane, so they can glide down over the course of a couple minutes of weaving erratically back and forth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

EvanSchenck posted:

It actually hadn't landed and was holding position like 100 feet over the sea, probably for the very reason you're saying. I was actually on the ground before he even made it to the area, but some players like to open their chutes the moment they leave the plane, so they can glide down over the course of a couple minutes of weaving erratically back and forth.

Maybe the new freeroam activity where you compete to open your parachute the closest to the ground will teach pubbies that you don't have to deploy your chute the second you leave the plane.
...or maybe it'll create overambitious pubbies that will try to open it within 5 meters of hitting the ground (and die).

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

titties posted:

Yes. If you're on PS4 I'll heist with you, I'm familiar with all roles in all heists.

I can also chip in. PSN: CaptSpacebeard

I, however, am unfamiliar with all roles in all heists. But I am pretty good chat.

TheDarkFlame
May 4, 2013

You tell me I didn't build that?

I'll have you know I worked my fingers to the bone to get where I am today.
I would definitely appreciate people giving me a hand with heists, at least enough to get some neat stuff unlocked (whether or not any of it is worth buying). So far I only have the Kuruma, and every heist I try to join ends in failure after one or two setups. I'm still amazed at some of the things people will try and do. In the setup where you have to assault a yacht by the pier, I had a level 9 idiot try to land our helicopter in the middle of all the heavily armed arseholes. And I can't count the amount of times we've failed just because someone has died on the way to a heist.

PSN is FlamingDarkness. I'll be on for a bit tonight, since I've a late start tomorrow.

Schenck v. U.S.
Sep 8, 2010

TheDarkFlame posted:

I'm still amazed at some of the things people will try and do. In the setup where you have to assault a yacht by the pier, I had a level 9 idiot try to land our helicopter in the middle of all the heavily armed arseholes.

My favorite is when the job is to capture a vehicle or an item. You're working your way in on foot or by car like a normal person, but somebody zips through in a gunship and just shits rockets everywhere until he's destroyed whatever it is you were supposed to steal.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
Finally something to replace our SmartCars:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDrASqgoZwA

When it comes to multiplayer I really wish they'd add stuff like this instead of more supercars. The game is generally more fun in mid-level vehicles than when everyone is in a Zentorno.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

With the new PS4 firmware supporting community groups, I've created a GTAO community for PS4 goons to make it easier to put together a heist group and whatnot.

I've invited a few of you already, but since the NEW AND IMPROVED PS4 friend list doesn't work worth a poo poo I was only able to send out a hand full of invites.

PS4 goons, join up. The community is called Yacht Rock & White Girls and I made it just for you

E:

It's a closed community so if you didn't get an invite please mention your forums name when you send your request.

titties fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Oct 1, 2015

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I would buy, pimp, and daily drive a Reliant Robin all day long.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

titties posted:

With the new PS4 firmware supporting community groups, I've created a GTAO community for PS4 goons to make it easier to put together a heist group and whatnot.

I've invited a few of you already, but since the NEW AND IMPROVED PS4 friend list doesn't work worth a poo poo I was only able to send out a hand full of invites.

PS4 goons, join up. The community is called Yacht Rock & White Girls and I made it just for you

E:

It's a closed community so if you didn't get an invite please mention your forums name when you send your request.

Yo there's no way to actually search for a specific community so can you send an invite to Malice_Mizer

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

titties posted:

E:

Can you send one my way? cashcamden99

titties
May 10, 2012

Policenaut posted:

Yo there's no way to actually search for a specific community so can you send an invite to Malice_Mizer

Kelly posted:

Can you send one my way? cashcamden99

Yeah.

Also I'm not sure if there's actually a way to include a message when you request (it might be possible to find the group if PSN decides it's trending or if one of your friends is in it).

If you want in, send a msg to PSN: mr_dread and I'll invite you.

I assume that eventually there will be a search. How can there not be a search?

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

titties posted:

Yeah.

Also I'm not sure if there's actually a way to include a message when you request (it might be possible to find the group if PSN decides it's trending or if one of your friends is in it).

If you want in, send a msg to PSN: mr_dread and I'll invite you.

I assume that eventually there will be a search. How can there not be a search?

Got it, thanks!

There is an explore option for now. Not sure if that functions as search though.

titties
May 10, 2012

Kelly posted:

Got it, thanks!

There is an explore option for now. Not sure if that functions as search though.

No, it only lets you look at friend's groups or whatever 100 groups PSN decides are worth showing you.

If you go down to "Recent Activity" or whatever for a game you have installed there is also a Communities tab for the game but it only shows 100 groups. There are 7,000 GTA communities so

The group is showing up somewhere, though, because I am getting join requests which I am ignoring unless they also come with a psn message to let me know they're a goon.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I'd like an invite too, Dread, when you get a chance!
Thanks!

titties
May 10, 2012

Wee Bairns posted:

I'd like an invite too, Dread, when you get a chance!
Thanks!

Pretty sure I'd sent one to you last night. I'll try it again next time I'm online.

Wee Bairns
Feb 10, 2004

Jack Tripper's wingman.

I didn't see an invite, but then again, I only updated the PS4 this afternoon. Perhaps that was an issue.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

I think my favorite thing in this whole game is when you're running around, shooting, riding in cars with other players and what not and then it just instantly kicks you into a lobby by yourself and you can never get back man this game is just the best.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

mutata posted:

I think my favorite thing in this whole game is when you're running around, shooting, riding in cars with other players and what not and then it just instantly kicks you into a lobby by yourself and you can never get back man this game is just the best.

http://portforward.com/english/applications/port_forwarding/publishers/Rockstar_Games.htm :shrug:

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

First vehicles were being spawned miles from anyone. Then 'buy all ammo' was broken and frequently told me that the $358-worth of ammo I needed would cost me $97,000. Today only a single police chopper spawned in the Prison Break finale and the airfield was a ghost town when we did the pickup, then during the setup where you collect Avi Schwartzman, we had no wanted rating until we hit land, and any time it attempted to do so while still on water, the stars would instantly blip out of existence.

Is the whole game just gradually falling apart?

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

mutata posted:

my recent favorite is when I'm winning the current freeroam event by a significant amount... and I get netsplit. If you're in a freeroam event during a netsplit, it ends the freeroam event on your new session because there's not enough players.
I managed to rejoin a goon in the original session before the freeroam event ended on their side, but it didn't save my score.

Not like it really matters, since I'm sitting on 52 million and I'm well past level 125.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
I only started having connection problems after getting a new router (had ports fowarded on the old one) I just tinkered with the new router and I'll let you know if its made a difference.

if you weren't having any trouble before the update or you already fowarded ports then I guess maybe the anticheat system has increased the size/rate of authentication packets? Maybe change your MTU size? I dunno im not good with computer.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

Is the whole game just gradually falling apart?

I did a Pacific Standard finale where we ran to some guy's apartment and got in his Karuma like usual, and then... no cops. We had 5 stars but not a single cop spawned on our leisurely drive to the boat.

DivisionPost
Jun 28, 2006

Nobody likes you.
Everybody hates you.
You're gonna lose.

Smile, you fuck.

Wee Bairns posted:

I didn't see an invite, but then again, I only updated the PS4 this afternoon. Perhaps that was an issue.

I actually sent you (and Aard) an invitation myself. I wonder if that works or if Dread's the only guy who can do it.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Jose Mengelez posted:

I only started having connection problems after getting a new router (had ports fowarded on the old one) I just tinkered with the new router and I'll let you know if its made a difference.

if you weren't having any trouble before the update or you already fowarded ports then I guess maybe the anticheat system has increased the size/rate of authentication packets? Maybe change your MTU size? I dunno im not good with computer.

ok so after a couple of hours and no netsplit im fairly confident you should forward your ports.

titties
May 10, 2012

DivisionPost posted:

I actually sent you (and Aard) an invitation

same

Jose Mengelez posted:

ok so after a couple of hours and no netsplit im fairly confident you should forward your ports.

My playstation is DMZd and I still get netsplit a couple of times a night during a long session

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
I have only recently bought a PS4 and completed the storymode. Have tried out online but with random people it just seems awful. Have signed up through the googledoc in the OP, my PS name is von_nass and would really like to do some cool online things with goons, as normal pubbies just seem terrible.

titties
May 10, 2012

Alan BStard posted:

Have signed up through the googledoc in the OP, my PS name is von_nass and would really like to do some cool online things with goons, as normal pubbies just seem terrible.

That's just a player list, it probably won't get you that far. Send a message to PSN: mr_dread and I'll send you an invite to the PS4 community, and check the OP in the GTAO goon crew thread to get into the crew. Then we'll do cool stuff I promise

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Alan BStard posted:

I have only recently bought a PS4 and completed the storymode. Have tried out online but with random people it just seems awful. Have signed up through the googledoc in the OP, my PS name is von_nass and would really like to do some cool online things with goons, as normal pubbies just seem terrible.

This game really isn't fun unless you're playing with friends. It breeds a certain amount of contempt between players, and so when there are co-op opportunities people can't turn their aggression off.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
From my experiences, actually talking on the mic to other players is what keeps most sessions from simply randomly deathmatching each other and taking the game too seriously.

And when it doesn't it's at least usually very funny between all the poo poo talking and genuine rage.

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Voice chat in most public sessions seems to be either Russians or 10-year-olds.

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

FuturePastNow posted:

not emptyquoting

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
mumble is a ghost town when I play these days :/

you should always have voicechat set to 'everyone' if only to mercilessly target the maddest saltiest idiot on mic.

Elmon
Aug 20, 2013

FuturePastNow posted:

Beats playing dota 2 and having Brazilians.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
This might sound silly but what is the best way to find some goons to play with? I'm in the goon crew now but still seem to be stuck hopping lobbies with pubbies. I'm on the PS4 if that helps.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Alan BStard posted:

This might sound silly but what is the best way to find some goons to play with? I'm in the goon crew now but still seem to be stuck hopping lobbies with pubbies. I'm on the PS4 if that helps.

look here's a whole list of filthy console peasants you can rub dirty pennies together with.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1CFseCiUhe6n751hRjWNoHe83RQwwkBIdR3jsKiEyQAU/edit#gid=951110815

add them on RSC and message them if they're online.

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Just started GTA Online, but ummm, do people mostly just race or something when doing jobs? Queuing random stuff usually doesn't bring much up or it's waiting for minutes at a time trying to get people for other modes.

Also why do I keep getting invites to heists and heist setups even at level 7?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Sorry, gtaO is dead thanks to hackers .

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

Sorry, gtaO on PC is dead thanks to hackers .

FTFY. PS4 is happily hack free.

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe

Sober posted:

Just started GTA Online, but ummm, do people mostly just race or something when doing jobs? Queuing random stuff usually doesn't bring much up or it's waiting for minutes at a time trying to get people for other modes.

Also why do I keep getting invites to heists and heist setups even at level 7?

If you're really low level, you're not going to be invited to as many other jobs as you will once you got some RP earned. Also what system are you on? Are you playing in a closed session (invite only, crew only, etc) or just a normal session?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sober
Nov 19, 2011

First touch: Life.
Second touch: Dead again. Forever.
Forgot to mention, PC. Playing just normally right now.

I've hit rank 11 now. Seems a little better if I queue specifically for races or deathmatch or something. Otherwise not really. I guess sometimes I just get random blind invites cause I got some rank 45 story missions out of the blue and no one decided to kick me from those (they seem really straightforward anyway).

So what exactly do low level people do anyway? Just queue random stuff and just do whatever I guess? I also assume all the DLC weapons are worth picking up as I can get them whenever, right?

• Locked thread