Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
The thing is that this time around, all the cartoons using the hideous Seth Mcfarlane style are actually created by Seth Mcfarlane

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I watched the Live Action Made for TV movies recently, and (besides Hayley Kiyoko again being the best only good part of the movie besides what I'm about to link) the first movie's ending justifies its existence. (The second movie doesn't have anything nearly as interesting.)

Note: Crappy quality because I can't find a better quality video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ico15EjERzQ

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
I forgot Cartoon Network produced those movies.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I wasn't aware they existed.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

How old is Frank Welker? He's sounded exactly the same for 40 years. He can't die before Scooby Doo, just as Stan Lee can't die before the Spider-Man newspaper strip.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

According to Wikipedia he's 69. Which is crazy because he must have started voice acting at a really young age.

I'm sure Scooby Doo will outlive him though. It's outlived Casey Kasem and Transformers seems to have left him behind as Megatron long ago.

e: actually it looks like he still does Megatron in the video games and some of the TV shows. His IMDB is insane.

raditts fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Oct 3, 2015

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Jack Gladney posted:

How old is Frank Welker? He's sounded exactly the same for 40 years. He can't die before Scooby Doo, just as Stan Lee can't die before the Spider-Man newspaper strip.

Stan Lee doesn't write the Spider-man newspaper strip, he just slaps his name on it.

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

raditts posted:

According to Wikipedia he's 69. Which is crazy because he must have started voice acting at a really young age.

I'm sure Scooby Doo will outlive him though. It's outlived Casey Kasem and Transformers seems to have left him behind as Megatron long ago.

e: actually it looks like he still does Megatron in the video games and some of the TV shows. His IMDB is insane.

They got lucky with Matthew Lillard, though. A good Shaggy perfectly happy to be Shaggy whenever they need him.

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
Matthew Lillard was born to play Shaggy and it always makes me a little happy when I see his name in the credits.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I thought the Scooby Doo live action movies were OK. They were poorly written but the performances were trying with the material they were given, and I thought some of the jokes worked. I kinda liked Velma's attempt at getting Possessed Fred's attention in the first one. "Hey! Yo, yo... you.. yo..."

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
I like the first movie since it was making fun of the franchise. I can barely remember the second one despite seeing it multiple times.

Mace Bacon
Apr 16, 2008

YOU'RE SLEEPING HERE? IS THIS WHERE YOU'RE SLEEPING? HUH?!
I don't know if anyone's seen it but the new Danger Mouse is surprisingly decent? I've liked the episodes I've seen so far and the voice acting is fairly solid.

kefkafloyd
Jun 8, 2006

What really knocked me out
Was her cheap sunglasses
It hasn't shown up on Netflix here in the US yet, so I'm guessing only the UK folk have seen it yet.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.

Gaunab posted:

I like the first movie since it was making fun of the franchise. I can barely remember the second one despite seeing it multiple times.

Personally I think my favourite joke in the first one is Daphne taking self defence classes due to being sick of being the damsel in distress. :3:

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Just a heads up: new Gumball every day this week at 6:30pm EST.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum

axleblaze posted:

So is that replacing new Thursdays or just a this week only so they can sucker people into catching the total drama finale?

Applewhite posted:

I don't like what I'm seeing with this Daphne being way too into puppets thing. The joke seems a little forced.
I wonder if Velma is going to be the Show's "Meg."

I get the feeling they're dialing Daphne back down to the WHACKY/weak rich girl and Fred's half competent and isn't just a trap savant to go back to its old mediocre roots. AKA a full poo poo circle.

Crabtree fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Oct 5, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Crabtree posted:

So is that replacing new Thursdays or just a this week only so they can sucker people into catching the total drama finale?

I think they're back to doing week long new episode bombs of different series again.

Leximancer
Oct 24, 2010

axleblaze posted:

Oh good, I was a little worried after the last one got canceled.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Gaunab posted:

The only thing I remember about the first movie was a scene inside the Mystery Machine where it's angled so that it looks like Scooby and Shaggy are smoking weed behind a wall. Then it cuts to them cooking something.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Y-Hat posted:

The only thing I remember about the first movie was a scene inside the Mystery Machine where it's angled so that it looks like Scooby and Shaggy are smoking weed behind a wall. Then it cuts to them cooking something.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LXU46Z4FvUI

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

I didn't even know there was a second live action Scooby Doo movie, was it any good?

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Take a guess

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

frank.club posted:

Take a guess

Yeah, I just looked it up and the description sounds even worse than the first one. Apparently there were 4 live-action Scooby Doo films: two theatrical releases(with a third in production and set for a September 2018 release) and two made for TV movies.

Larryb fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Oct 6, 2015

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
So did anyone actually watch the new Scooby Doo?

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

axleblaze posted:

I did, all I can really say is that it's average, nothing terrible, but nothing great either.

Edit: Wait I just remembered the opening was terrible, starting with a joke that wasn't funny to begin with and it kept going on and on making it obnoxious.

Electric Phantasm fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Oct 6, 2015

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Larryb posted:

Yeah, I just looked it up and the description sounds even worse than the first one. Apparently there were 4 live-action Scooby Doo films: two theatrical releases(with a third in production and set for a September 2018 release) and two made for TV movies.

The two made for TV ones are their own thing and were okay, apparently it was going to lead into it's own TV show but then Cartoon Network decided to stop doing Live Action stuff and canned it, which might be why MI got such a cold treatment by the network

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

axleblaze posted:

I still don't understand why Don Knotts was the sheriff of that abandoned mine.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook
Was the made for TV movie the one where they spend the entire movie playing up a Shaggy/Velma romance, and then have them awkwardly kiss and announce it felt weird and there was absolutely no chemistry between them?

Because that was the weirdest subplot.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Giving Be Cool a go and four minutes in I think I'd watch this if it was on tv while I wasn't doing much else, jokes so far are pretty 50% 50% on lame or getting a chuckle out of me. Art style is horrible, but other than that the show seems to be a Fairly Sorta Okay Comedy, which isn't the worst you can get out of Scooby Doo.

Oh god this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen but I love the vending machine "chase" scene

MorningMoon fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Oct 6, 2015

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Jsor posted:

Was the made for TV movie the one where they spend the entire movie playing up a Shaggy/Velma romance, and then have them awkwardly kiss and announce it felt weird and there was absolutely no chemistry between them?

Because that was the weirdest subplot.
I couldn't tell you, but wasn't there a kinda-sorta thing between Shaggy and Velma in Mystery Inc.? I didn't watch that but I remember people talking about it, probably in this thread a while back.

Linear Zoetrope
Nov 28, 2011

A hero must cook

Y-Hat posted:

I couldn't tell you, but wasn't there a kinda-sorta thing between Shaggy and Velma in Mystery Inc.? I didn't watch that but I remember people talking about it, probably in this thread a while back.

No, the thing I'm talking about is live action. I remember that in the few episodes I saw of Mystery Inc. I actually think whatever movie I saw and that were airing around the same time, because I remember my girlfriend at the time and I wondering if the movie was taking the piss out of the show.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Has Be Cool Scooby Doo done the thing where they all chase each other through a hallway full of doors?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Yes, and then she goes lesbian.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe
So I just turned on the TV and saw most of an episode of Be Cool Scooby Do. Are we sure that neither Seth McFarline or Tim Buckley have anything to do with this project? Because it's starting to weird me out.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

raditts posted:

He does Soundwave in pretty much everything as well.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Frank Welker is every character forever.

eatenmyeyes
Mar 29, 2001

Grimey Drawer
The Routine deserves an Emmy. (The last time I said that, I was talking about the season premiere of Rick and Morty.)

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe
Wakfu's Kickstarter OVA's are now up on Netflix, they finally put a timeframe on how long the story takes place over time.

readingatwork
Jan 8, 2009

Hello Fatty!

Fun Shoe

Neo Helbeast posted:

Wakfu's Kickstarter OVA's are now up on Netflix, they finally put a timeframe on how long the story takes place over time.

Are they available in French or are we stuck with the English dub? This is very important.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleTech
Jun 6, 2010

Is this easy mode?
Fun Shoe

readingatwork posted:

Are they available in French or are we stuck with the English dub? This is very important.

Both.