Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8BwwplbaM8

Basically wraps up what SC was supposed to be.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

drat Descent looks fun and reminds me of the original.

I'll probably pick it up when it's done.

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU
4,000 new posts in just a few days. :psypop:

I have given up trying to keep up with this thread. I am but a mortal man, not some beer-worshipping space Ork. Someone please summarize the last 100 pages, tia.

Sky Shadowing
Feb 13, 2012

At least we're not the Thalmor (yet)

All we'll get is CIG screaming "don't look at us like that, we'll TOTALLY sue you!", backing down the moment everyone calls their bluff, but still convincing their unenlightened mass of #notacult members that 'EVERYTHING'S OK GUYS, THE MONEY'S ALL HERE AND NOT BEING EMBEZZLED' while the leaks get more and more numerous until all that's left is Chris Roberts standing atop the sinking ship screaming 'GIVE ME MORE MONEY PLEASE!'.

Full Metal Boxers posted:

I have given up trying to keep up with this thread. I am but a mortal man, not some beer-worshipping space Ork. Someone please summarize the last 100 pages, tia.

Escapist posts that bad things are happening with Star Citizen. Immediately gets former and current employees spilling the beans on what's going on, from embezzlement to racism to angry racist wife mocking people with legitimate HR complaints. Roberts posts a really angry letter refuting the claims and attacking the sources and Escapist as being liars. Escapist explains how they vetted their sources, CIG says 'APOLOGIZE by THIS TIME or WE'LL SUE YOU'. Escapist calls the bluff.

Sky Shadowing fucked around with this message at 03:12 on Oct 6, 2015

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

The house of cards is about to fall.

Sankis
Mar 8, 2004

But I remember the fella who told me. Big lad. Arms as thick as oak trees, a stunning collection of scars, nice eye patch. A REAL therapist he was. Er wait. Maybe it was rapist?

Skoll posted:

Kinda funny how the Descent guys who broke away from CIG already have a working game up that looks pretty smooth and fun.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gql1zCE_Gq8

I know nothing about that wingman guy or his history with CIG but I've seen maybe five minutes from his past weekly shows and he seems so much more charismatic and enthusiastic than Chris Roberts. Chris Roberts seems very robotic. Everytime I see Chris Roberts talk it feels like it's his first time speaking.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

This will always be the correct response to that request:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

REFUND EDIT: After their initial response to my refund request last Saturday saying "sure, no problem", CIG has retreated deep into "we're super busy" form-letter dithering for the last week. I sent back a response asking for even more poo poo to get refunded, since I realized there were a few more things I could dump. Let's see how long they can stall on this... Although if it gets much closer to Citizen Con, I may go to my bank and start the charge-back process. This feels less and less like being swamped, and more and more like deliberate stalling. :argh:

Goredema fucked around with this message at 03:16 on Oct 6, 2015

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Sankis posted:

I know nothing about that wingman guy or his history with CIG but I've seen maybe five minutes from his past weekly shows and he seems so much more charismatic and enthusiastic than Chris Roberts. Chris Roberts seems very robotic. Everytime I see Chris Roberts talk it feels like it's his first time speaking.

i always feel way better seeing a nerdy dude excited about his nerdy video game project vs. some guy trying to be the steve jobs of video games

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

OhDearGodNo posted:

The house of cards is about to fall.

The house of cards has been "about to fall" for the last year and a half. :colbert:

Or is there ACTUALLY a dick wolf, this time?

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

The house of cards has been "about to fall" for the last year and a half. :colbert:

Or is there ACTUALLY a dick wolf, this time?

I wouldn't say we're burning up yet.

But someone is definitely saying hot repeatedly.

Exposure
Apr 4, 2014

Onmi posted:

How is it being weird, I'm directly comparing one story to another and the major differences between them.

Because it comes off as having far more to do with the great internet slapfight than the Star Citizen drama?

I mean, we laughed at Chris Roberts mentioning the slapfight in his rant for a reason.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Required reading,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/video-games/features/14715-CIG-Employees-Talk-Star-Citizen-and-the-State-of-the-Company
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...and-retraction/
https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14979-Chairmans-Response-To-The-Escapist

It went Escapist article hey ah your employees say you blew all your cash, the game is a coke dream, and Sandi doesnt like bush. Chris replies with scathing I hate DS / GG. Escapist doubles down with a podcast. Ortwin the Space Lawyer jumps into spit dribble threatens Space Court. 24 hours passed Escapist says gently caress your couch.

DS dances around lighting fires

bres0048 fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Oct 6, 2015

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Exposure posted:

Because it comes off as having far more to do with the great internet slapfight than the Star Citizen drama?

I mean, we laughed at Chris Roberts mentioning the slapfight in his rant for a reason.

But that's not why I'm bringing it up, I'm bringing it up because it has parallels to the same situation going on with Star Citizen. If you want to make it about a slapfight or whatever that's on you.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Shala posted:

I wouldn't say we're burning up yet.

But someone is definitely saying hot repeatedly.

we're at the part in that video where the viewers are making the streamer's hatsune miku text-to-voice thing notify him that there's a huge trash fire right over his shoulder

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

So this is the fabled thread where people gently caress dogs and cum in them.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Goredema posted:

This will always be the correct response to that request:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGRsEF953n0

REFUND EDIT: After their initial response to my refund request last Saturday saying "sure, no problem", CIG has retreated deep into "we're super busy" form-letter dithering for the last week. I sent back a response asking for even more poo poo to get refunded, since I realized there were a few more things I could dump. Let's see how long they can stall on this... Although if it gets much closer to Citizen Con, I may go to my bank and start the charge-back process. This feels less and less like being swamped, and more and more like deliberate stalling. :argh:

Call your bank.

SirPhoebos fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Oct 6, 2015

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!
I spent most of my evening trying to desperately catch up to this thread. The ordeal has been hard on my body and soul as I haven't laughed so hard in a long time. Just when I think things can't get any worse better, something absolutely incredible, dare I say magical happens... I'm proud to be here with you all during this historic moment.

EDIT: 7 new posts have appeared in the time it took me to write 4 sentences. :eyepop:

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

OhDearGodNo posted:

drat Descent looks fun and reminds me of the original.

It looks spot-on, but it's multiplayer only. Descent DM was fun at the time but this isn't 1997 anymore.

They need some crazy interesting game modes to make that have any sticking power.

megane
Jun 20, 2008

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

no_recall posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8BwwplbaM8

Basically wraps up what SC was supposed to be.

This actually looks really fun. What's the horrible catch?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

So close to a realization.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Dusty Lens posted:

It was pretty fun were people were unironically enthusiastic about the game.

As if goons weren't

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Zeike posted:

As if goons weren't

In that context I also meant goons when I said people.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Dusty Lens posted:

In that context I also meant goons when I said people.

Don't be stupid, goons aren't people.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

CodfishCartographer posted:

It'll make you forget the dream of Star Citizen. Beware of conversion.

Early access, and has some bugs. Cheap.

Goblin
Jun 5, 2003

code:
ftp> put babybambino.jpg
ftp> del gravybaby.png
ftp> del gravybaby2.png
ftp> del gravybaby3.png
ftp> del gravybaby4.png
ftp> del gravybaby5.png
ftp> del gravybaby6.png
ftp> del gravybaby7.png
ftp> del gravybaby8.png
ftp> bye
Lipstick Apathy

CodfishCartographer posted:

It's in an alpha state and really rough at the moment, I ended up refunding it on Steam but it does show potential for the future with a lotta work.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

net cafe scandal posted:

Welcome home

Aug 26, 2006

The Magic Number

College Slice

Darkpriest667
Feb 2, 2015

I'm sorry I impugned
your cocksmanship.

no_recall posted:

It'll make you forget the dream of Star Citizen. Beware of conversion.

Early access, and has some bugs. Cheap.

You've convinced me.. I've downloaded it.. The catch is, that it's actually a game unlike Star Citizen.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

implying they've not always been a cult.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

there will be a singple player campaign iirc.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

EminusSleepus posted:

there will be a singple player campaign iirc.

In a game of pretend anything can happen

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Anybody more knowledgeable than me know what they're likely to show off at Citizen Con? I'm guessing a trailer or demo of SQ42 and maybe some more fake release dates and a special ship JPEG deal.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes
Do they realize the irony of calling it citizen con?

Crazyeyes24
Sep 14, 2014

Your good vision is your fatal weakness!
Seems like the big reveal at this year's CitizenCon is just going to be the con part...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
It will be glorious.

• Locked thread