Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Space-Pope
Aug 13, 2003

by zen death robot

Bhodi posted:

the daily mail is by far the most popular UK newspaper with 23m readers a month and they completely make up stories wholesale

the sun has 13m and they do zero fact checking

shocking: island of violent slack-jawed idiots can't do simple poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
lol if you think the us is any better

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

Bhodi posted:

lol if you think the us is any better

lol if you think anywhere is good, its just more fun to pick on the new large country

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug

Space-Pope posted:

shocking: island of violent slack-jawed idiots can't do simple poo poo
oh this is the games thread, cool

spope it's bota time get in mumble

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Bhodi posted:

the daily mail is by far the most popular UK newspaper with 23m readers a month and they completely make up stories wholesale

the sun has 13m and they do zero fact checking

yes but it turns out people are stupid and have always been stupid and will always be stupid

hence the video games thread

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
i kind of want to collect all the riddler trophies while I'm home sick from work tomorrow but arkham knight makes it a pain in the rear end to add them to your map

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Notorious QIG posted:

the pvp is halo with more gun variety though :confused:

yeah exactly, it's extremely slow and floaty with the added gently caress you of dumb rng grinds to get decent stuff to be competitive.

also some of the worst lag compensation of all time, even with great ping there's a huge delay on every action. i've never seen so many simultaneous kills in a game before.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Blackula69 posted:

oh right because the writer is dumb as gently caress

still you'd expect a gator to behave more ethically

Necronomoticon
Aug 14, 2007

Millennial 80's business guy

Squeezy Farm posted:

the content everyone loves is the gauntlet of bullet sponge bosses and jumping puzzles they call a raid?

whenever i hear see someone talk about the content it's some variation of "shoot aliens with friends from point a to point b and hold down square at point b, whatevs" like some sort of admission that the game is boring, but it's okay to have low standards.

Necronomoticon fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Oct 6, 2015

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

lol, hats in destiny

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

Pinterest Mom posted:

lol, hats in destiny

oh no not :gonk: optional cosmetic dlc :gonk:

Liver Disaster
Mar 31, 2012

no more tears

i only play deep meaningful multiplayer like dota or counter strike

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Squeezy Farm posted:

diggy diggy diggy hole

je1 healthcare
Sep 29, 2015

Pinterest Mom posted:

still you'd expect a gator to behave more ethically

Ironically, she had back off and insist on being "neutral" about gamergate after getting doxed about 10 months ago. No idea which side did it though

je1 healthcare fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Oct 6, 2015

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Liver Disaster posted:

i only play deep meaningful multiplayer like dota or counter strike

it's insane to not include at the very least cosmetic dlc in a modern game

even if you don't believe in dlc, cosmetic items are like printing money with no actual impact on the core mechanics if you don't want it

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PipeRifle posted:

except isn't it more like battlefield where people who have played longer or bought DLC have gear or a skill set that is objectively better than other gear? I'm actually asking because I don't know

That's why I liked Halo MP, it was literally everyone was the same and you tussled over the weapons on the map. Then they started changing poo poo and adding loadouts and you can start with a battle rifle and I dunno
In normal PVP item levels are normalized so you can use pretty much whatever weapon or armor you want.

pseudorandom name
May 6, 2007

real money FOB insurance

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

je1 healthcare posted:

Ironically, she had back off and insist on being "neutral" about gamergate after getting doxed about 10 months ago. No idea which side did it though

welcome to yospos. rule number one: stfu about gamergate nobody cares

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008
gamersgate owns they have valkyria chronicles for like 5 bukkos its real anime but its kinda fun if u want tanks to work though you have to like turn ur fps down to 30 because physics

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice
its funny that yosposters compulsive need to pick sides in pointless internet fights is now forcing them to choose between gamergate and star citizen, like some massive sperg civil war

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lq0OipcEofw

havent heard a peep
May 29, 2003

When Steve Jobs died it wasn't the first job I'd lost that week.

Korean Boomhauer posted:

gamersgate owns they have valkyria chronicles for like 5 bukkos its real anime but its kinda fun if u want tanks to work though you have to like turn ur fps down to 30 because physics

read up in the steam discussion and it looks like they fixed that in february 2015?

Korean Boomhauer
Sep 4, 2008

liquidfire posted:

read up in the steam discussion and it looks like they fixed that in february 2015?

i havent played it since then that would own if they patched it

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

quote:

Bungie’s shooter Destiny is to shortly begin offering microtransactions to players.

As of Tuesday October 13th NPC vendor Tess Everis will return fronting an organisation known as the Eververse Trading Company. To begin with 18 new emotes will be available for an as of yet unspecified price.

Items can be purchased using a new in-game currency called Silver. That can be obtained for real cash via either PSN or Xbox Live.

The developer, however, has been keen to stress that there are no ‘pay-to-win’ items up for grabs and that any items offered by Tess in the future will be purely cosmetic.

“Like the trio of emotes offered via The Taken King Collector’s Edition, these emotes are completely optional, and won’t impact the action game in any way,” Bungie said. “If you’re not interested in what Tess has to offer, you won’t ever be forced to pluck an item off of her shelf. [...] "If you’re still sceptical, you can log in next week and take a look for yourself. We’ll be dropping some free Silver into your account so you can purchase an emote or two and become legend through the power of dance.”

first hit's on the house

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I couldnt stop thinking about this so welp.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.

liquidfire posted:

I played it sometime this summer and they did not fix it
If you play at 144FPS some missions are literally impossible because as your FPS rises, so does the fire rate of enemies outside their turn. I was trying to play a mission where the guides say "just run for it!" and getting immediately gunned down, over and over.
Tank physics might have been fixed but you still need to play at 30FPS. I didn't thoroughly test 60 but I think it's hosed in the same way

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

SynthOrange posted:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

lol if u didn't take mgs5 and put it directly into the trash after missions 46 and 150

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

bump_fn posted:

lol if u didn't take mgs5 and put it directly into the trash after missions 46 and 150

Put yourself in the trash, dumbass.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Put yourself in the trash, dumbass.

sorry, I'm not going to start playing destiny

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

SynthOrange posted:

Katana Gomai
Jan 14, 2007

"Thus," concluded Miyamoto, "you must give up everything you have to be my disciple."

i'd let her unzip my tactical advantage iykwim :heysexy:

scamtank
Feb 24, 2011

my desire to just be a FUCKING IDIOT all day long is rapidly overtaking my ability to FUNCTION

i suspect that means i'm MENTALLY ILL

i cant remember seeing these "8 days real time" online outer ops in the list before

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

:sigh:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

scamtank posted:

i cant remember seeing these "8 days real time" online outer ops in the list before

they were added in today's patch

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

Katana Gomai posted:

i'd let her unzip my tactical advantage iykwim :heysexy:

how would you unzip autism

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

scamtank posted:

they added some new weapons & outer ops

quiggy
Aug 7, 2010

[in Russian] Oof.

lolling

quote:

Should you have a penchant for player-plundering performance, though, the update now allows you to infiltrate rival player’s FOBs without leaving a trace. Assuming you’ve got the cunning and sneaking prowess to avoid detection – and refrain from killing or extracting staff and/or damaging or extracting containers and equipment – you can now see out FOB missions without rival players being notified at all.

Other notable highlights the update adds are: new weapons and items, the specifics of which are yet to be confirmed, which can be upgraded to Grade 7, a new maximum level; night vision equipment for your security team staff; a broader, more varied range of Combat Deployment missions; and detailed breakdowns within the results screens of FOB missions.

If paying for progress is your thing, “MB coins” could previously be purchased for real money and can be used to buy things for your base, including the new FOB insurance service that’ll cover you for anything Jenny Bloggs manages to get her hands on. Also, if you feel FOB-building is taking too long you can use MBs to reduce construction times. Given the nature of FOB leaderboards, this sounds like it might stretch a little too far into pay-to-win territory.

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2015/10/06/mgsv-the-phantom-pain-insurance/#more-319441

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

the no trace thing was already in there for a while I thought

lol at the mb coins; they just need to add an option to watch a video to earn free mb coins to hit it out of the park

• Locked thread