Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
here let me get mad about some completely irrelevant issue so i can score some progressive points from my social media followers

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

But was it worth linking?

Was it?

look i know you'd wet your panties because it's infowars but otoh

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

Kalikka kalahtaa

and also it's an ad hominem to dismiss all their claims just because it's infowars

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

http:\\link_to_those_two_people_who_shit_their_pants_on_the_bus_or_maybe_didn't_who_knows.url.webnet

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Nauta posted:

look i know you'd wet your panties because it's infowars but otoh

and also it's an ad hominem to dismiss all their claims just because it's infowars

kaikki uutismedia on mennyt murdochin tasolle näinä päivinä

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Vasemmistoliitto is a loving magnet for insufferable young people who have something to prove and have literally never worked a day in their lives*. This isn't great if you want the working class to vote for you.

*) But hey at least they're not literal fascists like Kokoomus Jugend.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

You're very dumb. I actually agree with you about the state of modern progressivism, but that article is even less useful than uutisointi about how much some-Persus hate immigrants or whatever. I think Obama is bad, but I don't find about it on Fox News (and that's overstating InfoWars' journalistic value).

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
:qq:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur didn't post anything :confused:

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Nauta posted:

yeah. it's not a workers' movement anymore by any metric though but rather this poo poo:

I don't know what that is.

But the Left Party... err Alliance IS a worker's party for the two reasons that it's base support is still "rasvaperseduunari" working class types, but that kind of demographic is incredibly fragmented today. And the second reason is that well educated city dwellers ARE the new working class to some extent. They all work in the service industry or poorly paid professional jobs.

And if you think about it that way, the Left Alliance has things pretty good compared to the Social Democrats. They're hurting bad from having represented baby boomers who worked in factories. They've retired and you can really see it in the party's support. There's also been lots of runoff to True Finns. Some of that support might come back to them and revive the party for a while but unless they get their poo poo together, they are doomed.

So if you look at the parties on the left, and include the Greens, LA and them have the future ahead of them whereas SDP has no future.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Puistokemisti posted:

It teaches you to call white people good and beautiful and black people ugly and evil. Then it calls you racist.

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Arab Muslims compared to Other People." What the gently caress. I personally suggest identity politic meters like this are strongly and automatically not preferred by me.

for the nth time it looks like the asylum seeking process is used for regular migration, and people have been fed total bullshit about the magical land of plenty in the Nordics SYRIAN CHILDREN ESCAPING BARREL BOMBS FROM TOTAL COMBAT WARZONE

It's really disturbing even this center-right government is paralyzed enough not to simply close the western border because international reputation or something. We could erect a wall over there and nobody that matters, i.e. any international trading partners we have left, would give a poo poo. Some feminist left-wing, tinfoil hat wearing former communist turned multiculturalist from Sweden, screaming at the next Euro parliament summit about "solidarity", doesn't affect us in any way except cause a short lived cold sweat in the veteran SDP wing because they fear for their personal reputation. It would be the simplest thing ever to tell policemen to stand on the border, and ask why someone is coming over. If it's seeking asylum, well, you are in Sweden. You are quite safe already and Swedes want more asylum seekers anyway because it enriches their minds. But we can register you anyway, and after waiting in a processing center for 6 months, return you to Sweden according to the Dublin agreement. That would insta-stop most asylum seekin' by next week. Crisis over. If everyone did this, the people going about their lives in Iraq would not bother leaving in the first place.

But nah. Our customs are more occupied by the case of people bringing in too much snus. Meanwhile Sipilä's gesture to offer his home to Syrian, wait, Somali, no wait, Alba... no, wait Iraqi asylum seekers escaping the tortures Sweden, Denmark, Germany, Austria, Hungary, Serbia, Macedonia and Greece offer them got like 4% plus votes and 96% "gently caress you, man" votes on a poll.

I wonder how long this ridiculous circus can continue until something gives. But it's clear it will cost us billions and billions of euros even if it ended tomorrow.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

this center-right government

It's actually just a right government, hope this helps :tipshat:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Oldsmobile posted:

But the Left Party... err Alliance IS a worker's party for the two reasons that it's base support is still "rasvaperseduunari" working class types, but that kind of demographic is incredibly fragmented today. And the second reason is that well educated city dwellers ARE the new working class to some extent. They all work in the service industry or poorly paid professional jobs.

lol no

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Ligur posted:

"Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Arab Muslims compared to Other People." What the gently caress. I personally suggest identity politic meters like this are strongly and automatically not preferred by me.

So the truth comes out. Much like homophobes being in closet, Ligur's :hitler: clearly stems from his repressed love of swarthy muscled hairy young men.

Ligur's it's ok to love musta makkara, we won't judge you.

If you come out in ScanPol thread, maybe they will finally accept you as one of their own.

Kemper Boyd
Aug 6, 2007

no kings, no gods, no masters but a comfy chair and no socks

Oldsmobile posted:

And if you think about it that way, the Left Alliance has things pretty good compared to the Social Democrats. They're hurting bad from having represented baby boomers who worked in factories. They've retired and you can really see it in the party's support. There's also been lots of runoff to True Finns. Some of that support might come back to them and revive the party for a while but unless they get their poo poo together, they are doomed.

Smarty Man Mélenchon (this might be the tenth time I post this same thing maybe) has talked about how social democracy failed post-1991, primarily due to the fact that the neoliberals co-opted the language of internationalism for globalization. What with the EU and an actual European job market, unions remained national institutions unable to cope with a globalized world, which effectively destroyed the social democratic parties as a movement.

The major I Hate My Parents Generation shift in this age has been that the things your parents told you are no longer true. They grew up in a far more stable society where a degree was a guarantee for a steady job, and even if you wouldn't have a degree because you were born as a rasvaperseduunari, you could find a job in the industrial sector. The industrial sector, especially out in the sticks, died in the nineties (there was a lot of small-scale textile industry in Finland, for example, which is gone now) so the working class migrates to the cities to work in the service industry, with far worse wages and far more expensive housing than pre-1991. Beyond that, even those with a degree can't count on steady work in any sector. Like I might graduate next year and the possibility of me getting a steady job for the govt or the municipality is less than zero.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Ligur posted:

What the gently caress is this bullshit? At least it has nothing to do with Finland or anything related.

Puistokemisti posted:

It teaches you to call white people good and beautiful and black people ugly and evil. Then it calls you racist.

It's a well-known set of implicit-association tests run by a research group in Harvard. It basically measures your response speed and error rate while you're told to sort two different kinds of things (for example people's faces and English adjectives) to two categories (for example black/white and positive/negative) using the e and i keys. The test goes through both possible pairings and their order is chosen randomly. You're supposed to do the sorting as fast as possible to make conscious decision-making (and faking) harder.

If the test says you have a preference for, say, white people, it means that you are faster to associate white people faces with good words, and black people faces with bad words, than vice versa.
What makes it cool is that it's extremely simple to adminster and yet has a decent consistency and test-retest reliability.

It'd be even better if it were fully in your native tongue, but you gotta work with what you have.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008
In short,

Herman Merman posted:

Ligur plz go to this site, take one of the IATs related to black people, and post the results itt

Oldsmobile
Jun 13, 2006

Puistokemisti posted:

Ligur's it's ok to love musta makkara, we won't judge you.

Hahaha. Ligur's love for muscular young arab boys must be a gene passed down from his relative, C.G.E. Mannerheim.

Kemper Boyd posted:

The industrial sector, especially out in the sticks, died in the nineties (there was a lot of small-scale textile industry in Finland, for example, which is gone now) so the working class migrates to the cities to work in the service industry, with far worse wages and far more expensive housing than pre-1991. Beyond that, even those with a degree can't count on steady work in any sector. Like I might graduate next year and the possibility of me getting a steady job for the govt or the municipality is less than zero.

Yeah, this. The demographics of Finland are completely different from how parties present themselves. When baby boomers tart to die out we're getting a completely different set of parties running this country.

LA might fail miserably, but it's got hope. SDP might get their poo poo together, but there is no hope.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
This "integration" scheme making rounds is so awesome someone should bother translating it.

The left part is for asylum seekers, the right is for their family "re-unified" relatives. It tells how they are processed into Finnish society. It lists several taxpayer subsidized steps with which we supposedly integrate immigrants to build Glorious Land of Finland to final, multicultural success and kumbayah.

In both cases the last step is "customer moves to social services".

Puistokemisti posted:

So the truth comes out. Much like homophobes being in closet, Ligur's :hitler: clearly stems from his repressed love of swarthy muscled hairy young men.

It should not come as a surprise to anyone who has properly stalked my post history: I love being wrestled into submission by sweaty, burly (and preferably hairy) men.

quote:

If you come out in ScanPol thread, maybe they will finally accept you as one of their own.

However I do not believe anything like "being wrestled" is included in their vocabulary. What is naistutkimus in English?

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.

Kemper Boyd posted:

Smarty Man Mélenchon (this might be the tenth time I post this same thing maybe) has talked about how social democracy failed post-1991, primarily due to the fact that the neoliberals co-opted the language of internationalism for globalization. What with the EU and an actual European job market, unions remained national institutions unable to cope with a globalized world, which effectively destroyed the social democratic parties as a movement.

The major I Hate My Parents Generation shift in this age has been that the things your parents told you are no longer true. They grew up in a far more stable society where a degree was a guarantee for a steady job, and even if you wouldn't have a degree because you were born as a rasvaperseduunari, you could find a job in the industrial sector. The industrial sector, especially out in the sticks, died in the nineties (there was a lot of small-scale textile industry in Finland, for example, which is gone now) so the working class migrates to the cities to work in the service industry, with far worse wages and far more expensive housing than pre-1991. Beyond that, even those with a degree can't count on steady work in any sector. Like I might graduate next year and the possibility of me getting a steady job for the govt or the municipality is less than zero.

I can see the appeal of suicide.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Ligur posted:

What is naistutkimus in English?

"Die Cis Scum"

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Ligur posted:

However I do not believe anything like "being wrestled" is included in their vocabulary. What is naistutkimus in English?

It's gender studies nowadays since we're all equal, don't you know? This is also true suomeksi, katso esim. tuolta. They've got some deeppiä shittiä in there, e.g.

Veronmaksajan rahat posted:

Harjoitamme tieteenalarajat ylittävää tutkimusta erityisesti kulttuurin ja yhteiskunnan tutkimuksen rajapinnoilla. Tällä hetkellä teemme tutkimusta seuraavilla kentillä: feministinen filosofia, teoria ja ajattelu; sukupuolen ja politiikan tutkimus; feministinen kulttuurintutkimus; ja feministiset metodologiat. Oppiaineen tutkijoita kiinnostavia teemoja ovat mm. intersektionaalisuus, queer-tutkimus, käsitehistoria, globaalin ja lokaalin kohtauspisteet, ja organisaatioiden ja johtamisen tutkimus.

:D

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Herman Merman posted:

It's a well-known set of implicit-association tests run by a research group in Harvard.

this is irrelevant, you're trying to appeal to authority. george w. bush is also well-known and he went to harvard.

quote:

It basically measures your response speed and error rate while you're told to sort two different kinds of things (for example people's faces and English adjectives) to two categories (for example black/white and positive/negative) using the e and i keys. The test goes through both possible pairings and their order is chosen randomly. You're supposed to do the sorting as fast as possible to make conscious decision-making (and faking) harder.

If the test says you have a preference for, say, white people, it means that you are faster to associate white people faces with good words, and black people faces with bad words, than vice versa.
What makes it cool is that it's extremely simple to adminster and yet has a decent consistency and test-retest reliability.

It'd be even better if it were fully in your native tongue, but you gotta work with what you have.

i wonder if the results would be different if the first set of faces and positives were black/positive white/negative instead of the other way around

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Nauta posted:

i wonder if the results would be different if the first set of faces and positives were black/positive white/negative instead of the other way around

There may be a slight effect, therefore the pairing is randomized. Take the test several times over the course of a few days and average the results.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Herman Merman posted:

There may be a slight effect, therefore the pairing is randomized. Take the test several times over the course of a few days and average the results.

sure thing rainman

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Puistokemisti posted:

"Die Cis Scum"

I friend of mine recently visited a 80% white, liberal college town in USA, home of the free. He is also white and wears stuff like dress shirts and maihinnousukengät.

Liberal 20 something college students actually harassed him on the street, accusing him of being a "cis-hetero agent of the patriarchy" and a "fascist", shaking their fists. (Being a normal person, he, of course, did not mind but found it amusing.)

Next level identity politics, anyway, very progressive! Finland always comes a little (or more) behind, I wonder when we get to that point. It would please Jari Tervo and Tiina Rosenberg and all the unibrows in this thread who think they are awesome for challenging the fascist patriarchy of populist nationalist-racist-cis-hetero folks and other roskaväki.

Herman Merman posted:

Just to be sure.

Are you actually being serious about that test thing here?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

I friend of mine recently visited a 80% white, liberal college town in USA, home of the free. He is also white and wears stuff like dress shirts and maihinnousukengät.

Liberal 20 something college students actually harassed him on the street, accusing him of being a "cis-hetero agent of the patriarchy" and a "fascist", shaking their fists. (Being a normal person, he, of course, did not mind but found it amusing.

This totally happened.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Andrast posted:

This totally happened.

At least the liberal got it right.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Andrast posted:

This totally happened.

Why do you think someone would make up something like that, to tell completely random people on the internet?

ninja edit: sorry, forgot, it's D&D where people just do not believe stuff they don't like that morning ja sillä selvä

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Why do you think someone would make up something like that, to tell completely random people on the internet?

ninja edit: sorry, forgot, it's D&D where people just do not believe stuff they don't like that morning ja sillä selvä

Nobody has ever made up stuff on the internet.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

Andrast posted:

This totally happened.

Only reason I don't believe it happened is because people like that don't dare to leave their homes, much less shout at random people at streets.

Colleges are shelters of magical butterflies that would never survive anywhere outside them, tho.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Well the story is false because all Ligur's friends are strawmen he's imagined.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
Anyone able to point me a source detailing what cuts were done in the 1990's? All I can find out is just the total number of money being cut, nothing that would allow one to compare it to the current ones. It seems weird that in my lifetime we actually had a situation that wasn't precisely equivalent but as close to it one can get, with results that have been observable for the past 25 years, and nobody is making comparisons or predictions based on that. Even if us having our own currency played a part, that could not have been a miracle pill by itself. And it was done mostly by horrible leftgreenliberals too. It seems like it would be a bit relevant in analyzing the effects and potential results of the current cuts.

Jerry Cotton posted:

Well the story is false because all Ligur's friends are strawmen he's imagined.

Also his enemies.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Puistokemisti posted:

Only reason I don't believe it happened is because people like that don't dare to leave their homes, much less shout at random people at streets.

Colleges are shelters of magical butterflies that would never survive anywhere outside them, tho.

Hey there. The same people who rage about identity politics on the internet are often on the street, demonstrating about this and that social wrong or social justice issue in American college towns.

That it doesn't really happen here doesn't mean it doesn't happen there.

Andrast posted:

Nobody has ever made up stuff on the internet.

Let's put it like this: why do you imagine I see a "cis gender" reference, and suddenly go on to fabricate a story like that out of the blue, to write here? What do you think I would get out of it, why the gently caress would I do that?

It's actually an interesting pathology here. If I post amusing anecdotes from the life outside, D&D posters often simply do not believe them because it didn't happen to them personally. Hence, it can happen to no one else. Getting out from your parents basement on occasion probably helps with this strange issue.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

Hey there. The same people who rage about identity politics on the internet are often on the street, demonstrating about this and that social wrong or social justice issue in American college towns.

That it doesn't really happen here doesn't mean it doesn't happen there.

Let's put it like this: why do you imagine I see a "cis gender" reference, and suddenly go on to fabricate a story like that out of the blue, to write here? What do you think I would get out of it, why the gently caress would I do that?

It's actually an interesting pathology here. If I post amusing anecdotes from the life outside, D&D posters often simply do not believe them because it didn't happen to them personally. Hence, it can happen to no one else. Getting out from your parents basement on occasion probably helps with this strange issue.

Man you get really whiny when people call you out on your made up stories

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011
When Geriatric Pirate stops posting, Nauta steps up to fill the role.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

SnowblindFatal posted:

When Geriatric Pirate stops posting, Nauta steps up to fill the hole.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Ligur is right. We really should do something about this

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

No-one in Finland lives in their parents' basement anyway. As Ligur would know if he ever left his parents' peräkammari.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

SnowblindFatal posted:

When Geriatric Pirate stops posting, Nauta steps up to fill the role.

no u

• Locked thread