Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Doctor Butts posted:

So, uh, whatever happened to all the goons who used to post about all the pretty pictures they paid $200 for in this thread?

Refunds or a noose met their necks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Doctor Butts posted:

So, uh, whatever happened to all the goons who used to post about all the pretty pictures they paid $200 for in this thread?

they're either getting refunded or still vigilantly defending sc because they don't want to believe they've funded a racist and cokeheads personal lifestyles.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Doctor Butts posted:

They got their money back.

Deki
May 12, 2008

It's Hammer Time!

Romes128 posted:

they're either getting refunded or still vigilantly defending sc because they don't want to believe they've funded a racist and cokeheads personal lifestyles.

That's just Octopode though.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Do you have to return the JPEG before they authorize the refund or do you need some kind of proof it was deleted? I mean what's stopping someone from getting a refund and the.n passing it along to his friends???

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Doctor Butts posted:

No goons lost money in this debacle, they all sold their jaypegs for thrice what they paid for them. Careful with these unsubstantiated allegations least Lowtax be forced to call Leonard "J." Crabs.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Do you have to return the JPEG before they authorize the refund or do you need some kind of proof it was deleted? I mean what's stopping someone from getting a refund and the.n passing it along to his friends???

If you melt something you get RSI credits, they can see what pictures you own in your hangar gallery. So that's not going to work.

Eurogamer did a piece on the grey market a while back that's interesting.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

I know thats old, but still oddly relevant.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
mashed, please work your magic.

In other news I got my response for being banned only moments ago. It has been 25 days.

Patrick Probst (Cloud Imperium Games) posted:

Oct 6, 07:47

Greetings USA

Thanks for your mail and the massive amount of patience you have shown us thus far!

Your most recent infraction is for a Rule 3 - trolling or 'posting with the sole intent of getting a rise out of other users' in the following thread:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/5599474/#Comment_5599474

As this is not the first time you had trolled the Goons, it was felt to issue another 30 day probation.

A contributing factor his your long list of similar Rule 1, 2 and 3 (Be good, Keep it Clean, Trolling respectively) infringements.

Granted, some of them are mild, which is why you're on your 2nd 1 month probation - normally a permareview would have occurred already.

I would like to caution you to stop attacking users personally or to bait and troll them. It won't take very much before your account is escalated to me for a permaban review.

Should you have any further questions or require further clarification about any of our rules, let me know.

Regards
Patrick

Customer Service Manager & Lead Moderator
Cloud Imperium Games
Can anyone access that post that was linked? I can't. I'll have to mull over how I'm going to respond.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

AP posted:

Who's Brianna Wu? In 4 words or less please.

Crazy lady/needs attention

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Can anyone access that post that was linked? I can't. I'll have to mull over how I'm going to respond.

Ask him if you can get your day in Space Court with the RSI legal team.

Also your post is in their naughty corner so nobody can see it.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

thatguy posted:

quote:

Something has gone wrong.

We've run into a problem and are unable to handle this request right now.
Please check back in a little while.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Deki posted:

That's just Octopode though.

some australian limp dick was in here too trying to defend it, but he hasn't posted.

octopede though, very insistent that he didn't waste $1500 (he did. there is no game).

Tahirovic
Feb 25, 2009
Fun Shoe
Does E:D have working multiplayer yet so you can actually play with your friends?
And did they fix the retarded manual landings and the whole "someone knocked into you near a station and blew you up" thing?

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Tahirovic posted:

Does E:D have working multiplayer yet so you can actually play with your friends?
And did they fix the retarded manual landings and the whole "someone knocked into you near a station and blew you up" thing?

Move over to this thread for playing MP with goons.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3740324&perpage=40&pagenumber=14#pti3

Landings can be automated if you buy a docking computer (most people don't bother though, manual landings are extremely easy and somewhat satisfying).

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Good morning thread

When does Derek Smart post his bombshell today?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Romes128 posted:

octopede though, very insistent that he didn't waste $1500 (he did. there is no game).

I'd be surprised if Octopede is still in for $1500, that spreadsheet was from 2013, anything bought excluding the Idris P was giftable and everything available then is still worth far more now. I'm not sure how long that's going to stay true for though as I feel a bubble is about to pop.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

thatguy posted:

mashed, please work your magic.

In other news I got my response for being banned only moments ago. It has been 25 days.

You really should stop trolling goons, no wonder they won't let you in their space club.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Good morning thread

He's hit twitter once this morning. So hopefully soon. Today's going to be interesting.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Patrick Probst posted:

Patrick Probst (Cloud Imperium Games) posted:

Oct 6, 07:47

Greetings USA

Thanks for your mail and the massive amount of patience you have shown us thus far!

Your most recent infraction is for a Rule 3 - trolling or 'posting with the sole intent of getting a rise out of other users' in the following thread:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustri...comment

As this is not the first time you had trolled the Goons, it was felt to issue another 30 day probation.

A contributing factor his your long list of similar Rule 1, 2 and 3 (Be good, Keep it Clean, Trolling respectively) infringements.

Granted, some of them are mild, which is why you're on your 2nd 1 month probation - normally a permareview would have occurred already.

I would like to caution you to stop attacking users personally or to bait and troll them. It won't take very much before your account is escalated to me for a permaban review.

Should you have any further questions or require further clarification about any of our rules, let me know.

Regards
Patrick

Customer Service Manager & Lead Moderator
Cloud Imperium Games

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Wafflz posted:

You really should stop trolling goons, no wonder they won't let you in their space club.
I'm a Goonphile. The most disgusting and shameful of the philes.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

AP posted:

It's not really speculation, there's a lot of crossover between the whales and the greymarket, there always has been. RSI moderator fired in that piece.

While pretending to have 'stepped down' and with the parting words of: "I don't have time to waste on petty manchildren!"

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 14:46 on Oct 6, 2015

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Least you didn't get banned for calling a furry trying to initiate his kid into furryism a deviant like I did.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

AP posted:

It's not really speculation, there's a lot of crossover between the whales and the greymarket, there always has been. RSI moderator fired in that piece.

The major whales kept a limited ship wait list secret for over 6 months, then kept the ability to unmelt something a secret for months too. Once normal punters found out about the wait list CIG binned it, once they found out about unmelting they removed the ablity to gift from unmelted.

That was back when I was still doing my thing. The good 'ol days of $5/$10 LTI conversions and rampant sales of LTI ships.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Fried Watermelon posted:

Good morning thread

It feels strange being excited about Derek Smart's next release.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

Dusty Lens posted:

That was back when I was still doing my thing. The good 'ol days of $5/$10 LTI conversions and rampant sales of LTI ships.

Some of the most ardent supporters of SC over on that vote obsessed site are also some of the most active members on the trade sub. They're all invested in more then just wanting a game.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Some of the most ardent supporters of SC over on that vote obsessed site are also some of the most active members on the trade sub. They're all invested in more then just wanting a game.

You don't say. It's almost like SC has been a kind of TF2 hat trading economy. Kind of like people have been buying .jpegs just to up sell them to idiots on the internet.

Startling and disturbing new insights on Star Citizen.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We all know of Star Citizen, but what is this star? Is it morning star, AKA Satan? I say it is a possibility.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

So it's a bubble in the truest sense of the word then.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Doctor Butts posted:

They're in a secret forum with all the people who donated to Doobie's Dog House or developed Zybourne Clock

Also Erectile:Disfunction is kind of crappy. Maybe after a couple of expansions it'll be worth playing but at the moment it's quite boring and grindy. Tons of procedural content but very little of it is worth looking at twice.

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Berious posted:

They're in a secret forum with all the people who donated to Doobie's Dog House or developed Zybourne Clock

Also Erectile:Disfunction is kind of crappy. Maybe after a couple of expansions it'll be worth playing but at the moment it's quite boring and grindy. Tons of procedural content but very little of it is worth looking at twice.
Sure is beautiful exploring the Milky Way though :allears:
http://imgur.com/a/GdPkw/

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Bleh, a space game with space in it. How boring.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Zsinjeh posted:

Sure is beautiful exploring the Milky Way though :allears:
http://imgur.com/a/GdPkw/

Doobies galactic dog house?

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

B_of_InfoRedux posted:

Kevin Dents a real piece of work. He's been working with SC's biggest whale to ensure there's a positive slant on things. We've compiled a good bit on those particular pieces of poo poo.

Please share with the rest of the class.

Also who is Kevin Dent?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Berious posted:

I tried playing Elite Dangerous once on a friends account. I gave up when the landing and docking tutorial didn't work and docking seemed impossible. Game is too try hard for my taste and has too many bugs.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Unfunny Poster posted:

Please share with the rest of the class.

Also who is Kevin Dent?

I believe in Dent.

(I guess he is also a salty guy like Derek, but his tweets are way better.)

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

AP posted:

I'd be surprised if Octopede is still in for $1500, that spreadsheet was from 2013, anything bought excluding the Idris P was giftable and everything available then is still worth far more now. I'm not sure how long that's going to stay true for though as I feel a bubble is about to pop.

Actually, knowing him, I'd be he is in for more than the $1500 now.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
DS is going to reveal all the skeletons in CIG's closet today? :munch:

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Fried Watermelon posted:

Good morning thread

He told me it was on auto-release for 12PM EST/11AM CST.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

no_recall posted:

DS is going to reveal all the skeletons in CIG's closet today? :munch:

Nah...it will probably be a re-hash of what has been happening (in his head at least) this last week.

• Locked thread