Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

please derek release your blog post before this thread goes from gold to brown

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

Szcwczuk posted:

I bet it's another new ship you can buy.

I bet it's a vanduul ship you can buy.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sillybones posted:

I bet it's a vanduul ship you can buy.

does it have a spacedong?

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I bet it's a Vanduul child beating module. $500 for their LTI whip.

imperialparadox
Apr 17, 2012

Don't tell me no one has told the girl she isn't exactly human!

Dante80 posted:

Breaking news. CIG confirmed that stuff are going to be revealed on citcon.

this is serious now.

"Revealed" not released.

CIG: Hey guys, here's a new video of us doing stuff totally in game that you can't do yet, but it will be out in two weeks! In the meantime, the Vanduul Bomber is now on sale for a limited time for the cheap, cheap price of $1000!!! :v:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Szcwczuk posted:

I bet it's another new ship you can buy.

They already said they will be selling a never before seen ship space jpeg.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
They might be announcing they ran out of money and will have to downscale to a mobile game.

edit: Maybe a new stretch goal!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Stop trying to enforce standards in the Star Citizen thread, it's very disconcerting. If the guy want's to talk about physically abusing his own children, who are we to judge?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Dante80 posted:

Breaking news. CIG confirmed that stuff are going to be revealed on citcon.

this is serious now.
Pledge $1000 for stuff! We don't know what it is, or when it is coming, but pledge and you'll get it!

Or maybe dickwulf will be revealing stuff on stage. Pledge for space nudism expansion.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

SneakyFrog posted:

Even the spacedong ship doesn't actually have much a spacedong anymore, according to the leaked build model.

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos
Back on topic, when I asked him earlier about his article this is what he said:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Octopode posted:

Even the spacedong ship doesn't actually have much a spacedong anymore, according to the leaked build jpeg.

Fixed this up for you!

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Octopode posted:

Even the spacedong ship doesn't actually have much a spacedong anymore, according to the leaked build model.

I think the MISC DONG Freelancer is based on Sandi's requirement of a clean shaven genitals

GaussianCopula
Jun 5, 2011
Jews fleeing the Holocaust are not in any way comparable to North Africans, who don't flee genocide but want to enjoy the social welfare systems of Northern Europe.
Why are Star Citizens hyped for RSI to release a shooter based on a shooter engine? To me that looks like a move to keep the crowd happy while they continue to sell jpeg ships.

Maybe they can design special FPS weapons that are only available to people with certain ships?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Stop trying to enforce standards in the Star Citizen thread, it's very disconcerting. If the guy want's to talk about physically abusing his own children, who are we to judge?

I'm pretty sure the standard of the Star Citizen thread is glorious and hilarious, both of which e/n poo poo is not*

* well sometimes it's hilarious but not this.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

SneakyFrog posted:

vandoong

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

imperialparadox posted:

It seems like Frontier and a lot of Elite players aren't really interested in that so much though. I really wish that when you made a character you had to lock yourself to being solo or online instead of being able to switch back and forth, and then I'd like for Frontier to add in the ability to control territory, but I don't know if that would every happen.

Which is a shame really. Since Elite has the whole loving galaxy open for exploration, it seems like there would be space for any organization to exploit, and you wouldn't run into the problems of a player org owning everything of work. Just keep the current political setup but allow players to own systems outside the NPC territories, and then if people were worried about traveling in lawless/goon space they could...just not go there.

Elite has a really good skeleton to it, I just wish that they would flesh the game out more. I guess I really want Elite to be EVE but with flyable ships, though that runs pretty counter to what the Space-Euro-Truck-Sim guys want.

Yeah it's really weird that they have this silly adversarial system where factions can face off each other until someone decides to take their ball home and just play solo. Solo play would make a lot more sense if it had no influence whatsoever on faction play, but that would definitely go against the grain if Elite is full of carebears.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

*quote is not edit

SneakyFrog posted:

In X2 and X3 you can fight the cock, early on you will probably get owned by the cock.

VenusRedux
Oct 5, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

oh for fucks sake. We have other things to watch burn.

LLJKSiLk posted:

Back on topic, when I asked him earlier about his article this is what he said:

excellent

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
"No poo poo, Roberts makes way more money from royalties from a successful game and franchise for the rest of his life. If any part of the allegations were true, it would be that he pushes people too hard, but that's a matter of opinion."

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3npbmf/then_he_smiles_weve_signed_a_fiveyear_contract/

Lochness_Hamster
Sep 27, 2007
https://gaming.youtube.com/watch?v=aYHJY9JZNBA

A real Game developer

Dave Braben (Live)

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Yeah it's really weird that they have this silly adversarial system where factions can face off each other until someone decides to take their ball home and just play solo. Solo play would make a lot more sense if it had no influence whatsoever on faction play, but that would definitely go against the grain if Elite is full of carebears.

Elite is full of carebears.

(this may no longer be the case)

but it is a pretty, relaxing game to be sure.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

I'm pretty sure the standard of the Star Citizen thread is glorious and hilarious, both of which e/n poo poo is not*

* well sometimes it's hilarious but not this.

You sound like someone who's never experienced the pure adrenaline rush of beating your kids.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

SneakyFrog posted:

I've been meaning to acquire space madness for some time. I stopped playing in June after I did the latest community event. Did they ever fix that bug where if you cashed in a community event after a new patch it wiped out everyone else who cashed in and you could get top dollar?

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
If I was CIG/RSI I'd definitely just step up what they've been doing: pre-rendered or at least heavily scripted footage, followed by a release of what's basically a tech demo... but it's software that runs without crashing, so clearly the game will be finished and great.

These idiots are already invested hook, line, and sinker. Just tug that hook.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

SneakyFrog posted:

One thing I do know. A year from now, Elite will be a better game. There's a quiet comfort in knowing that, one which Star Citizen fans may never really know.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I've been meaning to acquire space madness for some time. I stopped playing in June after I did the latest community event. Did they ever fix that bug where if you cashed in a community event after a new patch it wiped out everyone else who cashed in and you could get top dollar?

Heh hell if I know, I got burned out on it when the metagame went off into wannabe eve land.. I spent more time talking on forums and the brown sea than playing. Kermit would know.. he seems to be puttering around in here from time to time.

The new stuff looks neat though, I most likely hook up all the hotas + gadgets when the new expansion drops, just to see.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011
The new stretch goal is to create the original Star Citizen game pitched on KS.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Does anyone know if the FPS module is going to drop with Melee combat included?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I think what would really benefit is if they provided videos that showed what the game is really intended to be. Scripted is fine, but give backers a sense of what CR's vision for SC truly is.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3npwpd/cig_making_questions_about_escapistsforbes_on/

reddit founds about the refund questions.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

quote:

The reason being is that if people are requesting refunds based on the articles they can prove damages as a result of the articles, thus proving libel

fukkin got u escapist!!!!11

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

SneakyFrog posted:

One of my friends got kicked from some Elite group for daring to play EVE Online because "you're a griefer" if you do that.

:psyduck:

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
we can prove you caused damages to our company by attempting to inform consumers of things we didn't want them to figure out on their own

to help the consumers, you thereby damaged our profits. we're in america in 2015, corporate profits trump the consumer's best interest. this is gonna be great.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Unfunny Poster posted:

One of my friends got kicked from some Elite group for daring to play EVE Online because "you're a griefer" if you do that.

:psyduck:

heh mentioning goons did about the same thing.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I sell magic potions, but after a scathing article in the Magic Is Not Real magazine my sales are all-time low. Time to sue the bastards.

Decoy
Jun 3, 2002

spacetoaster posted:

Doesn't that girl on the right, in the blue dress, look familiar?

Wasn't Seraph posting faceless pics of some girl in a blue dress?

What bothers me the most is the RSI logo affixed to the wall. If it were me, I wouldn't be spending other people's money on window dressings while I have yet to release a working product. Small things like this speak to the bigger picture and lend a lot of credence to the allegations of irresponsible spending.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

SneakyFrog posted:

heh mentioning goons did about the same thing.

Goons ruin everything eve was a much better game before goons showed up. They just want to protect ED from becoming a goon infested cesspool.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
on one hand, ostracizing people for who they associate with and which games they play is reprehensible

on the other, from the outside in, the people who play EVE seem to be the absolute worst, particularly goons

drat near every goon I met who was chiefly associated with EVE before other things was kind of a piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
WAS THE ARTICLE RELEASED?
:sludgepal:

• Locked thread