Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nation posted:

piece of poo poo

I know you are, but what am I?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

WAS THE ARTICLE RELEASED?
:sludgepal:
HE SAID IT WOULD BE RELEASED ALREADY.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

thatguy posted:

WHERE'S THE ARTICLE DEREK?

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

thatguy posted:

IS IT OUT NOW?

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

I just realised what Octopode's posting reminds me of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxlvWOqmFs

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Guys, Legal had to delay it. He ate it apparently.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Jon Do posted:

on one hand, ostracizing people for who they associate with and which games they play is reprehensible

on the other, from the outside in, the people who play EVE seem to be the absolute worst, particularly goons

drat near every goon I met who was chiefly associated with EVE before other things was kind of a piece of poo poo

on the other hand a lot of people became goons because of eve.. semi malicious fun is a bit enticing.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

quote:

The_Strict_Nein

The reason being is that if people are requesting refunds based on the articles they can prove damages as a result of the articles, thus proving libel

Weren't people on SC forums, Reddit, & even in this thread, saying you weren't buying anything but instead the price point was to help back the project and you got the ships as a bonus? Like, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the line for the past few years.

"You're not buying a $900 ship, you're donating $900 and getting a ship as a complimentary thank you."

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Skoll posted:

Guys, Legal had to delay it. He ate it apparently.

I thought the dog ate it....

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
Uncharacteristically his Twitter feed has been dead for over a dozen hours.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

HamHawkes posted:

Uncharacteristically his Twitter feed has been dead for over a dozen hours.

Possibly a Reddit assassin got to him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7xpZD0klnM

he was training his whole life for this.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
its happening

roberts had smart arrested for crimes against the soverign state of rsi

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Xaerael posted:

I just realised what Octopode's posting reminds me of...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qKxlvWOqmFs

I bet that feels real good!

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

SneakyFrog posted:

heh mentioning goons did about the same thing.

Obviously the concept is 'know thy enemy' is not followed by these people...

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Unfunny Poster posted:

Weren't people on SC forums, Reddit, & even in this thread, saying you weren't buying anything but instead the price point was to help back the project and you got the ships as a bonus? Like, correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't that the line for the past few years.

"You're not buying a $900 ship, you're donating $900 and getting a ship as a complimentary thank you."

If that's the case then everyone who was refunded should still have their jpegs.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Wafflz posted:

If that's the case then everyone who was refunded should still have their jpegs.

:drat:

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

He just called the xbone a "really good machine". E:D is dead to me.

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Derek Smart, short for Dr Eric Smart, is a famous game developer and article non-poster, best known for letting the internet down

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

I still think we're going to get Space Court. There's more than a few lawyers with zero shame that will look at this mess and say "gently caress it, these people are willing to burn money, I'll keep this case going as long as possible and just milk these idiots."

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Skoll posted:

Possibly a Reddit assassin got to him?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7xpZD0klnM

he was training his whole life for this.

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

First he promises Monday, then Tuesday morning, then Tuesday noon. Is Derek Smart facing some missive scope creep?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
DEREK?
:f5h::confused:

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Wafflz posted:

Brilliant!

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Except when you go and buy a "Game Package" it says that you are buying ship X,Y and Z along with a list of other crap a total of 0 of them say you are donating to the game and as a bonus you get a ship.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man even the criticisms of Star Citizen get delayed. :(

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

can we get something like this except with a whale backer's $20,000 desktop setup and backer totals?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

quote:

>They could stop right now, and you'd still be happy.
you're right, I'm having fun with how the game plays right now. It's what I wanted.
If you guys want to keep being butthurt because it takes a long time to add more then that's your problem
i'll be over here having fun while you cry into your pillow about how this game is so horrible and a scam for not being instantly released as the best game in history.

Latest cultist quote that I love. "It doesn't matter if they stop development now, I will be happy"

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Decoy posted:

What bothers me the most is the RSI logo affixed to the wall. If it were me, I wouldn't be spending other people's money on window dressings while I have yet to release a working product. Small things like this speak to the bigger picture and lend a lot of credence to the allegations of irresponsible spending.
Lol that they appear have climate control in their building, what a waste of money. They should be working out of a doublewide.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Onmi posted:

Latest cultist quote that I love. "It doesn't matter if they stop development now, I will be happy"

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I forgot all about this game, but I remembered I have an LTI 315p from back when the hype train was going full speed. I sent a PM to Kane on Reddit, because gently caress this noise. I'm out.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

KillHour posted:

I forgot all about this game, but I remembered I have an LTI 315p from back when the hype train was going full speed. I sent a PM to Kane on Reddit, because gently caress this noise. I'm out.

Don't bother asking RSI for a refund, go straight to your bank and start the charge-back process.

edit: if doing a charge-back first requires you to exhaust your options with the vendor, do the bare minimum.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Once again Derek Smart fails us. Why should we trust what someone that can't keep a release date says?

:justpost:

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

MeLKoR posted:

Once again Derek Smart fails us. Why should we trust what someone that can't keep a release date says?

maybe it got held up in legal

Sushi in Yiddish
Feb 2, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Man even the criticisms of Star Citizen get delayed. :(

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

spacetoaster posted:

I know you are, but what am I?

what are the child labor laws like in 'bama they could easily provide extra space bux

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

SirPhoebos posted:

Don't bother asking RSI for a refund, go straight to your bank and start the charge-back process.

edit: if doing a charge-back first requires you to exhaust your options with the vendor, do the bare minimum.

Bitch, I'm selling this poo poo for a profit. :cmon:

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Nation posted:

what are the child labor laws like in 'bama they could easily provide extra space bux

I think they just call it labor.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

MeLKoR posted:

well maybe he meant noon PST and typod

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

KillHour posted:

Bitch, I'm selling this poo poo for a profit. :cmon:

Then you better do it quickly. I got a feeling that market could be drying up soon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

Anyone who had trouble getting into Elite Dangerous should check out Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game. I didn't even watch the whole thing and I still picked up enough about how to take off, land, fly around, etc. without having to bother with the tutorials.

G0RF posted:

One thing I do know. A year from now, Elite will be a better game. There's a quiet comfort in knowing that, one which Star Citizen fans may never really know.
And of course right now it's a perfectly fine clone of Privateer, but without a story or unique places to land. So it's pretty all right to fire up every now and then and shoot some space rats.

• Locked thread