Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

G0RF posted:

One thing I do know. A year from now, Elite will be a better game. There's a quiet comfort in knowing that, one which Star Citizen fans may never really know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

quote:

you loving morons are worthless.
You think you're right forever, you think nobody but one person could ever disagree, you ignore all arguments and evidence that isn't supporting you.
what the gently caress.
this is pathetic.
you must all be loving 12 year old morons.
why am I even here.

This is the best. He's so loving angry

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

GaussianCopula posted:

Why are Star Citizens hyped for RSI to release a shooter based on a shooter engine? To me that looks like a move to keep the crowd happy while they continue to sell jpeg ships.

Why are they even making an FPS how do you manage to get from 'remake Wing Commander' to 'Remake Freelancer/Privateer' to making an FPS

There are entire textbooks on feature creep to be written about this

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
I remember when we used to buy games after they were finished.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Dante80 posted:

Breaking news. CIG confirmed that stuff are going to be revealed on citcon.

this is serious now.

A concept law suit?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
I'm just about fed up with all you god drat GOONS smack talking this game.
When it comes out I'll feel pretty drat :smug: as I fly around the verse in my spaceship!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Onmi posted:

This is the best. He's so loving angry

source your quotes

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Amun Khonsu posted:

A concept law suit?

95mil stretch goal they sue everyone ever who said anything bad about the game, as well as the women that didn't sleep with their concierge level backers

SirTagz
Feb 25, 2014

Jesus loving Christ. Lay off Octopede already. You are worse than Reddit and their banning of topics. You just harass a person till he shuts up and leaves. And you all feel superior while doing it? All this while waving the flag how open you are to people of different values and ways of life. When the hive-mind kicks in you bunch are completely worthless for anything but spam and insults.

:barf:

This meltdown was brought to you free of charge for mocking pleasure. Hope you enjoyed it and post something original because of it

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

Onmi posted:

Latest cultist quote that I love. "It doesn't matter if they stop development now, I will be happy"

they're not even mad, in fact, they're laughing right now,

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Alchenar posted:

Why are they even making an FPS how do you manage to get from 'remake Wing Commander' to 'Remake Freelancer/Privateer' to making an FPS

There are entire textbooks on feature creep to be written about this

The FPS has always been a part of it. The core idea of Star Citizen has always been that a player can walk around a station, get in their ship, and then fly around with starship pew pew. The scope creep is things like the scale (100 solar systems each with more capacity than an entire region in EVE), mechanics (farming, drink serving, AV repair), and fidelity (animation, poly count, all the other poo poo that looks pretty but means nothing with respect to gameplay).

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Derek .. lied?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Iridium posted:

95mil stretch goal they sue everyone ever who said anything bad about the game, as well as the women that didn't sleep with their concierge level backers

For $250 you get a cc in their space law threatmail

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Wafflz posted:

source your quotes

/v/ I think. it's essentially a thread of "Star Shillizan going down the drain. Goons wasted $300K on this the loving morons. TORtanic 2.0" And a cultist has run in to start screaming. I'm getting these from a skype friend and I've learned better than to ask for links from him.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Derek Smart missing delivery dates... who the gently caress does he think he is? Chris Roberts?

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ash1138 posted:

Anyone who had trouble getting into Elite Dangerous should check out Giant Bomb's Quick Look of the game. I didn't even watch the whole thing and I still picked up enough about how to take off, land, fly around, etc. without having to bother with the tutorials.
And of course right now it's a perfectly fine clone of Privateer, but without a story or unique places to land. So it's pretty all right to fire up every now and then and shoot some space rats.
:laffo:

e:I can never remember the smilies...

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

SirTagz posted:

Jesus loving Christ. Lay off Octopede already. You are worse than Reddit and their banning of topics. You just harass a person till he shuts up and leaves. And you all feel superior while doing it? All this while waving the flag how open you are to people of different values and ways of life. When the hive-mind kicks in you bunch are completely worthless for anything but spam and insults.

:barf:

maybe the truth is somewhere in the middle :downs:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Sir_Charles posted:

Bushido Brown
Mar 30, 2011

Star Citizen proudly announces in game crowd funding simulator. Got an idea for a great new idea for a spaceship? Have an exciting business plan? Now you can submit it in game and have your compatriots support your effort. CIG will take a modest 50 percent cut of the proceeds from your creative effort.

You wanted the future of gaming, and now we're giving it to you by letting you crowdfund games to your heart's content without ever leaving the security of your Idris.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
I can only hope this means something incredible happened and he wants to tack it on to his blurg

Scannex
Oct 16, 2007

Do you want me to go harder?
Nap Ghost

Wafflz posted:

If that's the case then everyone who was refunded should still have their jpegs.

Owning the jpeg doesn't translate into logging into their servers to play with the jpeg (where possibly applicable), however.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Iridium posted:

As a former concierage member I can say that no sax lessons was the final straw

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

SirTagz posted:

SirTagz posted:

I know I am the minority here but to me CR response read really genuine. He really believed what he wrote and the emotion is raw there. He believes he is fighting the good fight and that he has a decent chance (or had a decent chance) of finishing the game aslong as the bloody journalists and DS do not gently caress it up.

That does not mean that bad management or HR or PR does not happen. Probably does to some extent but just anonymous sources are pretty lovely.

notacult

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

which is honestly why pointing at year old timelines and saying "they didn't meet this! so it's not coming" is ridiculous
to be honest I don't expect the game out very soon either, likely in late 2016 or early 2017 well begin to see everything coming together as they've fleshed it out, because that's how long game development takes
my problem has been with all these people saying it's just a scam, or not coming at all, because of a few relatively normal delays. It's just not sensible.
Hell at this point I wish CIG didn't bother with the whole "public involvement" face and just kept everything behind closed doors like other developers do, this is why

Yes, tell me more about reasonable development person who said they were fine if nothing new ever came out.

When asked, "why are they still selling .jpegs of ships when they haven't even finished the kickstarter ships" the response was

quote:

ships are on a cycle, they're developing the ones they need or had planned for the 1 player campaign first, then they're moving into those that are going to be the most used in the initial releases of multicrew.
As for "new ships," these were already planned and come from a different department than those currently developing the ships in the dev stream

Let me be clear, I'm glad that treasures like this exist. I mean I'd always known there were stupid people with disposable income, but you never quite believe how stupid.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

SirTagz posted:

I know I am the minority here but to me CR response read really genuine. He really believed what he wrote and the emotion is raw there.

yeah. He believed that.

And that's the scary part that has the rest of us jumping ship.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tarranon posted:

I can only hope this means something incredible happened and he wants to tack it on to his blurg
It's been a hell of a week, maybe he's just having a lie down?

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

quote:

see this is what I was just saying.
They add new features
Then they say "this will take longer"
then you point at the timeline they gave for a much smaller game and someone his means they're incompetent? for what? adding more? because they can't compete a much, much larger game in the same constraints? that's just not fair and seems like a real stretch that you would try to reason the game isn't coming at all because of this

Stop please it's 4 AM, I need to head to the university in an hour and a half.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters
this thread was better when it was all haiku

Derek late again
the stars will come crashing down
after legal's walk

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
How many members does the Goon org with SC still have? (Just wondering as that FFT article was saying at the time of the interview about 1.3K refunds were granted)

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

jestest posted:

this thread was better when it was all haiku

Derek late again
the stars will come crashing down
after legal's walk

a refund, i ask
your game will never happen
ben is a roadblock

the escapist, forbes
did they kill your confidence?
no, your late poo poo did

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Sir_Charles posted:

There's no nuance allowed on the Internet. You're either for us, or a blithering retard that shouldn't be exposed to the light of day lest you try to justify beating your children just because it might be legal to do so in your backwards state.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

has this latest clusterfuck been talked about on any of the podcasts yet?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Octopode posted:

There's no nuance allowed on the Internet. You're either for us, or a blithering retard that shouldn't be exposed to the light of day lest you try to justify beating your children just because it might be legal to do so in your backwards state.

:ssh: People will find out you are conspiring with Dsmart to take over the Star citizen universe.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
toxic forums, see
white men weep for their lost ships
only pixels, yo

hungry children cry
empty bellies swell in pain
daddy has Idris

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Oh god. Call for the drat bell somebody stop the drat match.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

So like, In four years when this game comes out. Can I like buy it and play it? I mean I haven't been really keeping up with what this game is and all but I was under the impression that the video game was gonna be like, other video games where it like, totally comes out after they like, did all the work with like, the computers and stuff.

The only thing I like, know for sure is like, there is this mini-game you guys like, played and stuff where you like, give them all your money for like, things. So I was just wondering if like, I got this game down the road if I would like, not have any of the things you guys won in the mini games and like, start with nothing? Because that sounds more like, video game to me.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Ok Goonrathi still holds 474 members. Are closed accounts that received a full refund retained as members? (I wouldn't be surprised if yes)

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

I'm surprised there haven't been any articles about the situation from RPS or Giantbomb or something, seems like the kinda thing they'd love to dish about.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

sorla78 posted:

Ok Goonrathi still holds 474 members. Are closed accounts that received a full refund retained as members? (I wouldn't be surprised if yes)

Yes they are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
now hopes are falling
autumn leaves in the cold winds
money trees, soon bare

• Locked thread