Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Gwaihir posted:

Yes they are.

Can't have Citizen numbers dropping when so close to 1 million.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Drinkfist posted:

So like, In four years when this game comes out. Can I like buy it and play it? I mean I haven't been really keeping up with what this game is and all but I was under the impression that the video game was gonna be like, other video games where it like, totally comes out after they like, did all the work with like, the computers and stuff.

The only thing I like, know for sure is like, there is this mini-game you guys like, played and stuff where you like, give them all your money for like, things. So I was just wondering if like, I got this game down the road if I would like, not have any of the things you guys won in the mini games and like, start with nothing? Because that sounds more like, video game to me.

You will eventually be able to buy a copy of the game for a normal price that will let you play and have access to everything that anyone who's paid any amount of money now has through playing the game, with the exception of a limited few cosmetic things like some special ship skins or access to a special space nightclub.

Edit: And some backers will get the first expansion for free that you'd have to pay for as well.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

sorla78 posted:

Ok Goonrathi still holds 474 members. Are closed accounts that received a full refund retained as members? (I wouldn't be surprised if yes)

Until Anders bans more goons for questionable reasons then hides on the offsite.

Join Starfleet Dental if you want a non-poo poo org, IMO.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

nopantsjack posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any articles about the situation from RPS or Giantbomb or something, seems like the kinda thing they'd love to dish about.
They got scooped by The Escapist, they're probably sulking about it and/or don't want to send clicks their way.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

AP posted:

Can't have Citizen numbers dropping when so close to 1 million.

Yea, they don't actually delete your account. They just tag INACTIVE_ in front of our.

jestest
Feb 12, 2014

Ancient Aliens: Closer Encounters

Iridium posted:

toxic forums, see
white men weep for their lost ships
only pixels, yo

hungry children cry
empty bellies swell in pain
daddy has Idris

Onmi posted:

Oh god. Call for the drat bell somebody stop the drat match.

game is now complete
all proceeds are now profits
Sandra's got the green

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Kimsemus posted:

This man speaks the truth.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
game is in alpha
one year after the launch date
ITS NOT SCOPE CREEP GUYS

no caterpillar
aborted, gently caress all its fans
mighty dongship lost

spittle flies in rage
nonbelievers put to death
the cult rages on

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Kimsemus posted:

Until Anders bans more goons for questionable reasons then hides on the offsite.

Agreed, SFD and Arus are cool chillbros.

You're still a whiny goonfucker though.

BluestreakBTHR
Oct 2, 2015

Fucking Star Citizen True Believers are passive-aggressive douchebags. Sorry if I have the ability to use my critical thinking skills. I didn't drink the Kool-Aid, motherfuckers.

That's me trying way too hard to fit in here. Please accept me, I need validation. I'm very depressed.
Grimey Drawer

Cactus posted:

has this latest clusterfuck been talked about on any of the podcasts yet?

Hi there.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

Agreed, SFD and Arus are cool chillbros.

You're still a whiny goonfucker though.
We hold these truths to be self-evident, Anders is scared, Skoll is racist, Octopode is bad, Seraph is the AlphaGoon.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Kimsemus posted:

Truth. SFD is greatness.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

We hold these truths to be self-evident, Anders is scared, Skoll is racist, Octopode is bad, Seraph is the AlphaGoon.

Shut up you filthy brown untermensch.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

imperialparadox posted:

Which is a shame really. Since Elite has the whole loving galaxy open for exploration, it seems like there would be space for any organization to exploit, and you wouldn't run into the problems of a player org owning everything of work. Just keep the current political setup but allow players to own systems outside the NPC territories, and then if people were worried about traveling in lawless/goon space they could...just not go there.

Goons would flock to dominate the space around Sag A, controlling the center of the galaxy.

Solo players wouldn't be able to affect player owned space either.. cause that kind of requires doing missions against players, not npc ships.

It's been 12 days since I submitted my refund request. Two more to go if CIG is holding true to their word.

Space Camp fuckup
Aug 2, 2003

Kimsemus posted:

Okay I keep seeing people reference this, what exactly happened? Were you kicked out of the club for this not-game?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

tooterfish posted:

They got scooped by The Escapist, they're probably sulking about it and/or don't want to send clicks their way.
This. And Kotaku had the same reports but ignored them, despite allegations of social justice friendly topics like Sexism, Racism, and Ageism. Why? Because Derek Smart would have to be acknowledged in the process-- and he is their mortal enemy in the Gamergate wars.

I'm glad it was Escapist. Hope they get more CIG folks talking, have physical evidence, and drop the gaming and crowdfunding story of the decade. And Stephen Tolito spends that time sulking because "we could've had the glory!"

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Sir_Charles posted:

Okay I keep seeing people reference this, what exactly happened? Were you kicked out of the club for this not-game?

He was kicked out for goonfucking and then tried to change his story and got others to collaborate his version ( lol fishing pacts ). He has not shut the gently caress up about it ever since.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Octopode posted:

Edit: And some backers will get the first expansion for free that you'd have to pay for as well.

lol

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

So apparently Goon ID is a thing. I don't remember signing up, but apparently I did. Is there a way to reset my password?

RuckusRouser
Sep 28, 2015

Theres a lot of close ups of landing gear

Is 2 hours of Derek Smart not posting on twitter enough to file a missing persons report?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

RuckusRouser posted:

Is 2 hours of Derek Smart not posting on twitter enough to file a missing persons report?

Yes but why would we want to?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

He was kicked out for goonfucking and then tried to change his story and got others to collaborate his version ( lol fishing pacts ). He has not shut the gently caress up about it ever since.
No, I was. Even the pubbies at RSI know that.

Also, Space Court.

CodfishCartographer
Feb 23, 2010

Gadus Maprocephalus

Pillbug

quote:

quote:

Well, if he has lost faith in the project I can see why he might want to retract his pledge
except that ISNT A VALID REASON TO DO SO.

This is loving gold

Nellistos
Mar 2, 2013
Shouldn't his blog post be online by now?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

How many expansions has :lesnick: made since this thing begun? I'd say they delivered already.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Man some of the people supporting Star Citizen are sick fucks.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

No, I was. Even the pubbies at RSI know that.

Also, Space Court.

I forgot what you did re: goonfucking.

I know it was all over the ArcheAge forums and it was hilarious.

fake edit: it also didn't help you always act like an autismo asshat that no one wants to interact with.

bres0048
Oct 29, 2012

Octopode posted:

There's no nuance allowed on the Internet. You're either for us, or a blithering retard that shouldn't be exposed to the light of day lest you try to justify beating your children just because it might be legal to do so in your backwards state.

AP is the linchpin to my fantasy team, watch your mouf

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Dammit Derek, I haven't done this many Forced Reloads since Battlecruiser 3000. Update your shiznit!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Nation posted:

what are the child labor laws like in 'bama they could easily provide extra space bux

Here's a previously un-released photo of RSI child labor.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

I forgot what you did re: goonfucking.

I know it was all over the ArcheAge forums and it was hilarious.

fake edit: it also didn't help you always act like an autismo asshat that no one wants to interact with.
I'm sorry that I may have hurt your feelings by playing a videogame and then subsequently not playing said videogame but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

thatguy posted:

I'm sorry that I may have hurt your feelings by playing a videogame and then subsequently not playing said videogame but I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me.

You loving monster

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

spacetoaster posted:

Here's a previously un-released photo of RSI child labor.

Thats the non paywalled access version. Here is something exclusive from Jump Point..

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

I forgive you. tbh my only gripe with you was that you're an insufferable autist on comms.

Other than that there were many laughs.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf

Kazy posted:

So apparently Goon ID is a thing. I don't remember signing up, but apparently I did. Is there a way to reset my password?

Your GoonID is Kazy. Just do a password reset on the Goonrathi forums.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Nevermind this has turned into a very long day.

I dreamed a dream in time gone by
When Chris was high
And kickstarters worth backing
I dreamed that ships would never fly
I dreamed that Sandi would be forgiving
Then I was stupid and had disposable income
And JPEGs were bought and pawned and refunded
There was no release date to be made
No towel unracked
No hangar unfilled

But the goons come at night
With their voices soft as thunder
As they tear your hopes apart
As they turn your dreams to shame

:sludgepal: Give me my dirty bits already Derek...

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

nopantsjack posted:

I'm surprised there haven't been any articles about the situation from RPS or Giantbomb or something, seems like the kinda thing they'd love to dish about.

Giantbomb will talk about it in their podcast but they don't get involved with drama much. Probably wont be an article.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Dante80 posted:

Thats the non paywalled access version. Here is something exclusive from Jump Point..

Looks like Sandi is sucking the life force directly out of them.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Derek Smart vanishes for less than 2 hours and we devolve into infighting and #freekimsemus-ing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

spacetoaster posted:

Looks like Sandi is sucking the life force directly out of them.

nutted but she still suckin

• Locked thread