Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

thebardyspoon posted:

If Thanos is doing the whole Infinity Gauntlet thing then isn't he probably going to be killing half the universe somewhere in the first 30 minutes of the first Infinity War film? So they could just show the lower level heroes briefly before they disappear or as heads on Nick Furys big computer screen of heroes who've gone missing or something. Then obviously they undo it all at the end of the second film.

I'm curious to see how Agents of SHIELD is going to handle that. If there's a year between the film's two parts I could see the show having a tie-in that removes certain characters from the show for a whole season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

sticklefifer posted:

I'm curious to see how Agents of SHIELD is going to handle that. If there's a year between the film's two parts I could see the show having a tie-in that removes certain characters from the show for a whole season.

Maria Hill: Well, Coulsen, no doubt you've heard about the trouble we've been having with Steve Rogers.
Coulsen: I may have heard something about that.
Maria Hill: Can you talk to him? He respects you.
Coulsen: No, I trust Steve to do what's right. How about you talk to Tony?
Maria Hill: I've tried. Those boys are just going to have to settle it themselves. God help the rest of us.
*animated banner ad for Captain America III: The Civil War appears on the bottom of the screen*

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Jedit posted:

Also Daredevil was briefly in Civil War. He was captured by a SHIELD team and taken to the extradimensional prison. Tony Stark offered to put him in charge of the official New York superteam, and he told Tony to stick it.

Again, that was Iron Fist standing in for Daredevil!

Neowyrm
Dec 23, 2011

It's not like I pack a lunch box full of missiles when I go to work!

Irish Joe posted:

Maria Hill: Well, Coulsen, no doubt you've heard about the trouble we've been having with Steve Rogers.
Coulsen: I may have heard something about that.
Maria Hill: Can you talk to him? He respects you.
Coulsen: No, I trust Steve to do what's right. How about you talk to Tony?
Maria Hill: I've tried. Those boys are just going to have to settle it themselves. God help the rest of us.
*animated banner ad for Captain America III: The Civil War appears on the bottom of the screen*

How did you emulate Cobie Smulders the MCU dialogue writing style so accurately in so few words

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Maybe because its dialogue is acutely uninteresting.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

And since that's all Irish Joe posts, kismet.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Another Teaser that in this poster's opinion looks pretty cheap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gax3tMYU4I

When did DD release an actual trailer, I wanna see Ritter in the role at least a little bit.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Looks like bad Sin City

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Full trailer? A month before the debut. Like, exactly. Trailer came out on March 10th, show on April 10th.

Also, this one is clearly meant to be similar to the motion poster one that Daredevil had. It's almost the exact same shot of the street, just in a different colour pallet.

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Test Pattern posted:

It's direct-to-Netflix. They get alllll the fucks they want. And given that the two trailers so far have been "Jessica is hungover" and "Jessica likes to drink and fight," to say nothing of how insanely brutal DD was, I don't imagine they're going to be going light on ANYTHING.

Really it's not Netflix holding them back; it's their own company deciding to hold back. You're right, they could get away with poo poo that would make HBO blush on Netflix, but they won't do that.

Gaz-L posted:

Full trailer? A month before the debut. Like, exactly. Trailer came out on March 10th, show on April 10th.

Also, this one is clearly meant to be similar to the motion poster one that Daredevil had. It's almost the exact same shot of the street, just in a different colour pallet.

I hope they have a palette for each TV show like that.

HIJK
Nov 25, 2012
in the room where you sleep

zoux posted:

Another Teaser that in this poster's opinion looks pretty cheap.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3gax3tMYU4I

When did DD release an actual trailer, I wanna see Ritter in the role at least a little bit.

I know high power jumps are hard to portray but this one made me roll my eyes a bit.

But yeah, this is the same kind of thing as the motion poster, Matt just didn't parkour all over the screen. Fingers crossed for a real trailer in a few weeks.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It's supposed to be flying I think.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
I don't think so. Rosenberg has said they've toned Jessica's powers back a little. I think she's at 'leap moderately-sized apartment buildings' levels, as opposed to true flight like she has in the comics.

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

And if they're really following Alias at all, she doesn't fly cause she never fully learned how to do it well, iirc.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Deakul posted:

And if they're really following Alias at all, she doesn't fly cause she never fully learned how to do it well, iirc.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Yes, but she crashed into Thor the first time, and I believe also lands badly the first twice she does it outside of flashbacks.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Wasn't it more that she couldn't really land gracefully, Greatest American Hero style?

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

TBH I haven't read Alias in probably 10 years so maybe :kiddo:

I'm going to reread it but I'm waiting for the inevitable half off Comixology sale to promote the Netflix series.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
The one I remember specifically is she tries flying through the window of a club to save Spider-Woman, (No, not that one. No, not that one either. The other one... n-no, the other other one), and they end up bouncing down a Manhattan street on landing.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Well if it's a jump it's terrible because none of the angles or distances make sense.

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

Medullah posted:

Wasn't it more that she couldn't really land gracefully, Greatest American Hero style?

I loved that show when I was a kid. I guess the remake isn't happening, though, since it's been over a year, and nothing's been said? Wait, no. This article, posted today, says it's still on, and will be coming next year.

Electromax
May 6, 2007

Blazing Ownager posted:

Really it's not Netflix holding them back; it's their own company deciding to hold back. You're right, they could get away with poo poo that would make HBO blush on Netflix, but they won't do that.

Yeah, Netflix already has some heavy violence (including on-screen gang rape) and sex/nudity in Narcos, perhaps not as frequent but at least as graphic as HBO. Can't see Marvel ever going there... although the decapitation in Daredevil was a bit of a surprise.

e: Don't know anything about Alias or JJ but I've heard that part of the reason she retires from being a hero involves some dark stuff with "Purple Man"...?

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Electromax posted:

e: Don't know anything about Alias or JJ but I've heard that part of the reason she retires from being a hero involves some dark stuff with "Purple Man"...?

Purple man can mind control people and he makes her his puppet, he doesn't get physical with her, but she's essentially mind raped.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Electromax posted:

Yeah it's the driving force of her alcoholism and character traits. Without spoilers of course. :)

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Hakkesshu posted:

Purple man can mind control people and he makes her his puppet, he doesn't get physical with her, but she's essentially mind raped.

It's worth noting that it isn't just 'he doesn't get physical.' There is a tremendous huge amount of sexualization involved, including physical elements, just not intercourse. It's entirely just rape. It's genuinely horrific even without that last bit and arguably moreso.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

Gaz-L posted:

There's an NYCC panel for the show this weekend, so I'd be surprised if we didn't get the first full trailer from that, with another closer to release.

EDIT: actually, you're not quite right. The final trailer was a month before the premiere, but the first full trailer (90 seconds long, consisting of actual footage from the series) was over a month before that.

Barry Convex fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Oct 6, 2015

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hakkesshu posted:

He does though

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

Dexo posted:

He does though

My understanding was that he doesn't get physical with her, but does so with other women in front of her which obviously would gently caress you up.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

mikeraskol posted:

My understanding was that he doesn't get physical with her, but does so with other women in front of her which obviously would gently caress you up.

Actually, it was somewhat worse than that. He used his mind control to make her want to have sex with him all the time, then wouldn't let her do it, all the while indulging himself with other women in front of her. It's pretty messed up.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Dexo posted:

He does though

I read it like 3 weeks ago, he definitely doesn't. It almost goes out of its way to specify it without any doubt.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Oct 6, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

How they deal with JJ's "origin story" is one of the things I'm most interested to see how they adapt, because the social consciousness about violence against women is very different then when the original comic was written. It's probably a very good thing that it's a woman in charge of telling the story rather than a man.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
Was it ever outright stated that the same stuff that blinds and empowers Matt empowers Jessica? I remember it being heavily implied in Alias, but I haven't read anything with her after that New Avengers annual.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
I'm interested to see how they adapt the character to a universe where JJ's relationship with the superhero community, one of the major themes of Alias, doesn't really work as a theme, nor does the concept of JJ as a generic superhero gone wrong.

I wonder if she ever even wore a Jewel costume in the MCU, and where in the timeline that fell in relation to the films.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Hakkesshu posted:

I read it like 3 weeks ago, he definitely doesn't. It almost goes out of its way to specify it without any doubt.

I read it 2 days ago. She says something to the effect of "He would make me watch him raping the random women he found around, but when no one was around to mind control, he would make me beg for it"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Dexo posted:

I read it 2 days ago. She says something to the effect of "He would make me watch him raping the random women he found around, but when no one was around to mind control, he would make me beg for it"

I thought the next page was her saying that he would not

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

I'll have to go back and re read it. I don't remember that being written, but I was moving fairly quickly. So I could have missed It I guess.

nelson
Apr 12, 2009
College Slice

jng2058 posted:

Actually, it was somewhat worse than that. He used his mind control to make her want to have sex with him all the time, then wouldn't let her do it, all the while indulging himself with other women in front of her. It's pretty messed up.
How the gently caress did that end up in a Marvel book? It seems like something that should have stayed in Japan with their perveted comics.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

It was a MAX title, where they let characters say the no-no words.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

It was a MAX book.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
I choose to believe MAX stands for Marvel Awesome Xtreme.