Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3npbmf/then_he_smiles_weve_signed_a_fiveyear_contract/

Conclusive redditproof that they totally can't be near out of money.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

I have a Bounty Hunter - LTI package with the ship upgraded to a 325a. How would I go about checking prices/selling this if I wanted to get out?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Anyone know what the hell this guy is doing?

He's obviously playing star citizen

Molotov Cock Tale
Jun 30, 2010
Jonesing pretty hard here for my next hit of Smart. Come on COME ON.

Shala
Oct 15, 2006

i shot the pilot

Lipstick Apathy

ShredsYouSay posted:

When you say "corporal punishment" what did that entail?

I'm sure he'll have a good, overly detailed answer.

Dude talks about it like he's done it in front of a judge before.

Rastor
Jun 2, 2001

JerikTelorian posted:

I have a Bounty Hunter - LTI package with the ship upgraded to a 325a. How would I go about checking prices/selling this if I wanted to get out?

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen_trades

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

ShredsYouSay posted:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

Smart is typing up the blog post again now.

He didn't start writing til this morning, did he?

DOMDOM
Apr 28, 2007

Fun Shoe

ShredsYouSay posted:

Go read his e/n thread. There was a belt. Not really worth causing an angry dont beat your kids derail here, though, since he already changed his behavior after the e/n browbeating.

Now if dsmart would hurry up and save this thread from itself...

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Shala posted:

I'm sure he'll have a good, overly detailed answer.

Dude talks about it like he's done it in front of a judge before.

He's already written volumes about the appropriate way to hit your kid with a belt tbqh, not sure we need more of it itt when Derek Smart is gonna drop that hot fire on us any minute now

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Star Citizen has to be the first game to have in game events before the game exists.

I just... I don't even anymore.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
My parents spanked me if I didn't come home with a "good" stamp on my hand for 2nd and 3rd grade. I got spanked a lot.

I like to think that I'm a well rounded individual.. lol

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

tooterfish posted:

They got scooped by The Escapist, they're probably sulking about it and/or don't want to send clicks their way.

They're probably a bit embarrassed about sucking off an obvious swindle for several years. They should be anyway.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, currently Trump’s closest GOP rival, said he would’ve confronted the Oregon shooter.

“Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,” Carson said on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday. “I would say, ‘Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.’”

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Wafflz posted:

Gotta get that 10,000 word minimum in.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Wafflz posted:

Has Dr. Smart ever let us down before? He's got this.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

quote:

Greetings Citizens,

Your CitizenCon 2015 event ticket is now printable in your My Account > RSVP section.

Please bring your printed CitizenCon ticket and Photo ID for entry. If you are unable to print your ticket, you’ll need to have a copy available on your phone.
When & Where

CitizenCon 2015 will be held at the Runway Visitor Park at the Manchester Airport (Sunbank Lane, Altrincham, WA15 8XQ) featuring a Concorde jet as a backdrop! Doors for the event open to all attendees at 6 PM local time on Saturday, October 10th, 2015. (Concierge & Subscribers: Please note that we do not have a VIP early entrance time for this event.)
Who’s Coming?

CitizenCon will feature the entire Foundry 42 staff, over one hundred developers currently hard at work on multicrew and Foundry 42. Chris Roberts, Sandi Gardiner, Erin Roberts, Ortwin Freyermuth, Thomas Hennessy and other familiar faces from other studios will also be on hand.

What to Bring

The event includes a buffet-style meal and an assortment of digital and physical Star Citizen swag! If you have a Citizen Card or any Star Citizen clothing, bring it! You’ll have plenty of chances to pose with Chris Roberts and the team in your Star Citizen attire. And don’t forget your ticket!

Digital Merchandise

In addition to physical items at the event, all CitizenCon attendees will receive an exclusive digital ‘Manchester 2945’ poster and a CitizenCon 2945 trophy for their hangars. Additionally, all subscribers will receive a variant CitizenCon trophy as part of our hangar flair program. For those unable to attend the event, the trophy and digital poster will be available for purchase later this week in the pledge store!

Livestream

We’ll be livestreaming the entire event starting at 12 PM PDT (7 PM UTC/8 PM BST) on Saturday October 10th on our Twitch Channel.

We look forward to seeing you there!

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/transmission/14986-CitizenCon-2015-Event-Details

100 developers eh?

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Deki posted:

Kismensus found out that one of the goons was a big ol' unrepentant pedophile. He kicked said Pedophile, and the rest of the Archeage leadership got really upset because BFM was really good at making wool or something.

A lot of the leadership for that game bailed with the guild assets because they were good friends with the known practicing pedophile and took poo poo with them. Some goons somehow think it's Kismensus' fault that goons didn't get very far in archeage (It's in fact because it's a bad game).

People got really mad that the fat Eve FC guy didn't respect their fishing pacts and pirated the poo poo out of people too. Even though pirating the poo poo out of people was the only thing resembling fun in that lovely game.

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

tooterfish posted:

The laffo thing is because you're saying the new Elite is a clone of a game that came out a decade after its progenitor.

I thought you were making a joke...
I meant it more like if you're waiting for Privateer for a new millennium, E:D is pretty much that. This is the Chris Roberts game nostalgia scam Star Citizen thread after all.

And I dare say that if you're waiting for Elite for the new millennium, you best keep waiting :v:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

LCL-Dead posted:

My parents spanked me if I didn't come home with a "good" stamp on my hand for 2nd and 3rd grade. I got spanked a lot.

I like to think that I'm a well rounded individual.. lol

i too have known victims of child abuse who outwardly appear to be functional and undamaged human beings

(but seriously this is a terrible derail)

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Skoll posted:

Retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson, currently Trump’s closest GOP rival, said he would’ve confronted the Oregon shooter.

“Not only would I probably not cooperate with him, I would not just stand there and let him shoot me,” Carson said on “Fox & Friends” Tuesday. “I would say, ‘Hey, guys, everybody attack him! He may shoot me, but he can’t get us all.’”

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Come meet 100 devs at the studio that has the least contact with Crobberts and is run by probably the most effective guy still left at the company. That way you can get a totally non accurate picture of what it's like to work at CIG.

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

Prop Wash posted:

As with last time, they're going to write maybe a page of lore via Twitter and then sell people a jpeg for $1000.

Lol with any other game this would sound so negative and pessimistic but this is literally what is going to happen

Prop Wash fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Oct 6, 2015

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

OVER 100

OVER could still mean anything guys

(wasn't someone posting about them having upwards of 200 devs still)

(it's just restructuring we swear)

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

OriginalPseudonym posted:

OVER 100

F42 is their biggest studio (and probably best) I think.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

quote:

The event includes a buffet-style meal

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Prop Wash posted:

As with last time, they're going to write maybe a page of lore via Twitter and then sell people a jpeg for $1000.

i really want this lorepost to culminate with them releasing the ship in the middle of a presentation during citcon and then having dozens dead or injured as they stampede for the doors to get back to their laptops to order it

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

OVER 100

They're only talking about one of a number of studios there.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Szcwczuk posted:

Except when you go and buy a "Game Package" it says that you are buying ship X,Y and Z along with a list of other crap a total of 0 of them say you are donating to the game and as a bonus you get a ship.

The point was to mock how people said you weren't ever buying the ships, making it a Pay To Win scheme.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czPHmUPLEqg

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

i really want this lorepost to culminate with them releasing the ship in the middle of a presentation during citcon and then having dozens dead or injured as they stampede for the doors to get back to their laptops to order it

Smart phones.

Someone needs to take a signal blocker in with them. Please!

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy

They bring the 100 developers because, while the Citizen Con is happening, HR team closes the office and pack the poo poo up!

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Skoll posted:

You accidentally made a post about Ben Carson instead of me. I'll look past your mistake this time but next time I might not be as lenient.

bawk
Mar 31, 2013

thatguy posted:

You accidentally made a post about Ben Carson instead of me. I'll look past your mistake this time but next time I might not be as lenient.

Shut the gently caress up, seriously

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

New Star Citizen Merch includes a Derek Smart Dartboard!

You can buy a jpeg rendering of this fantastic keepsake for the low low price of $1500, BUY NOW

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

thatguy posted:

Would you have stood there and be shot or would you have gathered everybody to attack a man with semiautomatic weapons?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Goons fighting goons ITT, that's what they want you guys, you're playing right into their hands!

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Thats the uk site right? How big is it compared to the ones in california and austin?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

death .cab for qt posted:

Shut the gently caress up, seriously
Space Court.

Skoll posted:

Would you have stood there and be shot or would you have gathered everybody to attack a man with semiautomatic weapons?
I would have tried to reason with the shooter to take his argument to Space Court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, thank you for asking!

• Locked thread