Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Justin Tyme posted:

If you care enough about some unrelated game drama so much to derail a thread by calling some guy a "goonfucker" (lol wtf) then you're the worst kind of insufferable video fame sperg. These are electronic toys for children for christ's sake get over yourself

Sounds like eve goons drama they will call you a goon fucker over literally anything it's basically one of the worst things you could get involved with the only way it's ever "fun" is if you insulate your self in one of the small groups that may or may not be still active.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://twitter.com/MagellanicCorp/status/651469934820593664
"Scared."

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Is this twitter thing an actual mental breakdown?

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Is this a fan thing or a CIG thing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sillybones posted:

Is this twitter thing an actual mental breakdown?

No, he's just roleplaying. His response when I showed up was funny. I got him to admit he tortures puppies.

OriginalPseudonym posted:

i really want this lorepost to culminate with them releasing the ship in the middle of a presentation during citcon and then having dozens dead or injured as they stampede for the doors to get back to their laptops to order it

They'll make sure that everyone there can get one specifically to prevent people from freaking out.

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Robot posted:

Is this a fan thing or a CIG thing?

It's a sad thing.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

If all this twitter RP just leads to a new ship sale I am probably going to sprain every muscle used to laugh.

I'm going to need a ramp up of funny to con citizens so I don't hurt myself.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Incombibulator posted:

It's a sad thing.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
It started off as a lore article about breaking news of the Vanduul invading the Vega system. I suspect it's related to SQ42 somehow. Who knows, maybe they're pranking us all and will release SQ42 at CitCon like they said they would months ago.

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

Maybe it's an Aurora revamp.

Velthice
Dec 12, 2010

Lipstick Apathy

Szcwczuk posted:

Sounds like eve goons drama they will call you a goon fucker over literally anything it's basically one of the worst things you could get involved with the only way it's ever "fun" is if you insulate your self in one of the small groups that may or may not be still active.

eve goons are the worst goons but also the funniest goons because they think their "importance" in a video game means that they should be respected by everyone else and not made fun of mercilessly

also hi, i don't care about star citizen, i just like making fun of goons

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Szcwczuk posted:

Sounds like eve goons drama they will call you a goon fucker over literally anything

I was called a goon fucker because I sold goods to goons at too low a cost in EVE.

You see, selling your fellow goons goods purchased in Jita (the central market hub) at 400% markup for the trouble of having them shipped them to conflict zones (by a 3rd party no less) is natural to a lot of them. I did not like this practice and began importing the same goods and selling them for the outrageously low price of "double whatever it cost me". For this I was unironically called a goonfucker because I was destroying the profit margins of the people who had to lower their prices to compete with mine!

Informal cartels that price fix goods: Normal
Competition in prices: Goon loving

sorry EVE goons but your brains are broken.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything
Making fun of eve goons is kinda cheating though they mostly do it for you.

Fat and Useless
Sep 3, 2011

Not Thin and Useful

Incombibulator posted:

It's a sad thing.

I used to do this with legos when I was 6. Fun times. I wonder if you could build a rideable lego space dingy for $1500.....

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
This is how I imagine a job interview would go for someone who had recently left CIG:

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

:frogsiren: http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/ :frogsiren:

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
efb DEREK SMART http://www.dereksmart.org/2015/10/star-citizen-the-endgame/

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

thatguy posted:

This is how I imagine a job interview would go for someone who had recently left CIG:

"No, it's my pension".

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
alluded, derek, god

e: and you get it right three paragraphs later

:cmon:

Ursine Catastrophe fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Oct 6, 2015

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

Thank you jesus

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

derek smart is the light

abagofcheetos
Oct 29, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
That letter had been sent to one of my addresses (I have more than one residence)

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
so i skimmed it because i'm at work but it looks like a recap for anyone who's not been paying attention and a promise to bring a Bona-Fide Derek Smart Lawsuit which i'm sure will actually happen this time (:laffo:)

i guess it's great to post the next time someone jumps in complaining about the unread count

back to your regularly-scheduled goonfucking debate

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Sure looks like a whole lot of words that say nothing new. Although I appreciated the TL:DR sentence at the end - "I don’t build dreams. I build games. I know these things." It's always good to end a speech with a joke to grab everyone's attention. This man knows how to PR.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
“This section of the blog contained a lot of material that legal felt were best removed as they were suited in a legal complaint. So it’s a bit skinny from the original version“.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

This thread is boring now. Its just the same poo poo over and over

Atheist Sunglasses
Jul 26, 2003

All the candy you want. Crotton crandy, crandy apple. I like to go on the best ride first. Name of roller croaster.

"They are going to show the opening cut-scene sequence for SQ42 with Gary Oldman giving his speech, someone flying and landing, NPCs waving etc."

Yes! Space Commissioner Gordon!

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
The dumbest thing about all this is CIG could easily pull out of the spiral if they could excite people enough to get their funding back to 2014ish levels.

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Cactus posted:

This thread is boring now. Its just the same poo poo over and over

how could you imply derek smart and octopode could ever be boring

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
This thread needs to slow down. I'm never going to get any work done.

Szcwczuk
Dec 20, 2011

I ruin everything

Iron Tusk posted:

The dumbest thing about all this is CIG could easily pull out of the spiral if they could excite people enough to get their funding back to 2014ish levels.

What would that change though? It's not like having 3x as much cash will change the fact that a game with this scope/scale isn't possible.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret
I am tempted to drop in on that little space thing in my own style. It looks fun. Think I should?

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!
Its out

https://archive.is/xpF6o

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Wow! DS just gave us the scoop on citcon. Gary Oldman? OK, time to spend more!

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Iron Tusk posted:

it'll be bitcoin-esque where it doesn't end in a bang but a whimper long slow drawn out wet fart as the smaller whales split off and the bigger ones continue investing their kid's college funds, 401ks and welfare checks

at the end, all will be left is croberts and sandi going house-to-house, claiming to be comcast service technicans to get into their backer's parent's basements

checks damp with mildew and grease being passed over with equal parts shame and hope more shame as the penitent beseech their savior

"2 weeks, it's okay, just two more weeks"

CashEnsign
Feb 7, 2015
I am still waiting for my space refund

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4497650/15-10-02_Response_To_RSI_Cease_Desist.pdf

HamHawkes
Jan 25, 2014
Bwah he said he builds games. Do is the Star Citizen. They are both letting me down.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

quote:

She didn’t “market” this game to raise $90m as she’s tried to take credit for. The media, the PR and the gamers who believed in Chris’s vision, made that happen. Confusing PR with marketing is the sort of mistake that people who don’t understand how that works, make. They are not the same thing.

I seem to remember the SC cultists trying to argue against this in the last thread! Dr. Smart knows what's up.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jasonev...and-retraction/

I somehow missed this article until Dr. Smart linked it. It's a forbes contributor and not one of their in house writers, but a good read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
PSA: Spoiler Alert - Do not read DS blog, leaks at least one prominent SQ42 actor.

Please don't spoil it for the reddit citizens :ohdear:

• Locked thread