Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of bands that only have one good album, I hear YACHT's working on something new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

In a glorious moment of co-opting a situation, Their new song is being played when uber surges to 1.1 and 2 (for a remix).

You can listen to it now @ http://playsitself.la/ (LA is currently at 2x surge so the remix is being played).

Soylent Heliotrope
Jan 27, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

Speaking of bands that only have one good album, I hear YACHT's working on something new.
Which one do you consider the good one? Their last two albums and the one-off singles/EPs they've released during the last five years have all been solid to excellent IMO, and I love both songs they've shared from the new album.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Soylent Heliotrope posted:

Which one do you consider the good one? Their last two albums and the one-off singles/EPs they've released during the last five years have all been solid to excellent IMO, and I love both songs they've shared from the new album.
See Mystery Lights. But I haven't heard anything from the new one.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
There's a new Shopping album out and no one told me!! I haven't listened yet but this new video is pretty cool. Band owns, like someone resurrected Gang of Four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q8kkAl64I9s

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I saw FFS last night. They did a fantastic set, playing a solid 2/3 of the album, plus Take Me Out/Do You Want To/Michael (YESSSSS) and Number One Song In Heaven/This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us/When Do I Get to Sing "My Way"?, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the crowd was as happy as I was to hear the Sparks tracks. They clearly had a lot of faith in the audience, since they didn't save Take Me Out for the encore.

Definitely worth seeing on this tour if you liked the album, or either band. Alex and Russell make great dueling frontmen, constantly trying to out-theatrical each other :3:

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Bad girls think that you're being a boob punch

abraham linksys posted:

I saw FFS last night. They did a fantastic set, playing a solid 2/3 of the album, plus Take Me Out/Do You Want To/Michael (YESSSSS) and Number One Song In Heaven/This Town Ain't Big Enough for Both of Us/When Do I Get to Sing "My Way"?, and I was pleasantly surprised to find the crowd was as happy as I was to hear the Sparks tracks. They clearly had a lot of faith in the audience, since they didn't save Take Me Out for the encore.

Definitely worth seeing on this tour if you liked the album, or either band. Alex and Russell make great dueling frontmen, constantly trying to out-theatrical each other :3:

It's a really good week for shows in New York. I saw Tame Impala at Radio City Music Hall. Their performance was top notch and, god drat, that light show. It was cool that the crowd stood up and stayed standing for their entire set (it's awkward seeing these types of bands in a seated venue) but there were a lot of loud/annoying bros.

Anonymous John
Mar 8, 2002
Saw FFS on Friday and they played all 12 tracks on the self-titled album. Agreed that it was a really fun show, although I saw it at the seated Orpheum Theatre in Boston with a sparsely filled crowd which was kind of awkward. Especially when it came to jumping up and down for FF's hits.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Seated venues are always terrible for any concert. I saw Jack White last year at one and it killed the energy. So much so he left the stage after about 45 minutes and had to be convinced by his band to return. Part of it probably is him being a smug poo poo, but seats played a part in that I'm sure.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Slandible posted:

Seated venues are always terrible for any concert. I saw Jack White last year at one and it killed the energy. So much so he left the stage after about 45 minutes and had to be convinced by his band to return. Part of it probably is him being a smug poo poo, but seats played a part in that I'm sure.
I saw David Byrne in a concert hall and it was fantastic, I think some bands just do better in certain venues.

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
Thought this 90s dance/garage style song was pretty cool Nick Brewer - Talk To Me

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe
So, San Fermin is a guy that writes the compositions for his two singers? I did not know that. Super cool.

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
Does El Ten Eleven count as indie? I'm seeing them Thursday night and didn't even realize they had a new album come out in August

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

BraveUlysses posted:

Does El Ten Eleven count as indie? I'm seeing them Thursday night and didn't even realize they had a new album come out in August
They're so loving good live. I saw them in 2013 when they opened for Bonobo. Just 2 guys, but man they get some crazy sounds for just being 2 guys.

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

https://twitter.com/BeaccchHoussse/status/651859947781758976

So Beach House just announced their sixth LP with a release date of next Friday.

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

What the hell. Didn't their last one just come out? Like not even 2 months ago?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I saw David Byrne in a concert hall and it was fantastic, I think some bands just do better in certain venues.

Sigur Ros benefits from seats for sure. Also, drat Beach House. I still need to check out Depression Cherry. Slow down!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm seeing The War on Drugs at Radio City Music Hall and that seems like a good band to see seated.

I've also got an RSVP through Jukely to see them tonight at Music Hall of Williamsburg, so I guess I can compare/contrast (though if the show tonight is good enough I'll probably StubHub my Radio City ticket anyways)

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

abraham linksys posted:

I'm seeing The War on Drugs at Radio City Music Hall and that seems like a good band to see seated.

I've also got an RSVP through Jukely to see them tonight at Music Hall of Williamsburg, so I guess I can compare/contrast (though if the show tonight is good enough I'll probably StubHub my Radio City ticket anyways)

MHoW will probably be the better show, but I seriously can't justify paying $25/month for the chance to attend whatever shows Jukely happen to list. Plus, Natalie Prass is opening at Radio City. :allears:

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die

abraham linksys posted:

Let me know how Radio City is for shows. One of the worst shows I ever saw was at a seated venue because everyone stood up anyways... so it's just like a normal concert except you can't move from your spot. Tall people were in front of us so we couldn't see poo poo or do anything about it!

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

interpunct posted:

MHoW will probably be the better show, but I seriously can't justify paying $25/month for the chance to attend whatever shows Jukely happen to list. Plus, Natalie Prass is opening at Radio City. :allears:

MHoW is half empty and they're about to go on; this is super weird!!

And yeah I did Jukely to go see Young Thug at Central Park for less than an actual ticket; will probably cancel after this

jiffypop45
Dec 30, 2011

I saw the Decemberists in a concert hall (really more of a theatre venue). Didn't seem to really change much. Theirs is more of a performance than something you'd move to like Jack White.

Ass Catchcum
Dec 21, 2008
I REALLY NEED TO SHUT THE FUCK UP FOREVER.
jack white is a loving baby

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

abraham linksys posted:

I'm sure i'm underselling\grossly misrepresenting The war on drugs, but they are perfect napping at a music festival mid-day music. They should be good seated.

cheese eats mouse
Jul 6, 2007

A real Portlander now
Same for Beach House and José Gonzalez. Standing for José was the worst.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

Can confirm seeing Beach House sitting on the grass in the hot sun with a beer in hand is the bees knees.

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches
LCD Soundsystem is gonna reunite for at least a few US and UK festivals in 2016

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

:vince:

I hope I get to catch them on the reunion tour. Shut Up And Play The Hits was awesome and their final show looked so fun.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Dance Yrself Clean is an all-time great track and I am sad I never got to see them play it live

interpunct
Aug 2, 2006

Firstly, it's an article from Consequence of Sound. Come on.

Secondly:

quote:

LCD Soundsystem are not reuniting next year, you loving morons

https://twitter.com/krisdfa/status/652194317491118080

Slandible
Apr 30, 2008

Just got back from Chvrches and I still hated seated venues. Still, they put on a really great show and are really sounding better live compared to where they where early last year. I've seen Under the Tide live twice now, and it is still the greatest live song. Martin is so drat awesome.

E>> Lauren doing drums on a few songs was really awesome too.

Slandible fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Oct 9, 2015

incoherent
Apr 24, 2004

interpunct posted:

Firstly, it's an article from Consequence of Sound. Come on.

Secondly:

https://twitter.com/krisdfa/status/652194317491118080

That LCD poo poo was rumbling in the coachella forums and reddit page. It's usually contained to those two places but it got out. LCD will never get* back together.

* Until james murphy goes back on his word, which he has before.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

I just want them to put out a CD of their last concert instead of just a DVD.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

they last year; it's on spotify and vinyl

i hope lcd soundsystem gets back together so james murphy shaves his beard tbqh

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

abraham linksys posted:

they last year; it's on spotify and vinyl

i hope lcd soundsystem gets back together so james murphy shaves his beard tbqh
Yeah, but I can't use spotify or vinyl to a. listen in the car or b. put it on my iPod.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/long-goodbye-live-at-madison/id869319713 :shrug:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Oh well would you look at that. Thanks!

Real Name Grover
Feb 13, 2002

Like corn on the cob
Fan of Britches

quote:

Update – 3:00 p.m.: Billboard* has confirmed our report, citing a “well-placed source” who says LCD Soundsystem is “definitely reuniting.”

Update – 4:00 p.m.: DFA Records, the label co-owned by Murphy, has issued a statement denying the band’s plans to reunite. Despite this, our sources stress the band intends to reunite next year, and we stand behind our original report.

* http://www.billboard.com/articles/columns/rock/6722636/lcd-soundsystem-reunion-2016-james-murphy

CoS ain't exactly a hotbed of great journalism but I think they're at least somewhat credible <shrug>

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

I'm digging this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXGwDB3mWn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

And this!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq0mpgHNapc