Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

D_Smart posted:

I know the ship. But I am not going to reveal that information. Sorry. I didn't write that section to ruin surprises; that's why I only stated the obvious and based on stuff that was already hinted at or speculated on.

You're more of a loving hack then Star Citizen is. Maybe this is why you're so attached to this? You're both gigantic failures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

D_Smart posted:

I know the ship. But I am not going to reveal that information. Sorry. I didn't write that section to ruin surprises; that's why I only stated the obvious and based on stuff that was already hinted at or speculated on.

That's awesome. I also happen to know what the ship is. Maybe we could compare notes after citizen con?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

I said come in! posted:

You're more of a loving hack then Star Citizen is. Maybe this is why you're so attached to this? You're both gigantic failures.
Woah.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

I said come in! posted:

no star citizen is worse hth

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Say what you want about Battlecruiser.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

It came out.

Sorry, forgot to put that bit on the end, my bad.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No seriously why are we still listening to this dipshit? The Escapist has done far more to blow open the issues with Star Citizen. And by that I mean Derek Smart has yet to say anything we didn't already know.

Machado de Assis
Dec 12, 2005

Romes128 posted:

They're offering refunds. And I think it's only like a small percentage of people that are leaving the cult.

So I haven't really kept up with the drama for a long time, I backed the original kickstarter when it came out and the goals/development timeline were looking reasonable/not-quite-insane. I didn't give any more cash than the baseline 30 or 35 or whatever for a digital copy when it came out (lol), and lost interest in following the goings on when CIG gradually started shifting focus to the stretch goal/imaginary spaceship sales snake oil. Are the refunds being offered/given to anyone who put in any money, or just to people who shelled out for the extra snake oil stuff?

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Machado de Assis posted:

So I haven't really kept up with the drama for a long time, I backed the original kickstarter when it came out and the goals/development timeline were looking reasonable/not-quite-insane. I didn't give any more cash than the baseline 30 or 35 or whatever for a digital copy when it came out (lol), and lost interest in following the goings on when CIG gradually started shifting focus to the stretch goal/imaginary spaceship sales snake oil. Are the refunds being offered/given to anyone who put in any money, or just to people who shelled out for the extra snake oil stuff?

I paid for the $45 version and got a refund. I think one goon got a $1500 refund even?

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

I said come in! posted:

No seriously why are we still listening to this dipshit? The Escapist has done far more to blow open the issues with Star Citizen. And by that I mean Derek Smart has yet to say anything we didn't already know.

Nobody gave a poo poo until Derek started writing his novels

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tarranon posted:

Nobody gave a poo poo until Derek started writing his novels

If he wants to say something useful he should update on his lawsuit that he promised was coming within the same time frame as Star Citizen is going to be finished.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

kikkelivelho posted:

That's awesome. I also happen to know what the ship is. Maybe we could compare notes after citizen con?

If you assume they'll want to repeat the Glaive sale, it's either another Vanduul, or something else which could be nearly flight ready, which would be maybe the f8 lightning. Constellation is meant to be nearly ready so they could be unveiling that again after 10 months redesign and selling the new phoenix again.

I doubt many people here care though, it's just going to be interesting to see what they think on Saturday will bring in the most money and that's normally using their nerd magic words of "limited edition" so limited number ships intended to drive impulse buys, "alien" or "military spec" combat ships. For best results combine all three.

AP fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Oct 7, 2015

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Look man, it's either this

Cuntpunch posted:

He doesn't even have to SAY what the prediction is - he posts
code:
807098f0c8cee85292026d0e94168bdbfb05299899494a8e38a41fce2e97aa3d
On twitter. Then after the Scimitar goes on sale for $1250 LTI, he notes that's the SHA-256 hash for 'The next ship will be named the Scimitar.' - which is instantly verifiable.

or this

kikkelivelho posted:

Pics hash or it didn't happen.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

If he wants to say something useful he should update on his lawsuit that he promised was coming within the same time frame as Star Citizen is going to be finished.

November 2015 is when the terms of the original TOS trigger. I really doubt he's going to explain what he's got planned in public at least if/until it happens.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

I have, in my briefcase/doggy carrier, a list of what CIG plans to reveal. I will name six of these items but will withhold the last due to having no desire to spoil the surprise.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

I said come in! posted:

F you!!!!

Derakarsis
Aug 7, 2007
Hope you've had your shots

I said come in! posted:

He doesn't want to say anything useful. He's living with a mental health disorder. He's not going to get better. He's just going to be exactly what he's always been. Star Citizen is likely to release before medical science catches up enough to help. :smith:

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

D_Smart posted:

Spoil Everything.

Also you should totally buy out my account and use it as a new foil to stab at CRoberts. 6 days since request, and I'm getting impatient. I'll be lucky if I hear anything a week after CitCon, assuming it doesn't go up in a huge fireball.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

I said come in! posted:

Vending machines have been beaten up for far less than this.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away
Maybe we could start some form of fundraiser to get the treatment money?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Post a hash and the salt afterward.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Everyone involved in this is a train wreck lmao

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Everyone involved in this is a train wreck lmao

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

AP posted:

If you assume they'll want to repeat the Glaive sale, it's either another Vanduul, or something else which could be nearly flight ready, which would be maybe the f8 lightning. Constellation is meant to be nearly ready so they could be unveiling that again after 10 months redesign and selling the new phoenix again.

I doubt many people here care though, it's just going to be interesting to see what they think on Saturday will bring in the most money and that's normally using their nerd magic words of "limited edition" so limited number ships intended to drive impulse buys, "alien" or "military spec" combat ships. For best results combine all three.

It'll be the Espera Prowler. Military boarding ship, with not only alien stuff, but alien stuff from a never before seen alien race.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
is kimsemus in goonrathi yet or are they pulling a derekt smart "our leaked photos" show evidence that he goonfucked

I've seen those photos and they show the opposit

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
Citizen Con reveal SPOILED: Konami announces Star Citzen pachislot machine, desktop modules 'scaled back'

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

PULL THE LEVER

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

tooterfish posted:

PULL THE LEVER

every time you pull the lever on a Star Citizen pachislot, it backs $100 straight from your bank account

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

tooterfish posted:

It came out.

Sorry, forgot to put that bit on the end, my bad.

Battlecruiser was less complete than Star Citizen is now.

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week

AP posted:

Didn't the limited edition alien ship they were selling at Gamescom do so badly that they made it available via the normal store to everyone? And then it still took a couple days to sell out the 2000 limit?

I think they're kinda reaching whale saturation, unless they do something like a new ship featured prominently in a new demo that appears to be the most amazing thing for FPS module or multicrew or whatever.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

OhDearGodNo posted:

Post a hash and the salt afterward.

Why the gently caress would you even salt something like "This is Derek Smart saying the next ship will be called the Litigator" ? - that poo poo ain't going to be in a rainbow table somewhere. I mean you can literally salt it by adding a period, this isn't like "uh oh what happens if the DB gets hacked a week from now and a million user password hashes get leaked" - it's a unique string with a 1 week deadline.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

2011 posted:

These engines, whether it’s Unreal engine or CryEngine, you can use as a baseline. I could build my own engine…but in today’s world I wouldn’t do that. I’m not sure it’s worth it [rather] than spending my time in making a better gameplay experience and building cool content.

“I’m actually taking a look at the game business now and I see it a bit more like the movie business,” Roberts said. “There are more stable tools, and there’s certainly a much bigger talent base…it just sort of feels like you can do very ambitious, high-end projects and not have to take five years to do them. You can get one done in two years or something. [To] do something pretty special in two years, that hits my creative sweet spot

This is an actual CR quote, apparently.

Never mind the cult, this is the cult leader, and...I have no words. OK, that's a lie.

quote:

I’m actually taking a look at the game business now

I haven't had anything to do with the game business for over a decade, but I have read a few articles whilst high.

quote:

I see it a bit more like the movie business

Which I am obsessed with, but have repeatedly failed to make any impact on.

quote:

There are more stable tools

No-one has to code in assembler any more, and you can license 'engines' pretty cheap. No need to waste money on expensive nerds.

quote:

it just sort of feels like

This is the basis for all sound business decisions.

quote:

you can do very ambitious, high-end projects and not have to take five years to do them

Of course you can. No one else seems to have managed it, but, that's 'cause they are using 'unstable' tools, and listening to techies who make everything sound so complicated.

quote:

do something pretty special in two years

This quote is from 2011, right?

quote:

hits my creative sweet spot

:lesnick:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I said come in! posted:

:eyepop:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Concerned Citizen posted:

No, it was full of bugs but there was a full mound of poo poo game there.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
#iamastarsticezzn

fargom
Mar 21, 2007

I said come in! posted:

:eyepop: D_smart gonna sue you so hard dude. Legal has been notified.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Concerned Citizen posted:

Nope.

It was an unplayable bug-filled mess, but it was a complete unplayable bug-filled mess.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
You'd think they'd want to avoid the word 'Con' right now. But reworking the intro graphics to their demo would probably take them three weeks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Cuntpunch posted:

Why the gently caress would you even salt something like "This is Derek Smart saying the next ship will be called the Litigator" ? - that poo poo ain't going to be in a rainbow table somewhere. I mean you can literally salt it by adding a period, this isn't like "uh oh what happens if the DB gets hacked a week from now and a million user password hashes get leaked" - it's a unique string with a 1 week deadline.

Because he doesn't understand the purpose of a salt. From his wording, he may even think it's some way to reverse the hash.

• Locked thread