Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

It'll be the Espera Prowler. Military boarding ship, with not only alien stuff, but alien stuff from a never before seen alien race.

Is that near flight ready though? Maybe not the best time to be selling concept art I'd have thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Satire
May 3, 2005

Chris Cooley is my Life Coach.

I said come in! posted:

You're more of a loving hack then Star Citizen is. Maybe this is why you're so attached to this? You're both gigantic failures.

Woof!

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Dickwulf got banned from r/dereksmart and is crying about it.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Octopode posted:

Because he doesn't understand the purpose of a salt. From his wording, he may even think it's some way to reverse the hash.

Literally the first intelligent thing you've said in this thread. Congratulations, there might be hope for you yet.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

Battlecruiser was less complete than Star Citizen is now.
Wouldn't know, I'd never even heard of Derek Smart until I found this website.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

AP posted:

Dickwulf got banned from r/dereksmart and is crying about it.

gently caress that perverted cheating freak

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I must defend the espresso machine...

If I had 90 million, the first thing I would buy is a 20k espresso machine.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Cuntpunch posted:

Why the gently caress would you even salt something like "This is Derek Smart saying the next ship will be called the Litigator" ? - that poo poo ain't going to be in a rainbow table somewhere. I mean you can literally salt it by adding a period, this isn't like "uh oh what happens if the DB gets hacked a week from now and a million user password hashes get leaked" - it's a unique string with a 1 week deadline.

Habit.

Octopode posted:

Because he doesn't understand the purpose of a salt. From his wording, he may even think it's some way to reverse the hash.

Huh?

You spent $1500 on Star Citizen

You tried to be a lawyer and got schooled

Out of the past 20 pages, about 10 are spent making fun of you.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Yeah, I used to put too much salt in things too.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Klyith posted:

Didn't the limited edition alien ship they were selling at Gamescom do so badly that they made it available via the normal store to everyone? And then it still took a couple days to sell out the 2000 limit?

I think they're kinda reaching whale saturation, unless they do something like a new ship featured prominently in a new demo that appears to be the most amazing thing for FPS module or multicrew or whatever.

First 4 days of Endeavor sale (I assume the figures are right)

It's beating the Starfarer Gemini, MISC Reliant & Space bus.

Despite most here assuming the Endeaver was going to sell badly, it's going to sell well and they nudged it to get a couple of extra days. Most here are refunding, we're not representative of the wide community of crazy people at all. Most don't know about all the drama, I'd guess the others have long since tuned most of it out.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Jst0rm posted:

I have to admit, this actually makes sense and is understandable.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Despite most here assuming the Endeaver was going to sell badly, it's going to sell well and they nudged it to get a couple of extra days. Most here are refunding, we're not representative of the wide community of crazy people at all. Most don't know about all the drama, I'd guess the others have long since tuned most of it out.

nobody here is assuming this thing is dead. This is like Scientology in the 1990's we got a ways to go.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

I said come in! posted:

I have to admit, this actually makes sense and is understandable.
Really? The first thing I'd buy is a really big suitcase and a plane ticket to the Cayman Islands.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

People are still using CIG's counter?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Is that near flight ready though? Maybe not the best time to be selling concept art I'd have thought.

Two weeks.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

AP posted:

I wonder how many are new people. I'd wager most of them are existing citizens and the whales will run out of money at some point.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Does anyone know how to make reddit work? Like as far as making a subreddit and stuff?

I made https://www.reddit.com/r/ChurchofChrisRoberts/ and would like to jazz it up and then every time I see a true believer in r/StarCitizen I would comment and link the subreddit and give some dumb funny speech inviting them.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Viola! I love it when morons try to talk all sophisticated.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

tooterfish posted:

Really? The first thing I'd buy is a really big suitcase and a plane ticket to the Cayman Islands.

Sure if you're a normal person, but to me the thought "buy an espresso machine" makes sense.

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

I imagine because this was one of the first promised ships? So lots of nerd anticipation built up.

What's left of the original ships? The Crucible?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
why the gently caress are there multiple derek smart reddits

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

People are still using CIG's counter?

The idea the counter is wrong is crazy, sorry but it is. It doesn't count subscriptions, things like the AMD deal and probably doesn't count refunds but it's what their whole crowd funding publicity machine is built on and I can't find words to describe how stupid it would be to fake it for zero advantage.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

Viola! I love it when morons try to talk all sophisticated.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

AP posted:

The idea the counter is wrong is crazy, sorry but it is. It doesn't count subscriptions, things like the AMD deal and probably doesn't count refunds but it's what their whole crowd funding publicity machine is built on and I can't find words to describe how stupid it would be to fake it for zero advantage.

Like refusing to hire people with pubic hair?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Jst0rm posted:

I'd buy a box of teabags and some milk, gently caress those bourgeois motherfuckers and their expresso

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Also, does anyone wanna be a moderator there because I don't know how to use reddit at all like I'm really bad at reddit.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

peter gabriel posted:

I'd buy a box of teabags and some milk, gently caress those bourgeois motherfuckers and their expresso
Not even a kettle?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

tooterfish posted:

Not even a kettle?

I'd bring my own tbh

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

OhDearGodNo posted:

is this an actual detail i missed in the sea of 90 million words?

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler
This thread is getting unfunny mean.

Needs more funny mean.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

That's just normal stupidity which is perfectly understandable and something I'm sure you are quite familiar with. Feel free to explain the justifications behind telling people you raised more money that you did but don't expect a reply from me on that.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Star Citizen is insanely real and good

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

All I know is that we have come full circle. Dr. Derek D. Smart has gone from antagonist to protagonist (with the customary egotistical garnishing), and thus we are clearly in the final act of this play.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

Star Citizen is insanely real and good

This is true, I have played it and it's the future

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol at you idiots who are getting refunds

game owns

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX

Gonkish posted:

All I know is that we have come full circle. Dr. Derek D. Smart has gone from antagonist to protagonist (with the customary egotistical garnishing), and thus we are clearly in the final act of this play.

He is literally jesus. He's bearing the sins of all unbelievers. Post criticism on reddit? You're a dsmart sockpuppet. Even the escapist article, which derek smart had nothing to do with, was squarely blamed on him in CR's insane cocaine-fueled rant. None of this is exaggeration.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Derek's really improved, the article was actually well structured and coherent. The legal to and fro with RSI was an amusing read, and I'm a bit surprised that he's got a competent lawyer.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zo posted:

He is literally jesus. He's bearing the sins of all unbelievers. Post criticism on reddit? You're a dsmart sockpuppet. Even the escapist article, which derek smart had nothing to do with, was squarely blamed on him in CR's insane cocaine-fueled rant. None of this is exaggeration.

if you do anything but literally get down on your knees and slob christ robert's knob then you are a dsmart sockpuppet

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its hilarious that a bunch of clearly mentally normal people at CIG & reddit are almost certainly reading this thread as if there is some kind of conspiracy going on LOL

• Locked thread