Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Another interesting D&D pathology.

Andrast posted:

Man you get really whiny when people call you out on your made up stories

A message written by poster X, whom poster Y personally does not like, is described as "whining" or "complaining". You can type "I like cake" or "the sky is blue" or ask a question about math, and get a response to the tune of "loel ur complaneing again!!! whinare..." especially, it seems, when the whiner-complainer -poster can't really answer or come up with anything else.

It's like the default button next to "submit reply".

We should actually suggest the mods to implement one, it would save people enormous time.

It would cycle a series of regular D&D replies without a person having to type them. They could include at least "ur complaneing", "he is an actual fascist", "right-wingers", "communism would are solve this issue imediatly" and "... but racism and/or race". Also if the thread has anything to do with immigration anywhere, or just people who are not Western, at least "obviously, fundamentalist Christians are the biggest threat to world peace" and " hehehe, MUSLIMS!!!1". (Bizarrely, the latter seems to be a reasonable reply for just about any issue. My studies have not been able to determine why, as of yet.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Ligur posted:

A message written by poster X, whom poster Y personally does not like, is described as "whining" or "complaining". You can type "I like cake" or "the sky is blue" or ask a question about math, and get a response to the tune of "loel ur complaneing again!!! whinare..." especially, it seems, when the whiner-complainer -poster can't really answer or come up with anything else.

We should actually suggest the mods to implement one, it would save people enormous time.

It would cycle a series of regular D&D replies without a person having to type them. They could include at least "ur complaneing", "he is an actual fascist", "right-wingers", "communism would are solve this issue imediatly" and "... but racism and/or race". Also if the thread has anything to do with immigration anywhere, or just people who are not Western, at least "obviously, fundamentalist Christians are the biggest threat to world peace" and " hehehe, MUSLIMS!!!1". (Bizarrely, the latter seems to be a reasonable reply for just about any issue. My studies have not been able to determine why, as of yet.)

:qq:

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

Jerry Cotton posted:

No-one in Finland lives in their parents' basement anyway. As Ligur would know if he ever left his parents' peräkammari.

In addition to some minor things like I'm not actually a Finn at all, do not live here and do not speak Finnish to begin with :v:

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
Did anyone read that new Longplay article "Mullan linnake"? Apparently our prime minister Sipilä has as his closest adviser none other than previous Kepu prime minister Esko Aho.

No wonder our government is such a mess.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Rexroom posted:

Did anyone read that new Longplay article "Mullan linnake"? Apparently our prime minister Sipilä has as his closest adviser none other than previous Kepu prime minister Esko Aho.

No wonder our government is such a mess.

:siren:BREAKING NEWS:siren: Kepuan has another Kepuan as advisor, both are somehow idiots.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

Yes, truly Ligur, that most moral of posters, never resorts into empty, vapid insults instead of replying to the actual points made in a post directed at him. Stop calling the kettle black you racist, if you only would look at yourself you would understand that the kettle is not so different at all. In fact the kettle is exactly same. Wait, I meant "giant bitching hypocrite" not "racist", you must forgive me this is D&D after all it just came out of the blue

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

are happy with yourself ligur, you made him cry

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Jerry Cotton posted:

:siren:BREAKING NEWS:siren: Kepuan has another Kepuan as advisor, both are somehow idiots.

Aho is just trying to make sure he doesn't go down as the worst PM in Finnish history.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Triple A posted:

Aho is just trying to make sure he doesn't go down as the worst PM in Finnish history.

he shouldn't worry, there's always jäätteenmäki

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

DarkCrawler posted:

Yes, truly Ligur, that most moral of posters, never resorts into empty, vapid insults instead of replying to the actual points made in a post directed at him. Stop calling the kettle black you racist, if you only would look at yourself you would understand that the kettle is not so different at all. In fact the kettle is exactly same. Wait, I meant "giant bitching hypocrite" not "racist", you must forgive me this is D&D after all it just came out of the blue

That's ok. I perfectly understand the slip.

You could post

quote:

Obviously literal racism race. Complaining, fascist right-wing racists, MUSLIMS!! Capitalism, literally neoliberals, communism race xenophobia. Brown people. Racism fascists, literally.

And nobody would bat an eye. Some would probably even agree with some measure of pleasure. "Ahh, now that makes sense".

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Triple A posted:

Does Ligur have plat? If so, he's probably sent the worst PMs in history.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

:downsrim:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Jerry Cotton posted:

mygged bra :-DDDD :finland: DDDDDD

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Ligur posted:

That's ok. I perfectly understand the slip.

You could post

And nobody would bat an eye. Some would probably even agree with some measure of pleasure. "Ahh, now that makes sense".

Sure, but unlike you being a racist, you being huge hypocrite who whines more then anyone he ever accuses of whining is an actual real thing though. Just not as catchy.

I only post things that are real and true :eng101:

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Jerry Cotton posted:

he used to have plat but it was unfairly robbed from him

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Triple A posted:

he used to have plat but it was unfairly robbed from him

Well mods/admins sometimes give free plat to good posters so I'm sure this will be rectified.

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Jeesus lupasi lopettaa pahan tahdon ihmisten välillä. Ligur lupasi lopettaa modet.

Ei oo täällä hirveesti modeja näkyny.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

DarkCrawler posted:

Anyone able to point me a source detailing what cuts were done in the 1990's? All I can find out is just the total number of money being cut, nothing that would allow one to compare it to the current ones. It seems weird that in my lifetime we actually had a situation that wasn't precisely equivalent but as close to it one can get, with results that have been observable for the past 25 years, and nobody is making comparisons or predictions based on that. Even if us having our own currency played a part, that could not have been a miracle pill by itself. And it was done mostly by horrible leftgreenliberals too. It seems like it would be a bit relevant in analyzing the effects and potential results of the current cuts.

Also his enemies.

It's not a thorough source but I just ran into this infographic.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Perhaps you too should be more accepting of their cultures

Suomi Finland Hentai

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Puistokemisti posted:

Suomi Finland Hentai

tuliko nyt oikeaan lankaan

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
asiasta toiseen telkkarista tulee tänään a2 jerry springer -ilta pakolaisista

varmaan aika hapokasta matskua

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE

Hogge Wild posted:

You probably need a beer to make it tolerable to watch.

Actually, better make it a whole case of beer.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
It has been stated that I do not read or speak English, Finnish or Swedish or any other known language. It has been speculated that I do not actually live in Finland more than once. People make up quotes by me, and then argue over them in angry tones. My PMs are the stuff of nightmares, my posts cause entire threads to lock up after a slew of middle-finger gifs. It has also been proposed more than once that if I'm not Halla-aho himself, I am not a real person at all, but a secondary account of one or even several other posters. People ask me why I am spoken of like I am either Hitler, the Satan, or both.

Verbal: Who is Keyser Soze? He is supposed to be Turkish. Some say his father was German. Nobody believed he was real. Nobody ever saw him or knew anybody that ever worked directly for him, but to hear Kobayashi tell it, anybody could have worked for Soze. You never knew. That was his power. The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist. And like that, poof. He's gone

Someday I might vanish too, and all these questions will remain unanswered... until one day, a thread with European "liberals" posting about the positive effects of immigration, celebrating diversity, and repeting the word "fascist", receives a post with actual unemployment statistics.

Puistokemisti posted:

Suomi Finland Hentai

I had no idea what "joi" even is. Unfortunately now I do. And is hentai still a thing in some circles? Have I become too ancient to know? What the hell! Tell me this isn't real.

Hogge Wild posted:

I have been avoiding those but a drinking game sounds good right about now.

Take a shot of kossu, Suomi, Leijona or Tapio viina everytime you hear any of the following word or phrases: rasismi, halla-Aho, perussuomalaiset, Soini, Unelma, Sipilän koti, äärioikeisto, velvollisuus, vastuu, kansainväliset sopimukset, vastuu (again for good measure), meillä on vastuu (gently caress yeah again), "Ruotsin sisällissota" (ok leave the latter part out, just Ruotsi is enough), sotalapset, syyrialaisten hätä, "siellä on täysi sota", välimeren hukkuvat lapset, "onhan meillä varaa", and... hey guys, can you think of more?

Then again. I'm a pretty big dude with good alcohol tolerance, but that might finally lead to a visit on the ER.

edit: Ok I invited some people over for a drinking game, the first one to come is a left-wing, green voting feminist journalist to boot (you know, those magical people you guys only thought exist on the internet) so much fun will be had.

Come up with more stuff! I know I have it in you.

Ligur fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Oct 6, 2015

vuohi
Nov 22, 2004

Ligur posted:

I had no idea what "joi" even is.
It is "jerk off instructions". You are supposed to spank your monkey according to orders.

That's how much of a slave people Finns are.

(ur welcome)

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax

vuohi posted:

It is "jerk off instructions". You are supposed to spank your monkey according to orders.

That's how much of a slave people Finns are.

(ur welcome)

WHO NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SPANK THE MONKEY

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Ligur posted:

WHO NEEDS INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO SPANK THE MONKEY

How are you supposed to know to disengage the Princeton rod without instruction?

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
The Finnish youth is in a worse shape I thought.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Humanitaarinen kriisi, suvaita, maahanmuuttokriittinen, kukkahattu, elintasopakolainen/surffari.

Come on guyz.

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007
This whole thread has been raging at the people who don't want Saracen invasion to their homes

Ligur posted:

Tell me this isn't real.

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
Thnx brah.

SnowblindFatal
Jan 7, 2011

Rexroom posted:

You probably need a beer to make it tolerable to watch.

Actually, better make it a whole case of beer.

I'm thinking something like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P1yufd_-z4

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
This A2 thing has the exact same problem as the ones before it. They're trying too hard to make a big TV show about it, and there's too many people there for any real discussion to happen. It's also really awkward, bunch of solemn people on state TV earnestly making common-good programming.

doverhog fucked around with this message at 19:52 on Oct 6, 2015

Ligur
Sep 6, 2000

by Lowtax
I bunch of people discussing who suspect at least half of them communicate on bad faith about everything usually turns up REALLY WELL.

See: an internet thread.

My favourite is still the one where people ended up with threats of violence over painting a carage.

Herman Merman
Jul 6, 2008

Hogge Wild posted:

sure thing rainman

that''s ableism

throw to first DAMN IT
Apr 10, 2007

http://www.taloussanomat.fi/porssi/2015/10/07/tanaan-on-h-hetki-suomen-pankki-katkaisee-velkakierteen/201513001/170

More I read about economics at national levels, less I understand.

quote:

Siitä EKP sen paremmin kuin Suomen Pankki eivät ole kertoneet sanaakaan, milloin ja miten ne aikovat aikanaan purkaa tukiostoin kokoamaansa hervotonta velkakirjasalkkua. Yksi käypä mahdollisuus on, että eivät milloinkaan eivätkä mitenkään.

Mikään ei ole Suomen Pankille helpompaa kuin pitää ostetut velkakirjat hallussa niiden eräpäivään asti ja erääntymisen jälkeen ostaa samalla summalla uusia samanlaisia velkakirjoja tilalle.

Kun SP vielä tilittää kyseisistä velkakirjoista saamansa korkotulot voitonjakona takaisin korot maksaneelle valtiolle, on tämä osa valtion velasta yhtä tyhjän kanssa.
:confused:

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Serious post because I am dumb: How is that different from the US Fed "printing money"? If our government owes money to our central bank, isn't that basically our central bank saying "yeah we're good for this guys" and thereby creating money?

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
the whole purpose of central banks is printing money (usually not literally) and controlling money flows

Rappaport
Oct 2, 2013

Nauta posted:

the whole purpose of central banks is printing money (usually not literally) and controlling money flows

Sure, but Suomen Pankki can't be a lender of last resort since we don't have our own currency. Doesn't this imply there's an inherent assumption that either the ECB will bail us out (it won't, as seen with Greece) or that we can always handle our own debt/there will never be a crisis that threatens Suomen Pankki's account balance?

DanTheFryingPan
Jan 28, 2006
They took away our Ligur :(

I demand a kansalaisaloite to unprobate him immediately! (And just ban him from ScanPol, kthx)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

DanTheFryingPan posted:

I demand a kansalaisaloite to unprobate him immediately!

Sure if that comes with a perma-ban.

• Locked thread