Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elucidarius
Oct 14, 2006

overseer07 posted:

drat, front row is nice. I'm sitting way back in row K. The wife didn't want to shell out for VIP

"way back". I'm in A. Not too far.

I really am so excited for the meet and greet with ALL of them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
I have yet to crack down on finding the correct combination of proxys and browser add-ons to watch this but...
Rumor has it that the logo tv site has commentary on this week's season 4 untucked episode by one ms. Alaska Thunderfuck 5000

Edit: correction: every season 4 untucked now has a version with Alaska commentary. 3 are out so far :derp:

CHiRAL fucked around with this message at 13:17 on Aug 23, 2015

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.
I don't know if you like cats like I like cats, but here is a cat recreating past RuPaul Drag Race looks. It has made my night. For a taste:

https://instagram.com/rupaws_drag_race/

Some of the Untucked videos cracked me up.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Obligatory post about all the Drag Race alumni in Miley's performance last night...

http://www.towleroad.com/2015/08/miley-cyrus-and-the-queens-of-rupauls-drag-race-slay-the-vmas-with-dooo-it-watch/

Werq Laganja with that death drop on MTV.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats
Someone on ONTD (don't judge me) made a post about possible contestants on AllStars 2 based on their activity (or lack thereof) on social media.

For the lazy, the list of queens is as follows:

Alyssa Edwards
Alaska Thunderfuck
Katya
Detox
Adore Delano
Tatianna
Roxxxy Andrews
Phi Phi O'Hara
Coco Montrese
Kelly Mantle
Lineysha Sparx

God I want this to be real so bad.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

oliven posted:

Someone on ONTD (don't judge me) made a post about possible contestants on AllStars 2 based on their activity (or lack thereof) on social media.

For the lazy, the list of queens is as follows:

Alyssa Edwards
Alaska Thunderfuck
Katya
Detox
Adore Delano
Tatianna
Roxxxy Andrews
Phi Phi O'Hara
Coco Montrese
Kelly Mantle
Lineysha Sparx

God I want this to be real so bad.

Detox, Tati, Roxxy, Phi Phi, Coco. They really want to make sure that there is going to be as much drama as possible this season, huh! Count me in!

Alaska, Katya, and Adore, that's your final three right there. Please god, no teams though this season.

And good for them to give Kelly Mantle another chance to prove just how boring she is.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

If that's true, then they gave Alyssa a pass to perform in the VMAs this weekend.

e: Or they just finished filming.

oliven
Jan 25, 2006

love all cats

Pinwiz11 posted:

If that's true, then they gave Alyssa a pass to perform in the VMAs this weekend.

e: Or they just finished filming.

Or she got cut early :(. Speculations, speculations!

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef
That lineup looks amazing. Speaking of Alyssa, I read yesterday that there might be a reality show set in her dance studio, and I really hope that happens. Seems like it might involve a bunch of Drag Race alumni. Vivienne Pinay is apparently Alyssa's personal assistant, and I assume Laganja's still hanging around some, so it'd be sort of a Drag Race B-team spinoff.

Also, my girlfriend's still on her Drag Race fanart kick. Someone get this ill-advised tattoo:

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

New Willam video with Rhea. I wouldn't be watching this at work, obs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oOXCCI31m_g

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe
I was just thinking... Is there a link to a page where all of the looks from each season are contained?

I always like to look back on what everyone wore.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
Can I just say in this thread since I know no one else to say it to, that Latrice motherfuckin' Royale is one of the classiest bitches ever to be on Drag Race? :3: He (I never know which pronoun to use when but he wasn't in drag so?) posted a picture of his belt on his Facebook page to show his weight loss and I sent him a message saying congratulations since I knew how hard it was since I'm doing the same thing, and thanking him for being kind of an inspiration in his attitude with it that he's shown. Then an hour later, just now I got a really lovely IM from him saying thank you and how much he appreciates the support and such. It was such an unnecessary but classy little gesture.

Latrice for All Stars 2, please.

Latrice Katya Willam Alaska Detox Milk Trixie Ongina for her little hats and of course Raven because who else can be 2nd.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.
That's really sweet :3:

Also, redditors have all but confirmed the cast of All Stars 2 and are fairly certain about the cast of season 8. I haven't checked the AS2 list yet, I'm not sure if I want to know!

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Fantastisk posted:

That's really sweet :3:

Also, redditors have all but confirmed the cast of All Stars 2 and are fairly certain about the cast of season 8. I haven't checked the AS2 list yet, I'm not sure if I want to know!

The predictions for the All Stars 2 cast mostly makes sense, although one season has an overabundance of representation.

I'm not going to bother with checking out with the suspected cast for season 8 though. I've looked the last few seasons, and those guys over there on reddit are obsessed with some of these queens in an unhealthy way. Every season they pick one or two queens who they just know who are going to take the whole thing, when in reality they end up spinning out by at the very latest the Snatch Game.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
Reddit actually have a couple of confirmed queens from a member of the audience for one challenge leaking them. I always enjoy watching them go at it but I don't really care about the results till the show airs. C'mon Nancy Drews!

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Yeah the Season 8 list they've put together looks pretty solid, and there's less of the "Secret Asian Queen" nonsense there was last year, where the sub was convinced Asia Persuasia was going to jump out of a box in episode 3 or something.

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
For those who have Hulu, season 7 is up.

Mouse Dresser
Sep 4, 2002

This isn't Middle Earth, Quentin. There aren't enough noble quests to go around.
:sigh: I really wish Willam was on All-Stars.

His youtube channel is great and all, but I am experiencing a devastatingly low level of sass and shade on my television screen. Maggie Smith in "Downton Abbey" can only provide so much.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!
Why would they ever bring Willam back? He's great, but he basically told production to go gently caress themselves.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Beautiful cinnamon roll too good for this world, too pure

So a friend of mine stopped RPDR at Sharon's crowning. He's never seen any of the other seasons. Should he start from the top with Jinxks, or just head to the amazing Bianca's? Maybe go to the most recent Violet?

He's binge-watching Downton Abbey, so I'm highly tempted to push him towards season 6.

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Pan Dulce posted:

So a friend of mine stopped RPDR at Sharon's crowning. He's never seen any of the other seasons. Should he start from the top with Jinxks, or just head to the amazing Bianca's? Maybe go to the most recent Violet?

He's binge-watching Downton Abbey, so I'm highly tempted to push him towards season 6.

I'd show Jinxk's just for the power of the Snatch Game/editing room. Bianca's run is great, but you know by episode three she's going to win it all, and the edit doesn't even try to hide it. I mean, at least make a TOKEN effort, even if it is impossible.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I'd avoid showing anyone Season 7.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
I found the season infuriating with the heavy handedness of Jinx's underdog edit.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
The Alyssa/Coco feud was also insufferable. On the other hand, Alaska :allears:

Watrick
Mar 15, 2007

C:enter:###
I watched a few episodes of season 7. When does it start to get good?

Chaotic Flame
Jun 1, 2009

So...

Watrick posted:

:smith:

Bina
Dec 28, 2011

Love Deluxe

CHiRAL posted:

I was thinking Laganja was insufferable enough.

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Bina posted:

I was thinking Laganja was insufferable enough.

Laganja quite possibly overshadows my hatred of Phi Phi. Then I watch Phi Phi's season and I don't know who's worse again.

Nihonniboku
Aug 11, 2004

YOU CAN FLY!!!

Watrick posted:

When it ended?

Katja was really the only good part of season 7, and she had more of a presence in the revamped, more real, and more boring version of Untucked.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming

CHiRAL posted:

Also, Alyssa. :allears:

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

After a long night of hooking, trade didn't like the session, so he had gutted me and set me on fire, but, you know, I didn't die. I had crystallized, and now I'm a glamazon bitch ready for the runway.

Nihonniboku posted:

When it ended?

Katja was really the only good part of season 7, and she had more of a presence in the revamped, more real, and more boring version of Untucked.

I feel like I'm the only person who actually liked the new Untucked more :( But yeah, season 7 is not a good season, but Untucked made it slightly better. Also, if you're interested in seeing more of Katya, she made two YouTube series with an episode to go with each episode of the show, called RuGrets (in which she talks about regrets in the show and in her life - it's hilarious) and RuFlections (in which she showcases more of Katya as a character).

I found a supercut of the first 10 episodes of season 7 that has Untucked and all bonus scenes chronologically edited into each episode. I haven't watched any of it yet, but I think it will make for a neat viewing experience!

the popular kids
Dec 27, 2010

Time for some thrilling heroics.

Fantastisk posted:

I found a supercut of the first 10 episodes of season 7 that has Untucked and all bonus scenes chronologically edited into each episode. I haven't watched any of it yet, but I think it will make for a neat viewing experience!

Where? I need this.

I enjoyed season 7 but I really liked Katya and Violet. I follow Violet on Facebook and he has some of the most gorgeous photoshoots and outfits.

shadow puppet of a
Jan 10, 2007

NO TENGO SCORPIO

Season 5 and 6 of drag race were the good seasons. Make friend watch them. Season 7 was 33% throwbacks and callbacks to those seasons anyway so it would make a humdrum season worse to not understand those references.

Fantastisk
May 19, 2011

Emily A. Stanton posted:

Where? I need this.

I enjoyed season 7 but I really liked Katya and Violet. I follow Violet on Facebook and he has some of the most gorgeous photoshoots and outfits.

I don't think I'm allowed to post the link directly because of :filez:, but go to the subreddit and search for it there with some of the keywords I mentioned!

I also liked season 7, but I think it's because it was the first season I followed "live", and the first one after I had read a bunch of behind-the-scenes stuff. I love all the season 7 queens, it's just that the show itself was kind of... weird? So you had to check out a bunch of extra stuff to find what they were actually like.

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.
^^^ I believe they're called "Chronological edits"

Season 7... was weird. I enjoyed it a lot but if it wasn't for the new untucked format I'd probably hate it. I feel like it's made for the hardcore RPDR fans that are able to watch the queens do nothing for 10 minutes and enjoy every second of it.

I personally enjoyed most of the queens from this season but as the hype dwindles the numbers are decreasing... in the end, probably only these two will be left standing in my drag pantheon (and I honestly like Trixie a lot more after seeing what she's like when she's not edited into st. Barbie :allears:)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, I kind of felt like Untucked overshadowed the actual show a lot of the time this year. There were some really good moments on the show and there were some incredibly talented queens but the show itself was just kind of... there, in comparison to Untucked where you had Katya & Ginger hanging out on loading docks and poo poo. Violet was a solid queen but did not have anything particularly memorable for me in terms of personality in the same way that someone like Bianca or even Jinkx had, as irritating as Jinkx's season was by the end with the edits.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Hadn't seen this before, 40 minutes of blooper reel stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-FmP1-ySY

CHiRAL
Mar 29, 2010

Anus.

angerbeet posted:

Hadn't seen this before, 40 minutes of blooper reel stuff:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EA-FmP1-ySY

Those were posted in snippets on the wow! Presents! channel a little bit after the finale. This person just edited them together.

Meanwhile Willam has a new video on his channel where he goes to gay camp.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Goddamn, I wish it were possible for Willam to be on All Stars 2 :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pan Dulce
Jan 4, 2011

Tendai posted:

Goddamn, I wish it were possible for Willam to be on All Stars 2 :allears:

He was on DragU because someone's contract couldn't go through completely. He wouldn't say whose, but I'm thinking Phi Phi after the whole "sunglasses in Texas stolen and given a warrant" was still up in the air. So it could happen again; we can all hope. But I have no clue. I didn't watch DragU. Is it any good?

• Locked thread