Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

The Prowler was known before this. Supposedly the ship being revealed is completely new. My guess is the new corvette after the Idris became a frigate.

Not completely new last I heard, just totally unseen. They e specifically said its not the Corvette as no artists have been assigned it yet and the Crucible is out which just leaves the Prowler, which was said to be neck and neck with the Endeavour for design/concept completeness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

- the entire concept of an information courier
- cargo actually being modeled and simulated down to the individual item

(i came up with them)

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

The whole seamless transition between entering exiting and flying your ship looked cool, and the gigantic space stations/capital ships looked rad. The Reclaimer had a cool claw thing on it but I have only ever seen 8-bit art of it so I could be mistaken.

My most favorite part of SC by far are peter gabriel's posts itt

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

kikkelivelho posted:

A PVP slider that undermines the very concept of an open world.

It still makes me laugh that anyone ever thought they were going to grief someone's thousand dollar autism chariot in the BDSAUYIUDSHGSE

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

electronic warfare minigames

imma be over here playing bookworm adventures against an enemy ship while everyone else aboard gets to, you know, shoot poo poo.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
Three complete alien languages.
Pets.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Are you a Star Citizen? Because I can sell you some jpegs for real money.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

http://www.pcgamesn.com/star-citizen/star-citizens-pace-of-funding-has-accelerated-and-its-powered-by-new-backers

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Just close your eyes and let me read you a story. Your story.

Imagine for a second the following: you're travelling around in the verse. Your aurora, old and rusty, isn't the beauty it was when your father bought it 30 years ago but it's yours now and it just feels like home.

Imagine.

Flying your ship you see a little shiny dot in the infinite blackness of the void and decide to travel to it. Quantum Drive engaged, this little dot becomes a dot, then a bigger dot, then big enough for you to understand it's a planet. As you head to it you perceive a little line splitting the planet in two parts and you quickly understand this is an asteroid ring orbiting around it.

Now imagine.

Because this way is much funnier than everything else you do not avoid the asteroid ring and dive right through it to reach the planet hidden behind. Asteroids, huge behemoths and little stones are all around you, surrounding you. You start to sweat in your helmet and your hands are stapled to the joystick as you try to avoid collisions. As soon as you leave the ring your eyes are wide opened and you are struck by the beauty of the planet now filling your whole field of vision.

You can't resist anymore and start your descent towards this giant planet, your brain already anticipating all the life, minerals, and landscapes you will discovered down to it. You are now in the heavy atmosphere and fly over a huge huge ocean. Not a single piece of ground nor forest nor grass on sight and then, suddenly, you catch on the horizon line something floating on the water. Full thrust you head to it and realize this is an island, a tiny one with some rocks here and there, a dozen of trees are projecting their shadows on the sandy beach where you decide to land your Aurora. Dust of sand flies around your ship in vortex while you land and everything becomes silence and beauty as you shut down your engine.

Clap. Clap.

Seat belt is detached, you can now open the side door, get down the ladder and walk the hot sand. A red crab starts to stare at you from the top of a rock then quickly slides off its back and hides underneath and you feel drat good.

Now open your eyes.

Everything above happened without a single loading screen nor any cut scene. You played it. You flew it. You lived it. Like you would do if you really were flying your own ship in the reality if only we had space ships instead of cars in our garages. This is the summum of immersion, the best kind you can ever dream of, and if CR is right, we might be able to have it for Star Citizen V1.0 (please please please let me dream until saturday and don't tell me procedural generation will only be used to create asteroid fields, please).

We might be able to see some things related to procedural generation at citizencon, but now, while we all wait for it: dream with me!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

How likely is it that current shitizens buy more accounts?

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Gryphon0468 posted:

Not completely new last I heard, just totally unseen. They e specifically said its not the Corvette as no artists have been assigned it yet and the Crucible is out which just leaves the Prowler, which was said to be neck and neck with the Endeavour for design/concept completeness.

My source was very clear that it's not the prowler or the crucible. Also not a Vanduul ship.

Derek Smart could confirm all this if he wasn't such a stealth Star Citizen fanboy who doesn't want to ruin Roberts' big reveal.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflz posted:

It still makes me laugh that anyone ever thought they were going to grief someone's thousand dollar autism chariot in the BDSAUYIUDSHGSE

What's the point of insurance if you can just ignore PVP whenever you want?

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
There appears to be some dissention forming in the ranks of sincere citizens.

Edit : Link - https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/288049/cig-should-impose-a-2-3-year-lockdown-and-only-come-out-when-at-beta#latest

Jethro_E7 fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Oct 7, 2015

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

I want to be infected with space clap.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

The response Derek Smart would send if he had a sense of humor.....

Dear Kevin/Daddy,

I read your most recent post and I am going to sew you. As I write this email I am reading it out to my pretend lawyers; Brother, Sewing, Machine & Co. Whilst I may not be able to legally use a Coke vending machine in 37 states, I can goggle and dial digits, BOOM! I have a Windows Mobile Phone, so bing works too.... I did't Goggle it. OWNT.

What you are too dumb to get, is that the Star Citizens guys sent their legal letter to the wrong Motel 6. I was at the one called Motel 1.3. I stay there all the time, it is my MetaMotel. Crap just got meta!

I am going to ask you nicely, can you please get off my rear end? I am merely trying to highlight the dangers of crowd funding whilst kicking the nuts off another game which I have zero visibility into. OK, I grant you the last time that I was relevant was prior to the TV series M.A.S.H being good, but you are just being mean.

I understand your point that I tried to strong arm every media outlet in the space into writing about Star Citizen failing, I might still be right and if I am thank god for blind sheep and goats. In the off chance that I fail, I would point you to the amazing made up PhD I currently don’t hold and internets.

I just feel that you are being unfair. It takes a long time to write a manual. When you posted a Vine of your dogs rear end with the inference that your dog could crap out a better manual than me, that hurt Daddy. Not as much as it hurt having four publishers kick my rear end to the curb, but it hurt.

Now as you know, I am the Donald Trump of video games. I swear, I really do on a stack of bibles, that the evidence I provide is the truth, the half truth and nothing like the truth so help the Coke vending machines.

I pinky promise that I will deliver you a Tuna Melt Sandwich tomorrow. Would you like Pringles with that?

You are still my spirit daddy,

Donald…. Crap, I mean Derek!

https://kevin-dent.squarespace.com/blog/

νεκρός εναντίον πεθαμένου.

lauresh
Jun 1, 2013

What are we having for dinner?

Paladinus posted:

How likely is it that current shitizens buy more accounts?

The pubbies like to put all their ships on the one account so they can tell everyone how much money they've spent but saying that I know for certain the "almost 1mil people" is made up of both actual people and alts

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
didnt Roberts promise that loading and unloading your ship was like a tetris style minigame of fitting irregular boxes into a rectangular hold

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Dusty Lens posted:

But why Gary Oldman.

Whyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

"People ask me why I'm playing in this picture. The answer is simple: Money, dear boy."
— Laurence Olivier

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Decryption passphrase required... : ************** Decrypting... Decrypting...

Forwarded by Outlaw Strifeclaw...

To all Outlaws, we who looked to the stars and saw no gods... Activate Protocol Outlaw Strike.

The recent actions of the UEE and Vanduul Fleet in Vega Sector have forced us to take action to protect the lives of the innocent. We have evidence to believe that the UEE was not only aware of the incoming attack, but that their actions prodded the enemy fleet toward specific targets in the Vega Sector.

Attached to this message are modification algorithms for previously sent coordinate data, those who are Combat Capable please follow data-set Wolf, those who are Support and Supply Capable follow Data-set Ox, those who are Information Capable please follow Data-set Crow.

Mission sets will be distributed at meeting points, along with supplies and munitions, as always the choice is your own, we only ask that you keep your Kin informed and protect those that need it. Pirate-Outlaw allegiance has been activated and you should not be burdened by any pirate activity, if you encounter any issues with them hail and re-invoke the allegiance message. Ox and Crow report any issues, Wolf weapons hot on those who disregard.

Wolf members will be participating in a Vanguard excursion following the retreating Vanduul Fleet, any UEE ships located are weapons free to be targeted and destroyed. Any data, UEE equipment or UEE military recovered should be reported immediately via standard information relay protocol for collection by Crow elements. Primary Goals are recording Vanduul Fleet movement, and UEE fleet movement along with destruction of any craft from both factions, recovery of Vanduul ships should also be of primary concern, but only where feasible.

Ox and Crow will be briefed separately and are at liberty to perform actions as they wish, supply and information assets will be provided at meeting areas along with updated data transfer protocols for Crow members. Any information on the Vanduul excursion that links to UEE knowledge or operations should be reported up immediately.

Against Fear and Tyranny we Outlaws stand Alone, may your will be your guide...

~Outlaw Kraye

Forward via Standard Burst Transmission? Yes

Encrypting... Encrypting... Transmitting... Transmitting...

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Madcosby posted:

didnt Roberts promise that loading and unloading your ship was like a tetris style minigame of fitting irregular boxes into a rectangular hold

Yes. But worse.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/comm-link/engineering/14677-Cargo-Interaction

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Jethro_E7 posted:

There appears to be some dissention forming in the ranks of sincere citizens.

This person is already at stage 3, bargaining.

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Paladinus posted:

This person is already at stage 3, bargaining.

"In CR I trust, He will show us the way"

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Why do some people care about the name of upcoming jpg's? It's like asking what the file name of the jpg is going to be or something. None of them are real or will likely be real so who cares? :gerty:

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

That tree that blossoms once every hundred years

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Definitely not a fake job post posted:

Senior Vehicle Artist

Santa Monica, CA

Posted:08/06/2015
Cloud Imperium Games in Santa Monica, CA is seeking an experienced, ultra-talented Senior Vehicle Artist to create incredibly realistic space ships, ship Weapons, and other vehicles.

The ideal candidate has a strong conceptual eye, builds film resolution assets, understands modular kit-based construction, understands how to construct assets in use with PBR materials, has exceptionally strong hard surface modeling skills, and has a passion for art. They understand all phases of environment creation from block out through lighting; works well with others, and communicates with peers and other disciplines in a collaborative team process.

Responsibilities:

• Translate Concept Art ship and ship weapon art to final in-game vehicles and assets.
• Conceptualize, and create spectacular ships, and ship assets in collaboration with the Art Director, Designers, and peers across geographically dispersed teams.
• Work in collaboration with the Concept Artists and Art Directors to maintain visual style and quality.
• Level up your team’s skills through mentorship, production process and artistic techniques.
• Keep your skills sharp and up to date, staying on top of technical trends.
• Create amazing, lifelike work.

Requirements:

• Thorough knowledge of the game development process.
• Previous experience creating high quality environments or vehicles for AAA games.
• Strong working knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and PBR materials, as well as experience in using editors to lay out environments.
• Experience creating environments or vehicles using modular systems.
• An understanding of effective asset creation and optimization.
• Experience with PRB materials
• A keen eye for spatial composition and building believable scenes.
• Excellent sense of form, mass and volume.
• Passion for pushing the state of the art in asset fidelity and production techniques.
• High degree of self-motivation and initiative.
• Hard Surface Modeling

Pluses:

• Experience with Cry Engine.
• Hard surface modeling experience.
• Experience using ZBrush or Mudbox for organic shapes.
• Knowledge and/or experience with PBR (physically based rendering).
• Experience with programmatic and/or parametric environment generation tools.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Experience in architecture, interior or industrial design.
• A passion for science fiction and space simulations.

Please send your resume to hr@cloudimperiumgames.com with “Senior Vehicle Artist” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.

I can't believe this company. Yall sucked deeply of Croberts cock.

WTB 1 Jesus employee posted:

Technical Designer

Santa Monica, CA

Posted:08/06/2015
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking a skilled Technical Designer to help in creating gameplay systems, game modes and scripted events for our ambitious space simulation, Star Citizen!

Responsibilities:

• Design and develop new features for Star Citizen.
• Be the “go to” person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy programmer/designer interaction.
• Be a role model within the department for cleanly implementing content with our design tools and scripting language.
• Develop prototypes that clearly articulate the vision of the features for which you are responsible.
• Pitch concepts, designs and full-proposals to project leads.
• Partner with cross-disciplinary teams to execute game systems.
• Use expert data analysis skills to plot how the game is being used. Draw conclusions and make recommendations for how to improve the experience.
• Identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project.
• Review work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements.
• Routinely collect feedback from user-testing, the development team and design management. Identify solutions to the problems expressed that won’t negatively impact other systems or mechanics.

Requirements:

• Minimum of 2 years of game industry experience.
• Knowledge and experience with a C style programming or scripting language.
• Must have knowledge in writing script to handle gameplay systems such as basic AI behavior, cooperative mechanics, weapons, and, scripted sequences.
• Ability to collaborate well with other team members.
• Strong time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.lol just lol
• Strong communicator, both oral and written.
• A passion for playing games.

Pluses:

• Prior experience with the CryEngine.
• Knowledge and prior experience with multiple scripting languages.
• MP debugging experience.
• A love of science fiction.

Please send your resume to hr@cloudimperiumgames.com with “Technical Designer” in the subject line if you are interested in this position.

Most the job opportunities were posted over 2 months ago. I wonder why nobody wants to work at CIG?

Job Discription: Save Sandi's rear end posted:

Associate Marketing Producer (Gaming Experience...

Santa Monica, CA

Posted:09/24/2015
Cloud Imperium Games is seeking an Associate Marketing Producer for our record-breaking crowd-funded game ‘Star Citizen.’ This is a full-time position located in our Santa Monica, CA studio. The ideal candidate will be a driven self-starter with strong organizational and analytical skills, and a keen mind for marketing in the video game industry.

Responsibilities:

• Support Vice President of Marketing on the coordination and execution of all marketing initiatives. VP of Marketing is Sandi
• Work with both internal and external resources to prepare and finalize promotional materials and assets.
• Provide copywriting support and proofreading skills on various marketing materials and initiatives, across a broad range of mediums, including print, video, web, and interactive digital content.
• Assist in the development of web and email promotional campaigns.
• Support trade show display and promotional material development. Attend remote events and provide staff-level support.
• Prepare regular marketing reports and maintain the marketing calendar.
• Develop informative and compelling presentations for a variety of events.
• Monitor and evaluate customer data and analytics.
• Serve as a point-of-contact for the web team in regards to all updates, including promotional items, videos, images, press releases, etc.
• Analyze effectiveness of marketing materials. Develop project work plans; track, monitor, and drive forward progress.
• Conduct market research as needed; stay up-to-date on market trends and tendencies.
• Liaise with global development teams to ensure that all marketing initiatives and requirements are broadly communicated and appropriately scheduled. Follow up and track progress, and communicate any risks and issues.
• Execute special projects as needed.
• Liaise with outside agencies, third-party vendors, and strategic partners. Coordinate communication regarding deliverables, deadlines, and any special information as it relates to marketing materials and programs.
• Ensure consistency of message, brand standards, and effectiveness among all forms of communication.
• Track and report on competitive products, offers, marketing efforts, strategies, etc.

Requirements:

• Must have gaming experience.
• Must be based in the Los Angeles area.
• 1-2 years of experience in a marketing, communications, or production role.
• Strategic thinker with excellent analytical skills.
• Strong decision making and problem solving abilities.
• Exceptional organizational skills and strong attention to detail.
• Ability to summarize key action points from meetings and then follow up on execution and progress.
• Ability to multi-task and juggle multiple deadlines.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Team player and self-starter, with the ability to be innovative, professional and resourceful.
• Strong time-management skills, with an ability to plan and work backwards from an established deadline to achieve desired results.
• Advanced proficiency with PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Excel, and other common forms of productivity software.
• A passion and enthusiasm for science fiction and interactive software and games.

So many of these positions have been unfilled for months. I swear many of these postings are bullshit to make it appear CIG is a growing company. The Austin, TX postings are the biggest eyebrow-raisers:
According to the Wayback Machine, there were two jobs in Austin TX posted in January 2015; one senior server engineer and one associate server engineer. Both listings stayed up until.... both positions were re-posted again at the end of July, along with a bunch of (still up) job listings for the Austin Office. I wonder what happened in July?

In conclusion, gently caress Gryphon0468.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Maldoror posted:

Why do some people care about the name of upcoming jpg's? It's like asking what the file name of the jpg is going to be or something. None of them are real or will likely be real so who cares? :gerty:

guy.brush

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Not a feature of SC, but all the people who are excited at that prospect of creating space trucking cartels

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

The annoying thing about them spending all their time on that is it's already a solved problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Intermodal_container

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Ponzi Scheme powered by new investors

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
What's an "incredibly realistic space ship" ? How can someone do something that won't exist for decades in a realistic manner?

Except by drawing a jpeg...

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

kikkelivelho posted:

A PVP slider that undermines the very concept of an open world.

This is one of my favorites too

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Lu Yan posted:

• Be the “go to” person for the implementation of complex content that stretches the capabilities of existing systems, or projects that require heavy programmer/designer interaction.

so like all that poo poo i'd said i do for all that money, could you please, like, get it done for me

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

tbf thats probably what would really happen in a real ship like that in space for some reason or another

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

kikkelivelho posted:

My source was very clear that it's not the prowler or the crucible. Also not a Vanduul ship.

Derek Smart could confirm all this if he wasn't such a stealth Star Citizen fanboy who doesn't want to ruin Roberts' big reveal.

And your source is? Because my sources are the CIG devs posting on reddit directly.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Maldoror posted:

tbf thats probably what would really happen in a real ship like that in space for some reason or another

In the future $10 tiedown straps do not exist

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Maldoror posted:

But...but..quantum stasis chambers! I think there was a 20 thread at the RSI forums by fans explaining how it works in their minds SC.

Dante80 fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Oct 7, 2015

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING
Oh another one. Maximum speed of what was it? Point 3 C?

Interplanetary travel is going to be a blast.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

MeLKoR posted:

What's the point of insurance if you can just ignore PVP whenever you want?

Having a time limited item that puts pressure on people to buy then and not wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
you know what would be cool is an accurate rendering of event horizon's captain miller's description of a zero gravity fire

can that be in the game

• Locked thread