Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

D_Smart posted:

Heck, I have three accounts.

:psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Gryphon0468 posted:

Oh I can't wait. Btw how many people were playing your game on average? What was it, 3,4?

You seem hurt.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

D_Smart posted:

I will reveal it on Sat morning. No, it's not the Prowler or the Crucible.

The plot thickens.

Marathanes
Jun 13, 2009

D_Smart posted:

goons ruin everything

:perfect:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Space Forklift Simulator but without the fun of driving a forklift.

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Oct 7, 2015

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

D_Smart posted:

Because it is common knowledge that goons ruin everything I will reveal the name of the ship to Beer4theBeerGod and he can then decide if he wants to leak it - and when. So, B4BG, go ahead and DM me on Twitter.

But you have platinum

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Dante80 posted:

Not time compression, time scaling. A game day will take 3 RL hours to pass for example, and time is universal for all players.
They need time scaling for things like day/night transitions in planetary maps, player aging efffects etc. At least, thats what they are saying.
Regarding the speed of travel, it does not matter anyway. The speed - and the size of a star system - will depend (if CIG are good with this) on the mean time needed for the average player to have a satisfactory gaming session. I can't imagine taking more than 10 minutes to cross a system from one end to the other in fast travel.

player aging effects?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

D_Smart posted:

Because it is common knowledge that goons ruin everything

This is true, though.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

D_Smart posted:

Aside from the fact that the math is wrong (I ran the numbers myself and this chart also helps https://goo.gl/fz1Tso), there is no question in my mind that backers are creating new accounts and pledging. Heck, I have three accounts.

Why couldn't they forcibly refund all of them?

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

It's cute that there's people talking about Star Citizen like it's a game.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

D_Smart posted:

Because it is common knowledge that goons ruin everything I will reveal the name of the ship to Beer4theBeerGod and he can then decide if he wants to leak it - and when. So, B4BG, go ahead and DM me on Twitter.

You are the best, this owns.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

I know it won't happen because CRoberts won't leave the safety of the brown sea, but God, if you make him show up and throw down with Smart ITT, I'll start going back to church. :toxx:

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Gryphon0468 posted:

Oh I can't wait. Btw how many people were playing your game on average? What was it, 3,4?

how many people are playing star citizen?

e-

you spent $2500 on it and still can't play it.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Gryphon0468 posted:

trbh, I don't check those metrics because since most of the game's critical components (aircraft, vehicles) aren't unlocked yet, there's not much to "play". My plan has always to focus on networking, stability, while doing all the easy stuff first. As a small team, we don't have the luxury of pissing around without direction. If the game wasn't even on EA, nobody would be part of the dev process. gamedev is not always glamorous but it is what it is. Anyway, aircraft and vehicles, as well as another open free play test are coming before the holidays.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Nation posted:

player aging effects?

Oh yes. And this means pet aging effects too.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Gryphon0468 posted:

whooof. this post was a doozy.

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
B4BG release the name

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

how many people are playing star citizen?

Less than 100 last time we checked the metrics. And that's from over $1m people. Yeah, there is that.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gryphon0468 posted:

at least the game is real.

you drank so deep into Crobizzle's rear end that you gave $2.5k for .jpgs oh and you apparently beg for money on patreon.

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

KillHour posted:

Just a quick reminder that Chris Roberts doesn't understand how space works.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

:aaa: Richard Garriot looks exactly like my deadbeat uncle...

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

D_Smart posted:

Thanks. It seems we have the same information.

I've also heard that the FPS and multicrew modules are nowhere near ready and will not be released during or immediately after citizen con (as if this wasn't obvious).

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

D_Smart posted:

Less than 100 last time we checked the metrics. And that's from over $1m people. Yeah, there is that.

Of those 1 million people how many of them are actually pledged people rather than registered accounts?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Say what you will about Battlecruiser at least it exists in reality and can be played right now.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Roflan posted:

:aaa: Richard Garriot looks exactly like my deadbeat uncle...

Has your deadbeat uncle been to space? If so, I have some interesting news for you.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Gryphon0468 posted:

You are a very funny person and the internet loves you :glomp:

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Dusty Lens posted:

Of those 1 million people how many of them are actually pledged people rather than registered accounts?

I think actual pledgers were in the 750k range vs the 950k accounts on the forums? It's been a while since I looked at those spreadsheets.

Pity Party Animal
Jul 23, 2006

Gryphon0468 posted:

That's still 4 more than Con Citizen. Besides, I hold in my hand a real CD copy of Universal Combat. It speaks to me. It says:

"Play me, I am the dream space sim you've always want-UNKNOWN EXCEPTION

Press OK to Terminate"

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

T.G. Xarbala posted:

It's cute that there's people talking about Star Citizen like it's a game.

I mean someone must have at least thought about that stupid travel system and I just want to know how they came up with it. Like its the most rear end backwards thing I've read about the game scheme and it sort of encapsulates the over engineered poo poo heap this is.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

D_Smart posted:

Lol if it's true.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
btw, I have seen a few references to DickWulf. If that's notorious whale White Knight, Wulf Knight, then read this piece I wrote the other day

http://goo.gl/CnAaO1

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

B4tBG ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ GIVE JPEG NAME

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

KillHour posted:

Has your deadbeat uncle been to space? If so, I have some interesting news for you.

Well, my grandparents do have quite a lot of money and he's more of a loser than deadbeat now that you mention it...

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Roflan posted:

I would like to sperg for a moment and point out that Tolkien created his world for his languages not his languages for his world. And that he spent most of his life working on them.

Did you even look at my name?

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

D_Smart posted:

zombo.jpg

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

kikkelivelho posted:

Thanks. It seems we have the same information.

I've also heard that the FPS and multicrew modules are nowhere near ready and will not be released during or immediately after citizen con (as if this wasn't obvious).

That's true. And I mentioned it my blog released yesterday

btw

http://voxday.blogspot.com/2015/10/the-collapse-of-star-citizen.html

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

D_Smart posted:

btw, I have seen a few references to DickWulf. If that's notorious whale White Knight, Wulf Knight, then read this piece I wrote the other day

http://goo.gl/CnAaO1

We read that. How do you reply to this though?

https://kevin-dent.squarespace.com/blog/

Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

MeLKoR posted:

Did you even look at my name?

Of course not. Tying who says what on the internet leads to madness. Besides other people might not have known.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Gwaihir posted:

I think actual pledgers were in the 750k range vs the 950k accounts on the forums? It's been a while since I looked at those spreadsheets.

I think there's some kind of scraper out there that pulled in the numbers but the last one I heard of was done a very long time ago.

Actual backers and the number of active subscribers are two figures that I've always been curious about. Dollar per question value for 10ftc would, I'm sure, make for a charming out of context numerical figure.

Second Sun
Apr 6, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

kordansk posted:

Yeah, I don't have pity for him. He brought this upon himself. Had they bothered to develop the skeleton of the original game and then iterated more out over months/years nobody would care if he never got it all done. The fact that they can't be hosed to even do that at this point is pretty damning, and his willingness to continue to sell more jpegs to fund his ridiculous idea just seals the deal in terms of his mindset. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of 'yes' people, he doesn't understand how development works, he doesn't have a real producer on the project that can actually reign in the stupidity, and he keeps selling jpegs to fund even more stupid ideas.

This is absolutely right. Everyone talking about E:D proves it - the game might get better, it might not, but it's still a loving game that actually exists.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Cao Ni Ma posted:

I mean someone must have at least thought about that stupid travel system and I just want to know how they came up with it. Like its the most rear end backwards thing I've read about the game scheme and it sort of encapsulates the over engineered poo poo heap this is.

I know there's a difference between the person saying, "this is how the game will be" and "who thought this would a good idea to theoretically put in a game?" It's just precious that there's still that little spark of sincere interest somewhere, out there.

• Locked thread