Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roflan
Nov 25, 2007

quote is not edit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

D_Smart posted:

What other letter? All the official letters are linked in the blog.

I missed this, but in your lawyers letter it says:

"These will be discussed in a separate demand letter to Mr. Roberts as this letter is intended solely
to respond to your most recent missive, within the artificial deadline you’ve created. "

what's the other letter about?

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp
BeerGod, give it a name!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Nostalgia4Infinity posted:

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

An open world game featuring gameplay for individuals, small groups, and large organizations that will dictate encounters with a matchmaker.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Second Sun posted:

This is absolutely right. Everyone talking about E:D proves it - the game might get better, it might not, but it's still a loving game that actually exists.

ED coincidentally came out on the xbone yesterday and I tried it out. It's pretty fun if space combat/trading/trolling is your thing.

They also had the courtesy to not charge the price of a full game since the whole thing hasn't been released yet.

Wiggly Wayne DDS
Sep 11, 2010

Romes128 posted:

"These will be discussed in a separate demand letter to Mr. Roberts as this letter is intended solely
to respond to your most recent missive, within the artificial deadline you’ve created. "

Given the date of correspondence odds are that letter doesn't exist yet (or rather it's in the planning stage).

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

kordansk posted:

Yeah, I don't have pity for him. He brought this upon himself. Had they bothered to develop the skeleton of the original game and then iterated more out over months/years nobody would care if he never got it all done. The fact that they can't be hosed to even do that at this point is pretty damning, and his willingness to continue to sell more jpegs to fund his ridiculous idea just seals the deal in terms of his mindset. He has surrounded himself with a bunch of 'yes' people, he doesn't understand how development works, he doesn't have a real producer on the project that can actually reign in the stupidity, and he keeps selling jpegs to fund even more stupid ideas.

This is completely impossible when you keep throwing out and redoing all your work every few months.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Everyone post your favorite promised Star Citizen features (aside from it existing):

fidelity

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Iridium posted:

BeerGod, give it a name!

Also, apply for this please.

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/jobs/322-Community-Manager

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

An open world game featuring gameplay for individuals, small groups, and large organizations that will dictate encounters with a matchmaker.

read your jabbers!

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

Gryphon0468 posted:

Oh I can't wait. Btw how many people were playing your game on average? What was it, 3,4?

Welcome Redditor to SomethingAwful. LowTax thanks you for paying your :10bux:.

You will find no karma here, but if you'd like to find out what's wrong with us goons: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lxb34/not_sure_of_the_reddiquette_on_this/cva7idg?context=3

I suppose you could just ask us. Fellow goons, what's wrong with us? Are we blind to the beauty of star citizen in its current alpha state? Did you not see amazing technique that is grabby hands, where a person could flip a coin (only if that coin's diameter is as large as his thumb)!!! Did you not see the star citizen cliimb the ladder so perfectly? Not even Link for Ocarina of Time could climb that well (he always had terrible posture). Tell me goons, what's wrong with us. Why are we not seeing Star Citizen for what it is? Is it not Martin Luther King who expounds upon having a dream that millions of Americans wished to invest in and make true? Is Christ Roberts not doing the exact same thing, but with Star Citizen?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Aww man I guess Jared's getting fired. :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Gwaihir posted:

read your jabbers!

At work. PM me.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Agrajag posted:

at least the game is real.

you drank so deep into Crobizzle's rear end that you gave $2.5k for .jpgs oh and you apparently beg for money on patreon.

Lol you think I'm Ozzyman? I'm honoured, but alas that's not me hahaha.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

D_Smart posted:

Because it is common knowledge that goons ruin everything I will reveal the name of the ship to Beer4theBeerGod and he can then decide if he wants to leak it - and when. So, B4BG, go ahead and DM me on Twitter.
Since CIG is periodically monitoring this forum, I assume if it is remotely possible they are already changing the name of this ship so as to have at least ONE meager victory in this overwhelming PR and credibility onslaught from you, Mr. Smartzilla.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
:\

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlYGgju1R2o

:/

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

I'm gonna apply for this.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Ravane posted:

You will find no karma here, but if you'd like to find out what's wrong with us goons: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3lxb34/not_sure_of_the_reddiquette_on_this/cva7idg?context=3

I suppose you could just ask us. Fellow goons, what's wrong with us? Are we blind to the beauty of star citizen in its current alpha state? Did you not see amazing technique that is grabby hands, where a person could flip a coin (only if that coin's diameter is as large as his thumb)!!! Did you not see the star citizen cliimb the ladder so perfectly? Not even Link for Ocarina of Time could climb that well (he always had terrible posture). Tell me goons, what's wrong with us. Why are we not seeing Star Citizen for what it is? Is it not Martin Luther King who expounds upon having a dream that millions of Americans wished to invest in and make true? Is Christ Roberts not doing the exact same thing, but with Star Citizen?

Stop it. You look like an idiot.

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think this one was posted when Pugh and Darth sth got fired.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
DS hasn't told me yet. Pre-DS prediction: Volper Bomber

Ravane
Oct 23, 2010

by LadyAmbien

KillHour posted:

Stop it. You look like an idiot.

wouldnt we all look like idiots when this game comes out and is awesome!

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
My final bid on the jpeg name is [PLACEHOLDER].

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Wasn't that this concept that guy did before getting fired and making GBS threads on CIG in Facebook?

I like Gallente ships though.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

• Act as an embedded liaison between the Games Team and the central Customer Service team.

I love job descriptions.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dante80 posted:

We read that. How do you reply to this though?

https://kevin-dent.squarespace.com/blog/

Why would I reply to a rant? I didn't even read it. I glanced at it and move on with what was left of my consciousness.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

D_Smart posted:

Why would I reply to a rant? I didn't even read it. I glanced at it and move on with what was left of my consciousness.

People reply to your rants all the time tho.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

Ravane posted:

Yes because I'm trying SO HARD to stay incognito.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Dante80 posted:

Wasn't that this concept that guy did before getting fired and making GBS threads on CIG in Facebook?

I don't remember. I just picked a random name that I remember CIG not talking much about.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Ravane posted:

I'm pretty much just a shithead and I revel in it, that's just me though.

Kryopsis
Jun 30, 2012

Shapes and colours the likes of which I've never seen!

Second Sun posted:

This is absolutely right. Everyone talking about E:D proves it - the game might get better, it might not, but it's still a loving game that actually exists.

It should be noted that Elite: Dangerous also uses its own proprietary engine. Developing engines is very time consuming, which is why most of the industry opted for Unreal Engine or Unity. Then you can focus on creating content and scripting, relying on existing support channels when needed.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

We should all send in applications for this.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Romes128 posted:

Oh that. It's related to the mentions in CR's rant in which he made various defamatory statements which Keith didn't want to get into in that reply (to Ortwin's laughably bad C&D)

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

- the entire concept of an information courier
- cargo actually being modeled and simulated down to the individual item

The ability to do stealth ops poo poo of secretly boarding an enemy ship with a bunch of friends and killing everyone inside before they react and stealing their ship

Like, holy poo poo, that alone sounds like 100 million dollar game

Incombibulator
Dec 9, 2014

I'm ready for my close-up
Ms. Gardiner...

Grimey Drawer
Isn't :lesnick: a community manager?

Prediction: "Medical Reasons". (B4tBG Translation: He ded)

Dante80
Mar 23, 2015

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I don't remember. I just picked a random name that I remember CIG not talking much about.

You would do well as a Community Manager. Especially if you also leaked the main branch by accident.

Iridium
Apr 4, 2002

Wretched Harp

Incombibulator posted:

Isn't :lesnick: a community manager?

Prediction: "Medical Reasons". (B4tBG Translation: He ded)

he was, they changed his title to imply he was capable of being involved in the game design

Kamikaze Raider
Sep 28, 2001

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yes because I'm trying SO HARD

We know. It's funny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Dante80 posted:

I like Gallente ships though.

That's a nice myrmidon

• Locked thread