Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Orange Harrison posted:

I'm going to hold out until at least the first major content update to see which things they intended to fix eventually, and which things they intended to sneak by us.

Woah, what's that over there? It's sneaking by... I hardly even noticed it! What is that???

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

farottone posted:

I disagree, I think people won't care. GH has never been a platform, so they get away with a lot more.

bu bu bu my Phish DLC.

No seriously nobody ever cared about GH DLC, I bet there's under 200 people that bought it all

squirreltactic
Sep 17, 2003
Is anybody else having a problem with... poo poo, I don't know what the problem even is... inconsistent lag?

I'm on PS4 with an RB4 guitar and occasionally it'll throw a fit where it seems like my input is delayed temporarily. I say "it" without knowing whether the problem is in the guitar or the game. It seems to happen most when I have to move up and down the neck and strum each note. After a bit of this the game starts telling me that I'm missing every note. Last time this happened I took my hands away from the guitar and over the next 1 second or so I was able to see the last few buttons I pressed light up late like it's catching up with the input I already gave it. Then after a bit, within the same song, it goes back to being responsive.

I updated the firmware on the guitar but it didn't seem to help. Anyone seeing anything similar?

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011
I really really really hate you can't adjust your Mic Volume in this game, I was slightly put off by the lack of mic sensitivity in RB3 but this... Blech

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

toymach1ne posted:

I really really really hate you can't adjust your Mic Volume in this game, I was slightly put off by the lack of mic sensitivity in RB3 but this... Blech

Apparently you can but not on the fly /mid-song anymore.

Tasteful Bulge
Sep 5, 2003

It's down to you and me, you one-eyed freak.

toymach1ne posted:

You can, but you have to do it from the pause menu.

toymach1ne
Sep 27, 2011

Tasteful Bulge posted:

You can, but you have to do it from the pause menu.

where in the pause menu?

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine

toymach1ne posted:

where in the pause menu?
Coming in the next patch.

This is a really superficial gripe but they took out 99% of the postproc in the visuals. Not even stuff as simple as motion blur trails are in the game, and this is poo poo that's been there since RB1. It looks like every single video effect has been removed except for "plain" and "black-and-white." Now the more wicked venues don't work at all. "Sure," you say, "That's fine with me. I hated the funky venues. Flashy and distracting." Then you'll love how RB4 has no postproc but fifty thousand more lights, all shining through your translucent note track and god help you if you're in star power, everything's even harder to see than before.

Orange Harrison fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Oct 7, 2015

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Is there any way to see what all DLC I've ever purchased, like, through the MS website or something? I had stopped playing two or three years ago and all my old consoles and equipment are gone now, and with the crazy poo poo going on in the DLC store, I'd like to be able to double check which songs I don't have, versus which songs I do have but Xbone is telling me I need to pay $1.99 for?

sp00nman
May 14, 2004

All this Christmas spirit is gives me a raging boner!

squirreltactic posted:

Is anybody else having a problem with... poo poo, I don't know what the problem even is... inconsistent lag?

I'm on PS4 with an RB4 guitar and occasionally it'll throw a fit where it seems like my input is delayed temporarily. I say "it" without knowing whether the problem is in the guitar or the game. It seems to happen most when I have to move up and down the neck and strum each note. After a bit of this the game starts telling me that I'm missing every note. Last time this happened I took my hands away from the guitar and over the next 1 second or so I was able to see the last few buttons I pressed light up late like it's catching up with the input I already gave it. Then after a bit, within the same song, it goes back to being responsive.

I updated the firmware on the guitar but it didn't seem to help. Anyone seeing anything similar?
I feel like I am having the exact same issue.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bushiz posted:

Is there any way to see what all DLC I've ever purchased, like, through the MS website or something? I had stopped playing two or three years ago and all my old consoles and equipment are gone now, and with the crazy poo poo going on in the DLC store, I'd like to be able to double check which songs I don't have, versus which songs I do have but Xbone is telling me I need to pay $1.99 for?

Hopefully you made a https://www.myrockbandsongs.com account and tracked it all there. Otherwise, welp.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Hockles posted:

Hopefully you made a https://www.myrockbandsongs.com account and tracked it all there. Otherwise, welp.

well i guess i'll just go gently caress myself then

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Bushiz posted:

It's not the greatest, but give this a shot:

https://live.xbox.com/download/history

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.
There's still the 360 download history on the Xbox website, I believe, though I don't have time to dig out the URL right now.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Bushiz posted:

well i guess i'll just go gently caress myself then

No worries, I spent 2 hours on Friday going through the XBox Live market place, going into every pack, and every song to see if I had bought it or not. Turns out, you can't even view all of the DLC for this game through simple "Rock Band" or "Rock Band 4" searches. There is simply too much. So, I still probably haven't downloaded on XBox One all of which I had purchased in the past.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kaboobi posted:

Oh wow. Didn't know that existed. Thanks. I'll have to go manually searching for songs later.

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Kaboobi posted:

i guess i won't go gently caress myself then

This is actually super helpful, thanks.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Also, though the servers are tetchy, you can browse the in-game store in 3 or the Music Store app and take your notes off that.

But yeah there's a lot of the Advanced Rock Band Management Experience people have had to take into their own hands for years.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Purchase history can also be looked at on a 360 itself, for those who still have one and/or those whom that'd be the most convenient way.

Kaboobi
Jan 5, 2005

SHAKE IT BABY!
SALT THAT LADY!

Yeah if you have a 360 and RB3 and can pop into the music store there it may be better, but whatever.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Kaboobi posted:

Yeah if you have a 360 and RB3 and can pop into the music store there it may be better, but whatever.

But that doesn't help me if I need to download it on XBox One. Having the list in front of me on a laptop and then searching for it and downloading it on the Xbox One is how I plan to do this.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Right. Use the 360 to build the list you'll track when it's time to download on the One.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Kaboobi posted:

This does not work for me at all. Loads forever then times out.

Oh well.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.
There sure are an awful lot of bad/boring songs on this disc. I was focusing on the new stuff as I was going through career mode and starting to get bummed out, and then I just said gently caress it and turned a voting set into a Grateful Dead show and holy poo poo what do you know I started having a lot more fun.

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Beelzebozo posted:

There sure are an awful lot of bad/boring songs on this disc. I was focusing on the new stuff as I was going through career mode and starting to get bummed out, and then I just said gently caress it and turned a voting set into a Grateful Dead show and holy poo poo what do you know I started having a lot more fun.

I would say that the on disc songs are the most disappointing thing about RB4 for me. I've been able to brush most of all the other issues aside but man, there aren't that many songs and most of them are pretty weak.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

That's the most subjective thing about any music game. I personally dig most of the tracklist, even though it's not all the most challenging stuff.

\/ Yup, no hostility meant.

sleepwalkers fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Oct 7, 2015

Shoegazing
Jan 29, 2006

Fair enough, but that's also why I said "for me".

Edit: Forgive me I read that more mean than it was probably intended.

A question: Is anyone else having an issue downloading Oasis - Live Forever? Everytime I download it either from the in game store or the xbox marketplace it gives me Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Dunno if it's just me, but I haven't seen any other reports of this.

Shoegazing fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Oct 7, 2015

squirreltactic
Sep 17, 2003

sp00nman posted:

I feel like I am having the exact same issue.

I'm just hoping to either find a fix or some more evidence that it's the new guitar's fault. A few folks on reddit are saying they're having trouble with notes in rapid succession like repeated chords and/or brief spurts of input not going through at all. One guy said reapplying the firmware update a 2nd time worked but I'm skeptical. I'm going to dig up my RB2 guitar and see if I don't run into any issues.

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Fair enough, but that's also why I said "for me".

Edit: Forgive me I read that more mean than it was probably intended.

A question: Is anyone else having an issue downloading Oasis - Live Forever? Everytime I download it either from the in game store or the xbox marketplace it gives me Pat Benatar - Hit Me With Your Best Shot. Dunno if it's just me, but I haven't seen any other reports of this.

I think this may have happened to me last night. I was going through everything alphabetically on the store and though it was weird that I had downloaded a Pat Benatar song even though I hadn't gotten there yet :P

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

So both my drums and guitar are giving me fits, and I can't update the firmware without shelling out even more money for a Bluetooth adapter for my PC.

On top of that, I can't return it because I opened it. How the gently caress was I supposed to discover it was defective with the box taped shut?

So now I'm stuck with instruments that don't work, no way to update them, and no answers from the Customer Service departments of either Harmonix or Mad Catz.

Hooray for Rock Band 4, I guess.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Devorum posted:

So both my drums and guitar are giving me fits, and I can't update the firmware without shelling out even more money for a Bluetooth adapter for my PC.

On top of that, I can't return it because I opened it. How the gently caress was I supposed to discover it was defective with the box taped shut?

So now I'm stuck with instruments that don't work, no way to update them, and no answers from the Customer Service departments of either Harmonix or Mad Catz.

Hooray for Rock Band 4, I guess.

I really cant understand why xbone instruments have ports for a usb update and ps4 doesnt since you can plug in the ds4 to a pc.

pksage
Jul 2, 2009

You are an experience!
Make sure you're a good experience.

Suicidal Maniac posted:

Not just you. Here's a spreadsheet of all currently unavailable and/or bugged songs, and why.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Mr E posted:

I really cant understand why xbone instruments have ports for a usb update and ps4 doesnt since you can plug in the ds4 to a pc.

I can't understand why I can't just update the damned instruments through my PS4.

Between this, the other issues with the game itself, and Amplitude being 7 months late, I'm pretty soured on Harmonix.

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Devorum posted:

I can't understand why I can't just update the damned instruments through my PS4.

That too. Plus, my drums are still hosed on expert due to dropping notes even after the firmware update.

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

Mr E posted:

You can plug it in, but there are no drivers for interfacing with it.

atal
Aug 13, 2006

burning down the house
Really disappointed with the outlay for the Box inc. guitar and drums.

Me and the Mrs loved Rockband 3 so it was an easy pick for this gen. Guitar is frustrating and drops notes, the songs are imo really boring both as pieces of music and as gameplay and there are like, 20 of them on the disk. Downloads don't work.

If I hadn't got this from Amazon it would be going straight back.

Amcoti
Apr 7, 2004

Sing for the flames that will rip through here
Looks like Blitz export might be in for PS4 owners

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Interested to see what happens with the "Jane" thing. I went ahead and put my Amazon code in and I'm pretty sure more than half the time I got "Jane." If you seach the Xbox Store for the songs though, they are listed as "Installed" even though they don't show up in your installed list. Most of them aren't in the in-game store either. I guess once they are it'll (Hopefully) just be a matter of re-downloading them through the store, and everyone who pre-ordered gets Jane for free :P

At least three of the four Freezepop songs downloaded, that's all I really cared about in that list.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
The game said the crowd chose "Jailbreak (live)" for me and for a second I thought my ACDC export magically came to RB4, and then I remembered Thin Lizzy. :sigh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

Orange Harrison posted:

The game said the crowd chose "Jailbreak (live)" for me and for a second I thought my ACDC export magically came to RB4, and then I remembered Thin Lizzy. :sigh:

That's good!