Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
My Buttkicker would tear Mr Barnchairs furniture asunder with its mammoth rear end pounding capabilities

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

My life is so dull that I need an increasingly bizarre stable of peripherals to plug into my computer machine so I can more immersively consume this children entertainment.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I'm not sure how it stands up in California either as there are substantial laws regarding gift cards and other forms of unredeemed credit.

CIG probably has no loving clue either.

The run up to UK Citizen Con continues, the Bald Eagle has landed.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Justin Tyme posted:

My life is so dull that I need an increasingly bizarre stable of peripherals to plug into my computer machine so I can more immersively consume this children entertainment.

:eyepop:

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!
12 days, no refund. After Sandi confirmed twice I wanted a refund, complete radio silence. I added my account name & paypal address to my ticket notes knowing they would ask for it.

My Priority Level has been set to "-"

I PM'd Mr Smart that I am not sure what to do at this point, think I've been shoved into the 'gently caress you' drawer because I've asked for a refund.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Agrajag posted:

so let me get this straight: you friend bought a jpg then managed to do something to make this jpg worth less than the original value? wat and lol.

I don't think anyone answered this, but like 75 million dollars ago, during the first year there was some weird tiered backer status. Original, Veteran and just regular Backer. There was a significant price difference in the jpegs being sold between each level. So a Rear Admiral Package that cost $275 to some random idiot who pledged yesterday was $250 to the autist who backed day 1

I laundered a fair amount of ships and its also how most of the goons with concierge access got that access in the first place

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Bitter Beard posted:

12 days, no refund. After Sandi confirmed twice I wanted a refund, complete radio silence. I added my account name & paypal address to my ticket notes knowing they would ask for it.

I PM'd Mr Smart that I am not sure what to do at this point, think I've been shoved into the 'gently caress you' drawer because I've asked for a refund.

Aren't you the whitest of goon whales? That could be why. When Bitter Beard demands a refund, they need to return the espresso machine and cancel the wax appointments.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Bitter Beard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsDecygKK3w

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bitter Beard posted:

Sandi has been busy flying to the UK for CitiCon so maybe that's why she hasn't got back to you, it's really not like Sandi to let these things slip. One can only imagine the stresses she is under along with Chris at the helm of course.

I'd leave it a few days and hit the racist rear end in a top hat up again.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Derek posting here is good because I just have to read his posts and I'm already caught up on all the best stuff

tehsid
Dec 24, 2007

Nobility is sadly overrated.
I just got my confirmation of refund. Yay.

Looks like it'll be at least 2 weeks though... so we'll see if it even happens.

Bitter Beard
Sep 11, 2001

I don't even know what the fuck I'm doing!!

Justin Tyme posted:

Aren't you the whitest of goon whales? That could be why. When Bitter Beard demands a refund, they need to return the espresso machine and cancel the wax appointments.

I sold almost all of my ships, I only have 4 left on my account that are refundable.

peter gabriel posted:

Sandi has been busy flying to the UK for CitiCon so maybe that's why she hasn't got back to you, it's really not like Sandi to let these things slip. One can only imagine the stresses she is under along with Chris at the helm of course.

I'd leave it a few days and hit the racist rear end in a top hat up again.

I was reassigned to Patrick

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bitter Beard posted:

I sold almost all of my ships, I only have 4 left on my account that are refundable.

Yeah but how much are they worth?
Try and work out how much coffee they would buy and it may make sense

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Luigi Thirty posted:

Someone on Reddit offered me $325 for my pixels in my post. Someone else offered $350 in PMs. Then a guy with 15 trades on record offered me $400 in PMs and then in my post saying it should "drive up the sale price" for me in the next 24 hours.

I don't think these people understand how buying and selling works.
It's basically an auction house where you literally auction things.

Also, some people have money vested in making sure the bubble stays up, so I'm not too shocked about an offer intended to just "drive the price up".

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
They'd be crazy not to slow refunds down now, it's only 3 days to Citizen Con.

Look on the bright side, if Citizen Con is a disaster you'll still be at the front of the queue.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Bitter Beard posted:

how many times are we going to have to say: chargeback?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Bitter Beard posted:

I was reassigned to Patrick

Oh Patrick is useless lol good luck with that!

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Bitter Beard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1qXQRpF08E

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Kylra posted:

It's basically an auction house where you literally auction things.

Also, some people have money vested in making sure the bubble stays up, so I'm not too shocked about an offer intended to just "drive the price up".

Yeah the guy looks like a professional pixel seller from Australia so he probably knows what he's doing. He's traded thousands of dollars in pixels successfully so I don't expect a scam or anything.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Bootcha posted:

It's not so much deliver what was promised, that's not an issue for me. The question is will SQ42 get out the door before its strangled to death by micromanagement, has enough substantial content to warrant new purchases, and doesn't get completely panned by critics out of spite or for actual shortcomings. Because every new sale of SQ42 after taxes is pure company profit, not "additional capital" like from pledges, and I'm entitled to a slice of that profit.

Wait what? Are you an actual investor in this?

Clipperton
Dec 20, 2011
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

CIG probably has no loving clue either.

The run up to UK Citizen Con continues, the Bald Eagle has landed.

i thought she was australian

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Giving refunds is not dumb for CIG.
They minimise agitators, prevent people from longing complaints with 3rd party californian arbitration agencies and essentially "buy them off". The amount of cash they generate by keeping refund seekers quiet actually earns them cash I suspect, as opposed to a "I was denied a refund thread" posted to by hundreds of backers expressing dissatisfaction and flocking to Derek or the Escapist side of the fence.
In the meantime, rather than accepting responsibility for what looks like poor management at best, hiring people that know what they are doing and then not listening to them, they collect testimony from backers that evil escapist / Derek are to blame for refunds, this essentially shooting the messengers.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

Comrade Flynn posted:

Wait what? Are you an actual investor in this?

I got paperwork, and fake spaceship jpegs.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Jethro_E7 posted:

Giving refunds is not dumb for CIG.
They minimise agitators, prevent people from longing complaints with 3rd party californian arbitration agencies and essentially "buy them off". The amount of cash they generate by keeping refund seekers quiet actually earns them cash I suspect, as opposed to a "I was denied a refund thread" posted to by hundreds of backers expressing dissatisfaction and flocking to Derek or the Escapist side of the fence.
In the meantime, rather than accepting responsibility for what looks like poor management at best, hiring people that know what they are doing and then not listening to them, they collect testimony from backers that evil escapist / Derek are to blame for refunds, this essentially shooting the messengers.

Thats exactly why they are doing it. It can only go on for so long though. At some point refunds can no longer be given and they will be in the same boat.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Mtgox 2.0: the darkening

Jethro_E7
Dec 11, 2014
Bootcha, you knew a long time ago about the family relationships at CIG earlier than most here. Is there an issue with Sandi there? Do you think things would have been better if they would have been up front from the start, or perhaps restricted Sandi to strictly a PR/CS role internally and not a 2ic role, as the marriage and statements from employees seem to support, or was her involvement a disaster from the start? (keeping in mind they underestimated the success of the crowdfunding)
I'm assuming you consider CR's pigheadedness about wanting "his vision" no matter the cost an additional, not linked problem?
Understand though, if given your situation, you don't want to comment.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Jst0rm posted:

Thats exactly why they are doing it. It can only go on for so long though. At some point refunds can no longer be given and they will be in the same boat.
Between people not following the game's development anymore or this drama, the rampant grey market and LTI laundering (via gifting which makes you ineligible for a refund), and the people who just don't want refunds yet, I get the feeling this won't be that huge a problem. At least not compared to any other budgetary issues.

Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

They've probably lost out on more from the grey market gains they didn't/couldn't capture than the refunds will cost them.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Justin Tyme posted:

Same.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
patrick is the loving worst. F U patrick!

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Kinda crazy once facts start to sink in. CR said himself that he hates programming and loves the movie aspects of games. Now he has 90 million $ to blow and instead of getting a good project manager and the necessary amount of artists and coders to build his galaxy he wastes a ton of cash on AAA+ voice actors and to build his own motion cap studio.

He seems completely controlled by his obsession to be a great movie director....

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bootcha posted:

There are a few other people who have spent just a little bit more than Wulf on fake spaceships. Who are less visible but equally crazy.

And then there's me high above them, with the other VCs. I, who makes therapeutic poo poo videos to deal with stupidity that surrounds this project. And can't yet tell if this project will actually make money or not.

I can't tell if I'm crazier. :smith:

EDIT: Looking at Elijah's semi-Sansha ship. That man was an angry man but holy gently caress was he a fast and furious artist.

Do you as a for real investor and not a jpeg "investor" have the ability to ask them what the gently caress is going on? Can you ask them to show their numbers?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Hammerstein posted:

Kinda crazy once facts start to sink in. CR said himself that he hates programming and loves the movie aspects of games. Now he has 90 million $ to blow and instead of getting a good project manager and the necessary amount of artists and coders to build his galaxy he wastes a ton of cash on AAA+ voice actors and to build his own motion cap studio.

He seems completely controlled by his obsession to be a great movie director....

His only movie was WingCommander, no?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Agrajag posted:

And you know how that turned out...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Agrajag posted:

There was some drama involving him and Kevin Costner that got him blackballed.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Welp. Operation: Give Me My Money Back (again) was a success. I sold my account to a friend after the DFM ended up being poo poo. He never did anything with it. I talked him into giving it back to me, and then requested a refund on the 28th. It just went through today:

Didn't even have the decency to cover the transaction fee. Whatever, I got way more out of it than I put in, so I call that a win. :v:

Who the hell is Twin Bros. GMBH though?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)
does the buttkicker let you interact with crew members asses in multi crew mode

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

Luigi Thirty posted:

There was some drama involving him and Kevin Costner that got him blackballed.

dont gently caress with the postman

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

wtf is Twin Bros GMBH? how many companies is the money spread between?

• Locked thread