Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
CC I need you to spell out exactly what your role does without quoting your role pm

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Nth Doctor posted:

Jesus crust, guys.

Christ. loving phone.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

Kash what are you trying to say here?

I'm dumb and forgot that Herms flavor was scryer, so that post was dumb

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Nth Doctor posted:

Christ. loving phone.

I don't know, I bet Jesus crust would taste pretty good.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

Kashuno posted:

CC I need you to spell out exactly what your role does without quoting your role pm

I protect my target at night from one source of NK. Which was TMM last night

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Now at least you all can understand why I had the reaction I did to his claim :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Kumba who'd you protect?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Podima posted:

:gowron: :gowron: :gowron:

So at this point do we need to play the rest of the day out? Either Kumba just :master:d CC's fakeclaim, or Kumba is pulling a gambit and if it doesn't work out for him, he gets hung tomorrow. Either way one of those two presumably has to get cuddled today, and I think I'd rather go for the one that claimed an arcane role instead of a divine role in a very flavor-centric game.

ps cc youre banned from nerd forums forever for not immediately recognizing thaumaturge as wizard flavor, holy poo poo. I can't believe that worked.

tbf i probably do deserve to die for not knowing enough about wizards :negative:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Corazon posted:

I protect my target at night from one source of NK. Which was TMM last night

My PM says absolutely nothing about # of NKs prevented.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

Now at least you all can understand why I had the reaction I did to his claim :v:

I felt like you were setting up for a counterclaim but some time went by and I gave up hope

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm dumb and forgot that Herms flavor was scryer, so that post was dumb

I still don't get what this has to do with the matter at hand?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

That's because you don't have a PM :smug:

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kumbamontu posted:

Well, wizards are better than clerics.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

Kumba who'd you protect?

Unfortunately I did literally what he claimed to do. I protected myself N1 to make sure I at least lived through the night in case someone claimed something D2. Which TMM did, so I protected TMM.

I have a feeling CC is not the SK but is in fact Scum, is probably the roleblocker that blocked TMM, then claimed Doc on him to give him probable cause to be visiting him while also forcing my hand to claim.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Gabriel Pope posted:

Well, wizards are better than clerics.

Aren't clerics wizard/magic dudes?

I play Fallout, not Skyrim :ohdear:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Colonel Corazon posted:

Aren't clerics wizard/magic dudes?

I play Fallout, not Skyrim :ohdear:

lmao

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Unfortunately I did literally what he claimed to do. I protected myself N1 to make sure I at least lived through the night in case someone claimed something D2. Which TMM did, so I protected TMM.

I have a feeling CC is not the SK but is in fact Scum, is probably the roleblocker that blocked TMM, then claimed Doc on him to give him probable cause to be visiting him while also forcing my hand to claim.

Of course :allears:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
##vote CC

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
http://www.d20srd.org/srd/classes/cleric.htm
:cmon:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

I felt like you were setting up for a counterclaim but some time went by and I gave up hope

I was trying to figure out a way to see if we were in fact duplicates. It isn't out of the question to have two doctors in the same game, especially after it came to light we have two trackers. But, I think it's unreasonable to have two town doctors and a town jailer. Seems like way too much protective power for the town, especially in this small of a game.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I wish my role had been John Hall bc I am better with the good ol bball

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

I have never played DnD.

You may use that fact to lynch me and I will understand

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

This is an arcane tower, filthy godsfollower. :black101:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am actually amused because for a while during D2, I thought that maybe Kash was the doctor who protected himself on D1.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

TMMadman posted:

I am actually amused because for a while during D2, I thought that maybe Kash was the doctor who protected himself on D1.

I'm still not sure about Kash to be honest. He just comes off so scummy

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Of course, this all goes to poo poo if A.) Foo decided to gently caress with us by putting in two different flavors for the same role while also having a jailer and two doctors on the town side, or B.) TMM is lying and isn't actually a tracker and thus my basis of comparison is false.

But, if TMM is lying then his breadcrumb is either one hell of a coincidence, or the scum have fakeclaims. If the scum had fakeclaims, CC would have known what the Doctor flavor is. And I think A is super duper unlikely.

Ergo, Occam's razor blah blah CC is a bad dude.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kumbamontu posted:

TBH it was an impressive fakeclaim based on the information we have and CC being scum with the knowledge he'd reasonably have - the doc's sequence of actions would have been pretty straightforward to guess. Sucks that you had to claim, but here we are.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Kumbamontu posted:

I have a theory.

CC, did you receive confirmation you protected TMM from a kill and/or confirmation your action was successful?

Hey Kumba, this question?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Nth Doctor posted:

This is an arcane tower, filthy godsfollower. :black101:

Basketball is the most sacred of arts motherfucker

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
His answer was actually correct. I've not received any confirmation of anything.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

His answer was actually correct. I've not received any confirmation of anything.

This is actually why I said I was cooling on him. I was warming up to the idea of there being two actual doctors.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kumbamontu posted:

Of course, this all goes to poo poo if A.) Foo decided to gently caress with us by putting in two different flavors for the same role while also having a jailer and two doctors on the town side, or B.) TMM is lying and isn't actually a tracker and thus my basis of comparison is false.

But, if TMM is lying then his breadcrumb is either one hell of a coincidence, or the scum have fakeclaims. If the scum had fakeclaims, CC would have known what the Doctor flavor is. And I think A is super duper unlikely.

Ergo, Occam's razor blah blah CC is a bad dude.

Colonel Corazon posted:

If it ends up that we're both town I'll eat my hat. :colbert:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
But not only are the flavors different, he is claiming his version of Doctor has a restriction that mine does not. This does not compute.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Kumbamontu posted:

This is actually why I said I was cooling on him. I was warming up to the idea of there being two actual doctors.

Man, here I thought you were just pulling a Columbo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

This is a pretty big concern because this would be the first game ever where I've heard of a doc not getting a success/fail so I really doubt he would randomly guess that.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

There is no way there are two docs. That's too overpowered towards town. Maybe if you were a faith healer I'd buy it

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Corazon posted:

There is no way there are two docs. That's too overpowered towards town. Maybe if you were a faith healer I'd buy it

I have been in at least one game where there were two doctors. It is not out of the question, especially if the scum have something to subvert it like a roleblock or two, or a juggernaut, etc.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

Colonel Corazon posted:

WHAT DID I SAY ABOUT GODS?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

And goddammit Kumba you cased Herm and SSV and lynched their asses, I can't possibly believe you're also a doc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

This is a pretty big concern because this would be the first game ever where I've heard of a doc not getting a success/fail so I really doubt he would randomly guess that.

http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Doctor says that usually docs don't get confirmation one way or another? I went and looked it up when the question came up.

• Locked thread