Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
Bryant's looking pretty green in the postseason.

Also :lol: this Ump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Jesus that little kid pitchers shadow

Pancakes
May 21, 2001

Crypto-Rump Roast

Alain Post posted:

Hell the Cards don't headhunt or takeout slide our players into season ending injuries. Also they've won titles in years where black people weren't banned from baseball.

We totally head hunt and have you forgotten Holliday's bullshit slide in the 2012 NLCS? The NL Central is just a bastion of curmudgeonly play.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Alain Post posted:

Hell the Cards don't headhunt or takeout slide our players into season ending injuries. Also they've won titles in years where black people weren't banned from baseball.

Satan doesn't gently caress around.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about believing in magical rainbow gold

Moxie posted:

Yeah the team with a two man rotation should definitely be in the playoffs

Dangerous AF

Maybe you should have won more games than the Cardinals.

moolchaba
Jul 21, 2007
That's a beautiful stadium... full of looooooosers

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

Arrieta is going to be the biggest pirates villain since literally every professional baseball player between 1993-2013

Moxie
Aug 2, 2003

Bregor posted:

Raylen/Moxie: :qq:

Normally Pirates fans are cool and good so I'll chalk this up to being down in a lovely one game playoff.

Yeah I have a lot of negative emotion right now that I didn't really want to have tonight. I'm going to be a lot happier once baseball is over.

But I think I can stand by what I've said enough to feel safe telling you to go gently caress yourself

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raylen posted:

can't wait to see how "whiny rear end" you become when the Cardinals are beating you :qq:

cubs fans notorious for not being used to losing

shadok
Dec 12, 2004

You tried to destroy it once before, Commodore.
The result was a wrecked ship and a dead crew.
Fun Shoe

Bregor posted:

Normally Pirates fans are cool and good so I'll chalk this up to being down in a lovely one game playoff.

Same. This game was always going to end in half tragedy, no-one is arguing the fact that both the Cubs and the Pirates deserve a full playoff series this year.

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Moxie posted:

Dangerous AF

Also please don't hate on the Dodgers, they aren't even playing tonight.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Popete posted:

The slide was intentional, the injury was not.

I play 2nd base in a wood bat league here in Chicago. I started the SAS baseball players thread.

Okay you're dishonest. The slide was intentional, the injury wasnt? You don't do a Ty Cobb Special unless you intend to hurt a dude to scare him off the bag next time. If your argument is he didn't intend to hurt him that badly, lol.

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

One benefit of the Pirates losing is I won't have to deal with bullshit when I try to leave work anymore

Cars were lined up all the way around Heinz Field today because they weren't letting cars into the parking lot at 3:15 when I was leaving.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Bregor posted:

Maybe it's just me being sore from the last two years, but I don't understand where the logic of a 1 game 'playoff' came from in sport that has 162 game season. It makes it pretty much a coinflip when every other round is a series. A 3 game series seems like it would be more competitive and fun to watch.

Look Around You
Jan 19, 2009

Did the announcer just say that Arrieta was batting?

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Moxie posted:

Dangerous AF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP8FMdVcCQQ

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Look Around You posted:

Maybe it's just me being sore from the last two years, but I don't understand where the logic of a 1 game 'playoff' came from in sport that has 162 game season. It makes it pretty much a coinflip when every other round is a series. A 3 game series seems like it would be more competitive and fun to watch.

"Remember Game 162 in 2011? What if we had one EVERY YEAR?!"

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Bregor posted:

lol i'm such a crybaby for demanding accountability for Jake Arrieta's lovely pitching

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Moxie posted:

Yeah I have a lot of negative emotion right now that I didn't really want to have tonight. I'm going to be a lot happier once baseball is over.

But I think I can stand by what I've said enough to feel safe telling you to go gently caress yourself

That's the Sean Rod spirit

Pungry
Feb 26, 2011

JUST PICK ONE. ANY ONE.
yo check the very similar reg dates on Raylen and Moxie, I smell alt account

E: goddammit Jackson. I hope Rodney does a good job coming in from the bullpen.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

Look Around You posted:

I agree should be a best of 3

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

are people saying arrieta's second hbp was intentional or something because why would you put two people on base for andrew mccutchen

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Why do a list celebrities do commercials

Surely Mila Kunis isn't loving hurting for money

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Raylen posted:

lol i'm such a crybaby for demanding accountability for Jake Arrieta's lovely pitching

yes

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
A bye weekish in baseball would be weird. That's the only good argument against a best of three wildcard.

Raylen
Aug 1, 2003

You just killed the nice deranged chick from the juice bar that I was gonna score with someday maybe!
Pillbug

Pungry posted:

yo check the very similar reg dates on Raylen and Moxie, I smell alt account

E: goddammit Jackson. I hope Rodney does a good job coming in from the bullpen.

you're a loving idiot

myron cope
Apr 21, 2009

Look Around You posted:

Did the announcer just say that Arrieta was batting?

It sounded like it to me. Then he tried to cover it by talking about his pitching.

I think he's just really bad at his job

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

Look Around You posted:

There has been a lot of discussion in MLB about changing the WC format. But it'll likely amount to nothing.

Popete fucked around with this message at 03:36 on Oct 8, 2015

Sinnlos
Sep 5, 2011

Quest For Glory II posted:

are people saying arrieta's second hbp was intentional or something because why would you put two people on base for andrew mccutchen

Raylen is.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

are we done posting baseball fights?

because this was the third-best fight Ken Wilson ever called (he was on the mic for the St Patrick's Day Massacre and HERE COMES CHEVELDAE! when he did Blues games): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtcjzQ0YsTs

Moneyball
Jul 11, 2005

It's a problem you think we need to explain ourselves.
Can the Cardinals, Cubs, and Pirates please just all lose tonight?

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

can we talk about how loving drunk or something ron darling is what the gently caress is with this mush mouthed dude

DFu4ever
Oct 4, 2002

Raylen posted:

I've seen less accountability demanded from pitchers that hit guys in the head.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

Quest For Glory II posted:

Why would you intentionally hitting by pitch anyone in a loving win or go home situation.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Bucs fans so salty I bet they'd taste surprisingly good with chocolate.

Hold up that got weird.

RC Cola
Aug 1, 2011

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

Aurora posted:

are cardinals fans lovely on the forum too? wow

St Louis is lovely everywhere

OSheaman
May 27, 2004

Heavy Fucking Metal
Fun Shoe
Is this like a no bullpen dare Madden is doing

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.

Pancakes posted:

We totally head hunt and have you forgotten Holliday's bullshit slide in the 2012 NLCS? The NL Central is just a bastion of curmudgeonly play.

Hard-nosed baseball. The proper way.

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

Raylen posted:

accountability

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Dexo posted:

Why would you intentionally hitting by pitch anyone in a loving win or go home situation.
especially up by 4, it's not that huge a lead, mccutchen could've made it 4-3 with one swing, there's no way it was intentional

• Locked thread