Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I forgot I never handed out my friend codo

Enjoy my soon to be level 60 Emiya who will turn into a Level 70 Lancelot as soon as I get two more Berserker monuments

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

I really should just shut the fuck up and stop posting forever
College Slice
So some stills from the UBW Good End are apparently floating around.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I hate that ending, but you know what sure why not throw it in there.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i like that ending, because characters being happy is good

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

"According to Wikipedia" there is a black hole that emits zionist hawking radiation where my brain should have been

College Slice

Nate RFB posted:

I hate that ending, but you know what sure why not throw it in there.

I wish they would add in some of the bad ends too if it makes you feel any better.

Like Mind of Steel. :)

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

I think Shiro and Rin going to mage university is a better ending but the good ending does not fill me with rage that it exists

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Raenir Salazar posted:

I wish they would add in some of the bad ends too if it makes you feel any better.

No thanks, I'm good there, I think I dislike MoS even more than Sunny Day. I also doubt there will be much demand for changing the HF movies to have Cherry Blossom Dream either on that note.

Sunny Day just strikes me like the original ending to Blade Runner, tacked on regardless of whether the narrative actually led up/built up to it.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Raenir Salazar posted:

It would actually be pretty badass if they animated Mind of Steel.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I like that ending and am looking forward to this because Saber has earned a mulligan.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Kyte posted:

You can get more than one statue per fight, shadows drop'em occasionally.
And Jeanne's stats pick back up after her mid-level slump. The majority of servants have a slow period in their growth, whether near the beginning and end or in the middle. See this.

Yeah, but I would say that overall servants with Reverse S growth curves are definitely worse than servants with Linear or S curves. Even though they might pick back up after the mid-level slump, they won't actually reach parity with servants with S/Linear curves until max level. So, assuming you're talking about a 4* or 5* servant, one with a linear or S curve will be superior to one with a Reverse S curves once they reach level 40-50 and remain so until max level (when the Reverse S servants will finally reach parity). Overall, it seems that S is the best growth curve for a servant to have, as upon reaching level 60 or so it will be superior to an equivalent servant of either other growth curve until max level (since the low growth in the last 20-30 levels means it will have already achieved most of its stats).

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

Freak Futanari posted:

It would actually be pretty badass if they animated Mind of Steel.

Are all of the stupid popular bad ends (Sparks Liner High, Mind of Steel, 9 Bullet Revolver, etc.) Heaven's Feel endings, anyway?

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

9 bullet revolver isn't a bad end, it's just cool as heck

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
I love that this means we might actually get Sparks Liner High as a mini-OVA on one of the HF movies

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

AlternateNu posted:

Are all of the stupid popular bad ends (Sparks Liner High, Mind of Steel, 9 Bullet Revolver, etc.) Heaven's Feel endings, anyway?

Heaven's Feel has the most :black101: because of how grim it is that even the victories come at a price leading up to the bitter sweet normal end to set up the legit proper end that actually feels like Shirou and the audience *earned* their happy ending.

Sparks Liner High: is Shirou legit fighting a melee Servant 1v1 and winning; something described as impossible even in UBW with the victory over Gil being a cheesey hack in comparison.

Mind of Steel: One of the most tragic ends if you have a good grasp of the material and know that this is perhaps one of the most thematically worse ends for Shirou in that his life is most likely to end up pointless like Kiritsugu's but also has the promise of being the most epically badass assuming Kotomine isn't speaking out of his rear end and Shirou does somehow pull a win by emulating Kiritsugu's ruthlessness (Assuming he still even for a bit cooperates with Rin long enough to figure out projection I don't think it's impossible).

Then you have some truly :gonk: endings like what Sakura does to Rin that we haven't seen since Caster got her hands on Shirou to use him as a wand.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Raenir Salazar posted:

assuming Kotomine isn't speaking out of his rear end
about that

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
I'm half expecting them to find some way to incorporate Sparks Liner High into the main narrative, like the Archer/Berserker from the original anime.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

taser rates posted:

I'm half expecting them to find some way to incorporate Sparks Liner High into the main narrative, like the Archer/Berserker from the original anime.

It would be nice to have it so that Shirou fights Saber for a while, almost wins, but then is about to be defeated because Saber isn't left handed until Rider brings the cavalry to Shirou's rescue.

The problem is for Fate purists is that doing so should technically prevent the true ending because Shirou is supposed to conserve his projections at this point. Sure they can just handwave it or something, I'm sure it isn't hard to have both but that would be the objection.

Endorph posted:

about that

Kotomine is a lying liar who lies UNLESS the truth would make you suffer so much more. :unsmith:

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008
Does Kotomine ever actually lie though? I think he prefers conveniently withholding information, using sneaky phrasing, and telling half-truths, but i can't remember if he ever straight up lies during the game.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

Freak Futanari posted:

Does Kotomine ever actually lie though? I think he prefers conveniently withholding information, using sneaky phrasing, and telling half-truths, but i can't remember if he ever straight up lies during the game.

Actually on reflection I think this is probably true.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Cake Attack posted:

I think Shiro and Rin going to mage university is a better ending but the good ending does not fill me with rage that it exists

Same. It's about on par as the Good Ending for Arcueid in Tsukihime for me as in, I don't think it works well, but it's there, so what can you do.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

He actually does lie. For example:

Complete Material 3 posted:

Q: Kotomine said that he had a replica of the Holy Grail that could communicate with the dead, but was that just a lie?
A: It was a priest’s harmless lie! To gain the approval of outside magi, he kept a Grail look-alike in order to have “a sacred relic that grants bargaining power”!

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Silver2195 posted:

He actually does lie. For example:

Ah, i see. Luckily that was just a priest's harmless lie.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
Bit of a tangent that I thought of, but say they did multiple movies of Heaven's Feel. I think the best way would be to present scenes non-chronologically. That way you could pace the action scenes more evenly and also give it that broken, fragmented mind feel as both Shiro and Sakura begin losing it. You could even do some of the bad end stuff without it feeling too forced.

Of course it could end up a huge mess, but I think a straight adaptation would already be a huge mess so why not get creative with it.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Compendium posted:

Same. It's about on par as the Good Ending for Arcueid in Tsukihime for me as in, I don't think it works well, but it's there, so what can you do.

I never really got the obsession with many people seemingly always wanting a sunshine and roses ending. Because in another example, also from Tsukihime, Hisui True just thematically fits so much better than Hisui Good. It's somewhat bittersweet for obvious reasons, but at the same time it's optimistic in and of itself. I don't need the "and then everything magically worked out perfectly" end. Similarly to above posters they don't annoy me or anything, I'm just completely indifferent to them.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Lord Koth posted:

I never really got the obsession with many people seemingly always wanting a sunshine and roses ending. Because in another example, also from Tsukihime, Hisui True just thematically fits so much better than Hisui Good. It's somewhat bittersweet for obvious reasons, but at the same time it's optimistic in and of itself. I don't need the "and then everything magically worked out perfectly" end. Similarly to above posters they don't annoy me or anything, I'm just completely indifferent to them.

The "good" endings in Tsukihime actually do annoy me, especially Hisui Good. Kohaku's issues shouldn't be that easy to resolve. Also, renaming her "Nanaya" is extra dumb, since it's associated with everything Hisui and Shiki are trying to help Kohaku get away from (rape, the demon-blood/demon hunter conflict, the effects of Kohaku's own :catdrugs: experiments).

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

He lied about the death of Tokiomi when he and Rin were in the graveyard at the end of Fate/zero. I don't remember the exact phrasing but we saw enough of how Kirei got the Azoth Dagger that he was lying about that, at least.

But yes, his usual shtick is to phrase things in such a way that he's not technically lying.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I seem to remember during my Fate re-play that yeah Kirei does just straight up lie about some stuff.

Leviathean
Oct 22, 2012

?

Freak Futanari posted:

Sylphid posted:

He lied about the death of Tokiomi when he and Rin were in the graveyard at the end of Fate/zero. I don't remember the exact phrasing but we saw enough of how Kirei got the Azoth Dagger that he was lying about that, at least.

But yes, his usual shtick is to phrase things in such a way that he's not technically lying.

You can't leave out the time where he was like "I'm going to leave on a plane first thing next morning" and then "actually there was never a plane and you have a knife in your heart" to Tokiomi. But for lying during the FSN game, I can't think of any concrete examples.

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I finished EMIYA's second interlude and his NP ranked up to A++ :toot:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Apparently Robin Hood's NP can hit as hard as Orian's NP due to possible programming error?

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 14:18 on Oct 9, 2015

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Nyaa posted:

Apparently Robin Hood's NP can hit as hard as Orian's NP due to possible programming error?

Now I kind of want to level up my RHood.
Saber and Berserker have basically taken the bulk of my xp thus far. Perhaps I should let Robin in on the fun too

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Nyaa posted:

For some bizarre reason (I did read the code and nothing seemed wrong, but it's also super hard to track code just by eye) the Super Effective modifier triggers with any debuff, or at least that's what the people who do proper testing in controlled conditions told me.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013

Kyte posted:

For some bizarre reason (I did read the code and nothing seemed wrong, but it's also super hard to track code just by eye) the Super Effective modifier triggers with any debuff, or at least that's what the people who do proper testing in controlled conditions told me.

The bug is most likely the poison being applied prior to the NP going off. But the Any-Debuff bonus mod is also probably a defect as well because it should be poison only
Delight Works everyone!

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
:toot: Got my EMIYA to Stage 3. I just need 9 Archer monuments and I can shovel him to 4.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Postal Parcel posted:

The bug is most likely the poison being applied prior to the NP going off. But the Any-Debuff bonus mod is also probably a defect as well because it should be poison only
Delight Works everyone!

The thing is, if I remember the reports correctly yew bow doesn't get its bonus damage if there aren't any debuffs applied.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

So i did my first 40 Quartz draw and I'm having rather mixed feelings about it. The rider is a duplicate.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Aumanor posted:

So i did my first 40 Quartz draw and I'm having rather mixed feelings about it.

You got Jeanne, you're not allowed to have mixed feelings.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Aumanor posted:

So i did my first 40 Quartz draw and I'm having rather mixed feelings about it. The rider is a duplicate.

You got a 5* CE and a 5* servant. Most people consider getting even a single 4* servant (much less a 5* one) to be a very good multi-roll. You will probably look back on this as being one of your best multi-rolls ever.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Freak Futanari posted:

You got Jeanne, you're not allowed to have mixed feelings.

Unreasonable expectations, most probably, but I was hoping for the five-star Berserker. He's been carrying me as a support until Troika changed his leader :v: Other than Jeanne I only have three-star servants and I've been kind of reluctant in feeding them higher star exp cards. I still don't really have a feel for many aspects of this game. Oh well, I'll do another draw and see what to do from there.

Some newbie questions: how hosed am I for only starting this recently? And is it worth spending Quartz on more inventory slots?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Lancer Cu is probably one of the better if not best 3* Servants.

edit; and honestly, you're only hosed for starting this recently in terms of missing out on the limited events that gave out sweet prizes and CEs (like getting a free 4* Servant last month, Nero's Festival, Dango Festival).

Right now, the 4 Million Downloads event is a thing so if you log on everyday consecutively you'll at least get some free quartz and Mana Prisms until the 10/16, JP time.

Compendium fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Oct 10, 2015