Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

What is Kill Six Billion Demons?

quote:

A conquering king must come with violence in his self of selves. He must splay the guts of his enemy with no weapon but his hearstrings. His lips must spit sweet music that pulverizes his enemies, and his eyes must tell a brain-cleaving tale of loveliness. He must quench the sword of his tongue in the love of his enemies.

When does the comic update?

quote:

Oh killer of men and splitter of fate, cut us the path with your blade, tempered well in the hot breath of the dying

What are the themes of this comic?

quote:

Who might this be? Her last name happens to be ‘Murder the Gods and Topple Their Thrones’, but we are uncertain of her first name. Perhaps you can elucidate us?

I really like this, is there any ways I can help the author?

quote:

“Next I wyll speak on the Ymps, or Blue Devyls. Ymps are flymsy of Body but possesseth a Tongue most vyle and skylfull in the Art. The Blue Devyl possesseth Skin of nyght-hue, hyr Mask is royal, and hyr Blood is ebon. Ymps have a certyn Fondness for Lyquor and Vyce that suiteth a crafty Sum’ner well should he wysh to gayn Employment of these Fiends.”
Thulsa Drulle’s Daemoniac Maleficum

mr. stefan posted:

No don't having a thread curses webcomics to shitness, don't you dare risk k6bd

quote:

“The lightn’ings on which they rode were bent with talon’d lash,
An’ few there were that rode ahead and batter’d out their path,
But others reach’d with grasping hands to pluck fools from the fray,
An’ best as known them sorry souls are ridden to this day.”
– Folk rhyme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Every time I see this posted it looks loving awesome, I would probably love it. I really can't stand reading webcomics, though, something about that format always bugged me. Has the author said anything about it getting printed?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Hakkesshu posted:

Every time I see this posted it looks loving awesome, I would probably love it. I really can't stand reading webcomics, though, something about that format always bugged me. Has the author said anything about it getting printed?

quote:

Abbadon
August 21, 2014, 10:51 pm | Reply
I definitely plan to take it to print somehow, stay posted as to what form that will take. I will definitely at the least be recoloring all the earlier pages and doing a lot of cleanup all over. I work all digitally, I used to do all my inking traditionally but it stymied my creative process pretty hard. Thanks for the good vibes!

I haven't read anything else.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

In some universes the battle tank was created - an armored shell protecting a core of weak flesh and razor sharp reason.

In many ways, an angel is perhaps similar, a fired stone or metal shell protecting a controlled nuclear explosion skilled in millenia old martial arts.

Perhaps.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT
Awhile ago I read the first few pages. I keep meaning to go back and read the whole thing.

The art is loving incredible.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Cryophage posted:

In some universes the battle tank was created - an armored shell protecting a core of weak flesh and razor sharp reason.

In many ways, an angel is perhaps similar, a fired stone or metal shell protecting a controlled nuclear explosion skilled in millenia old martial arts.

Perhaps.

I was going to put this in the OP but I forgot where it was first posted and I forgot it existed.

Thanks Cryophage you glorious bastard you

Error 404 posted:

Awhile ago I read the first few pages. I keep meaning to go back and read the whole thing.

The art is loving incredible.

I have re-read this a couple of times, art is still loving incredible.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Cryophage doing K6BD animations. We have reached heaven through gifs.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG
This is a good thread about a good comic.

KOGAHAZAN!!
Apr 29, 2013

a miserable failure as a person

an incredible success as a magical murder spider

Update! :neckbeard:

So. The boy is Zaid, right? 6 Juggernaut Star also thinks he's the successor?

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Hahaha, seeing the bonewheel skeletons just chilling out when not forming a kickin' rad motorcycle fills me with joy.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Autonomous Monster posted:

Update! :neckbeard:

So. The boy is Zaid, right? 6 Juggernaut Star also thinks he's the successor?

I honestly think almost everyone in this world thinks he/she/it are the successor in some level.a

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Hahaha, seeing the bonewheel skeletons just chilling out when not forming a kickin' rad motorcycle fills me with joy.

This, this is truly the best

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I'm glad someone made a thread, it's a great read.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
that poll is pretty sharp, and balanced like a good blade

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Tollymain posted:

that poll is pretty sharp, and balanced like a good blade

No the poll is pretty dull, and uneven like my poo poo posting

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

Both statements are true.

YS ATN VARAMA PRESH

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

So is skelecycle gon be added to the op or are you saving that for readers to run into themselves.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

T.G. Xarbala posted:

So is skelecycle gon be added to the op or are you saving that for readers to run into themselves.

'ere ya go

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

:ocelot::whatup:

Radiochromatic
Feb 17, 2011
I always meant to really sit down and get into this comic, but the (at the time) sparse updates and massive text walls really made it hard to digest all the world building. That said, I started from scratch and binged a few days ago, and HOLY poo poo this is an excellent comic.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
So now that the patreon reached 2-3 strips a week, when does this comic update?

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Jackard posted:

So now that the patreon reached 2-3 strips a week, when does this comic update?

Tuesday/Friday

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
pree asma, ys ashram, hansa and prat pravam forgive me for these shitposts i am about to make

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.
I selected all answers in the poll

(I selected no answers in the poll)

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer
K6BD is something I wish existed as a graphic novel. I want all of it done, in one package, for me to dig into. I'll live with the page by page because I have to, but I would sell my soul to some stupid rear end demon for all of it.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?

The greatest Art is lying to the face of God.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Oct 8, 2015

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

I learned about this thread due to Cryophage posting this on Tumblr and being confused when it wasn't in the general webcomics thread. I love this animation of one of my favorite scenes in the comic so far.

Coincidentally, two days ago I *finally* sat down and read KSBD and cannot believe I have been missing out on such an amazing thing for so long now.

It is amazing how dense both the art and the mythology are, and while the art is pretty great from the start it just keeps getting better -- the pages from the latest chapter, in particular seem to have kicked it up another notch. Allison now that she's found some backbone and/or decided she doesn't give a drat and is going to do things her way, is more fun, and I'm enjoying her interactions with Cio a bunch. Amazing stuff all around really.

Quinton fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Oct 8, 2015

GloriousDemon
May 1, 2009
A Where's Waldo of mythology, horrors, and violence.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Quinton posted:

Coincidentally, two days ago I *finally* sat down and read KSBD and cannot believe I have been missing out on such an amazing thing for so long now.

It is amazing how dense both the art and the mythology are, and while the art is pretty great from the start it just keeps getting better -- the pages from the latest chapter, in particular seem to have kicked it up another notch. Allison now that she's found some backbone and/or decided she doesn't give a drat and is going to do things her way, is more fun, and I'm enjoying her interactions with Cio a bunch. Amazing stuff all around really.

Good timing that you read it just after the polish up and insertion of more exposition into the early chapters. It used to be a bit more confusing and overwhelming.

generally I prefer
Apr 17, 2006

MikeJF posted:

Good timing that you read it just after the polish up and insertion of more exposition into the early chapters. It used to be a bit more confusing and overwhelming.

Oh wait, did that actually get done? Time to go and re-read!

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

This series is great. I always respected it from a distance cause it seemed rough to get into, but it is literally the definition of cool. It is one of the best things the internet has brought me. The overall aesthetic and design of things is super loving fantastic.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Guitar_Hero posted:

Oh wait, did that actually get done? Time to go and re-read!

It certainly got started - there's new pages in there and old pages changed. I assume it's completed.

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

I read KSBD's first chapter a long time ago. It looked great and was confusing as hell.

I re-read it last night (thanks to this thread) and it seems to be a lot better.

I dunno if that's because something changed or if i just remembered some of it, or both.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Quinton posted:

Allison now that she's found some backbone and/or decided she doesn't give a drat and is going to do things her way, is more fun, and I'm enjoying her interactions with Cio a bunch. Amazing stuff all around really.

Cio is the best supporting character.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Cio is the best supporting character.

DarkCrawler
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin
This comic is incredible. The only aspect of it I don't like about it is that I stumbled upon it a year ago and not a decade from this because I want way more of it. The art is just...mind-blowing. This dude(tte?) has to be a professional doing this on his free time, right?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

DarkCrawler posted:

This comic is incredible. The only aspect of it I don't like about it is that I stumbled upon it a year ago and not a decade from this because I want way more of it. The art is just...mind-blowing. This dude(tte?) has to be a professional doing this on his free time, right?
Operant may or may not have been involved in the revelation of exactly WHAT is inside all those Liefeld pouches.

Quinton
Apr 25, 2004

MikeJF posted:

Oh, lucky! My laziness actually worked in my favor.

I love Cio's mode of speech. Words like "yawnsome" just make me grin.
Also her disdain for the mundane details of Allison's story:

I do wish the font in the text bubbles were just a bit larger (the barely pixel-wide stems kinda break up a it).

This is a comic that I would happily pay for a higher resolution edition of, because of all the insane detail (one of the best benefits of the Unsounded patreon).

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
it took me a little while to figure out that cio did not in fact have four arms, but rather that she just gestures like a spaz and the art is meant to reflect her hyperactive flailing

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

paranoid randroid posted:

it took me a little while to figure out that cio did not in fact have four arms, but rather that she just gestures like a spaz and the art is meant to reflect her hyperactive flailing

Well, she does kind of look like a grasshopper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Giant Ethicist
Jun 9, 2013

Looks like she got on a loaf of bread instead of a bus again...
Aww, I've been secretly hoping she has another couple arms tucked up magically inside her shirt or something.