Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go with my gut for now and ##vote Nth

I'll gladly switch to CC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I'm gonna go with my gut for now and ##vote Nth

I'll gladly switch to CC

Why are you going with a gut call on D3 when there is plenty of actual content to use?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

TMMadman posted:

Why are you going with a gut call on D3 when there is plenty of actual content to use?

I can believe there are two docs, both with different roles that behave differently, and CC's reaction doesn't feel like a scum reaction but a newbie pissed off town. Idk though I'll try and read stuff more before deadline

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Pushing for a lynch on someone that isn't me or CC is fine, but you aren't going to persuade anyone with your gut at this point in the game

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

Pushing for a lynch on someone that isn't me or CC is fine, but you aren't going to persuade anyone with your gut at this point in the game

I agree, I need to get a case together on him but work is stupid busy today so when I can I will

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Has Biaga checked in since this whole doctor mess? What do you think about all this Biaga?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Kashuno posted:

I can believe there are two docs, both with different roles that behave differently, and CC's reaction doesn't feel like a scum reaction but a newbie pissed off town. Idk though I'll try and read stuff more before deadline

So this is what I don't get - the main difference stated between the two doc roleclaims is that CC said his protection only worked on one kill while Kumba said his PM had no such limitation, right?

Colonel Corazon posted:

I protect my target at night from one source of NK. Which was TMM last night

That reads to me as CC being under pressure, googling 'mafia doctor,' opening the fifth result (first one that has to do with the game) and paraphrasing the first sentence:

quote:

A Doctor is a role that targets a player at Night to protect that player from a single kill made during that Night.

Kumba would have nothing to gain in a fake claim from saying that part of his PM was different (especially after CC said what his contained first), and it's interesting to me that if that really WAS different from a PM CC got, I would have expected a much stronger reaction. Instead, what we get from him reads to me as resignation. If he's the doc, he should be doing everything he can to push this off of him and survive another night. But if he's not, then he got brutally caught in a hasty phoneposted fakeclaim and is frustrated about it.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

TMMadman posted:

Has Biaga checked in since this whole doctor mess? What do you think about all this Biaga?

Biaga's radio silence is kind of concerning given all that's happened, yeah. Though to be fair to him, I think he said earlier in the thread that Weds/Thurs were his school days?

Biaga
Oct 27, 2009
I am surprised that people don't remember the same thing happened last week, I have 8 hours of school and 3 hours of other activites. My radio silence should come as no surprise on Wednesdays.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAH 250 missed posts in less than 24 hours. So much for the no-lurking rule.

As for the doctor situation, I am pretty sure one is lying and given the flipping vote of CC I am tending to lean toward him. Kumba doesn't look too innocent, but my suspicion has me focused on CC.

I really enjoy the "nolynch vote by Kash and CC though, that was a pleasant touch.

Personally I think CC called doctor because we were looking at him seriously and he needed to fudge the trail. He took TMM's call for the doctor reveal early in the day as a route of escape and is using pretty efficiently. Continually, Kash is muddying the waters with his own sporadic votes in an effort to push red flags away from CC. Smells like cooperation.

Either way, I will switch to CC if it comes down to it, but I would prefer to watch Kash swing.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor posted:

Kash, you went from a vote on Biaga being weird to voting him yourself in just over an hour and you've stuck to your guns ever since. This is why I agree with TMM that your vote seems opportunistic. The only waver you've had was this morning:

Furthermore you got a direct accusation of being bros with Pope and you did the same thing you blame Biaga for:

You aren't answering the charge here. You're just :iiam: at TMM.
##vote Kashuno

Misrepresentation of my responses by blatantly ignoring my actual responses to people. Started this "Kashuno is dodgy" line that many people looked at while Biaga was under pressure.

Nth Doctor posted:

It's worth pointing out, strongly suspected townie Kumba notably appears to think Biaga is town as well.

:razz: After TMM sums up the current issues for DBD, Nth felt it was necessary to step in and cover Biaga here. When TMM's summary feels off to Kumba, Nth comes in to disservice it more.

Nth Doctor posted:

The only thing I can see that could make one's spider sense tingle is that the summary is explicitly just TMM's views, and could be used as a way to nudge any newly entering player's thoughts by getting the first word in. Setting the stage, so to speak.

Nth Doctor posted:

I'mma take this advice.

Biaga

You were in a bad way D1 and I defended you. I'd appreciate it if you posted a bit more because I felt like I was hanging in the wind due to your lurking most of D1.
I'm guilty of doing it yesterday too, so I get it. Let's both post more better, K?

Putting this out publicly rubs me as "Look at how town I am, helping the newbie!"

Nth Doctor posted:

I don't like SSV's tendency to hide out and not make posts. I didn't like SSV's apparent bandwagoning on votes. I think SSV is vaguely scummy and took his "OH my goodness, WHAT HAPPENED?" post with the initial "what do you think, SK or vig?" setup speculation as trying to introduce the topic while not weighing in at all on it.

I gotta get home, but I'm hoping to get one more chunk of effort done tonight.

Jumping on the SSV wagon, which is a safe play because Kumba had already laid down a vote there.

Nth Doctor posted:

Is it bad to think about who may be killing us and why it probably isn't a townie? Serious question.

You're absolutely right. I've only committed a vote to you, once on D1. Never anything today. I want to remedy that this evening.

Buddying up to me about my opinions.

Nth Doctor posted:

And Biaga, FFS, please talk about folks other than Kash. I think Kash is scummy as gently caress, but there is at least one other killer out there. Let's think about that.

More Biaga defense, especially after his list post where he was getting town vibes from Biaga.

Nth Doctor posted:

You hardly post in the thread as I mentioned up top.
Podima found you lurking here while playing two other games of Mafia.
You let the scummiest player you see persuade you in a single post to jump ship on your vote on them.
It's like you aren't interested in hunting for scum because you must feel pretty loving safe.

This bothers me. It's almost like reinforcing pressure on SSV because he voted Biaga, and wants to push down on how bad an idea that is.

Nth Doctor posted:

You make a really good point about my posting on Biaga all game - I didn't realize I was tunneling on him so hard, but in retrospect he's been kind of a lightning rod. There's one thing that sticks out, though:
If you're right and Biaga and I are scumbuds then why would I be engaging him in thread cajoling him to post more each day instead of filling the scumdoc with "POST MORE, FUCKER, YOU ARE MAKING US LOOK SCUMMY"?
That doesn't make sense.

This is obnoxious. "WHY WOULD I FAKE INTERACT IN THE THREAD????" I don't like it at all.

tl;dr he seems to be faking town opinions and trying to get town cred by totally helping a newer player. I feel like this case was made.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

TMMadman posted:

:razz:

IRL stuff:
My wife is headed into the hospital to get herself checked out. We're late in the third trimester and she thinks she may be leaking amniotic fluid. If that is the case we'll be headed for N+1.1th Doctor being born sometime extremely soon due to risk of infection and as charming as all of you folks are, I won't be paying any attention all afternoon / evening.

In brief:
CC: gently caress you. I think you're the scum. ##vote Colonel Corazon Sorry your cleric gambit failed but we worship ourselves in wizardry. :colbert:
Biaga: I think you're scum. For a while I didn't know if you were playing scum badly or town extremely badly. I feel pretty convinced it's the former. Sorry about voting for your buddy but you're next in my mind.
Kumba: I think you're town. I really wish your breadcrumb had been... flavored. That would have made this poo poo a no brainer.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Nth Doctor posted:

:razz:

IRL stuff:
My wife is headed into the hospital to get herself checked out. We're late in the third trimester and she thinks she may be leaking amniotic fluid. If that is the case we'll be headed for N+1.1th Doctor being born sometime extremely soon due to risk of infection and as charming as all of you folks are, I won't be paying any attention all afternoon / evening.

:ohdear: Hopefully it all turns out okay!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
also ##unvote

I don't think there was a reason to bus biaga at this time, so I believe Nth.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kashuno posted:

also ##unvote

I don't think there was a reason to bus biaga at this time, so I believe Nth.

Can you explain what this means? This looks like you just posted a case and then immediately backpedaled on it because of a single line in a post.

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

A faction armed to the teeth hardly seems friendly to me.

I hope everything goes alright with your family Nth

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Biaga you're an idiot if you think I'm working with Kash

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kumbamontu posted:

Can you explain what this means? This looks like you just posted a case and then immediately backpedaled on it because of a single line in a post.

I feel like Nth is acting scummy, but a lot of that is based on a weird defense of Biaga that screams to me "I'M VERY TOWN LOOK AT ME HELP OTHERS." that said, bussing Biaga there was probably not necessary since he could've easily rode the CC train to a mislynch today without calling Biaga out at all. I suppose it's possible it was a bus, as Nth has been relatively weak in all his posting so far, but it seems unlikely at this tine.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Biaga posted:

I am surprised that people don't remember the same thing happened last week, I have 8 hours of school and 3 hours of other activites. My radio silence should come as no surprise on Wednesdays.

Also, HAHAHAHAHAHAH 250 missed posts in less than 24 hours. So much for the no-lurking rule.

As for the doctor situation, I am pretty sure one is lying and given the flipping vote of CC I am tending to lean toward him. Kumba doesn't look too innocent, but my suspicion has me focused on CC.

I really enjoy the "nolynch vote by Kash and CC though, that was a pleasant touch.

Personally I think CC called doctor because we were looking at him seriously and he needed to fudge the trail. He took TMM's call for the doctor reveal early in the day as a route of escape and is using pretty efficiently. Continually, Kash is muddying the waters with his own sporadic votes in an effort to push red flags away from CC. Smells like cooperation.

Either way, I will switch to CC if it comes down to it, but I would prefer to watch Kash swing.

I sincerely hope you realize the point of me calling for a nolynch. CC's vote to nolynch while Kumba said a nolynch is a bad idea gave me more insight into them both. I personally think CC looks a lot worse after that, but he's at -2 so I'll wait.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Of the two claims, Kumbas is a bit better; it's more complete and fits the flavor better. I was wondering what school of magic the doctor would be and thaumaturgy is a decent fit. It's not quite perfect, but really the only perfect one I think is the rolecop being a diviner. Abjuration for jailer and scryer for tracker are close but exact just like thaumaturgist. Kumba did you get a spell name to go with your role?

CCs claim does have some issues like not being a wizard. However, I actually think the only blocks one kill thing makes sense in a game that could possibly have two killers.

I'm still not sure what is up with Kash and I'm actually more likely to vote him now than I was at the start of the day. His 'gut' call is strange especially when considering that one of the big cases against Nth ties him to Biaga whom Kash thinks is town. But I can't see Kash and CC being scum together since CC has been going after Kash hard all game.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

TMMadman posted:

Of the two claims, Kumbas is a bit better; it's more complete and fits the flavor better. I was wondering what school of magic the doctor would be and thaumaturgy is a decent fit. It's not quite perfect, but really the only perfect one I think is the rolecop being a diviner. Abjuration for jailer and scryer for tracker are close but exact just like thaumaturgist. Kumba did you get a spell name to go with your role?

CCs claim does have some issues like not being a wizard. However, I actually think the only blocks one kill thing makes sense in a game that could possibly have two killers.

I'm still not sure what is up with Kash and I'm actually more likely to vote him now than I was at the start of the day. His 'gut' call is strange especially when considering that one of the big cases against Nth ties him to Biaga whom Kash thinks is town. But I can't see Kash and CC being scum together since CC has been going after Kash hard all game.

I did indeed get a spell name, 'Circle of Protection'

I think the only blocks on kill thing would make sense if both of us had it. The fact of the matter is though my Role Name is Doctor and apparently his is too. I would think that the same actual Role Name would behave the same if there are duplicates, Flavor notwithstanding.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I certainly don't think Biaga is town? I'm backing off it for the moment but nowhere said he's town.

Also if I'm scum it'd be interesting to have you tell me who you think is scum with me since I'm pretty sure everybody alive cased me at some point

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Kumba is full of poo poo

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Kumbamontu posted:

I did indeed get a spell name, 'Circle of Protection'

I think the only blocks one kill thing would make sense if both of us had it. The fact of the matter is though my Role Name is Doctor and apparently his is too. I would think that the same actual Role Name would behave the same if there are duplicates, Flavor notwithstanding.

mafia edit: on = one

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Colonel Corazon posted:

Kumba is full of poo poo

I love you too

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

Kumba is full of poo poo

What's your spell name?

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

It's kiss my rear end who cares :v:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Colonel Corazon posted:

It's kiss my rear end who cares :v:

Guess that's that then.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
I am now entirely confident in my vote and it is unlikely to move. CC has acted like a petulant child being cased, has refused to heed advice as to how to proceed constructively if he is in fact town, and has instead chosen to dig in his heels and refuse to meaningfully interact with anyone, likely because he is in damage control mode and doesn't want to tie himself to players in any way that would give further insight into who the other bad dude(s) is/are.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Colonel Corazon He is at -1

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

:iiam:

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Just kidding I'm the Apostate (aka traitor mafia) just doing my job outing the doc before I get lynched. I can get a night kill every other night so tonight I'm going to kill Podima or Gabriel (I killed Someone Awful on N1 btw). Sorry for all the poo poo posting but I needed to "win" today's vote

Mafia bros please kill Kumba so we can get two night kills and have good numbers tomorrow

I can also do this

##vote Corazon

:redhammer:

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

Colonel Corazon (5): Kashuno, Kumbamontu, Podima, Kashuno, Podima, Kumbamontu, Kumbamontu, Podima, Kashuno, Kashuno, Nth Doctor, Kashuno, Colonel Corazon
Kashuno (1): Biaga, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon
Kumbamontu (0): Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon, Colonel Corazon
Lynch No One! (0): Kashuno, Colonel Corazon, Kashuno, Colonel Corazon
Biaga (0): TMMadman, Kashuno, Kashuno, TMMadman
Nth Doctor (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (2): Gabriel Pope, TMMadman

With 8 alive, it's 5 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 08th, 2015 at 9 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 7 hours, 36 minutes.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

A little-discussed aspect of wizardry is the concept of laws and chaos. Today, in the tower, chaos reigned. Accusations of magical skill and arcane proofs were requested, provided, denied, and misunderstood. Among the wizards, Colonel Corazon seemed to be the strangest attractor of attention, yet when she was forced towards the window, the most unusual thing yet took place. With a sneer, she simply stepped out, and fell. But no impact was ever noticed. An odd power surge was felt, and then all was still.

On Day 3, Colonel Corazon was defenestrated, but a strange force has saved her life! It is now Night 3. Please submit your actions as soon as possible.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

The night took its blood, but perhaps not all was bad news. Two wizards did not arise, but only one was a loss for the forces of good.

On Night 3, Kumbamontu, Good-Aligned Thaumaturgist (Town Doctor), was slain!

On Night 3, Podima, Evil-Aligned Wizard (Magia Goon), was slain!

It is now Day 4.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
##vote Colonel Corazon

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Votecount for Day 4

Colonel Corazon (1): Kashuno

Not Voting (5): Biaga, Colonel Corazon, Gabriel Pope, Nth Doctor, TMMadman

With 6 alive, it's 4 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 09th, 2015 at 5:45 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day, 3 hours.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
:ghost: :v: :ghost:

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
btw thanks CC ;)

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:ghost: :smugwizard: :ghost:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Colonel Corazon
Feb 12, 2011

Lol no problem

##vote Kashuno

• Locked thread