Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Actually thats a point,
[code FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : ovi->rate==44100
[error]Function : CSoundRender_Source::LoadWave
[error]File : SoundRender_Source_loader.cpp
[error]Line : 71
[error]Description : Invalid source rate:
[error]Arguments : s:\s.t.a.l.k.e.r. - lost alpha\gamedata\sounds\detectors\da-2_noise1_loop.ogg

stack trace:

0023:0FF64793 xrCore.dll, xrDebug::fail()
0023:0F4ACEA2 xrSound.dll, CSound_manager_interface::_create()
0023:0FF45D61 xrCore.dll, CLocatorAPI::r_open()
0023:6539E99A MSVCR120.dll, _RTCastToVoid()
0023:6539E98D MSVCR120.dll, _RTCastToVoid()
0023:0FF66C6E xrCore.dll, str_container::dock()
0023:6539EA53 MSVCR120.dll, _RTDynamicCast()] [/code]

its an idea to have a look at logs if the game crashes a lot. or in the same way in a certain spot, and post the results.
the above is due to a detector beep being at 22khz not 44khz, or something like that, I remedied it by removing the ogg from my gamedata folder and letting the game use the original one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

Switching to dx11 from dx10 seems to have fixed the crash bug i was having.

Does anyone know where I can get the merc exoskeleton legit? Or a mechanic who can upgrade an exoskeleton in general? I added the merc exoskeleton to the merc trader (cause it seemed weird he'd sell the regular exo and not the merc one) but the merc mechanic can't upgrade it.

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Forester in the Red Forest can do all upgrades, but charges more

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

Ddraig posted:

Forester in the Red Forest can do all upgrades, but charges more

Nice, thanks!

I've run into a weird bug. I had a contract killer mission to kill a guy, and I killed the guy, but the mission isn't registering as complete, it's just pointing me to the corpse of the guy i killed. Maybe I need to double kill him?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois
Rerolled as a bandit, got a "job" to take some friends out looting. Got bored popping the odd Loners and Duty patrols in the Garbage, so we wiped out the entire bar area. Duty and the Barman are now one with the Zone.

"Hey, good job, here's your cut!"

3064 RU :shepicide:

Bonus, the mission title: Chiki Briki iv Damke

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Where can I reliably get missions as a Military guy? I got one to give the dude a Gunsmithing kit, but nobody else has offered anything of note. Is my "turn off the Brain Scorcher" thing as far as it goes there?

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
Holy poo poo Limansk, what a fun area. I'm in that underground busted up place to the north of it right now, trying to get onto the balcony in the last room before the exit. Monolith guys keep spawning up there and they can get up and down without a problem but I'm not having any luck, even stacking boxes and poo poo.

One of them had the railgun by the way, holy poo poo. And at least three have had rocket launchers (which they don't know how to use, judging by how often they blow themselves up).

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Saint Sputnik posted:

Holy poo poo Limansk, what a fun area. I'm in that underground busted up place to the north of it right now, trying to get onto the balcony in the last room before the exit. Monolith guys keep spawning up there and they can get up and down without a problem but I'm not having any luck, even stacking boxes and poo poo.

One of them had the railgun by the way, holy poo poo. And at least three have had rocket launchers (which they don't know how to use, judging by how often they blow themselves up).

Are the difficulty settings tied to the numbers of enemies that spawn? I had a total of like 12 guys in Limansk, spread through the entire area. Generally just like 2 or 3 tops in a building, but I was playing on Rookie.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
I have Arsenal Overhaul installed for CoP right now, but I want to try out this Call of Chernobyl thing. Is there an easy way to remove the AO stuff or should I just reinstall?

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Uhhh, gamedata basically.rename it, also i think coc gives you a choice of where to install it.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
I'm getting a consistent CTD in Garbage, near the big rusty station in the center that's always full of bandits. I tried DXT 9, 10 and 11 and it crashes for all settings. Here's the end of the log:

! WARNING: SV: can't find children [17371] of parent [1815103992]
! [SCRIPT ERROR]: ...talker call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\xr_camper.script:182: attempt to index field 'enemy_position' (a nil value)

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : fatal error
[error]Function : CScriptEngine::lua_error
[error]File : ..\xrServerEntities\script_engine.cpp
[error]Line : 193
[error]Description : <no expression>
[error]Arguments : LUA error: ...talker call of pripyat\gamedata\scripts\xr_camper.script:182: attempt to index field 'enemy_position' (a nil value)

e: just got the same crash/error approaching vehicle station in Cordon, where bandits are supposed to spawn.

Saint Sputnik fucked around with this message at 04:50 on Oct 8, 2015

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

is there a way to advance missions via the console or something? this contract killer mission is busted and I want to do more contract kills but the merc guy wont give me one till I complete the previous one, which is bugged.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Please send help. I am trapped in the bottom of the Red Forest caverns, surrounded by anomalies. The ladder is just out of reach. Every time I try to jump to it, the barrel falls away and I land on the floor again.

At least I have a really shiny artifact to stare at.

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Missing Name posted:

Please send help. I am trapped in the bottom of the Red Forest caverns, surrounded by anomalies. The ladder is just out of reach. Every time I try to jump to it, the barrel falls away and I land on the floor again.

At least I have a really shiny artifact to stare at.

There's a path up a slope with some crates in it thats blocked off with some crappy sheet metal. Shoot it all away to freedom!

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
CoC:
Do I find the improved gunsmith kit from vendors like the basic one? What about the advanced?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
There's two repair kits: basic and advanced.

Both are sold by traders, but the latter are much rarer.

As far as I can tell the only mechanic that can do tier 3 repairs is Forester in the Red Forest.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ddraig posted:

There's two repair kits: basic and advanced.

Both are sold by traders, but the latter are much rarer.

As far as I can tell the only mechanic that can do tier 3 repairs is Forester in the Red Forest.

Yeah Forester has been my go-to but I only just learned from this thread that he's more expensive. I thought something was weird with how quickly my 30k vanished.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Avocados posted:

Yeah Forester has been my go-to but I only just learned from this thread that he's more expensive. I thought something was weird with how quickly my 30k vanished.

Go to Dead City, kill everyone (~35 mercs and bandits), sell the ammo you loot. Money problems solved. I think my net gain was right around 30k after repairs and supplies I couldn't find on enemies.

That's also how I wound up with like a 90% SIG550. Cobbled a bunch together with a repair kit I looted from corpses. Ditched my Abakan due to low stopping power.

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Oct 8, 2015

v1ld
Apr 16, 2012

Azran posted:

I have Arsenal Overhaul installed for CoP right now, but I want to try out this Call of Chernobyl thing. Is there an easy way to remove the AO stuff or should I just reinstall?

CoC is standalone, don't install it in your CoP folder. The installer does a registry check if CoP has been installed to appease GSC, but there's no other dependency between the two games.

staberind posted:

Uhhh, gamedata basically.rename it, also i think coc gives you a choice of where to install it.

CoC overrides a lot more than gamedata (bin, db files to start), so don't do this. You'll mess up both CoP and CoC.

v1ld fucked around with this message at 16:09 on Oct 8, 2015

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme
Yeah CoC is a fantastic foundation for new Stalker experiences, but it feels very barren at the moment. I can cross a map and maybe run into one or two packs of dogs and less than ten humans. Are there any easily editable settings to alter this?

Minarchist
Mar 5, 2009

by WE B Bourgeois

Missing Name posted:

That's also how I wound up with like a 90% SIG550. Cobbled a bunch together with a repair kit I looted from corpses. Ditched my Abakan due to low stopping power.

The 2 round burst from a modded AN94 with AP rounds will drop most people you meet. And if it simply staggers them..another 2 round burst to the face will work. You should be going for headshots anyway, especially against guys in the heavy military suits or exoskeletons. Slap a scope on the AN94 and you have a general purpose death machine that's easy to fix and has ammo everywhere; plus the PSO-1 reticle's rangefinder works surprisingly well with the 5.45 ammo even past 200 meters. Most NATO guns just have a plain crosshair (I'm lookin at you, Steyr AUG) and I guess you're supposed to eyeball it at long range or something?

Good/cool stalkan story: Some military jerks were sniping at me in the cordon so I killed them all, sneaked up behind the sniper hiding on the railroad bridge and kicked his rear end, he gave me his stash location before he decided to pull a Makarov on me and seal his death warrant. The stash was on the way to one of Siddy's contract hits so I figured it'd be a good place to stop by and check it out, it might be something usefu- :stare:

FINALLY, GOD drat :argh:

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Most of the respawn_idle was drastically increased just before release. People playing the pre-release leak were complaining about too much stuff going on.

I've created an "Alife Debalance" that basically reverts the global alife rebalance Bangalore did on 6th September.

https://mega.nz/#F!V4M3HYiK!ytP_5PQmAI2SYkOuCS2zCA

If you have giant flaming chimeras who shoot RPGs out of their cocks coming after you 24/7 just remember that you have been warned.

Probably requires a new game start. Gives you a good excuse to roll Monolith and kill the infidel.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Ddraig posted:

Most of the respawn_idle was drastically increased just before release. People playing the pre-release leak were complaining about too much stuff going on.

I've created an "Alife Debalance" that basically reverts the global alife rebalance Bangalore did on 6th September.

If you have giant flaming chimeras who shoot RPGs out of their cocks coming after you 24/7 just remember that you have been warned.

Probably requires a new game start. Gives you a good excuse to roll Monolith and kill the infidel.

Thanks Ddraig!

Edit: FWIW, I installed this and haven't noticed very much difference yet. Ran through the middle of Truck Cemetary from south to north and ran into 2 stalkers and 3 dogs.

Jalumibnkrayal fucked around with this message at 18:29 on Oct 8, 2015

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
I'm thinking I'd like to try out CoC after a long hiatus from serious trips into into The Zone.

Since my time is fairly limited, I'd like a nicely-modded (stable) first experience of CoC since once I get going I don't plan to do multiple restarts to try different things out (and I want to avoid corrupted saves). All of these different mods, branches and permutations are a bit overwhelming.

- I was thinking maybe OWR3 and some kind of nice cosmetic packs. Instead of OWR3 should I wait for AO3 to be adapted for CoC, is it more fun?

- For texture/weather mods, what's the consensus? Atmosfear, Absolute Nature, Absolute Structures?

- I'd also want to adjust the trader weapon condition to change the buy threshold, is that something I have to do manually or is there a mod with a fix for it included somewhere?

- Are there a bunch of other fixes for bugs and annoyances I might need to grab?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
Atmosfear is already included with COC. I've made Absolute Structure/Nature packs for the addons that annoy Russians.

My COC mod adds a few minor things, the main one (hud overlays) is optional with a menu option. 1.9 is now uploading and it contains all patches and fixes from the COC repo right up to this moment, so it's pretty much an unofficial patch aswell.

quote:

1.9:

You guessed it, more COC repo changes:

* Changed immunities/protection for shock damage with exoskeletons.
* Modified xr_box and bind_physic_object - should now have more consistent behaviour.
* Boxes can now contain anything.

1.8:

Even more changes from COC repo:

* Fixed crash related to phantoms.
* Fixed xr_camper
* Further tweaked relations.
* Lowered repair cost factor.

1.7:

Further changes from the COC repo:

* Fixed death manager.
* Disabled DOF when zooming in
* Improved xr_camper
* Further changes to various AI schemes
* Fixes to X16 logic

1.6:

Further changes from COC repo:

* reduce LOD textures
* Enemy alive check to combat ignore
* Additional checks to axr_campfire
* Fixes to faction relations.
* Changes to stalker vision thresholds
* Removal of duplicate fields in m_cat.ltx
* Monolith suits correctly added to inventory_upgrades.ltx

1.5:

* Loading a save with an updated game version should now correctly delete atmosfear_options.ini and load new default settings automatically.
* Changes to close combat with xr_camper scheme.
* Default grass distance now set to 50 on high/extreme presets.

Currently only 1.8 is available, but 1.9 is uploading as I type this so wait a few minutes for that.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Beretta vs Walther. Go.

I'm using 9mm because ammo is lighter and holds more per mag. Anyone see any real difference between the two pistols I named? We're talking 1 round difference in capacity and minor weight. Classy points go to 92FS, though...

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
The correct answer is USP .45. Accept no substitutes.

baromodo
Nov 14, 2012
Cool, thanks for that Ddraig. So you have any thoughts on OWR3 vs AO3 also? Are there any other mods you know of that are nearing release for CoC compatibility that might be essential? (If so, then I will hold off jumping in for now).

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
OW3 is considered the most polished. AO3 is being worked on, but no idea when it's coming out.

Das Butterbrot
Dec 2, 2005
Lecker.
So, CoC wishgranter spoilers:

The game forcibly crashing when picking the "I want the Zone to disappear" option is hilarious. That IS intended behaviour, right?

The "riches" and "immortal" options are obvious, but what happens when you pick "humanity must be controlled"? And am I right in assuming that "world peace" removes all NPCs ?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Das Butterbrot posted:

So, CoC wishgranter spoilers:

The game forcibly crashing when picking the "I want the Zone to disappear" option is hilarious. That IS intended behaviour, right?

The "riches" and "immortal" options are obvious, but what happens when you pick "humanity must be controlled"? And am I right in assuming that "world peace" removes all NPCs ?

1. Yes. Check the log.

2. World peace removes all npcs and stops them from spawning. Humanity must be controlled makes all respawns at all smart terrains controllers instead of what they normally would be. I like this, as if you come back from the Wish Granter not knowing what it does you're seriously going to wonder what the gently caress is up.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
I notice that after installing your mod, Ddraig, all my suit icon textures get hosed up. Not game breaking in any way (and as far as I can tell it's the only issue,) but it's a tad annoying. Any ideas?

I also installed Absolute Nature recently, so it's one of those two.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord
So I quicksaved during an emission and whenever I reload to that, I automatically die. Is there some infinite health fix I can apply to a text file somewhere so I can temporarily give myself god mode until I get to a safe spot?

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house

Erwin the German posted:

I notice that after installing your mod, Ddraig, all my suit icon textures get hosed up. Not game breaking in any way (and as far as I can tell it's the only issue,) but it's a tad annoying. Any ideas?

I also installed Absolute Nature recently, so it's one of those two.

I take it you're using the OWR3 addon? Use the outfits.ltx from that (configs/misc/outfits.ltx)

The one in my mod is only a change to exoskeleton shock protection, so it's no huge loss.

Erwin the German
May 30, 2011

:3
That fixed it, thanks!

Considering doing various Ironman runs to stave off boredom - the trick is to come up with faction goals...

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
Wow. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMLBcvE9pBY

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY

I hope to god it gets released AND ported to CoC post haste.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Justin Time! posted:

I hope to god it gets released AND ported to CoC post haste.

Along with a port of Lost Alpha's maps and an implementation of The Faction War's features.

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

Fun Shoe
That in coc would own bones, but it relies on cop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Buglord

staberind posted:

That in coc would own bones, but it relies on cop.

Isn't CoC built from CoP? Or am I getting something wrong?