Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Levi sees a badguy for what seemed like about 0.3 seconds before stabbing that motherfucker straight in the neck. Hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KidDynamite
Feb 11, 2005

Prison Warden posted:

Levi sees a badguy for what seemed like about 0.3 seconds before stabbing that motherfucker straight in the neck. Hell yeah.

:clint: as gently caress.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Prison Warden posted:

Didn't Eren handle himself against Reiner pretty well last time, barring Reiner's armour? Eren has hardening power now too, so that might change things.
He'll probably do better than last time, but he went in and out of Titan form to seal those walls a couple times so he's not in primo condition.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

Terper posted:

He'll probably do better than last time, but he went in and out of Titan form to seal those walls a couple times so he's not in primo condition.

Wait a sec... did he really do that more than once? I thought they were showing the same hardened "statue" from both sides of the wall, since on one side we see its face and on the other side its back... ?

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Prison Warden posted:

As cool as that sequence was, my initial reaction to it was "Yeah no, Reiner is totally not going out that fast. And to Levi, no less." Anyhew, time to cue up the music and watch the throwdown unfold.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

flowinprose posted:

Wait a sec... did he really do that more than once? I thought they were showing the same hardened "statue" from both sides of the wall, since on one side we see its face and on the other side its back... ?

I guess I was confused with Armin's comment about "waiting for Eren to become exhausted after using his titan powers" and having that text on a panel of Eren breaking out. That probably was just a flashback image though.

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
gently caress yes

I really really want to see another mma grappling match between these two, last time Eren was right on the verge of snapping Reiner's joints apart and breaking his neck off, until Bert belly flopped on his rear end.

idk what they're gonna do about Donkey Kong though, that guy is loving yoked.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

So whats the deal with Erwin's arm

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Did he just make a bunch of humans go ape?

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son

TWIST FIST posted:

What are you talking about he got it chomped off remember :mrgw:

Nah but I'm curious about it too

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

When Levi came at Reiner like that I said "gently caress. Him. Up!" outloud.

Eiba
Jul 26, 2007

I liked the start of the chapter with Armin. The sense of stress and panic was palpable as more and more time passed with nothing happening. It might just be me, but I was really impressed with how well things have been built up for nothing to be so ominous.

Armin getting a command on the spot was also pretty cool. I've always liked his character, even if it has always been kind of a blatant nerd fantasy, and this chapter rewarded him for all of that.

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Wait, where are Monkey Trouble and his titans attacking from, inside of Shiganshina, outside of the walls, or inside of wall wall Maria but outside of the inner wall separating Shiganshina from Maria proper?

Also wow. Monkey Trouble has a nice rear end.

Liquid Dinosaur fucked around with this message at 16:35 on Oct 9, 2015

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
That's the spookiest chapter of manga I've read in a while, reaaaal tense

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

TWIST FIST posted:

Yeah, the panel seemed to indicate he had something hiding. I was thinking about the serum, but Erwin gave it to Levi, he doesn't have it anymore, it has to be another thing?

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Did he just make a bunch of humans go ape?

I think so. In fact at first the scene was confusing, I thought MT and his titans were on the outside part of the outer wall, in the "wild", but no, they were all in human form hiding inside the human area, in fact the Legion passed nearby when they were on horse before reaching the first wall, but as humans they could hide easily (MT knowing he can turn them on titans on will). So they have the enemy on their backs now, cutting their retreat path.
Let's remember too there are two broken wall gates they have to fix, the inner gate (broken by Reiner charging in) and the outer gate (broken by Bert's foot). They passed the first one but they didn't close it, they wanted to do first the outer gate and second the inner gate, to leave their retreat path open just in case of bad stuff. MT throw the rock from behind to the inner gate, leaving debris that cut off horse's usage for the Legion if they want to retreat.

Syrant
Jun 28, 2006
This post is brought to you by: Goat Bouillabaise.

First 9
Just show us your arm, Erwin.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Is it just me or is Reiner in more modern clothes there?

Also Erwin was looking at the stabilizer on his arm. It's a newly added thing all the Scouts have. Not sure what it does yet. Probably has something to do with the "Spear" they kept talking about.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'm guessing Magilla Gorilla can turn Titans back to human form as well as into Titans? Otherwise, yeah, I dunno how he got enough people to just spontaneously create a small army like that.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

So many monkey names

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Probably has something to do with the "Spear" they kept talking about.

I am the worst at following this manga, I have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about. My attention span is too short for once a month :(

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

RabidWeasel posted:

I am the worst at following this manga, I have no idea what the gently caress you're talking about. My attention span is too short for once a month :(

Yeah actually i'm confused to. Someone care to point me to the proper chapter? Aside from that I liked the chapter a lot. Monkey Trouble looks scary as all hell :stare:

Also this last chapter was the first one I read on crunchyroll and its ~~~beautiful~~~. Time to Cough Up Dollars.

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009
No coffee? What kind of horrible nightmare world have they been living in inside the walls?

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Tezcatlipoca posted:

No coffee? What kind of horrible nightmare world have they been living in inside the walls?

Death would be a blessing. :(

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

Tezcatlipoca posted:

Probably the source of the titans' power.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm super nervous over what's going to happen next chapter!

Who is going to live through Monkey Trouble?!

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Tezcatlipoca posted:

More important this means Reiner and Berthold come from a place where they do have coffee, so its probably also an advanced city/county with agriculture and industry. It also reminded me about that food can that Reiner (was it Reiner? I dont reall precisely who it was) could read

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Grape Ape is actually Howard Schultz :coffee:

Tezcatlipoca
Sep 18, 2009

Elias_Maluco posted:

More important this means Reiner and Berthold come from a place where they do have coffee, so its probably also an advanced city/county with agriculture and industry. It also reminded me about that food can that Reiner (was it Reiner? I dont reall precisely who it was) could read

Yeah it was Reiner and it was red herring iirc.

Pensive
Oct 31, 2012
Ymir was the one who read the labels. Reiner then points out that the labels are written in a foreign langage and asks how Ymir is able to read it. It's probably safe to say that he was lying about being unable to read them himself though.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

I really enjoy small details like that in this, because unlike Bleach, they actually go somewhere.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
MT's got moves in this chapter

Fhqwhgads
Jul 18, 2003

I AM THE ONLY ONE IN THIS GAME WHO GETS LAID
Fat bottomed titans, you make the rockin world go round

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Red Suit posted:

MT's got moves in this chapter

Needs the jacket.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

RabidWeasel posted:

In chapter 70, Marlo is excited and talking about how they're going to beat the titans and "The titans are like paper before the might of that spear." and in chapter 72 when everyone is freaking out about the meat one of the new recruits says to another "You're no good with the spear. It's not like you'll be doing anything."

So one of the new weapons they have is a "spear". It probably has something to do with the stabilizers on their arms. Eren even was talking about how they've been using his titan body to develop weapons.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Nelson Mandingo posted:

In chapter 70, Marlo is excited and talking about how they're going to beat the titans and "The titans are like paper before the might of that spear." and in chapter 72 when everyone is freaking out about the meat one of the new recruits says to another "You're no good with the spear. It's not like you'll be doing anything."

So one of the new weapons they have is a "spear". It probably has something to do with the stabilizers on their arms. Eren even was talking about how they've been using his titan body to develop weapons.

They probably found a way to fire gas-powered spears made from his titan flesh that can pierce their necks.

flowinprose
Sep 11, 2001

Where were you? .... when they built that ladder to heaven...

There Bias Two posted:

They probably found a way to fire gas-powered spears made from his titan flesh that can pierce their necks.

This makes a lot of sense, while Eren was practicing his hardening they probably realized that they could fashion weapons out of the material he creates. Perhaps he even purposefully used his hardening ability into some kind of molds that they built or something. Reiner is gonna get hosed up pretty bad if they have weapons capable of piercing his armor.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

flowinprose posted:

This makes a lot of sense, while Eren was practicing his hardening they probably realized that they could fashion weapons out of the material he creates. Perhaps he even purposefully used his hardening ability into some kind of molds that they built or something. Reiner is gonna get hosed up pretty bad if they have weapons capable of piercing his armor.

If Reiner doesn't have any new abilities and Eren can control his armor like Annie then he'll probably gently caress him up by himself. If his own armor lets him damage titan armor then Reiner is screwed. I imagine though the plan is to try to defeat Reiner and Berthold without using Eren, to save him for the Beast Titan.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Oct 10, 2015

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

It would be a neat change of pace if Eren finally stepped up and just absolutely laid out the beast Titan, instead of choking and getting hosed up.

Drythe
Aug 26, 2012

Eren stepped up last time he had to fight Reiner and figure out how to not get hosed on the fly. A 50 meter tall rear end in a top hat on fire dropping in isn't exactly fair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
I wonder if Monkey bro participates in other events in Track and Field. He's clearly aces at shotput.