Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Confirming I am a hero of the goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
cpig is gazlow

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
warrgh

derp
Jan 21, 2010

when i get up all i want to do is go to bed again

Lipstick Apathy
beer is actually good for you

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Dont let snyone tell you otherwise

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

what about other non-beer alcoholic substances tho

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
my role pm says I am the world of warcraft :getin:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
So, do we all run fast or is it just me?

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
Beer

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

my role pm says I am the world of warcraft :getin:

i think i got a PM for the wrong game, mine says i'm everquest :ohdear:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

CapitalistPig posted:

Confirming I am a hero of the goblins.

##vote Cpig serious vote for flavor reasons

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

should I just officially start the game even though someone hasn't received a PM?

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

##vote section 31 autobanning yourself is scummy af, get rekt

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

should I just officially start the game even though someone hasn't received a PM?

In this particular scenario, he had PMs but lost them, so there's not a whole lot you can do until he logs in.

If you want to replace him it's not a big deal, I think he'll understand.

But at this point everyone on this continent is going to bed, so you might as well wait anyway. You can always replace later if he doesn't contact you within 24 hours.

Start the game anyway though, yeah.

Conall
Oct 8, 2015
Well if you all are going to bed I'm gonna play GW2.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dawn breaks over the city of Dalaran, the purple spires creating an enchanted skyline. Despite the fact that the sun is only now rising, people are already awake and arguments and accusations have already flown forth. Who knows the identity of the traitors who lurk amongst you? Can you triumph when you don't even know who the enemy is?

Day 1 begins.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

CapitalistPig (1): Quidnose
Section 31 (1): Quidnose, Quidnose, Someone Awful!

Not Voting (14): BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, Conall, fiery_valkyrie, imgay, Kashuno, Magnus Gallant, MEDS CURE SCHIZOS, Poison Mushroom, Rarity, Section 31, TMMadman, Tommunist, uranus

With 16 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is October 12th, 2015 at noon EDT -- that's in about 3 days, 10 hours.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

wait what expansion pack are we on

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Someone Awful! posted:

wait what expansion pack are we on

pretty clearly WOTLK

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

pretty clearly WOTLK

good, i had the most fun in wotlk honestly. felt like the time when bliz finally figured out what the gently caress they were doing

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

Cata was the death of WoW's storyline IMO

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
anyone want to erp

Conall
Oct 8, 2015

Someone Awful! posted:

good, i had the most fun in wotlk honestly. felt like the time when bliz finally figured out what the gently caress they were doing

I can't wait for the Lich King to pop in every 5 minutes and not actually kill us.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

BottleKnight posted:

Cata was the death of WoW's storyline IMO

wotlk killed it and cata danced on its grave

otoh, gnome priests were pretty a+

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

Conall posted:

I can't wait for the Lich King to pop in every 5 minutes and not actually kill us.

Saturday Morning Lich King owned

ironically

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
humies were made for choppin

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
This is where we talk about the Old Republic right? Snipers are the best dps, gently caress guardians.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is where we talk about the Old Republic right? Snipers are the best dps, gently caress guardians.

TOR's multiplayer-mass-effect-dialog system in parties was enjoyable with friends

that is the only positive thing i have to say about TOR

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
You could be darth vader and luke

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Someone Awful! posted:

TOR's multiplayer-mass-effect-dialog system in parties was enjoyable with friends

that is the only positive thing i have to say about TOR

I am ashamed to admit that I have been subbed since launch.

Ok, not that ashamed.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

oh oh oh

i also liked that since I was a SITH INQUISITOR i could literally force lightning people in dialog-times almost always, that was good. very cartoon villain, p sure i was laughing at the writing in that game for all the wrong reasons

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

I like TOR, only played it when it was free though.

But it's well made and has good story arcs at points.

Some points are super repetitive but when they add content they're normally fairly diligent about it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Operative story was the best story, if you didn't play that you missed out on awesome bioware rpg story. Consular was awful. Like, chew your own leg off awful.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
best mmo is definiately archeage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZ1vIVCn1sE

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Operative story was the best story, if you didn't play that you missed out on awesome bioware rpg story. Consular was awful. Like, chew your own leg off awful.

My character in the beta was a consular and my first main when I finally did play was a consular. I am so sad at how true your post is.

If anything the story arcs in Dragon Age: Origins are similarly varied in quality, but at least those were only beginnings.

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

i REALLY wanted to like archeage

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

BottleKnight posted:

My character in the beta was a consular and my first main when I finally did play was a consular. I am so sad at how true your post is.

If anything the story arcs in Dragon Age: Origins are similarly varied in quality, but at least those were only beginnings.

DA:O is my favourite game of all time. I played that thing so many times and I would come into work every day and update my co-workers on my progress in romancing Alistair. It was particularly awkward the time I was sitting in my office shouting out to my team "Alistair and I finally kissed last night" and then my team member called Alistair walked past my office and gave me a weird look.

/nerd

derp
Jan 21, 2010

Lipstick Apathy
hello friends.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

didn't know jake used to LP

fiery_valkyrie posted:

DA:O is my favourite game of all time. I played that thing so many times and I would come into work every day and update my co-workers on my progress in romancing Alistair. It was particularly awkward the time I was sitting in my office shouting out to my team "Alistair and I finally kissed last night" and then my team member called Alistair walked past my office and gave me a weird look.

/nerd

bahahaha

I have never met an Alistair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

someone awful.
Sep 7, 2007

fiery_valkyrie posted:

/nerd

do you have any idea how mad i was that you couldnt gay romance alistair???????????????

a lot mad. that's how mad.

• Locked thread