Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goredema posted:

#133730 and #135515. Until now I've given no shits about Concierge, but the one time it might've been useful, their response has been to stall and ignore everything I send them. I'm assuming it's on purpose, since not even a lovely company can accidentally ignore something for this long.

As for :lesnick: ? Ben Lesnick is an awful human being. Here's just one example why: Ben went out of his way to protect and coddle dozens of homophobes, misogynists, and racists posting to CIG's forums because they were real gamers. When some of us made a big scandal out of it, his response was to grudgingly disallow bigotry on the forums, and then yell at goons for being assholes and ruining everything. He saw nothing wrong with this.

Don't pity him, because Ben Lesnick is not the little fat kid who gets picked on in school. Ben Lesnick is the little fat kid who makes "friends" with the bullies by helping them victimize the other little fat kids. He's a follower and a sycophant and on some level, he knows it, and ever day he tries to smother that grim knowledge with high-fructose corn syrup.

Is this part of the whole sexism debacle with Lauresh or some such? I faintly remember a big forum stink about it but wasn't sure if it was for real or just goons moral trolling.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Goredema posted:

#133730 and #135515. Until now I've given no shits about Concierge, but the one time it might've been useful, their response has been to stall and ignore everything I send them. I'm assuming it's on purpose, since not even a lovely company can accidentally ignore something for this long.

As for :lesnick: ? Ben Lesnick is an awful human being. Here's just one example why: Ben went out of his way to protect and coddle dozens of homophobes, misogynists, and racists posting to CIG's forums because they were real gamers. When some of us made a big scandal out of it, his response was to grudgingly disallow bigotry on the forums, and then yell at goons for being assholes and ruining everything. He saw nothing wrong with this.

Don't pity him, because Ben Lesnick is not the little fat kid who gets picked on in school. Ben Lesnick is the little fat kid who makes "friends" with the bullies by helping them victimize the other little fat kids. He's a follower and a sycophant and on some level, he knows it, and ever day he tries to smother that grim knowledge with high-fructose corn syrup.
God the CIG LGBT thread. :mad: x 1000

Kimsemus posted:

Is this part of the whole sexism debacle with Lauresh or some such? I faintly remember a big forum stink about it but wasn't sure if it was for real or just goons moral trolling.
I have no idea about Lauresh but my friend, myself and my other female friends? All chased the gently caress out of this project. It's real bad.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Does this thing have a chance of going class-action? I only bought in for the cheapest ship package so only have $30-$40 in it and I wouldn't mind getting my money back but it's a small enough amount that I have no problem leaving it in if I can get more from a lawsuit.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Kimsemus posted:

Yeah I vaguely recall seeing that and dismissing it as trolling. Surprised to hear it wasn't.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
With goons it is both for real and moral trolling

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Goredema posted:

I haven't followed this game too closely so correct me if I'm wrong, but awhile ago I think I read about someone who tried to make a star citizen group for women on the forums and he shut it down and ended up causing a ton of drama over it, because she was accused of trolling just because she was a goon. Was that him or am I thinking of something else? And who the hell paid to create this? :lesnick:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I haven't followed this game too closely so correct me if I'm wrong, but awhile ago I think I read about someone who tried to make a star citizen group for women on the forums and he shut it down and ended up causing a ton of drama over it, because she was accused of trolling just because she was a goon. Was that him or am I thinking of something else? And who the hell paid to create this? :lesnick:
The "Women of Star Citizen" thread has been closed at least five times. At least.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Goons... Brothers.. Lend me your shitposts!

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/288307/free-beer4thebeergod

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

if this is Beer's first perma banned then it will still have a lifeline, that is if Beer still wants to be there but I am sure they will say to stop posting against them which I think will not happen lol

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

The unfunny thing is if you could only contain your autistic trolling long enough to make one serious post, it might gain traction. I doubt that most of the people that interacted with beer on the RSI forums wanted him banned, but you're just ripping the rug out on the issue.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

lol if you think this is good

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Kimsemus posted:

It was about 6 months or so before the Lauresh situation. Basically, there was almost no limit to how bigoted you could be on the CIG forums, and it culminated in a single thread started by a guy trying to organize an LGBT clan for Star Citizen. Another guy made it his mission in life to post in the LGBT thread about how gay people were disgusting, how they were constantly "throwing it in people's faces", etc. He was relentless. For a week or so, his posts alone comprised 50% of all posts in the thread.

The moderators' response was to continually "warn" him to behave. They ended up "warning" him over a dozen times, but never banned him for a single day. Multiple people appealed to :lesnick:, who studiously ignored the whole thing. Finally it became so egregious that some of us started proclaiming that Star Citizen was a "no gays allowed" MMO. It finally blew up to the point that other CIG staff heard about it and yelled at Ben for making the whole company look bad. He finally had the moderators crack down, only after angrily making it clear to us that we were equally at fault for the crime of complaining about it in the first place.

So please don't buy Ben's "friendly teddy bear" bullshit. He's a bad person and a bad community manager. As a game designer, everything he's touched at CIG has become worse and less coherent. His continued employment is the surest sign that CIG is a failing company. At least a $20,000 coffee machine produces something. Ben Lesnick is a $20,000 coffee machine that only dispenses smug, diabetic poo poo.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
kimsemus if you don't stop abusing the word autistic somehow beyond the level is it already abused it's not going to reflect favorably on you in space court

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Goredema posted:

It was about 6 months or so before the Lauresh situation. Basically, there was almost no limit to how bigoted you could be on the CIG forums, and it culminated in a single thread started by a guy trying to organize an LGBT clan for Star Citizen. Another guy made it his mission in life to post in the LGBT thread about how gay people were disgusting, how they were constantly "throwing it in people's faces", etc. He was relentless. For a week or so, his posts alone comprised 50% of all posts in the thread.

The moderators' response was to continually "warn" him to behave. They ended up "warning" him over a dozen times, but never banned him for a single day. Multiple people appealed to :lesnick:, who studiously ignored the whole thing. Finally it became so egregious that some of us started proclaiming that Star Citizen was a "no gays allowed" MMO. It finally blew up to the point that other CIG staff heard about it and yelled at Ben for making the whole company look bad. He finally had the moderators crack down, only after angrily making it clear to us that we were equally at fault for the crime of complaining about it in the first place.

So please don't buy Ben's "friendly teddy bear" bullshit. He's a bad person and a bad community manager. As a game designer, everything he's touched at CIG has become worse and less coherent. His continued employment is the surest sign that CIG is a failing company. At least a $20,000 coffee machine produces something. Ben Lesnick is a $20,000 coffee machine that only dispenses smug, diabetic poo poo.

:holymoley:

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Goredema posted:

Ben Lesnick is a $20,000 coffee machine that only dispenses smug, diabetic poo poo.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

jabro posted:

Does this thing have a chance of going class-action? I only bought in for the cheapest ship package so only have $30-$40 in it and I wouldn't mind getting my money back but it's a small enough amount that I have no problem leaving it in if I can get more from a lawsuit.

Can't get blood from a stone. If it goes that far you'll be fighting over used coffee grounds for your refund.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Can somebody play devil's advocate for a minute here and try to explain why exactly so many people think the escapist's article is terrible journalism/poorly supported/written for ulterior motives or whatever. I see them getting attacked almost everywhere for this as if they have some kind of shady poo poo going on but I don't really see why. There is almost no way that writing that article would make them more popular in any way, it might get more views but it was sure was gently caress going to make people furious from the getgo. And the journalist went ahead with it anyway and now the company is standing by her, at their own risk. It had almost no chance to work out for them and I'm sure they knew it, so I don't get the attack that they're being predatory to get more popularity or whatever.

I'm still amazed at how many people are furiously clinging onto this sinking ship and then get absolutely livid whenever anyone suggests they should maybe get on a lifeboat. People loving hate the escapist for writing that thing, and not just the rabid shitizens in the comments but also other websites. I don't get it. Escapist were the first to actually compile enough sources to officially point out a problem that's been festering for a long time, but that doesn't make them some kind of evil destabilizing force planted by derek smart to destroy everyone's childhood space game dreams. They paint anyone who doesn't support every terrible thing CIG does with oral sex as some kind of villain who hates fun and just wants the good guys to lose.

When the truth is they're just being scammed, but they're pushing away everyone who tries to suggest that they're in trouble.

Raskolnikov posted:

The "Women of Star Citizen" thread has been closed at least five times. At least.

Ok so yeah he is just as scummy as his pile of rabid followers.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Goredema posted:

Now that you mention this, I remember that thread. I also remember Ben doing nothing and that was the first time I had ever heard of whom he was, and even then, thinking he was a massive shitter for allowing that caustic behavior to continue.

I don't feel bad for :lesnick:, he's your typical socially maladjusted fanboy. Poor social skills, terrible conflict management ability, and doubles down whenever a mistake is made instead of owning it. Awful choice for community manager. If he worked anywhere else he would have been fired a long time ago.

Tarranon posted:

kimsemus if you don't stop abusing the word autistic somehow beyond the level is it already abused it's not going to reflect favorably on you in space court

Beer is banned, the dream is over for goons.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Kimsemus posted:

Now that you mention this, I remember that thread. I also remember Ben doing nothing and that was the first time I had ever heard of whom he was, and even then, thinking he was a massive shitter for allowing that caustic behavior to continue.

I don't feel bad for :lesnick:, he's your typical socially maladjusted fanboy. Poor social skills, terrible conflict management ability, and doubles down whenever a mistake is made instead of owning it. Awful choice for community manager. If he worked anywhere else he would have been fired a long time ago.

He's fat too, which automatically makes him insufferable.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Thanks Ben

brakanjan
May 26, 2014

Wow. That was closed quick. I need a better phone if I am going to keep up.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Romes128 posted:

He's fat too, which automatically makes him insufferable.

That's not fat. That's morbidly obese.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

brakanjan posted:

Wow. That was closed quick. I need a better phone if I am going to keep up.

It got 45 posts before it got closed. I would say I got my intended effect.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

jaegerx posted:

That's not fat. That's morbidly obese.

You'd think with all that cig dick riding he does he'd burn some calories.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Wise Learned Man posted:

I feel a little bad for Ben (even though he's kind of a turd), if only because of how he feels about Chris Roberts. Ben literally credits Roberts with restoring his sight. When Ben was in high school, he went blind. His doctors said he would never regain his vision, but young Ben was such a huge fan of Wing Commander that his ardent desire to read one of the Wing Commander books is what he credits with restoring his sight (partially; he's still blind in his left eye IIRC). Chris Roberts is practically a divine figure to Ben. And after literally decades of being Roberts' #1 sycophant on the internet, Ben landed his dream job--a chance to bask in his hero's presence while working toward the glorious revival of his favorite franchise. The reality of the situation has to be crushing.

Yeah, it's hard for me to hate him even if he is ~PROBLEMATIC~ on the forums just because, when you get to the core of the matter, he just seems like a dude who is in way over his head working for people that may not be as good of managers/producers as everyone thinks. He managed a fansite over the years, so what, that doesn't make him qualified to be PR for a major game company. Good on the guy for landing what has to be a dream job for him, but if I were to be shot into space tomorrow, I probably wouldn't be a very qualified astronaut. Combined with the whole blind thing and the fact that he most assuredly isn't happy with his weight just seems like kicking a dude while he's down.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That was my second strike. I believe the first was for 24 hours, which I also believe is unusual.

I got permabanned 2 times. In both cases, no warning, and no reason "officially" given and they didnt point to a post and I wasnt informed.

1st time they unbanned me the moderator didnt write down why so CS lifted it. Second time, as you all know, Ben claimed it was a misunderstanding only days after the ban when he researched the possible offending post which no mod had made a note of.... they lifted that ban too. Now, im unbanned, I dont post there anymore.

They dont want anyone who has even a remote amount of criticism on their forums. Its lovely forum policing that doesnt follow even their own guidelines, but its their forum.

Starkk
Dec 31, 2008

Skoll posted:

It got 45 posts before it got closed. I would say I got my intended effect.

It got nuked so hard.

brakanjan
May 26, 2014
What is the actual legitimate reason for the ban. According to their official terms

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Kimsemus posted:

There was that, and the LGBTQ thread constantly getting harassed by a bunch of homophobes and bigots that would go ignored by CIG but they'd ban Goons for telling those people to gently caress off in the same thread.

Raskolnikov posted:

God the CIG LGBT thread. :mad: x 1000
I have no idea about Lauresh but my friend, myself and my other female friends? All chased the gently caress out of this project. It's real bad.

Info on the Lauresh poo poo, I think there was other stuff that happened afterwards but Ben's actions basically made me figure my money was not going to the right people so I got a refund shortly after.

https://www.themittani.com/news/sc-user-banned-over-proposing-female-social-group

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Starkk posted:

It got nuked so hard.

to quote a shitlord tryhard poster here, lol if you think it was good

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Skoll posted:

to quote a shitlord tryhard poster here, lol if you think it was good
Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

de_dust
Jan 21, 2009

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
i want to bang the gently caress out of ben's titties and then shoot my fetid load into his pube beard.

thanks for reading

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I genuinely feel sorry for him. He has seen his hero, a man whose works Ben has committed a significant portion of his life to, ruin a dream through incompetence. His boss is, by all accounts, an utterly terrible person who constantly abuses her position and staff. His wife is stuck in the same place so quitting would sever all of their income, and there is no evidence anything will get better.

I'm trying to feel sorry for him, I really am. Because I know that deep down he's not malicious for the sake of it (like sayyy Niko Snow), but because he's still a manchild that, sadly, got told that his worst tendencies are absolutely fine and should be encouraged. And I have no doubt that it would be easier to feel sorry for him, had I met him in person like you did, Beer.

But at some point you have to think back on the fact that this guy doesn't give a poo poo about a wide array of abuses, like nixing the first LGBT thread because GOONS, having the second one succeed not because of him, but due to Toast finally stepping up. That he's willing to go out of his way to protect a fellow high-backer fanboy piece of scum, like Wulf, while threatening litigation at people he hurts. That, while he doesn't intend to be, he couldn't be more arbitrary if he legitimately tried to...and all I can think of is, if he's ever to stop being a manchild it's about time you stopped 'being nice' to him and started treating him like a responsible adult, for his own eventual good.

No matter how much that might make him cry like a little bitch until he finally snaps out of this madness.

Goredema posted:

:whistles innocently while looking at shankerz: :D

For my money, tho, none of the moderators really wanted to step up and do their jobs in that shitshow and it wasn't until Toast made a very public post in that thread, that said: "So what if they want to have this thread for themselves? Leave 'em the gently caress alone!" and that finally stopped everything. If Ben-o went berserk at you guys after it, precisely due to this, tho I wouldn't know lol.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 07:31 on Oct 9, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

de_dust posted:

i want to bang the gently caress out of ben's titties and then shoot my fetid load into his pube beard.

thanks for reading

Uhhh helllllllll

Yeahhhhh

Full Metal Boxers
Feb 20, 2007

COME LITTLE BITCOIN.... COME MY WAY.....IN THE MID NIGHT HOUR... I YELL NO NO NO... WITH A REBEL YELL I YELL MORE MORE MORE.... BIT COIN... I WANT TO FUCK YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It does hurt. I took it very hard when they fired James, and frankly I allowed myself to care about this too much. Star Citizen is not my life. I have a great job that's fulfilling and interesting, I love my family, and I have numerous other interests and hobbies. But SC was special. It was unique and exciting, and it was cool to see things grow and learn about development. I feel like part of that is gone now.

:smith: I had to tab out of Awful. and go watch some zefrank videos on YouTube to cheer myself up after reading this.

:glomp: Beer

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
He really nailed it

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
To summarize the "female game group" debacle, this was CIG's rationale behind the ban

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/comment/2421310/#Comment_2421310

quote:

Ben Lesnick, Cloud Imperium Games' Community Manager, issued an update regarding the incident. Firstly he iterated that as a company CIG are not looking to prevent women from enjoying Star Citizen. Their goal is to provide a game that crosses traditional boundaries and be as inclusive as possible. He then pointed out that Lauresh, and the subsquent users who were banned, were all members of FLJK Goonrathi. This, is one of the groups that hail from SomethingAwful.com, and due to Lauresh being a member of FLJK, the moderator in question assumed simply that the thread was a troll and subsequently banned her. Lesnick also stated that he felt that FLJK members took the opportunity to troll the forums due to the incident.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

de_dust posted:

thanks for reading

Why is it fetid?

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Gestalt Intellect posted:

Can somebody play devil's advocate for a minute here and try to explain why exactly so many people think the escapist's article is terrible journalism/poorly supported/written for ulterior motives or whatever. I see them getting attacked almost everywhere for this as if they have some kind of shady poo poo going on but I don't really see why. There is almost no way that writing that article would make them more popular in any way, it might get more views but it was sure was gently caress going to make people furious from the getgo. And the journalist went ahead with it anyway and now the company is standing by her, at their own risk. It had almost no chance to work out for them and I'm sure they knew it, so I don't get the attack that they're being predatory to get more popularity or whatever.

I'm still amazed at how many people are furiously clinging onto this sinking ship and then get absolutely livid whenever anyone suggests they should maybe get on a lifeboat. People loving hate the escapist for writing that thing, and not just the rabid shitizens in the comments but also other websites. I don't get it. Escapist were the first to actually compile enough sources to officially point out a problem that's been festering for a long time, but that doesn't make them some kind of evil destabilizing force planted by derek smart to destroy everyone's childhood space game dreams. They paint anyone who doesn't support every terrible thing CIG does with oral sex as some kind of villain who hates fun and just wants the good guys to lose.

When the truth is they're just being scammed, but they're pushing away everyone who tries to suggest that they're in trouble.

Ok so yeah he is just as scummy as his pile of rabid followers.

My thought is its the claims of illegal activity without hard evidence. Ignore those and the claims of a hostile, toxic and wasteful workplace are damning enough and seem more credible.

These people see it as a personal attack on them, they've invested their money and emotion in the fantasy. Reality is to painful to accept and anger keeps it away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Zeike posted:

Sorry guys, I’m tired of this. It’s not fun for anyone but your group and it’s tedious for anyone else posting to the forums. The level of toxicity the users posting to this thread adds to the forums is not acceptable.
I am absolutely bored with the insane levels of smug pretense happening here. It’s not fooling anyone (other than regular users already keyed up about ‘Goons’ playing the same game as they are, and you sure showed them! Take that, pubbies!) and it’s just so uninteresting. “We’re just standing up for the little guy! Help we’re being oppressed! Etc.!” I have some good news for you: you’re a regular forum user and you don’t need to stand up for anybody. You don’t run the place. That’s the moderation staff’s job, and if they suck at it then I will fire them.

They don’t suck at it right now, though. Your constant baiting isn’t changing my mind about that, it’s making me feel sorry for the group of people I put in the position of having to deal with you. It’s really, really obvious what’s happening, and no number of lengthy PMs about your views on how moderation is supposed to work are going to change that. The level of disrespect here is outrageous; absolutely no one believes you’re really here with obnoxious rule-skating signatures and stupid parody account avatars because you’re incredibly concerned with how a particular forum’s moderation works.

But if that is a genuine worry: if Toast bans someone for being a Goon instead of for being an rear end in a top hat, let me know (via PM, not endless toxic thread) and I will fire Toast. Until that happens, this is just tiresome and makes the forums look bad to everyone. (And this is just a gut feeling, but maybe the moderator bias that you all claim to be so worried about above anything else in the universe would be more obvious to me if absolutely anyone other than the people posting to this thread were contacting me about it?)

I will say that this is in no way a condemnation of all “Goons.” In following the Star Citizen threads at SA, it’s clear there are lots of Something Awful users who are interested in/excited about Star Citizen. You aren’t being haunted by some EVE reputation that you pretend to know nothing about… you’re giving the group a bad name right here (literally, in the name of your thread.) But of course you know that. SA is full of entirely reasonable people (myself included) who do all kinds of interesting things. Endless forum “shitposting” and trying to get moderators/staff fired isn’t one of those interesting things.

Thread closed.

quote:

Ben Lesnick, Cloud Imperium Games' Community Manager, issued an update regarding the incident. Firstly he iterated that as a company CIG are not looking to prevent women from enjoying Star Citizen. Their goal is to provide a game that crosses traditional boundaries and be as inclusive as possible. He then pointed out that Lauresh, and the subsquent users who were banned, were all members of FLJK Goonrathi. This, is one of the groups that hail from SomethingAwful.com, and due to Lauresh being a member of FLJK, the moderator in question assumed simply that the thread was a troll and subsequently banned her. Lesnick also stated that he felt that FLJK members took the opportunity to troll the forums due to the incident.

Classic :lesnick:

Seriously though Ben, you're terrible.

• Locked thread