Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Yadoppsi
May 10, 2009
Saw this thread pop up yesterday and I read the comic all the way through the night. Its is quite amazing. But now I have to wait for it to update week by week :qq:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

Yadoppsi posted:

Saw this thread pop up yesterday and I read the comic all the way through the night. Its is quite amazing. But now I have to wait for it to update week by week :qq:

Oh boo hoo, at least he is updating twice a week now instead of "whenever i can"

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

what the hell is that creepy cartoon thing in your avatar?
Would it be alright to post the K6BD RPG playtest booklet here?

I got it off of a /tg/ thread that Abbadon was posting in, so I imagine he's cool with it leaking outside of his patreon.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
He explicitly said it's fine to share. Go for it.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Yay it updated. and Zoss is still boss as gently caress looking regardless of what he's doing.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo, zoss

guy did not respond well to finding out god was dead, huh

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
well, yisun was kind of a dick anyway

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Everytime i look at juggernaut star i just keep waiting for him to shout KNIFE EYE ATTACK

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
so its interesting that the master angel guy, 2 michael, commented that white chain's human appearance was a sign of corruption by attachment to the world, but 1 metatron looks really really really human compared to all the other prime angels

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

paranoid randroid posted:

so its interesting that the master angel guy, 2 michael, commented that white chain's human appearance was a sign of corruption by attachment to the world, but 1 metatron looks really really really human compared to all the other prime angels

there's a lot of house to clear in this comic

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
as long as preem nand gets comprehensively owned at some point, im down for whatever

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Woah, so she doesn't have Earth's key, she has the loving skeleton key.

This is way more disruptive than we thought.

Also, so he massacred the prime angels in the void after he broke their bodies? Does that mean they're dead-dead? What about 2-Michael, wasn't he a prime? Was he the only survivor?

...was he a coward? Did he run?

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Oct 10, 2015

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

MikeJF posted:

Woah, so she doesn't have Earth's key, she has the loving skeleton key.

I guess you could say that Allison has "all YISUN"

MikeJF posted:

...was he a coward? Did he run?

Well, he's not 1 Michael, so if he did he did a bad job at it.

The Lord of Hats posted:

He explicitly said it's fine to share. Go for it.

Kill Six Billion Demons RPG v1.1

"The Boss" playsheet posted:

Devil - Take +1 to enforce will rolls, but only if you loudly and colorfully berate your gang
about it first. If it’s not colorful enough, you shouldn’t get the bonus, and should probably
be ashamed of yourself.

Cryophage fucked around with this message at 06:24 on Oct 10, 2015

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

I love how everyone is assuming that she's not the actual heir. Oh, it's obviously her boyfriend, right?

Also, the RPG needs better stat names for the first few. "Strength" and "Skill" are lame, but "Wrath" and "Art" are cool.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
I've been enjoying this comic, but... what does "demon" actually mean in this context?

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

I've been enjoying this comic, but... what does "demon" actually mean in this context?

Demons are beings born of the Hot Black Flame, one of the four pieces of God. They are typically violent and destructive and crave conflict. Mortals summon them into existence by giving them masks and many names, which define them and limit them. As they make deals and grow in power, they gain finer masks and fewer names, which make them stronger and less limited, though they tend to change drastically over their existences. Ebon devils, the rarest and most powerful, have only one name.

e: Oh wait, that's devils. Probably the same.

wiegieman fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 10, 2015

TGG
Aug 8, 2003

"I Dare."
As far as the main characters roles I kinda figured like both of them were the Heir, like she is the Heir "Accepting" while his is the Heir "Dismissive", Her soul form is shown as dark/black which is similar to the feminine aspect of YISUN in being colored darkly. Her "boyfriend"'s soul form is as yet unseen but I assume it is light/white. The feminine or dark soul seems to represent existence while the white or masculine soul represents a non-existence or similar paired concepts. I would honestly love if the ultimate plot was a rejection of dualism followed by an acceptance of some sort of seven-fold path state of universal being.

I also love anything that seems to be Elder Scrolls esque CHIM philosophy.

REACH HEAVEN THROUGH VIOLENCE
5 6 7 8

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 14:10 on Sep 30, 2018

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
Reach Heaven Through Violence seems to have originated in the sword manual of the person who said before mastering the sword you should first master sweeping, drawing water, writing, making paper, POETRY writing, house building and then after you've built a house give the gently caress up on mastering the sword because swords are dumb and only used by dumb people. So, I'd personally hesitate before assuming it's good and literal advice that's the key to the entire comic.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

reignonyourparade posted:

Reach Heaven Through Violence seems to have originated in the sword manual of the person who said before mastering the sword you should first master sweeping, drawing water, writing, making paper, POETRY writing, house building and then after you've built a house give the gently caress up on mastering the sword because swords are dumb and only used by dumb people. So, I'd personally hesitate before assuming it's good and literal advice that's the key to the entire comic.

No, it's the core tenet ofYISUN's teachings and its use by Meti was sincere. Remember that the most exalted of YISUN's saints was an aggressive, ignorant, unsightly woman who defeated philosophers and kings by refusing to comprehend them and just smashing through all obstacles. Remind you of anyone?

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

Oxxidation posted:

No, it's the core tenet ofYISUN's teachings and its use by Meti was sincere. Remember that the most exalted of YISUN's saints was an aggressive, ignorant, unsightly woman who defeated philosophers and kings by refusing to comprehend them and just smashing through all obstacles. Remind you of anyone?
Made humans, too! "But it is certainly known that the children of Aesma’s Mistake would go on to be powerful indeed, and exceptionally foolish. It was their race, after all, that tamed that Hot, Black Flame, and in doing so, brought the first of our kin into the world."

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Hail Pree Aesma, Mother of Men, Furious Dipshit.

Cryophage
Jan 14, 2012

TGG posted:

Her "boyfriend"'s soul form is as yet unseen but I assume it is light/white.

It's probably black like hers unless he was secretly a Servant this whole time; all of humanity was crafted from the Warm Black Flame and casts a black shade.

reignonyourparade posted:

She also says that there is no such thing as a sword, so a literal reading might be counterproductive.

I think the purpose of that passage is that adherents to the sword are idiots.
That Meti is advising becoming an adherent of the act of cutting, independent of the means.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Phy posted:

Hail Pree Aesma, Mother of Men, Furious Dipshit.

Hail Pree Ashma, Mother of Anime (protagonists)

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
So what's that alt-text supposed to mean? That 6 Juggernaut Star actually wants to get rid of all the Demiurges and install a new King? If I'm interpreting things right, the Breaker of Divinities is Zoss and it seems like 6 Juggernaut Star was the one to have struck the finishing blow as the Thorn Knight who lopped his head off looks like 6 in armor.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the demiurges reached heaven and then destroyed it through violence

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Metatron.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

SunAndSpring posted:

So what's that alt-text supposed to mean? That 6 Juggernaut Star actually wants to get rid of all the Demiurges and install a new King? If I'm interpreting things right, the Breaker of Divinities is Zoss and it seems like 6 Juggernaut Star was the one to have struck the finishing blow as the Thorn Knight who lopped his head off looks like 6 in armor.

No, Zoss killed the gods, and became Royalty himself.

SexyBlindfold
Apr 24, 2008
i dont care how much probation i get capital letters are for squares hehe im so laid back an nice please read my low effort shitposts about the arab spring

thanxs!!!
Aw man, I really wanted this thread's title to be "Terrible violence will surely be unleashed". Oh well!

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

SexyBlindfold posted:

Aw man, I really wanted this thread's title to be "Terrible violence will surely be unleashed". Oh well!

I am sorry but you would not know violence even if it was beating the living hell out of you, you little poo poo.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

wiegieman posted:

No, Zoss killed the gods, and became Royalty himself.

It specifically says the "slayer of the Breaker of Divinities" is a Royalist, not the Breaker of Divinities himself.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Oh, I thought it was Slayer and the Breaker of Divinities.

Pinch Me Im Meming
Jun 26, 2005
Website has gone bad.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!
This is one of my favorite moments so far:

Just the idea that this one woman is so loving terrifying that even amidst the insanity of a massive battle not a single person came within 5 feet of her while she just sat there eating noodles.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Mentalizer posted:

Just the idea that this one woman is so loving terrifying that even amidst the insanity of a massive battle not a single person came within 5 feet of her while she just sat there eating noodles.

Oh, they tried. They just didn't make it any further. See how all those gashes in the floor radiate from where she was sitting?

Beware the swordsman who carries no blade.

UnbearablyBlight
Nov 4, 2009

hello i am your heart how nice to meet you

The Mentalizer posted:

Look at the sword marks on the ground. They tried to come near, they just didn't get very far.

E: ^^ :argh:

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Esme posted:

Look at the sword marks on the ground. They tried to come near, they just didn't get very far.

E: ^^ :argh:

Your tongue is sluggish and pale. You refuse to exhale the hot breath of the Flame Immortal.

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Oxxidation posted:

Beware the swordsman who carries no blade.

poo poo, I totally forgot about that line. It did occur to me that she had fought everyone off but since she appeared unarmed I went with my first thought. Either way, it's still badass as all hell.

E: also, I don't think I've seen it mentioned yet but I'm pretty sure I've seen Abbadon post here (although I can't remember his user name), so K6BD can be added to the list of goon created webcomics as well.

the future is WOW fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 12, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
knights mendicant are broadly similar to the old cliche of the itinerant beggar-monk, so of course its not advisable to gently caress with them.

e. also, her full name is something like Maya Kill the Gods and Topple Their Thrones.

e2. of course, Allison now has the surname Kill Six Billion Demons bestowed on her by Zoss, so maybe theyre not all that important

paranoid randroid fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Oct 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻
What kind of devils are Sweetie Pie and Honey bunch? Their masks are pale and red, but they don't have the vaguely insectoid or hairy and brutish bodies they're respectively supposed to have.