Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Aaaand mclaran's breakdown record is safe for another day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

quote:

F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone, meanwhile, has confirmed "everything is being sorted" as he plays his part in ensuring the grid does not fall to nine teams and 18 cars next season.

...it wouldn't, even with RBR leaving, not with HAAS coming onboard? or did I miss something? or are autosport just retarded Never mind, think I just answered my own question.

Can't summon any amount of excitement for watching quali/race coverage for this one, I'm finally going to break free of the burden of this sport. I'm going to check the results out online Sunday evening and spend the time not watching the coverage doing something far more enlightening, like sticking forks in plug sockets or clawing my eyeballs out with toothpicks.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

enri posted:

...it wouldn't, even with RBR leaving, not with HAAS coming onboard? or did I miss something?

They wouldn't keep Toro Rosso either

enri
Dec 16, 2003

Hope you're having an amazing day

NtotheTC posted:

They wouldn't keep Toro Rosso either

Ahhhh of course... the ever forgettable toro rosso

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008

enri posted:

Ahhhh of course... the ever forgettable toro rosso

Uh, the Toro Rosso cars have actually been interesting to watch this year, far more than the actual RBR team itself. But judging from your previous post, see ya!

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

HJB posted:

Listening to the BBC's feed, the commentator just compared Alonso to Mansell. No, really.

E: They also said how if Alonso had picked up eight more points at various times in his career he'd be a five-time WDC.

This is unfair to Fernando.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Maybe this race will be interesting.

CratSock
Aug 5, 2004

Sock Wielding Assassin

It's a shame VW got caught scamming diesel efficiency or whatever they did wrong right now. The only clear match for the Red Bull and Torro Rosso is the mighty charging bull! ...wait, prancing bull? raging bull? Whatever they call it, it's a bull in some state of motion, and it should provide the biggest fraud team and their farm team with engines.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Human Grand Prix posted:

Maybe this race will be interesting.

God dammit. You made me spit coffee out of my nose laughing.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

CratSock posted:

It's a shame VW got caught scamming diesel efficiency or whatever they did wrong right now. The only clear match for the Red Bull and Torro Rosso is the mighty charging bull! ...wait, prancing bull? raging bull? Whatever they call it, it's a bull in some state of motion, and it should provide the biggest fraud team and their farm team with engines.

RIP.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!

CratSock posted:

It looks like the bull is in the process of tripping and falling over. (Then bursting into flame)

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

MattD1zzl3 posted:

It looks like the bull is in the process of tripping and falling over. (Then bursting into flame)

It encompasses Lambo perfectly

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

Red Bull Lamborghini would produce some great brand synergy.

Lambo can live up to their proud history of producing terrible F1 engines and Red Bull can live up to their proud history of complaining about their engine partner.

Fo3
Feb 14, 2004

RAAAAARGH!!!! GIFT CARDS ARE FUCKING RETARDED!!!!

(I need a hug)

1500quidporsche posted:

Red Bull Lamborghini would produce some great brand synergy.

Lambo can live up to their proud history of producing terrible F1 engines and Red Bull can live up to their proud history of complaining about their engine partner.

Yeah but VW owns lamborghini.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

goddamn that's a good looking car...

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

NtotheTC posted:

goddamn that's a good looking car...

I second this motion.

MattD1zzl3
Oct 26, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 4 years!
Just wait until we are nostalgic for this era of F1 cars. Closed cockpits and 18 inch wheels are going to be a disaster.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
Is it naive of me to assume that Bernie will throw his weight around and magically RBR will have an engine for 2016?

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

dreesemonkey posted:

Is it naive of me to assume that Bernie will throw his weight around and magically RBR will have an engine for 2016?

It would be naive of you to think anything but that will happen.

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
Odd how the moment Bernie needs to show how invaluable he is to the sport to potential new buyers an enormous crisis that only he can solve comes along.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

MattD1zzl3 posted:

Just wait until we are nostalgic for this era of F1 cars. Closed cockpits and 18 inch wheels are going to be a disaster.

These cars look better than the 2011-2013 cars.

Sneaks McDevious
Jul 29, 2010

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
VW wouldn't announce participation mere months before they would be expected to have an engine, irrespective of all the 'secret planning' they may or may not have done.

Rhopunzel
Jan 6, 2006

Stroll together, win together

julian assflange posted:

VW wouldn't announce participation mere months before they would be expected to have an engine, irrespective of all the 'secret planning' they may or may not have done.

The plan was to buy out RB and use Ferrari engines while they developed their own engine, which would have been ready by 2018.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.
gordon murray is 92 now

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

My god, this guy is just so socially autistic he just looks awkward no matter what he does. Maybe having his childhood moulded by his father and Ron seriously stumped his mental development, kind of like Michael Jackson.
I don't think Ive ever seen a more awkward picture of him.. no wait....

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
I don't think he looks any more ridiculous than anyone else does when riding a segway in that pic. The second one is atrocious.

F1DriverQuidenBerg
Jan 19, 2014

So much racism in this chat. I'm suprised nobody has told him to pull up his pants yet.

Roller Coast Guard
Aug 27, 2006

With this magnificent aircraft,
and my magnificent facial hair,
the British Empire will never fall!

Fumble posted:

Team Horner Cosworth.

Team Horny Honda

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?
So he does know what a tie is

Myrddin_Emrys
Mar 27, 2007

by Hand Knit

Tsaedje posted:

I don't think he looks any more ridiculous than anyone else does when riding a segway in that pic. The second one is atrocious.

But he is sol cool, he has to ride his Segway with one hand in his pocket, making it more ridiculous than other people riding one.

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE

Myrddin_Emrys posted:

But he is sol cool, he has to ride his Segway with one hand in his pocket, making it more ridiculous than other people riding one.

Or he's driving through a Moscow park in October and his hands are cold so he put one in a pocket to warm it up for a bit

There's plenty of things to take this piss out of Lewis for, that photo is pretty ordinary

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
To be honest it's more the deeply unimpressed woman who looks like she's segwaying off in a huff after an argument he has just lost while he tries to look all casual like, that makes him look silly.

RALF
Mar 15, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I admire that Lewis is living life the way he wants to. I would respect him less if he just tried to be the next James Hunt, Damon Hill or whoever else British retards think is cool.

Brainwrong
Mar 20, 2004

RIP Bobby K
Poland's Rose. Like a cabbage in the wind.

RALF posted:

Damon Hill or whoever else British retards think is cool.

You filthy Swiss pig. Damon Hill was never cool.

Will Stevens on the other hand....

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

RALF posted:

I admire that Lewis is living life the way he wants to.

This.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
You guys should follow Lewis on Snapchat. It's the most personality I've ever seen from him.

GramCracker
Oct 8, 2005

beauty by stroll

keevo posted:

You guys should follow Lewis on Snapchat. It's the most personality I've ever seen from him.

It's not run by some PR machine and it's actually him?

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
It's been all him so far.

GentlemanofLeisure
Aug 27, 2008
He shows off his shoes

"hey guys have you seen my shoes? they're really light, they've got carbon fiber"

And no, its not run by a PR guy as snapchat kind of requires active use by the person posting the content (at least for videos).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

learnincurve
May 15, 2014

Smoosh
I am unhappy with the direction this thread is taking.

Meanwhile, Bernie is back in true power. http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/ecclestone-reappointed-as-director-of-f1-companies/?v=2&s=1

• Locked thread