Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Friends Are Evil
Oct 25, 2010

cats cats cats

In the first 5 percent of Ghost listeners. Not sure if that's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Only two - Ghost and Sturgill Simpson.

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies
MO, Odesza, Chet Faker, Aloe Blacc, Banks, and Galantis.

Don't remember Galantis. Still waiting for a bunch of others to make it big. Until the Ribbon Breaks, and Crooked Colours aren't big yet I guess.

endlosnull
Dec 29, 2006

I got ODESZA, CHVRCHES, G-Eazy, SOHN, Sylvan Esso, and RAC.

A lot of those are from music festivals and SA so kudos. What's their threshold for "made it big"?

down1nit
Jan 10, 2004

outlive your enemies

endlosnull posted:

I got ODESZA, CHVRCHES, G-Eazy, SOHN, Sylvan Esso, and RAC.

A lot of those are from music festivals and SA so kudos. What's their threshold for "made it big"?

I should have gotten sohn too. Maybe not. Either way great debut.

It's likely a public facing listeners or plays number. A threshold that is compared to a known listened to date.

resident
Dec 22, 2005

WE WERE ALL UP IN THAT SHIT LIKE A MUTHAFUCKA. IT'S CLEANER THAN A BROKE DICK DOG.

All about that Odesza, Major Lazer, and Chvrches found them first :bandwagon:

Also got Robert DeLong, Action Bronson, Charli XCX, and... Vance Joy :psyduck:

Red_Fred
Oct 21, 2010

Fallen Rib
I wonder what their metric is for 'got big'? I got a lot of the same as above (G-easy, Churches, Borns etc.)

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.
New albums on Spotify this week :
http://everynoise.com/spotify_new_albums.html

Includes 63 lounge house and deep chill records.

Cantoris
May 11, 2015

I play video games 29 hours a day

Droopy Goines posted:

New albums on Spotify this week :
http://everynoise.com/spotify_new_albums.html

Includes 63 lounge house and deep chill records.

Yay, more lounge/chill

Quandary
Jan 29, 2008

Paper With Lines posted:

Ha, the funniest one for me was Lorde. I loved her so much the summer of 2013 but now I can't stand her. Not even hipster level "ugh, everyone loves her now," I just find her annoying.

Haha, this is identical for me. I was in the top 1% of lorde listeners and absolutely adored her music, most notably Bravado, but now I just can't do it.

cage-free egghead
Mar 8, 2004
So back in the day I used to use Equalify for a Spotify equalizer but it seems now that the guy charges for it. Any free alternatives or solutions?

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
so they finally hosed up the starred playlist completely by converting it into regular playlists

now i have 3 playlists called starred #1/#2/#3 with 10k tracks each

RIP giant list of alphabetically sortable songs

FireWorksWell
Nov 27, 2014

Let's go do some hero shit!

Dunno if Willow Beats has ever been mentioned here, but it's a pretty relaxing band and I'd recommend it if you like ambient or beautiful vocals.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

inSTAALed posted:

so they finally hosed up the starred playlist completely by converting it into regular playlists

https://support.spotify.com/us/problems/#!/article/what-happened-to-starred-tracks

God dammit. I bet "Your Music" is still limited 10k.

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP
of course it is still limited to 10k

that is why i never switched to using it in the first place

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
latest update changed my icon back to the old green on OSX :confused:

lol another update just fixed it

emdash fucked around with this message at 04:36 on Oct 6, 2015

Droopy Goines
Aug 2, 2003

Presented in DTS ES 6.1 where available.

inSTAALed posted:

My playlists are not big enough to try this, but isn't it possible to get around the limit by just adding all the 10k playlists to a folder and then play that folder?

slowdave
Jun 18, 2008

inSTAALed posted:

my starred playlist is just called Loading... now for some reason....lmao this loving program

Only registered members can see post attachments!

inSTAALed
Feb 3, 2008

MOP

n'

SLOP

Droopy Goines posted:

My playlists are not big enough to try this, but isn't it possible to get around the limit by just adding all the 10k playlists to a folder and then play that folder?

yeah, that is waht it did when it converted

you can shuffle all the playlists in the folder together, but you can't see everything in one giant list that you can sort by artist and scroll through like a normal music library

Eight Is Legend
Jan 2, 2008
For some reason, the iOS app decided to remove all my saved albums. I can still see them in the OS X app, however.

I've tried logging out and in again, no dice - anyone else experienced this?

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

I think the latest update just broke the buttons in the top-right of the screen :thumbsup:

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Mierenneuker posted:

I think the latest update just broke the buttons in the top-right of the screen :thumbsup:

Which buttons?

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

I swear the phone app is learning my habits, as the train to work approached the platform today it started playing the Imperial March :tinfoil:

Blast Fantasto
Sep 18, 2007

USAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Eight Is Legend posted:

For some reason, the iOS app decided to remove all my saved albums. I can still see them in the OS X app, however.

I've tried logging out and in again, no dice - anyone else experienced this?

I did. Delete the app and re-install, that worked for me.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Lblitzer posted:

So back in the day I used to use Equalify for a Spotify equalizer but it seems now that the guy charges for it. Any free alternatives or solutions?

Use older version of Spotify and old Equalify. I guess the guy couldn't be arsed to do a complete rewrite and not get paid.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

me your dad posted:

Which buttons?

Upgrade, new album, notifications, inbox, profile, menu. Not minimize, windowed and exit, those still work.

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling

Mierenneuker posted:

Upgrade, new album, notifications, inbox, profile, menu. Not minimize, windowed and exit, those still work.

It all works fine for me. Spotify 10.15, OS X 10.11.

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

Mierenneuker posted:

All of this works for me on my Windows 7 work PC, I just updated spotify.

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

Might be a Windows 8.1 thing then. Either way, hope it'll be fixed in the next update.

queertea
Jun 4, 2013

Not Fade Away
In just 10 weeks, 1 billion tracks have been streamed on Discovery Weekly playlists.

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

I'm not surprised. I hear unanimous praise for it. My first Discover playlist was disappointing but almost each one since has nailed my taste and brought up some really obscure things.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I guess I am going to stay with Apple for the time being. They've ironed out all of their performance issues (except for the inherent clunkiness of the itunes desktop app). I canceled Spotify for now although I could see myself going back... honestly pretty torn there are things I like and dislike about both

Oct 15, 2012

Vault Dweller

thathonkey posted:

honestly pretty torn there are things I like and dislike about both

Same here. I'm keeping Spotify because it's half price for students

The Ass Stooge
Nov 9, 2012

a hunger uncurbed
by nature's calling
I've switched from iPhone to Android since Apple Music launched; I wasn't too impressed with it on my iPhone at the very start but I'll give it another shot once the Android app is out (honestly surprised it isn't already). If they've fixed the issue where you can't add tracks to your library because it thinks they're duplicates of something already there (like if you add a live album after adding the studio albums containing the same songs), I'll probably stick with it for a while.

mogran
Jun 25, 2011
After four months of paying for Pandora and Spotify I guestimate Pandora 30% and Spotify 70% of the time. Pandora serves as a relief when I'm out of Spotify ideas for the most part. Spotify needs to add a shuffle option for radio though.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
So when did Spotify stop allowing you to sort local music by Date Added? :smithicide:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Not sure if this is the best place to ask but has anyone here got into the Apple Music on Android beta?

I was wondering if it lets you download and listen to stuff you bought on the iTunes store, or if it's strictly tied to stuff you get through your Apple Music subscription. No one on this fine internet seems to know/care.

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord
iTunes has angered me too much. I'm being pushed into the comforting arms of Spotify since I already use it for music discovery.

Apparently theres a way to add your local music to Spotify, and then sync it to your phone, so effectively Spotify becomes iTunes. When I add local music, I tell spotify to grab it from a specific folder in my documents (not the iTunes or other folders, just this one). After doing so, it recognizes all the 700 songs, but only 80 of them are able to be played. The rest are greyed out. Upon double clicking them, Spotify says something like "unable to play this song, in order to play it, import it".

I thought that was importing it? How do I do that, and eventually get it to my iPhone?

me your dad
Jul 25, 2006

Avocados posted:

iTunes has angered me too much. I'm being pushed into the comforting arms of Spotify since I already use it for music discovery.

Apparently theres a way to add your local music to Spotify, and then sync it to your phone, so effectively Spotify becomes iTunes. When I add local music, I tell spotify to grab it from a specific folder in my documents (not the iTunes or other folders, just this one). After doing so, it recognizes all the 700 songs, but only 80 of them are able to be played. The rest are greyed out. Upon double clicking them, Spotify says something like "unable to play this song, in order to play it, import it".

I thought that was importing it? How do I do that, and eventually get it to my iPhone?

Unfortunately the local files are only available on the device where they reside. You'd have to copy the files to your phone I guess. It's one of Spotify's biggest weaknesses.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Medium Cool
Dec 27, 2006

Yr sister is a beauty when she's naked
Grimey Drawer

me your dad posted:

Unfortunately the local files are only available on the device where they reside. You'd have to copy the files to your phone I guess. It's one of Spotify's biggest weaknesses.

The way to do it is to make a playlist for local files, and then sync the playlist on your phone while connected to the same network as your computer. It would be nice if they made it a little more user friendly.

• Locked thread