Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brocktoon
Jul 18, 2006

Before we engage we should hang back and study their tactics.

Abu Dave posted:

Whose the dumbass that picked suspicious minds over literally any other Elvis song

Suspicious Minds is the best Elvis song. :colbert:

And how is there any debate about the worst on-disc song when Visions was an on-disc song?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax

Dr Zaius posted:

This isn't even a debate: Outer Space by the Muffs is the worst on-disc song in the series.

It's a bad song that isn't fun for anyone.

It's also like 2 minutes and change, dude. Even if you do mind it, it's practically done as soon as it starts.

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Dr Zaius posted:

This isn't even a debate: Outer Space by the Muffs is the worst on-disc song in the series.

Are we only including RB in this? Because Made In Mexico - Yes We Can would like to have a word with you.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
I love Bob Dylan but Tangled Up In Blue is a terrible RB song.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
Someone is going to say Cool for Cats for some reason soon and we'll all feel bad for them

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

With our special guest star, RUSH! YAYYYYYYYYY

I remember hating 29 Fingers a lot when I was playing RB1."WE'RE THE KONKS AND WE DON'T CARE :byodood:"

Brocktoon posted:

Suspicious Minds is the best Elvis song. :colbert:
I like Suspicious Minds, but repeating "We're caught in a trap, I can't walk out, because I love you too much baby" eight million times at the end is going to be the next "SENDING OUT AN SOS..."

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Was that a slight against Message in a Bottle.....

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

Message in a Bottle is awesome but that part got pretty old on vocals.

Gaspar Lewis
Nov 30, 2007

by Lowtax
Sending out an SOS
Put out the red light
Many miles awaaaaay

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Unfortunately the too drat long ending trophy already belongs to UB40 for Red Red Wine in Lips. It takes longer to get through that song than it does for the game to load.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Sending out an SOS
Put out the red light
Many miles awaaaaay

Yeah, I call that The Police Syndrome.

One of the reasons I loving hate No Doubt.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

This is the best game to pit on no fail with my 3 year old daughter. Watching her try to sing pretty fly for a white guy had me crying from laughter.

Xad
Jul 2, 2009

"Either Sonic is God, or could kill God, and I do not care if there is a difference!"

College Slice

whypick1 posted:

Yeah, I call that The Police Syndrome.

One of the reasons I loving hate No Doubt.

Also happens at the end of Give It Away by RHCP. Always a fun time when that happens in songs.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but has anyone on PS4 been able to redownload the Doors pack? 95% of my DLC downloaded fine, but nothing from this pack is showing up as purchased, whether I look at the pack or the singles.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Couple things.

1) I didn't notice any update when I booted today for XBox One. I did get an update the first time I booted up, on Wednesday.

2) I am unable to Browse by Pack for DLC. There is literally nothing for me to browse. It is empty. Other screens let me search "Call Me" to "Coffin Nails" etc

e: Also, "Purchase options" doesn't list any other options. I presume that is where I am able to see what pack(s) it is part of?

Stealthed Zombie
Dec 21, 2007

And Introducing:
Dean "Titty Master" Ambrose

Hockles posted:

Couple things.

1) I didn't notice any update when I booted today for XBox One. I did get an update the first time I booted up, on Wednesday.

2) I am unable to Browse by Pack for DLC. There is literally nothing for me to browse. It is empty. Other screens let me search "Call Me" to "Coffin Nails" etc

e: Also, "Purchase options" doesn't list any other options. I presume that is where I am able to see what pack(s) it is part of?

1) I didn't get an update until I tried to play a DLC song (I thought the song was updating at first and got very confused)

2) Yep. I think packs still work through the Xbone Store itself, though.

gey muckle mowser
Aug 5, 2003

Do you know anything about...
witches?

Buglord

Hockles posted:

On PS4 at least, that button does nothing unless there is a pack containing the song. Kind of confusing on singles.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Also (pt 3), all the Freezepop songs are perpetually "thinking" in the store, and "There was a problem completing your purchase. Please try again" when I select it/them

DancinBrud
Jul 23, 2007

Received my legacy adapter last night and got everything set up. Didn't have any calibration issues, which I was worried about after reading the thread, so I feel like I dodged a bullet there. Overall the game is Rock Band, so it's going to be fun, but it's kind of hard to to be spoiled by customs. I'm trying to keep my expectations realistic. Legacy harmonies are the best, though. Thanks again for those!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Gaspar Lewis posted:

Who wants to bet that most of Elvis' big earlier hits have no usable masters as well? Hm?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

This is why the only Johnny Cash songs we got were the 80s rerecordings.

Ideal/Realistic Elvis Pack:

- Burning Love
- The Promised Land ("You know Elvis is dead?" "Nah, he just went home.")
- Guitar Man (the live version from the '68 comeback special)
- Return to Sender
- Viva Las Vegas
- Raised on Rock
- Johnny B. Goode, live from Hawaii

Binowru
Feb 15, 2007

I never set out to be weird. It was always other people who called me weird.

Dr Zaius posted:

I liked this song because it got me to practice open chords on Pro Guitar :shobon:

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Is the preorder DLC (Babymetal, Weird Al, All That Remains, etc) available as a pack or just as singles?

CrazedGeek
Aug 18, 2015

Hockles posted:

Is the preorder DLC (Babymetal, Weird Al, All That Remains, etc) available as a pack or just as singles?

Just singles.

Harry Privates
Oct 10, 2007
Why doesn't the game actually pause when I hit the pause button with a band? Can they fix that so its not dumb.

Also remember I don't want to do freestyle solos I always have to unselect them when I start the game.

GabbiLB
Jul 14, 2004

~toot~
I'm sort of confused about the firmware stuff for ps4. I understand that the drums are wonky and need the firmware update, but is there something for the guitar as well?

Devorum
Jul 30, 2005

Buhbuhj posted:

I'm sort of confused about the firmware stuff for ps4. I understand that the drums are wonky and need the firmware update, but is there something for the guitar as well?

For the PS4, both the drums and the guitar need an update.

For the XBone, it's just the drums.

thefncrow
Mar 14, 2001

Harry Privates posted:

Why doesn't the game actually pause when I hit the pause button with a band? Can they fix that so its not dumb.

Hold the button. That's there so that people who are new aren't accidentally hitting pause and interrupting everyone. Like Peter Moore did when they first did a stage demo at E3 years back.

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I'm having fun with the game but I really miss the songs from RB 1-3, I hope they get on that soon.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Rock Band 4 lied to me I asked on twitter if they will include songs from either Heavenly or Tullycraft and they promised it.

Orange Harrison
Feb 24, 2010

All through the day, I me mine
In RB3 there was an oversight where it was counter-intuitive to read the Harmonies detailed results by mic because they forgot to change the player colors from the ones used in Beatles.
In RB4 they addressed this issue by removing any information whatsoever from the results screen.

Adding harmonies to all old DLC is probably the biggest improvement RB4 has, and that was the part of the game HMX didn't make. :v:

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
I'm really confused. I thought once I had the game installed, I could easily view old DLC I've bought and then download it 1-by-1. Do I just have to go through the entire list of DLC and pick out whatever I bought blind?

gypsyshred
Oct 23, 2006
What you are describing is how it should work, but as of now it works correctly about 1/3 of the time. If you click something and you own it, it'll download, if it doesn't recognize your purchase, it'll pop the credit card screen.

puppy party
Sep 21, 2008
Basically I thought I could go to manage game and it would show me anything I bought then I had to go into it 1-by-1 to download. Instead I just have to go to the store and filter through everything I guess? Even the steps listed on the RB4 page lead me to think that is the way it has to be D:

http://www.rockband4.com/how-to-dlc/

Trash Boat
Dec 28, 2012

VROOM VROOM

puppy party posted:

I'm really confused. I thought once I had the game installed, I could easily view old DLC I've bought and then download it 1-by-1. Do I just have to go through the entire list of DLC and pick out whatever I bought blind?

Well the best way would probably be to follow along through your download history on the Xbox website (or Playstation, assuming they have an equivilent).

Also, I really wish the choose a song sets in career mode didn't limit you to a dozen or so on-disc songs to choose from, paricularly since I actually the career mode's fundamentals better than RB3's aside from that (and the fact that scores there don't save to quickplay). To anyone who's finished the main career path, any chance the selection restrictions get removed for post-game or subsequent playthroughs?

DMorbid
Jan 6, 2011

I'm looking through the full list of Rock Band DLC on Wikipedia to see if there's some good stuff I've missed, and I seriously had no idea some of these tracks were DLC instead of on-disc songs. For example, I could have sworn Message in a Bottle was an on-disc song in RB2, but it actually came out in a pack with Blondie's Call Me and Lynyrd Skynyrd's Simple Man several months before RB2. :stare:

I guess all the DLC songs and exports start to blur together after all these years.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

mr.capps posted:

Rock Band 4 lied to me I asked on twitter if they will include songs from either Heavenly or Tullycraft and they promised it.
This is Rock Band not Twee Band

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

Pablo Gigante posted:

This is Rock Band not Twee Band

It would be better if it was Twee Band

El Destructo
Jul 28, 2004

The football is in my path.
In 12 seconds' time she pulls
it away. I'm already lying there, 12 seconds into the future.

Funky Valentine posted:

Ideal/Realistic Elvis Pack:
* Black Velvet - Alannah Myles
* Walking in Memphis - Marc Cohn
* Elvis is Everywhere - Mojo Nixon and Skid Roper

MacBook Air Gamer
May 6, 2007

Here I go, deep type flow.
Jacques Cousteau could never get this low.
Is there any way to get DLC I bought but has been since taken off the marketplace into 4? Stuff like BSSM or those Silversun Pickups songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

I'm guessing we don't know if the songs from the old games will be available to buy if we didn't export cause we switched consoles?