Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

G0RF posted:

Plus whoever else has reached out to Escapist since the article broke. We know at least a couple have since they cited that fact in their reply to Ortwin's "how dare you insult Sandi!" legal (ahem) letter...

Then again, I wouldn't bet the farm against CIG pulling off the Best drat Space Sim Ever yet. There's a lot of excitement building.

When I read this headline, I felt chills:

"Star Citizen ship explosions are some of the finest ever committed to space".

Their ship explosions are some of the finest ever committed to space, and climbing? It does look comparable with the best of first person games' ladder animations.

Anyone who buys into that is such a moron. Its like they couldn't possibly have just pre-rendered something to show it off and build excitement. That has never happened before.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3z2qVebxlUo

Oh wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

SneakyFrog posted:

its only till tomorrow though

Yeah, probably because it's my first offense. I'll just repost the thread tomorrow and keep doing that until the refund closes my account or they permaban me.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kimsemus posted:

https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/288411/beer4thebeergod-s-ban

At this point, I don't mind falling on my own sword. My account was going to be closed imminently anyway, I guess.

Very noble sticking up for someone that got Kimsemsus'd who also Kimsemsus'd you

Salute gentlegoon

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I can guarantee you that even on monster PCs with four video cards, two ships exploding on-screen will drop framerate to 5fps.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Paladinus posted:

I can guarantee you that even on monster PCs with four video cards, two ships exploding on-screen will drop framerate to 5fps.

It's probably prerendered anyway

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
Q: how often did they issue those eternity probations before beer?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer
New CCU system is up. It's done in leterally the worst way.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51&sort=store&search=&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

Why they couldn't have a simple page with 2 lists I don't know?

to0terfish
Apr 4, 2015

Pork Pro
I am puzzled over the harsh judgement to start banning vocal dissenters. If the game is fine, why such an abrasive move to sensor out all of the bad press? I can get on board with attacking someone who is taking shots at your family, but attacking random individuals for expressing themselves is a red flag in itself.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
How many posts does it take to be banned from the RSI forums?

0, the same amount of goonfucking Kimsemus and thatguy did

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Eonwe posted:

How many posts does it take to be banned from the RSI forums?

0, the same amount of goonfucking Kimsemus and that guy did

Took me 2 :lol:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

Very noble sticking up for someone that got Kimsemsus'd who also Kimsemsus'd you

Salute gentlegoon

Beer didn't do him and you know it. Your shitposting is now turning into the realm of slander, goon sir.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Iron Tusk posted:

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/pledge/extras?product_id=51&sort=store&search=&itemType=skus&storefront=pledge&type=extras&

they're selling loving upgrades to loving .jpg ships. what in the loving poo poo? holy gently caress whoever is buying into this has serious mental problems. they've put more effort into their .jpg storefront than they have into an actual working game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Beer didn't do him and you know it. Your shitposting is now turning into the realm of slander, goon sir.

If beer wanted he could easily have it overturned, friend

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Iron Tusk posted:

Every time they add a ship, they have to add CCU items to and from that ship to and from every other ship :psyduck:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

If beer wanted he could easily have it overturned, friend

Right. But he didn't do him. As I said, friend - slander.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Store design? No gently caress it, just put everything on one page. The 'spergs will make a guide anyway.

KM Scorchio
Feb 13, 2008

"If you don't find rape hilarious, you're a sensitive crybaby."
Just 5 minutes of browsing that forum has convinced me that there will inevitably be suicides when the wheels fall off this shitheap.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Iron Tusk posted:

That's not the new CCU system.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Variable 5 posted:

Every time they add a ship, they have to add CCU items to and from that ship to and from every other ship :psyduck:

Just search "Hornet."

It is madness.

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

revmoo posted:

I don't even understand why these Star Citizens would have any interest in playing a game that requires you to spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a _regular basis_ to remain even remotely competitive. That doesn't sound like the "one true final game" that anyone would be interested in.

Because that's not remotely how it's gonna work?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

Right. But he didn't do him. As I said, friend - slander.

I post like I see it

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Octopode posted:

That's not the new CCU system.

That's a relief because it is literally terrible in every way. So how long have they been operating with that as the CCU system?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Gryphon0468 posted:

Yeah, the way its actually going to work is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
We do these things not because they are easy, but because we thought they would be easy.
Grimey Drawer

Sarsapariller posted:

Just search "Hornet."

It is madness.

Now the site is down. They obviously thought this through.

No wonder their database charges $5 per change.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf
Honest question: How much work went into this store/CCU thing that should have, I dunno, been put towards making the actual game? Instead of managing spaceship jpgs.

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Sarsapariller posted:

That's a relief because it is literally terrible in every way. So how long have they been operating with that as the CCU system?

That's been the system since they introduced the ability to do CCUs.

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Im_drunk posted:

I am puzzled over the harsh judgement to start banning vocal dissenters. If the game is fine, why such an abrasive move to sensor out all of the bad press? I can get on board with attacking someone who is taking shots at your family, but attacking random individuals for expressing themselves is a red flag in itself.

As always, the cover-up eclipses the initial wrongdoing.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Octopode posted:

:perfect:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Yeah, the way its actually going to work is FAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

I started myself, which is similar quality to this game

Give me 90 million and I'll go eat some Arbys tonight and mail all of you guys a nice liquidy star citizen

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

I post like I see it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RymuG8nn8

2:00 Take note who loses the quotation battle!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Gryphon0468 posted:

yes that's why they have an online store selling jpgs that cost hundreds - thousands of dollars. brilliant argument there.

B_of_InfoRedux
Oct 6, 2015

WANT A MELTDOWN? KEEP READING FROM YOUR MOTHERS BASEMENTS WHILE YOU BEAT YOUR TINY DICK SECRETLY THINKING OF SANDI YOU HYPOCRITICAL PIECES OF HUMAN GARBAGE.

KM Scorchio posted:

Just 5 minutes of browsing that forum has convinced me that there will inevitably be suicides when the wheels fall off this shitheap.

With the amount of money some have into this, it would be shocking if there weren't any suicides. At the vary least we'll see some failed marriages at the least. Oh well sometimes you gotta thin the Hurd.

Kurr de la Cruz
May 21, 2007

Put the boots to him, medium style.

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

I started myself, which is similar quality to this game

Give me 90 million and I'll go eat some Arbys tonight and mail all of you guys a nice liquidy star citizen

How much for a jpeg of some curly fries?

Oscar Wilde Bunch
Jun 12, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Octopode posted:

Except they added about a couple hundred new items.

Oscar Wilde Bunch fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Oct 9, 2015

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

SirPhoebos posted:

^^^*ahem* we call it DayCycle in Alpha Complex, you Commie Mutant Traitor :colbert:^^^

For everyone that's only gotten a partial refund, couldn't you go to your banks to charge back the balance?

Sure and if you don't have the digital assets on your account because you've gifted them to someone else then expect a paypal chargeback coming your way. If the balance was physical goods or a sub, it's theft.

Variable 5
Apr 17, 2007
Grimey Drawer

CIG Careers posted:

I like working at CIG because I get to make spaceships fly without risking people's lives (hopefully) or possibly damaging billions of dollars’ worth of hardware.
--John Pritchett, Senior Physics Engineer, Cultist

Gryphon0468
Oct 3, 2015

ASK ME IF YOU WANT TO KNOW WHAT ITS LIKE TO SUCK OFF CHRIS ROBERTS

revmoo posted:

That's the funny thing though; if it was remotely practical (in this imaginary game) to simply play a lot and get those same ships, then they would never actually sell for thousands of dollars, people would just acquire them in-game for the most part. So either you can acquire them from playing and nobody would ever pay cash, or it's not practical and you HAVE to pay. And since these insurances (excluding backers LTI) are time-limited, that means gamers would have to be constantly dumping literal thousands of dollars into their accounts to keep up.

So basically, this is Econ 101 and it wouldn't work either way.

What am I doing I'm trying to dissect the marketing on a Ponzi sceme this is dumb.

You won't be able to buy ships for cash when the game launches. Everybody who's keeping up with development knows this before pledging. We know our ships can be lost, it's a game after all.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

CrazyLoon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9RymuG8nn8

2:00 Take note who loses the quotation battle!

I'm at work I'm not going to watch a YouTube video sorry

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Eonwe posted:

I'm at work I'm not going to watch a YouTube video sorry

Awww. :( I woulda agreed with you if you had said like: "That last quote totally shoulda won tho." but okay... :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Kurr de la Cruz posted:

How much for a jpeg of some curly fries?

That's not part of my vision

My vision is boxed sharts, liquidy and very unhealthy looking

I will eat only curly fries and mail you the curly fries shart for $100 though

• Locked thread