Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zmej posted:

that archeage drama effort post is spot on. it was the fishing drama that really killed the guild ontop of the devs crippling the PvP.

it fails to mention dbrb tried to steal from the guild loot stash on at least one pirating adventure then lie about. i'm confident he did it multiple times.

my few good memories includes kimesus leading the 100+ man pirate island raids. :salute:

:cheers:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Hah, they've made it so you can't downgrade. Still. Despite that supposedly being a thing that this could do. Guess since they got yelled at for wanting to charge a fee to downgrade, they just axed that all together.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.

G0RF posted:

I think that's an entirely appropriate response -- but why only limit yourself to only two ships? Don't you believe in the dream?

I already own everything I can buy easily.

I made a new account just to protest!

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

so remember when derek smart linked the goonrathi roster and said it was a spreadsheet to request refunds

i think he was onto something

LMao at recognizing all the Chill Non-mad Posters in this thread who are in for 4 large

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Good old Matilda: https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3nn3g5/drama_megathread/cvs7usj?context=3

Matilda2013 posted:

after the layoff of the 2 community staff members goons got crazy. Sometimes it is hard to tell the difference between them and Manzes. I liked to read the SA forums for amusement and hell they have some funny folks over there but after that day it is just pure toxic. What I don't understand is, why "leaking"/ hinting stuff to DS? They are not pleased and want to troll CIG, fine by me but lately they really lost it. I think I am gonna forward this to the community team, at least they should know with what a mindset they are dealing (although I guess they already know)

Matilda2013 posted:

This hugbox is one of the most critical communities I ever saw. The problem is that people tend to forget that the main reason we are here is, that we all want to be here. To be positive about a project doesn't make everyone stupid. We are talking about 800k people here most of them with family and jobs. And just because we don't tear this all apart when a madman like DS shows up without any evidence and credibility people are not blind. If there would be any real proof for criminal activities going on at CIG especially racism and fraud people would act accordingly. Until then most of the 800k don't even know about the drama and most of those who know don't care. That's just reasonable.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

I sneezed and 1600 replies happened, did I miss something since the mmorpg.com column dropped?

I was hoping to catch up before CitizenCon stuff started coming out!

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
If this game ever comes out I'm going to play it and earn a ship in game without buying it before launch for several hundred dollars.

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Can someone explain this to me? How does the schmeg work? Like upgrading a $20 ship to a $350 ship costs $396...I sort of expected more like $330 certainly not more than $350 uhm.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

Eonwe posted:

Source your quotes

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Schnorkles posted:

hi everyone!

I have to say that the negativity in this thread is really hard to read. I bought a couple more ships just to send the message that people like you aren't in charge of Star Citizen.

You should spend your life savings, take out a second mortgage and sell your car just to show us and buy some more jpegs. Otherwise the game will never get done.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Dapper Dan posted:

You should spend your life savings, take out a second mortgage and sell your car just to show us and buy some more jpegs. Otherwise the game will never get done.

Look at this guy who can't afford a hobby.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

shrach posted:

Can someone explain this to me? How does the schmeg work? Like upgrading a $20 ship to a $350 ship costs $396...I sort of expected more like $330 certainly not more than $350 uhm.

They have to charge extra fees or people will abuse it and break the database, because too many CCU's causes a schmeg buildup and breaks the database.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Schnorkles posted:

Look at this guy who can't afford a hobby.

whoh there rocket ranger. defensiveness is poor form. Just be smugly correct if thats your choice, but lets be classy.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Ho Lee Cow!! That's 1hr of my life I'm never loving getting back! Don't you bastards have LIVES! Oh wait! Nevermind.

Anyway, I just caught up from page 212 and my brain is fried, my eyes bloodshot and I think my rear end is fused with the chair seat.

Oh, tomorrow is CitCon. I'm going to bed early so I can be up bright and early ready for the shenanigans. Follow my Twitter feed as I'm going to be trolling them through the whole thing.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Well I guess if he can read all that poo poo I can too.

Elite Dangerous is looking better and better all the time.

Oct 6, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That was my second strike. I believe the first was for 24 hours, which I also believe is unusual.

Beer is permaprobed because he was posting on RSI forums while also thinking critically. It's the cardinal sin for Starsheep.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
Oh I thought CitCon starts today

e: its in about 17hrs time, thats like 6AM for me

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Oct 10, 2015

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

mp5 posted:

I sneezed and 1600 replies happened, did I miss something since the mmorpg.com column dropped?

I was hoping to catch up before CitizenCon stuff started coming out!

Nah nothing really happened but we did talk about old uninteresting goon mmo drama again! Also, a lot of goons were angry about coffeemakers, which, who even gives a poo poo, but some people were downright convinced of the importance of a coffeemaker for an office of like a hundred people, and a few posters keep not knowing when it's ok to talk about who's going to commit suicide (never, it's not ever ok), and then the thread got real lovely.

ALSO you can now buy upgrades, which don't exist, for your ship, which doesn't exist, but apparently you can't because they hosed up the website. And now everyone's just waiting for the next big thing to happen, which people think will be tomorrow during the huge Con Citizens thing. But actually nothing will happen, because CIG is going to prerender or heavily script whatever they show off. ALSO ALSO they're about to unveil their new ship, which may or may not be called the Vindicator and cost $900, but will definitely be advertised by a page of uninteresting lorefluff on the @MagellanicCorp twitter. Seriously, they will post a page of bullshit "news" and then sell a picture of a ship. They'll make a million dollars. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Zeike posted:

Oh I thought CitCon starts today

It was delayed for polish.

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Upgrades? So like I can spend 20 bucks on a faster engine for my jpeg?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

mp5 posted:

its shinier.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
as soon as my game reviews get published i can't wait to take my place in the games journalism pantheon, ive already got a lot of good ideas

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Ho Lee Cow!! That's 1hr of my life I'm never loving getting back! Don't you bastards have LIVES! Oh wait! Nevermind.

Anyway, I just caught up from page 212 and my brain is fried, my eyes bloodshot and I think my rear end is fused with the chair seat.

Oh, tomorrow is CitCon. I'm going to bed early so I can be up bright and early ready for the shenanigans. Follow my Twitter feed as I'm going to be trolling them through the whole thing.

Ask for Kimsemus to be let in goonrathi please

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

mp5 posted:

No, you can give them money to upgrade your current jpeg to a more expensive jpeg. They'll helpfully charge you the difference in jpeg prices.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
here's what I can't stand about star citizen:

click to read

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

whoh there rocket ranger. defensiveness is poor form. Just be smugly correct if thats your choice, but lets be classy.

Sorry friend, you're right.

I just think people need to open their eyes a little bit and realize that everything is going well. :)

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

Wulfling posted:

They have to charge extra fees or people will abuse it and break the database, because too many CCU's causes a schmeg buildup and breaks the database.

But why does it cost 396 + 20 for something that costs 350? Couldn't I just keep the 20 dollar ship and buy the 350 one for 350? I can see I'm out of my jpg depth here.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Schnorkles posted:

I already own everything I can buy easily.
Yes, you have everything you can buy easily. But why are you taking the easy road? Chris Roberts certainly isn't. Star Citizen isn't, either. Chris is doing it to show why it's worth doing what other people declare is impossible, and like Thomas Edison once said, "Sometimes it's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Do you have access to credit? Do you have assets you could liquidate? Or perhaps parents you could lean on for a little short term loan on the investment opportunity of a lifetime?

I would just hate for you to be shortchanged of the high-fidelity immersion than other people with more ships are going to experience when the game launches next year.

I really think it's time for you to aim a little higher. For the stars, if you will. Like Chris Roberts is.

If you have a house, it's very easy to refinance and free up a lot of capital for personal use, and given how real estate prices have generally appreciated in these recent years, there's a good chance you've got thousands of dollars in easy reach, right on the other side of a home re-fi.

Don't shortchange yourself-- you might regret it for the rest of your life.

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat
If I wanted to buy a Wing Commander game on GOG. What one's the best? I want something that's story heavy.

mashed
Jul 27, 2004

Eonwe posted:

Ask for Kimsemus to be let in goonrathi please

Free Eonwe.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

G0RF posted:

Yes, you have everything you can buy easily. But why are you taking the easy road? Chris Roberts certainly isn't. Star Citizen isn't, either. Chris is doing it to show why it's worth doing what other people declare is impossible, and like Thomas Edison once said, "Sometimes it's kind of fun to do the impossible."

Do you have access to credit? Do you have assets you could liquidate? Or perhaps parents you could lean on for a little short term loan on the investment opportunity of a lifetime?

I would just hate for you to be shortchanged of the high-fidelity immersion than other people with more ships are going to experience when the game launches next year.

I really think it's time for you to aim a little higher. For the stars, if you will. Like Chris Roberts is.

If you have a house, it's very easy to refinance and free up a lot of capital for personal use, and given how real estate prices have generally appreciated in these recent years, there's a good chance you've got thousands of dollars in easy reach, right on the other side of a home re-fi.

Don't shortchange yourself-- you might regret it for the rest of your life.

This sounds like poor financial planning friend.

I only spend what I can afford. :)

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Schnorkles posted:

This sounds like poor financial planning friend.

I only spend what I can afford. :)

Shut up

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
College Slice

shrach posted:

But why does it cost 396 + 20 for something that costs 350? Couldn't I just keep the 20 dollar ship and buy the 350 one for 350? I can see I'm out of my jpg depth here.

Editing database costs extra, and privilege and milking you for more cash. Its the CIG way.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Eonwe posted:

Shut up

Isn't this the thread where we just post??

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

Schnorkles posted:

hi everyone!

I have to say that the negativity in this thread is really hard to read. I bought a couple more ships just to send the message that people like you aren't in charge of Star Citizen.

And just to show how deep your conviction is, you should buy some more. That'll really show us!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Eonwe posted:

Shut up

:prepop:

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

D_Smart posted:

Dr. Smart, can you give us your up to date opinion on what's been going on? Or are you going to wait for Citcon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
over a hundred paste bin views

games journalists,'please hire me, ive really got this whole clickbait thing down and im prepared to spend my life earning a mediocre salary so that i can write high school level essays about my hobby

• Locked thread