Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

thathonkey posted:

My copy of slime season didnt come with best friend what the gently caress this is a goddamned outrage im writing my congressperson as we speak

get the uncompressed my slime
https://twitter.com/alextumay/status/650050130662543360

alternate version of freaky in there as well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love
I'm gonna check out that Vince Staples but T&Y still gets rotation in my car and I can't remember an album in a long time that got this much burn. B4DA$$ gets high marks as well.

gohmak fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Oct 9, 2015

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

The REAL Goobusters posted:

:lol:

if you dont gently caress with young thug honestly just get the gently caress out

shut the gently caress up :thumbsup:

Funky Britches posted:

get the uncompressed my slime
https://twitter.com/alextumay/status/650050130662543360

alternate version of freaky in there as well

:respek: :hellyeah: :respek:

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

New Mr Mfn Exquire? It's called LiveForever..I think it's out, not sure if you gotta pay

Yeah it's a full release on iTunes.

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

50 Cent posted:

I'm in my Lambo, maggot, my fo' fo' human being
Doors lift up, I'm like Go Go Gadget

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
New eX :aaa:

temple
Jul 29, 2006

I have actual skeletons in my closet
It is a true cruelty that this thread loves thugga but not gambino. I will always haunt you for this betrayal.

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

temple posted:

It is a true cruelty that this thread loves thugga but not gambino. I will always haunt you for this betrayal.

this just explains so much

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ENpRYyoQ1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6OpdjbzTIhM

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

So new Exquire album came out (or EP, whatever). Upon first listen it's really good. Got a lot of the same type of stuff going on that was in Kismet (which was lowkey a great album but just got ignored/forgotten about). Production is extremely varied. A couple tracks almost sound like some slightly updated NY 90's poo poo, one song's a deadringer for a Madlib beat, there's a couple that are just out there. It's not particularly a problem though, Kismet was much the same way, where it was kinda all over (although being longer it had time to develop a bit more track to track). Not much to say about his rapping. It's nothing really different from his other stuff, but that's not a problem at all when you consider how varied he's been as a rapper before. Dude's still extremely versatile and clever and is probably one of the most underrated dudes out in terms of just pure rap ability. Kinda like Danny Brown where he doesn't sound out of place on party/club music, or talking "real" poo poo, or whatever. He's definitely a dude who seems like should have more of a following and hopefully he'll get it.

Also King Mez dropped a new project recently. I expect you'll start seeing a lot of stuff written about him in a year or so since he hits a lot of the same notes as Kendrick, and was featured a bit on Dre's Compton tape. He sounds very much like a poor man's Kendrick, and although that sounds insulting it's really not since Kendrick's imo one of the best rappers ever. He doesn't have a lot of the more artistry/pretentiousness (depending on your feeling) but he's still a dude who is a very effective rapper. Pretty much anyone who wish TPAB sounded more like O.D. or Section.80 should check out King Mez.

Also Pyramid Vritra dropped a few smaller projects this year, and a larger one (Damu) and they're all insane. For people who don't know, he was part of the best Odd Future project (Jet Age of Tomorrow). Pretty much if Shabazz Palaces and Father (or maybe Metro Zu) split the difference in their sound, you'd end up with Pyramid Vritra. By the way I fucks with this type of poo poo heavy, so if anyone knows of anything similar I'd really appreciate recommendations. A lot of this type of music seems to pop up on random soundcloud/youtube links from dudes who never make anything again

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

That Leif track is seapunky trash

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

$EA~PVNK?

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
http://rapradar.com/2015/10/06/new-music-prhyme-x-logic-mode/

Lo-key, even more so than Thor's bro

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

This is good, they have an album coming out soon it seems?

"I grab that 44 long and let it go more than a four year old singing that frozen song"

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

All this proves is Ferg is the loving man

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
"I love you like a fat kid loves cake" is a god tier lyric (esp when the song first came out) if you think otherwise you have 0 sense of humor and a terrible sensibility about rap music

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

thathonkey posted:

"I love you like a fat kid loves cake" is a god tier lyric (esp when the song first came out) if you think otherwise you have 0 sense of humor and a terrible sensibility about rap music
That's prob one of my favorite lines from modern popular hip hop, along with "Too many Urkels on your team, that's why your wins low"

kevin mung
Jul 15, 2013

by Shine

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

New Mr Mfn Exquire? It's called LiveForever..I think it's out, not sure if you gotta pay

this is the most insanely good neews, i started just assuming dude was done.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

thathonkey posted:

God tier verse:

I get the boosters boosting, I get computers 'puting
Y'all get shot at; call me, I do the shooting
I do the recruiting, I tutor the students
I nurture their brain, I'm moving the movement
Whether Buddhist or Buddha, that's Judas or Judah
I got Luger to Ruger, hit from Roota to Toota
Chick from hooter to hooter, I put two in producers
I'm the real ball story, the loser of "Hoosiers"
I rock mostly dosey, I roll mostly dolie
I'll leave you wholly-holey, you'll say holy moly
Here come the coroner, get em, play Rollie Pollie
I'll tell you true stories, how I coldly hold heat
When it's repping time, I get on extra grind
Fried to fricassee, Pepperseed to Pepperdine
Jeff Hamilton, Genesis, leather time
Bitches say I'm the man, I tell em never mind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

alansmithee posted:

So new Exquire album came out (or EP, whatever). Upon first listen it's really good.

That's good to hear, I'll pick it up later

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
as much as i love young thug and future it is kinda rare that they spit some poo poo and i'm like 'drat those were actually good bars' they both tend to lean heavily on their unique vocal stylings and moreso the production. the melodies are the best part of thug and future it's hooks obviously. i havent gone back to listen to the drake+future at all. it's really lazy poo poo from drake and kinda bland input from fewtch. dont listen to DS2 much either for that matter. still listen to 56 nights and monster frequently and even pluto 3d so :shrug:

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 10, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

thathonkey posted:

Also women love that corny poo poo

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I love you like a white girl loves drake

wyoming
Jun 7, 2010

Like a television
tuned to a dead channel.

Tremendous Taste posted:

I love you like a white girl loves drake

drat.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

abraham linksys posted:

I continue to be excited about this Le1f album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qt6eFShFfc

this sounds like 4 bad songs white-people-trap mixed into one really bad song

gohmak
Feb 12, 2004
cookies need love

abraham linksys posted:

I continue to be excited about this Le1f album

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Qt6eFShFfc

Is this that gay rapper that Macklemore ripped off?

Previous Jesus
Jun 5, 2013
Has anyone here seen Nacho Picasso live? I've heard some mixed things about his performances. I guess it probably depends on how high he is and on which drugs. Dude doesn't seem the most stable from his twitter.

He's coming here in about a month with some dude named Prof from Rhymesayers I've never heard of.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

Previous Jesus posted:

Has anyone here seen Nacho Picasso live? I've heard some mixed things about his performances. I guess it probably depends on how high he is and on which drugs. Dude doesn't seem the most stable from his twitter.

He's coming here in about a month with some dude named Prof from Rhymesayers I've never heard of.
everything i've heard about prof says he's an absolutely amazing live performer. i liked some of his mixtapes and it's cool he's signed to rhymesayers now. dunno about nacho picasso live but i'd imagine him being high won't have too much of an effect on his songs

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

people like 'yt and and future are dumb music and lazy' are the same crusty dorks in the 1800s like 'yo this vangogh jawn is so primitive.' dont be on the wrong sid eof history!

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

Budget Prefuse posted:

everything i've heard about prof says he's an absolutely amazing live performer. i liked some of his mixtapes and it's cool he's signed to rhymesayers now. dunno about nacho picasso live but i'd imagine him being high won't have too much of an effect on his songs

It's weird because he'd do shows with them and stuff for years and wasn't signed. His album's due out like next week I think, couple songs I heard were decent off of it.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
don't remember this being posted it was a few weeks ago, but it made me realise that i haven't listened to flocka basically at all this year and that i'm pretty loving hyped for flockavelli 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=on2ufpuKy2o

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
Waka Flocka needs to release I can't Rap Vol. 2 and just have him freestyling over this years top beats again.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

I AM BRAWW posted:

Waka Flocka needs to release I can't Rap Vol. 2 and just have him freestyling over this years top beats again.

yes.

making turn down for what into something i listened to a lot was an incredible achievement

Funky Britches
Aug 22, 2009

Waka's done some fun stuff this year

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMOOD_nLJPo

TenaciousTomato
Jul 17, 2007

Interworld and the New Innocence
UH-HUH!

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Aye. Can someone in this thread teach me how to hit the Quan?

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i'm still tryna learn how to crank that soulja boy and dougie and now i gotta nae nae and harlem shake and shmurda dance how am i supposed to keep up with this

logical phalluses
Mar 18, 2009

The living look upon the corpse with their eyesight,
But without eyesight lingers a different living and looks
curiously on the corpse.
i can't wait for the lil wayne and juelz santana collaboration "i can't feel my face" to be released.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

logical phalluses posted:

i can't wait for the lil wayne and juelz santana collaboration "i can't feel my face" to be released.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

It's ok